PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh and Twenty20

israr
December 28, 2006, 12:09 PM
Well, tests and ODIs aside, can we atleast be more competitive in this version of the game? In my opinion, our batsmen will be fortunate enough in twenty20 rather than ODIs or tests, cause after all, fortune favours the brave. In addition, they wouldn't be any other detailed strategies lurking in their minds when they go out on the field to bat, as their only aim would be to score at a better strike-rate, and considering how frenetic our batsman are, this might actually favour them.
I am already thinking about the Twenty20 World Cup, but have got no clues of how this tournament's poolings are going to be determined. ICC have mentioned there are going to be 12 teams which will compete for this title, but can you guys please shed some light on how this event is going to be run, and ofcourse, share your views about Bangladesh's chances in twenty20 internationals as well as their maiden outing in the inaugural twenty20 world cup.

jishan
December 28, 2006, 03:55 PM
Well, tests and ODIs aside, can we atleast be more competitive in this version of the game? In my opinion, our batsmen will be fortunate enough in twenty20 rather than ODIs or tests, cause after all, fortune favours the brave. In addition, they wouldn't be any other detailed strategies lurking in their minds when they go out on the field to bat, as their only aim would be to score at a better strike-rate, and considering how frenetic our batsman are, this might actually favour them.
I am already thinking about the Twenty20 World Cup, but have got no clues of how this tournament's poolings are going to be determined. ICC have mentioned there are going to be 12 teams which will compete for this title, but can you guys please shed some light on how this event is going to be run, and ofcourse, share your views about Bangladesh's chances in twenty20 internationals as well as their maiden outing in the inaugural twenty20 world cup.

Correct! Bd batsmen will have a better chance in this form of the game no doubt....specially aftab and mashrafee should have a blast....best part...the batsmen dun have to answer for their rush of blood...coz thts the style of the game.....:p

akabir77
December 29, 2006, 09:40 AM
remember we won the ICC championship because of the curtel overs. I mean if we had to chase a smaller target in 50 over we might have lost that game. but lucky us that it rained and we had to chase a big target in small overs and we were 9 down but got the target.
Yes I agree we have bright future. Cuse other team's player always think of playing proper cricket but ours always play on the fly so we will get more runs...

AsifTheManRahman
December 29, 2006, 03:29 PM
not really. i think we will be behind the other test nations anyways, barring maybe zimbabwe.

nsd3
December 29, 2006, 07:05 PM
On another point, this 20/20 matches may destroy a batsman's temparament and may make BD batsmen vulnerable for ever.

cricketboy
December 30, 2006, 12:14 PM
Our likely teama t this moment for 20-20:

Nafees(captain)
Tamim Iqbal
Aftab Ahmed
Shakib
Ash
Forhad
Sahgir Hossain/Mushfiqur Rahim/Dhiman Ghosh
Mashrafe
Rafique
Razzak
Shahadat

12th man-Junaid Siddique

Other contenders: Taposh, Tushar Imran.

Ahmed_B
December 30, 2006, 01:28 PM
Well.... BD team sometimes even try to play test matche like 20/20... so it might work.

on the other hand... it surely won't be as easy as it seems to be... coz sanity of mind is always vital no matter which form of game it is. :)

Carte Blanche
December 30, 2006, 08:48 PM
remember we won the ICC championship because of the curtel overs. I mean if we had to chase a smaller target in 50 over we might have lost that game. but lucky us that it rained and we had to chase a big target in small overs and we were 9 down but got the target.
Yes I agree we have bright future. Cuse other team's player always think of playing proper cricket but ours always play on the fly so we will get more runs...

How do you know we couldn't have won the final if it weren't for rain? We didn't cause the rain. We could have waltzed our way to 240 in 40 overs for all we know.

Conquering the 20/20 cirquit will never be our aim. It's the tests and ODIs we need to concentrate for now. Surely we won't mind some odd 20/20 wins, but what's that compared to being an elite Test team? It's akin to a chess master who is only a world beater on blitz internet games, but fares poorly against proper opponents in OTB games (e.g. Hikaru Nakamura).