PDA

View Full Version : Langer Gone

karimjay.
December 31, 2006, 08:34 PM
As anticipated Justin Langer has retired as well with McGrath and Warne. The Sydney Test will be his last and that will be the last time we see him playing cricket as he does not play odi. Here is the article http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ausveng/content/current/story/274608.html

AsifTheManRahman
December 31, 2006, 10:40 PM
hehehe...ekta ekta kore shob retire kortese...good good...we should invite them over for a three-match test series ;)

Bancan
December 31, 2006, 11:24 PM
not him toooo. only couple of aussie players left that i like.
he is a great player. we will miss him

Kabir
December 31, 2006, 11:43 PM
Alhamdulillah. Notun bochor ta bhalo hobe mone hoche :)

battye
January 1, 2007, 01:10 AM
Everyone's going. Sure will be a different Test outfit come this time next year.

Rabz
January 1, 2007, 05:52 AM
Gone one more...
I always liked Langer for his fighting spirit...
Never was in the limelight spot, but he did what he had to do.

Miraz
January 1, 2007, 05:57 AM
I think Aussies can continue their world domination with the new players.

Cosgrove, Johnson, Clarke, Clark, Hussey, Symonds, Hauritz, McGill can still make Aussies world best outfit

BangladeshFan
January 1, 2007, 06:57 AM
yah batting wise they will still remain as strong, bowling wise may be little weaker without warne. i reckon they will still be a strong side and among the top teams, though wont be the sole number one anymore.

Xavier
January 1, 2007, 06:18 PM
I think Aussies can continue their world domination with the new players.

Cosgrove, Johnson, Clarke, Clark, Hussey, Symonds, Hauritz, McGill can still make Aussies world best outfit

I think they will still be N.1 but not so dominant as they were in the last ten years.

This could be Australia Test team in 2007:
1.Jaques
2.Hayden (?)
3*Ponting
4.Hussey
5.Clarke
6.Symonds (Cosgrove?)
7+Gilchrist
8.Lee
9.Johnson
10.Clark
11.MacGill

cheers mate!

Alien
January 1, 2007, 07:09 PM
I'll put Shaun Tait over Mitchell Johnson.

karimjay.
January 1, 2007, 08:43 PM
I'll put Shaun Tait over Mitchell Johnson.

Word. Whats wrong with Bracken though? He's not old, he's a world class ODI bowler and hasnt been given hardly enough opportunity in test. He's played five test matches.

Also, with all these cricketers retiring from the Australian team, do you think Brad Hodge would get an opportunity to shine? I don't think he's any less than Hussey, I've seen him play six innings in test and he's more than impressive. He's a higher middle order batsman so if Hayden retires, Hussey can go up the order and Hodge can take second drop. What do you think?

mhferdaus
January 2, 2007, 03:29 AM
hmm, so the gap between the rest of the world and aussies narrows ... and perhaps they would be overtaken by some other nation(s) soon.