PDA

View Full Version : When will we win the World Cup and against whom?

israr
December 29, 2006, 01:58 PM
Let us live in a world of fantasy; well.......atleast, in this thread.

Make your predictions for the year when Bangladesh shall bring the World Cup home(Insha'Allah I'll get to see that before my soul returns to the Almighty!), the final 11 of the victorious Bangladeshi team and the opposition she will face in the final.

Here are my predictions:

Year: 2011 WC
Opposition in the final: Pakistan
The final Bangladeshi 11 against Pakistan:
Nafees(capt)
Junaed
Aftab
Nadif
Ashraful
Sakib
Mushfiqur(wk)
Mashrafee
Razzak
Shahadat
Rasel

Fortuner
December 29, 2006, 02:18 PM
Too early to predict but for sure Shahriar Nafees to b the Captain and may be Mashrafee to be the MOM in that match....

sadi
December 29, 2006, 02:35 PM
It will be really unfortunate if we can't get another pacer by 2011 and our third option is still Rasel. :)

Spitfire_x86
December 29, 2006, 03:07 PM
Not before 2019.

cricketboy
December 29, 2006, 03:42 PM
It will be really unfortunate if we can't get another pacer by 2011 and our third option is still Rasel. :)

Yes Rasel is not international level as a fast bowler plus also not a good lower order batsman. People like CHaminda Vaas and Zaheer Khan can very much hold the bat which is essential specially in tight matches.

akabir77
December 29, 2006, 03:56 PM
I think mushfiq wont be in the wc champ team. We got to find some one better than him...don't get me wrong he is better then pilot but he is not in the same standard as gilli or sangarkara or ...

zahid
December 29, 2006, 04:02 PM

sensible
December 29, 2006, 04:08 PM
Let us live in a world of fantasy; well.......atleast, in this thread.

Make your predictions for the year when Bangladesh shall bring the World Cup home(Insha'Allah I'll get to see that before my soul returns to the Almighty!), the final 11 of the victorious Bangladeshi team and the opposition she will face in the final.

Here are my predictions:

Year: 2011 WC
Opposition in the final: Pakistan
The final Bangladeshi 11 against Pakistan:
Nafees(capt)
Junaed
Aftab
Nadif
Ashraful
Sakib
Mushfiqur(wk)
Mashrafee
Razzak
Shahadat
Rasel

Smells like match-fixing.........how much would be the cost?

:floor::floor::floor::floor:

Rabz
December 29, 2006, 07:52 PM
2011 World Cup??
Oh man.. we still gotta play 2007 first... then 4 more years...
i'll wait for my predictions then....

BagherBacha
December 29, 2006, 10:41 PM

Hatebreed
December 29, 2006, 11:43 PM
2011 Insh'Allah. At least we can hope by then Aftab, Nafees, Masri, Razzak, Mushfiq, Ash (?), Sakib, etc will be in the same league as other world-class players.

Kabir
December 29, 2006, 11:45 PM
Aray, if I have to start dreaming, why not right from now? I'ld say 2007...boshe boshe shopno dekhi...lets see how it feels!

shujan
December 30, 2006, 12:06 AM
Bangladesh has won 2011 Cricket World Cup Championship in style. They beat Pakistan in the final by 43 runs. Tamim Iqbal scored 123 in 67 balls and awarded man of the match. Dollar Mahmud rattled strong pakistan lineup by taking fantastic 5/34. The final in Mumbai India was watched by 80 thousand screaming fans.

On the road to the final Bangladesh beat Austarlia in semifinal by 4 wkts. Shamsur Rahman scored his 9th ODI century unbeaten 133 from 101 ball. Shahadat Hossain refused 5 Austrlians for 29 runs.

Tigers have finally arrived in Mumbai India.:flag:

layperson
December 30, 2006, 12:24 AM
Bangladesh has won 2011 Cricket World Cup Championship in style. They beat Pakistan in the final by 43 runs. Tamim Iqbal scored 123 in 67 balls and awarded man of the match. Dollar Mahmud rattled strong pakistan lineup by taking fantastic 5/34. The final in Mumbai India was watched by 80 thousand screaming fans.

On the road to the final Bangladesh beat Austarlia in semifinal by 4 wkts. Shamsur Rahman scored his 9th ODI century unbeaten 133 from 101 ball. Shahadat Hossain refused 5 Austrlians for 29 runs.

Very vivid imagination powers. :)

gatekeeper
December 30, 2006, 01:09 AM
2039.......against Nepal.

thebest
December 30, 2006, 01:24 AM
We are already world champion in corruption (6 times in a row) and probably in political bickering.

shujan
December 30, 2006, 01:31 AM
We are already world champion in corruption (6 times in a row) and probably in political bickering.

TheWorst/:) Their is a Pakistani who reminds me that stat every time he finds me! He find it very amusing! His name is Afzal. A Jerk!

From now on I will remind them a Bangladeshi banker who is larger then life bringing hope to millions of people instead of hate.

shujan
December 30, 2006, 01:33 AM
2039.......against Nepal.

All the new comers comes out swinging.... This is the trend I guess. Hipity Hop!

Go Nepal!!!!!

ialbd
December 30, 2006, 01:36 AM
two thousand sth hoilei hoy.... (2xxx)

Thunder
December 30, 2006, 02:03 AM
Considering i have a good predicting capability, i would go for 2015 and against Australia.. Currently we are in a new generation with Nafees, Sakib and Aftab in the team.. Obviously those players will take us into a new height but our Miracle players are yet to come who will be known as international stars like Lara, Sachin etc :saint:

Carte Blanche
December 30, 2006, 08:55 PM
You do realize that we will have to deal with the Chinese any year after 2019?

kalpurush
December 30, 2006, 09:13 PM
You do realize that we will have to deal with the Chinese any year after 2019?

