PDA

View Full Version : New front page article: The steep learning curve

Zunaid
December 27, 2006, 10:17 AM
The steep learning curve
Mijanul Akbar
In international cricket we are still way behind the big boys. Once in a while we surprise them but most of the time we can not compete with them, be it in Tests or ODIs. We have unbelievable talented players, yet the learning curve seems to be a little steep. Why is that?
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/images/read_art.gif Read article ยป (http://banglacricket.com/html/article.php?item=432)

Braveheart
December 27, 2006, 10:58 AM
Just wondering which firm Mr. Akbar works for? I am joining Deloitte come September.

By the way, great article. I absolutely agree with everything you said.

akabir77
December 27, 2006, 03:41 PM
pretty good. One thing to mention though... I know you don't support India so why was their name was not in the LONG TIME TAKEN TO SATTLE list!!!! They took 12/13 or somthing years to get their first win too.

billah
December 27, 2006, 04:12 PM
Yes, the likes of Aftab and SN will play much more engulfing roles in the years they retire from international cricket. Their experiences will be called upon, for the benefit of the younger ones. In terms of having experienced players with proven track record in mentoring roles, we are far behind others. This article points out to that valuable piece of info.

Thanks.

Rabz
December 28, 2006, 06:54 AM
Keep up the good work Tigers_eye bhai...

israr
December 28, 2006, 07:24 AM
Appreciate that a lot. The author reduced my workload of making others understand why I am still so supportive of Ash. Once again, a very good job done.

Tigers_eye
December 29, 2006, 10:06 AM
I am back and Thank you all. I had an unbelievable month. watched the tigers upclose. Will give you some feedback and my thoughts after I settle down a bit.

sadi
December 29, 2006, 10:09 AM
Welcome back tigers_eye. We did miss you here.

pagol-chagol
December 29, 2006, 12:04 PM
Welcome back MA. Missed you.

TheWatcher
December 31, 2006, 06:33 AM
Good piece Tigers_eye.

In the past we made the mistakes of dropping Nannu, Bulbul, Akram, and Durjoy prematurly. Which is why I think we should hold on to Bashar a little longer. Off course, he has to score some runs every now and then to stay in the team. But, despite his inconsistency, I think Bashar's age and maturity plays a very positive role in team's performences.

IanW
January 1, 2007, 06:30 AM
The players that were dropped when the team got cleaned out following the appointment of a real coach were, frankly, useless, and what was to be done needed to be done quickly.

Especitally the alleged all-rounder of an ex-captain.

The problem is simply a lack of tough, hard, four day, first class cricket. Hit and giggle series do NOT create quality cricketers.

Ian Whitchurch