PDA

View Full Version : Tribute to....

Bancan
January 4, 2007, 04:00 PM
I like to pay my respect to Glenn McGrath, Shane Warne and Justin Langer. They were great cricketers. Though many dislikes them we should never forget what they did for cricket. I would like to wish them the best of luck in their future life.

http://www.theage.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1070351721694_2003/12/04/justin_langer,0.jpghttp://www.tribuneindia.com/2003/20030209/spectrum/shane%20warne.jpg
http://www.hinduonnet.com/tss/tss2828/images/ss282809.jpg

Tigers_eye
January 4, 2007, 04:56 PM
Me too.

Thank you for so many good memories.

Specially McGrath, and wish her wife (had cancer threatment) a healthy long life.

gatekeeper
January 4, 2007, 05:51 PM
Farwell. We'll miss you.

Bancan
January 4, 2007, 08:42 PM
cmon guys. u can at least say a good bye even if u dont like them.

Kabir
January 4, 2007, 09:14 PM
Ok Bancan...

I wish McGrath and Langer all the best in future. And I wish Warne all the best in his second innigns with a repetition of his maiden double ton (:shh:).

Goodbye great players (here you go Bancan)...but sorry, will only miss Langer :)

AsifTheManRahman
January 4, 2007, 09:19 PM
even with a test average of 45, langer seems to be drawing less attention than warne and mcgrath - you can only imagine the greatness of these two. looks like an era has come to its end.

karimjay.
January 5, 2007, 12:22 AM
No idea why anyone would dislike McGrath. It's true whats written in cricinfo, Warne is more famous than he is loved. But world cricket will dearly miss these two. As for Langer, I was always indifferent with him, he's one of the batsman that score runs under the radar. He'll be missed too.

Ahmed_B
January 5, 2007, 01:04 AM
Hats off to all three of them..

Glenn and Langer.... my two personal favorites. Warne... well... great bowler with an edgy personality. :)

gatekeeper
January 5, 2007, 01:27 AM
Warne... well... great bowler with an edgy personality. :)

You need that though, don't you. In cricket and in life.......without these characters life would be boring.

israr
January 5, 2007, 09:51 AM
Goodbye all, and goodbye to Australia's dominance.

gatekeeper
January 5, 2007, 10:54 AM
.......and goodbye to Australia's dominance.

I'm not too sure about that. If you consider the Australian team to be in transition after these guys leave then look at all the other teams in the world. All of them are going thru some kind of change/turmoil/transition.

karimjay.
January 5, 2007, 10:03 PM
Well I think we can say goodbye to Australias' undisputed dominance. Now Australia will move closer to the rest of the teams ratings.

Simdog83
January 5, 2007, 10:44 PM
Australia will still be hard to beat. An Australia B team would probably still beat most nearly all teams in the world at the moment.

gatekeeper
January 6, 2007, 01:10 AM
Australia will still be hard to beat. An Australia B team would probably still beat most nearly all teams in the world at the moment.

I wouldn't go that far but I agree with you, the Aussie will still domiante in the forseeable future.

Hatebreed
January 6, 2007, 07:50 AM
Farewell Warne, McGrath and Langer, have a good life. Even though Langer is the only one I'll miss. He's such an underrated player and deserves more respect. Australia may be still very hard to beat, but without their two main bowlers opens a rare window of opportunity.

Rabz
January 7, 2007, 05:23 AM
Farewell indeed to the legends of the game..
World cricket would miss them immensely...

Players like Warne are born once in a lifetime, and we are fortunate enough to see him in ours...

Hats off to them.