LOL!.....BD-13 would take care of them!!...No worries.:-D

kalpurush
December 30, 2006, 09:20 PM

I love to see India against us in the final! As you said....infront of 80 thousand screaming fans........yah!!...what a feeling!!!
India 134/9 wobbled against our SLA bowlers. Bd in reply 137 in 23rd over for 1.
Nafees 100 in 53 balls. AAbak prithibi....nirbak Bangladesh!:-D

shujan
December 31, 2006, 02:15 AM
I love to see India against us in the final! As you said....infront of 80 thousand screaming fans........yah!!...what a feeling!!!
India 134/9 wobbled against our SLA bowlers. Bd in reply 137 in 23rd over for 1.
Nafees 100 in 53 balls. AAbak prithibi....nirbak Bangladesh!:-D

That would be perfecto! It could happen! Tendulaker, Dravid, Ganguly wont be playing for India by then. :shh:

layperson
December 31, 2006, 02:31 AM
That would be perfecto! It could happen! Tendulaker, Dravid, Ganguly wont be playing for India by then. :shh:

I dont see this happening simply because when those people retire India will have a tougher time getting to the finals. Moreover as BD keeps going up the ladder India will go down. I see Bangladesh ending Australia's supremacy in cricket specially now that younger players will be coming in to replace the warriors of Australian cricket. Somehow I think the newer players of Australia are not as good as the players they will be replacing.

Omio
December 31, 2006, 08:48 AM
May be 3011,
we will be world champion.

shujan
December 31, 2006, 01:35 PM
May be 3011,

It will be a miracle if human being live up to 3011 because of global warming.

By the way: You are such a patriot who wants to rub muktishena corps embedded soil in your forehead and still 3011 is the best you can hope for Bangladesh success. Hasn't it been enough time to take the patriotism of 71 to the next level of hope and aspiration for the future of Bangladeshis. Is it too early to learn from the objective of the sacrifice of Muktishena and be aspired for out best wishes ruther then stabbing despair to tigers back. I am sure you hope and enjoy success of tigers as much as anybody else. Cheers!

kalpurush
December 31, 2006, 06:01 PM
It will be a miracle if human being live up to 3011 because of global warming.

By the way: You are such a patriot who wants to rub muktishena corps embedded soil in your forehead and still 3011 is the best you can hope for Bangladesh success. Hasn't it been enough time to take the patriotism of 71 to the next level of hope and aspiration for the future of Bangladeshis. Is it too early to learn from the objective of the sacrifice of Muktishena and be aspired for out best wishes ruther then stabbing despair to tigers back. I am sure you hope and enjoy success of tigers as much as anybody else. Cheers!

shujan bhai: I think omio didn't mean it! It was just a fun, I believe.:-D
We all know that we don't have to wait that long. By 2015, may be even earlyer we might be able to do it. Though, we have to work very hard to do so. Cheers.

Hatebreed
December 31, 2006, 06:32 PM
Oh btw, I wish the final opponent to be India, Pakistan or Australia... can't decide which! KILL THEM ALL!!

KTA Copyright © SMHasan Corp. 2006

Miraz
December 31, 2006, 06:40 PM

LOL. :-D

Rihaad The Man
January 1, 2007, 01:25 AM
most of us will die by 2040 , ei jibon e aar dekha hoilo nah :)

kalpurush
January 1, 2007, 01:50 PM
most of us will die by 2040 , ei jibon e aar dekha hoilo nah :)

Well, you never know! It might happen sooner than you are thinking!!Aasha puron hotey-o parey...:-D

SMHasan
January 1, 2007, 03:55 PM
KILL THEM ALL!!

Hatebreed man you are trying to be honest but not fully honest :) Next time you use my trademark be careful.

Alien
January 1, 2007, 04:54 PM
May be 3011,

By 3011, Bangladesh will be either

1) Under water due to Global Warming or
2) Torn to pieces by Khaleda-Hasina's descendant's or
3) Keyamoter Din will have arrived earlier and wiped out the entire nation along with the whole universe.

Therefore its highly doubtful that BD will last that long as a nation. Forget about the team and winning WC.

battye
January 1, 2007, 11:26 PM
I'd say 2015 onwards, Bangladesh will start being competitive to Australia, New Zealand, South Africa etc.

Mahir
January 2, 2007, 02:36 AM
there's a two-part answer to this thread : emotional and logical.

Emotional answer would be : 2007, against West Indies, at their home soil. My heart says, BD would drop the stuffin' out of the windies team, put up a mammoth total batting first, and bowl them out cheaply when they come out to bat!

But logically, 2011 WC should be the target. India may as well make it to the finals, playing on home ground. If they bat first, restricting them under 280/300 on a subcontinent's placid pitch wudnt be quite easy. So the Tigers should go on to chase the target down in a clinical batting display. Think about it... still 4+ years to go. Some of our supposed star players should hit their prime by then to become match-winning superstars.

nmhimal
January 2, 2007, 08:48 AM
2011 World Cup??
Oh man.. we still gotta play 2007 first... then 4 more years...
i'll wait for my predictions then....
Yes me too, its too early ......

Tokyobreeze
January 2, 2007, 09:28 AM
2011 will be our year.We will beat India in 2007 WC round league and will keep improving every year with consistence performance until 2011.We will squeeze the juice on 2011 WC final.

It's too early too forecast on players present in that team.But, SN, Aftab, Sakib, Razzaque, Mashrafi will be there.SN will become a mature-fox in terms of captaincy by than.

mac
January 4, 2007, 05:21 AM
Only when we'll get Zim as the opponent of that dream final. Jodi bachi tobe dekhbo!