PDA

View Full Version : Willow TV

James90
January 4, 2007, 02:19 AM
Have any of you ever used this product? I just had a look at the India v South Africa series to try see how much the thing costs and I got this message.

"We are sorry. This event is restricted to certain geographic locations.
Our system has determined that you are not connecting from one of the allowed countries."

I sent them a message about it and got this reply.

"Dear Subscriber,

Thank you for your message.

Some events offered on Willow TV may not have world wide rights. We request you to go ahead and make an attempt to purchase the package of your choice; in case the region your are located is not included for a particular event, our servers will determine the same and display the relevant message.

Assuring best of our services. "

So here's my question...have any of you ever been in this situation and if so how do you determine what the appropriate locations are? To those who have previously bought the product, how much does a series usually cost?

Thanks in advance.

sadi
January 4, 2007, 09:11 AM
Willowtv has the best possible quality over the internet as they are the legal internet broadcaster of most of the series. Yes they do have restrications on some series over some locations and usually U.S and Canada are on the receiving end most of the time. They usually say it in the main page like except this and this location. Different series cost different from $6 to even $200. I hope that helps.

babubangla
January 4, 2007, 01:00 PM
So here's my question...have any of you ever been in this situation and if so how do you determine what the appropriate locations are? To those who have previously bought the product, how much does a series usually cost?

Thanks in advance.

Willow TV used to list the eligible locations along with the series name. But I don’t see the location list anywhere on their web at this moment.
Most packages are offered for US, Canada and Caribbean Viewers.
But in the past, I found some events listed for other locations too. And prices charged for viewers outside of North America are often different from that charged for North American Viewers. So, Package prices may vary not only by series, but also by viewer location.

I purchased from willow TV on couple of occasions. Series involving Bangladesh are usually charged anywhere from $19 to $99 depending on the opposition. A Typical Bangladesh Package will cost around $60. One of their comprehensive packages from Direct TV (called Cricket Ticket) used to cost $200 in 2004.

I checked the prices for IND-SA series after reading your post. Since the ODI series is already over-- price for the ODI series is not available any longer. Willow has the following two packages for the IND-SA series at this moment:

US $ 19.95
Premium Package - Live Streaming and Highlights of all 3 Tests (plus highlights of the 5 ODIs and 20-20 game)

US $ 12.95
Video Highlights Pass $12.95 - Interactive and Produced highlights of the India tour of South Africa, available daily post-game. Includes the Willow Interactive Scorecard

I hope this helps.