PDA

View Full Version : Banglacricket members in 2006 : A mini instant alphabet soup

Miraz
January 13, 2007, 08:26 AM
We, the members have enjoyed Banglacricket in 2006 to our hearts content.

Now friends, here is an instant alphabetical soup about Banglacricket and members. The chef is very amateur and this is his first soup. This is an open source recipe, any member can make contributions to make it more delicious.

No offense intended. :)

A : A is for Arnab - for his critical analysis about Indo-Bangla relationship. A is also for al Furqaan - for his articles, joined the cabinet in 2006.

B : B is for babubangla - first time father and for his occasional masterpieces. B is also for billah - for his brilliant piece on Mirpur Stadium.

C : C stands for chinaman. No explanation required :). C is also for Carte Blanche - for his presence and small fight with Shafin :). Another C is Chemosit, die hard Kenyan fan who writes a blog about Kenya Cricket (courtesy - bdcricmad).

D : D is for Donny - for his brief but eventful presence in Banglacricket (during aussie tour). D is also for Duck_pion - for finally getting his nick back. :)

E: E is for Ehasn - uncontested winner :)

F : F is for Fazal - for his endless faizlami and serious political posts.

G : G is for get together. First ever BC UK get together was followed by BC canada get together. There were plenty of fun in both the get together. Another one in Birmingham, UK is on 20th January 2007.

H : H is for Hatebreed - for his Banglacricket toolbar, also joined the cabinet in 2006.

I : I is for ilz - for his/her brief but heated presence in Banglacricket (during Zim away series). I is also for Ian Whitchurch - the "blindest" fan of bangladesh cricket in OZ land (courtsey, ATMR :) )

J : J is for James90 - for his initiative to organize simulation cricket.

K : K is for Kabir. One of the best debutant and joined cabinet within months of joining Banglacricket. K is also for Kamini - for her 'Dada' kahini. K is also for Kalpurush for all his grins :-D

L : L is for latecut - for his Lungi and Punjabi proposal for BD national team.

M : M is for Mahmood - for his minimal moderation with maximum presence. M is also for Mahir aka Masterblaster - for calming down and joining cabinet in 2006.

N : N is for Nasif - for all his contributions and finding innovative way to stick with Ash avatar :). Another first time father.

O : O is for Omio - for his occasional literary works and admission about female fans. Joined the cabinet in 2006. O is also for oracle - for taking initiative to watch Bangladesh in World Cup Cricket 2007.

P : P is for Pagol_Chagol - for his must read series and the warning he received from chinaman while trying to imitate babubangla with some fake news :). P is also for Pilot_fan - for omitting Pilot from preferred Bangladesh squad.

Q : Q is for questionnaire, the one chinaman posted to assess members political sanity.

R : R is for reverse_swing - for his presence and opening unconventional threads and not getting enough reply. R is also for Rubu for his famous knee jerk thread 'Was Mashrafee bribed?' :)

S : S is for shahriyar - for his persistent and passionate fight with different Mods in diffferent issues. S is also for Sadi - for his prolific posting in 2006. S is also for SS - for his positive posts after joining cabinet. There is another S, Shamz - for showing his innovative ideas about opening threads. :) . Members added some spices :). Another S is Spitfire_x86, who is highly vocal in BC with his criticism despite Tigers' good performance against the minnows!!! (courtesy : Sam). And one more,
Another S is Sydney...I love optimism and use of logic in his posts (courtsey : Tokyobreeze).

T : T is Tigers_eye - for his unconventional transformation from Cats_eye. T is also for TheWatcher - for his informative posts. Joined the cabinet in 2006. T for Tehsin and Thanks for not being here (Courtesy : Zunaid Bhai)

U : U is for upgrade. Forum upgradation to vBulletin.

V : V is for Vladmamu - for his brief comeback after long exile.

W : W is for warlock. No apparent reason.

X : X is for Xavier - for his dedication in supporting Bangladesh despite being a non Bangladeshi.

Y : Y is for Yaseer - for his optimistic thoughts about Bangladesh cricket and specially Ashraful :)

Z : Z is for Zunaid - for his passionate contributions, quickest recovery and conquering illness.

Hatebreed
January 13, 2007, 09:08 AM
Miraz bhai, this is brilliant. I'm honoured to have added my own flavour.

I like how you skipped Chinaman quickly - "No explanation required" ;)

israr
January 13, 2007, 09:31 AM
Hey man, that's really cool.

abdulw11
January 13, 2007, 09:57 AM
I : I is for ilz - for his brief but heated presence in Banglacricket (during Zim away series).

Nice piece. But wasn't ilz a girl? :confused:

Miraz
January 13, 2007, 10:05 AM
Nice piece. But wasn't ilz a girl? :confused:

not sure!!, may be!!

He/she had a girls picture in avatar.

AsifTheManRahman
January 13, 2007, 11:22 AM
isn't kamini a woman too?

Tokyobreeze
January 13, 2007, 11:50 AM
Good One...Quite enlightening...Sheds some light on the prominent members of BC family.

