PDA

View Full Version : Help with Bangladesh Cricket Stamp

nazimm
January 12, 2007, 12:28 AM
Hello all. My name is Nazim. I'm an amateur collector of cricket memorabilia. I have recently been deploying a new website of my collection www.nazimcricket.com and I need help in tracking down an image of a Bangladeshi cricket stamp sheet issued in 1999

If anyone on this forum is able to help with this, please let me know.

Cheers.

Kabir
January 12, 2007, 12:51 AM
Welcome to BC Mr. Nazim.

Althought I don't have any help to offer, but I just wanted to say a few words about your site. I loved the collection you've put up on your site, simply amazing. Just a suggestion: change the color of the top and left blocks. It's irritating to the eye. Otherwise, great collection.

kalpurush
January 12, 2007, 12:58 AM
Simply great! Way to go Nazim bhai!! And welcome to BC!!!:-D

nazimm
January 12, 2007, 02:23 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I'm open to suggestions on the colour Kabir. My previous site was a pale green, so I wanted to stay away from that tone. I've tried a few combinations and nothing is quite as I want it. Problem is that my monitor displays nice crisp colours, so it's hard for me to judge what will look well to others. I'm using stylesheets, so changing is not a big deal. I just need some good ideas. One limitation is that I do not wish to change the black writing on my top banner. Whatever colour I choose needs to go well with black.

bdbazar_com
January 12, 2007, 02:45 AM
really nice site.

billah
January 12, 2007, 04:46 AM
Neat site. Thanks for sharing. I'll try to find one of those for you.

Hatebreed
January 12, 2007, 04:53 AM
Nice collection Nazim, keep it up.

As for your site, I agree with Kabir. The banner and navigation looks annoying. Change it to something soft. Also change the white background to light grey for better contrast.

nazimm
January 12, 2007, 05:24 AM
Thanks guys. Once again, I'm open to suggestions on colours. Anyone know of a nice softer blue I can use? The one I'm currently using is called lightsteelblue.

Hatebreed
January 12, 2007, 05:32 AM
Thanks guys. Once again, I'm open to suggestions on colours. Anyone know of a nice softer blue I can use? The one I'm currently using is called lightsteelblue.

How about a pale, sky blue? Also, try offering your visitors a choice of colour schemes. Here is a neat stylesheet selector (http://www.webligo.com/products_styles.php)(free)

nazimm
January 12, 2007, 07:48 AM
I tried pale and sky blues, but they didn't look too good in large quantities. The stylesheet selector is a great idea, though I'm having trouble enough settling on one colour scheme, let alone choosing multiples for my users. I think I'll stick to one scheme, though what this will be is yet to be finalised. I'll test out a few colours at www.nazimcricket.com/test.php and see which one works.

Hatebreed
January 12, 2007, 09:56 AM
That one looks better than the one before. You can also try these: #C2C287, #82A3BD, #6AAAD0

Good luck.

nazimm
January 12, 2007, 10:56 AM
I like #C2C287, but for now I've decided to stick with the new colour scheme I've chosen, which to me is somewhere in between the colour I had on my original site (you can follow the link from the new site) and the blue I was using. Later on I might use the stylesheet selector you suggested and put in a few choices.

Now back to the main task. I still have about 20+ stamps to find images of as they aren't in my collection. I also have dozens of cricket bats, items of clothing and hundreds of collectable player cards to scan in. I sure have my work cut out for me, but this is something I've been meaning to do for years, so I'd better get on with it while I still have the motivation.

At times it seems like a silly thing to do, as not many people care what others have in their collection, but it's a good way I suppose of sharing an interest with people who are into this sort of thing.

Thanks again to all your input. Let me know if you absolutely hate the new colours and I'll come back to it later on. In the meantime, if any of you come across an image of the 1999 Bangladesh stamp sheet, please let me know.

By the way, you might have noticed, I don't have any autographs from the Bangladeshi Cricketers. This is not from a lack of trying. I wrote to them a few times asking for an autograph sheet, but go no response. Oh well, maybe something will turn up eventually!!

nazimm
January 25, 2007, 08:00 PM
I have found the image I was looking for. Now all I need to do is find the item to add to my collection, but that is my problem. Thanks everyone on the forum who offered assistance and advice on my website. Much appreciated.

nazimm
January 14, 2008, 06:55 AM
I was just going through a list of cricket stamps I'm after for my collection when I remembered the amount of help and feedback I had received from you guys at the inception of my new website. Well, it has come a long way since those days ... check it out www.nazimcricket.com Oh, and anyone with contacts in Bangladesh who can assist me in purchasing the required stamps would be most appreciated!!

Rabz
January 14, 2008, 09:47 AM
Nice collection mate.

Keep it up.

nazimm
January 17, 2008, 03:12 AM
Thanks Rabz :)

arifur81
January 17, 2008, 06:42 AM
Very nice and organised site but I have question for you, Are you a Bangladeshi brother? If yes than why so late on collection of you own mother lands team.

I must congrats you and thank you for sharing the site with us.

nazimm
January 17, 2008, 06:46 PM
Very nice and organised site but I have question for you, Are you a Bangladeshi brother? If yes than why so late on collection of you own mother lands team.

I must congrats you and thank you for sharing the site with us.

Thank you for your kind compliments.

:) Sadly, no I'm not Bangladeshi. Born in Africa to Indian parents, grew up in Australia and spent several years in Pakistan. However, I do not discriminate against teams. Believe me, I have written to the Bangla Tigers a few times requesting autograph sheets to kick off the collection, without success. So, basically I'm now focusing on at least obtaining the various cricket related stamps issued by Bangladesh Post.

The day I receive any Bangladeshi cricket autographs, I will adjust my website to include it without question :flag:

Nocturnal
January 17, 2008, 07:48 PM
Nice work nazim.

nazimm
January 17, 2008, 08:03 PM
Nice work nazim.

Thank you Nocturnal. It's definitely a labour of love my friend :)

BanCricFan
January 17, 2008, 08:20 PM
Any fan of cricket is a friend of mine. Welcome to BC, Nazim bhai!

Nice collections and wish you all the best with regards to Bangladesh cricket stamps and autographs! I used to be an avid stamp collector myself in my childhood. So I can somewhat relate to your passion. :)

nazimm
January 17, 2008, 10:16 PM
Any fan of cricket is a friend of mine. Welcome to BC, Nazim bhai!

Nice collections and wish you all the best with regards to Bangladesh cricket stamps and autographs! I used to be an avid stamp collector myself in my childhood. So I can somewhat relate to your passion. :)

Thank you sir.

I've gotta say, I have spent time on a few cricket forums and have met some nice people, but in terms of positive feedback on my cricket site and input etc, you guys absolutely rock!! Thanks very much indeed.