Omio
January 13, 2007, 11:52 AM
Miraz vai u r really one of the best writer in BC,,
I like the explanation of L- lungi pangabi for BD jersy...lol

Omio
January 13, 2007, 11:54 AM
X : X is for Xavier - for his dedication in supporting Bangladesh despite being a non Bangladeshi.
Where he from?
I didnt even know that.

Miraz
January 13, 2007, 11:56 AM
Good One...Quite enlightening...Sheds some light on the prominent members of BC family.

Thanks for commenting.

To be frank, that's not the intention of the write up. Many renowned and distinguished members name are missing in the post.
Its all about some happenings in 2006 and to have some fun.

Miraz
January 13, 2007, 11:59 AM
Where he from?
I didnt even know that.

Xavier is from Rome, Italy.

He has got the signature 'new-cricket-addict-foreigner-supporting-bangladesh' :)

Omio
January 13, 2007, 01:13 PM
Xavier is from Rome, Italy.

He has got the signature 'new-cricket-addict-foreigner-supporting-bangladesh' :)
woow,I just wonder some one from Italy got interest of cricket..

israr
January 13, 2007, 01:32 PM
woow,I just wonder some one from Italy got interest of cricket..

Even I was surprised to know that when I first elicited him about his identity.

israr
January 13, 2007, 01:33 PM
And yes, ilz was a Zimbabwean girl who stayed here only duing BD's tour to Zim.

Miraz
January 13, 2007, 03:53 PM
Well, Dear Mods, I want to change the title of the thread to

'Banglacricket members in 2006 : a mini instant alphabet soup'

TheWatcher
January 13, 2007, 04:11 PM
I : I is for ilz - for his/her brief but heated presence in Banglacricket (during Zim away series).

I sincerly hope she had not killed herself after Zim's seven defeats in a row against Bangladesh.

layperson
January 13, 2007, 04:19 PM
Miraz bhai you see me as a rebel only !! Nah I need to uplift my image in BC. Thanks for considering my name in the soup. I usually have no problem with authority but I am kind of stubborn in sticking to what I believe in is right.

But a great piece nonetheless. I think you should also put M for Miraz for becoming a cricket legend in one year among other contributions. Apnar post count is amost 4000 and you have joined at around the same time as me !!! Shows how much more you post and contribute. Is this the record number fo posts by a poster in one year?

Zunaid
January 13, 2007, 04:30 PM
Well, Dear Mods, I want to change the title of the thread to

'Banglacricket members in 2006 : a mini instant alphabet soup'

Done.

Carte Blanche
January 13, 2007, 04:31 PM
M is for Miraz: for his continued contribution and fine articles. Next year we'll include that in the yearly soup. :)

Miraz
January 13, 2007, 06:01 PM
I sincerly hope she had not killed herself after Zim's seven defeats in a row against Bangladesh.

One thing is for sure, she is not coming back to BC in anytime soon :)

Hatebreed
January 13, 2007, 07:16 PM

Would 11 be enough? :smug::flag:

Miraz
January 13, 2007, 07:38 PM
Here's two great :) posts by ilz, the first one was a thread title :)

If i were Bangladeshi, i would kill myself
<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->phew!! thank God, i am Zimbabwean.

congratulations Zimbabwe!
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

why would i kill myself for a 2nd string side loss against a top notch Sri Lankan outfit?

i promise to kill myself if any Zimbabwean side is bowled out for 35 by Bangladesh.

Farhad
January 13, 2007, 09:46 PM
35?!?!?Thats a bit too low....Shes probably still alive....We'll see after Feb 11th

Kabir
January 14, 2007, 12:54 AM
How can I appreciate Miraz bhai's innovative ideas enough...I don't know. But honestly, a great idea for passing the lazy days when there's no BD international cricket.

But honestly, you've missed out M for Miraz...coz along with Mahmood bhai and MasterBlaster, you're the most notable member of 2006. And yes, I'm a thousand miles away from being the best debutant, coz you should hold that spot. I don't know of anybody on BC who wouldn't agree with me on this.

I would also like to add S for Shafin (for his ever-lasting enthusiastic about BD cricket) and Spitty (for his ever-lasting criticism of BD players), B for Beamer (for his convincing and unbeatable cricketing knowledge), and I for Imtiaz (for his unbeatable contributions in BD pics). And of course, we're missing a good many.

Tokyobreeze
January 14, 2007, 01:45 AM
Another S is Sydney...I love optimism and use of logic in his posts..Surely a mini soup will have difficulty to include all the active contributors, I reckon.

And, thanks Miraz bhai once again for continuing the good work.You have omitted your name in M generously, but without it the soup is missing the most important ingredient - 'Salt'.

We certainly hope you will have many more writings to refresh our days.

Miraz
January 14, 2007, 07:03 PM
35?!?!?Thats a bit too low....Shes probably still alive....We'll see after Feb 11th

I don't think she will visit BC again unless we do something similar to last Zim away series which I doubt. :)

AsifTheManRahman
January 14, 2007, 07:25 PM
I for Ian Whitchurch, the "blindest" fan of bangladesh cricket in OZ land ("blinder" than even most Bangladeshis down under), for his continued support for and optimism surrounding the Bangladesh cricket team. :)

Miraz
January 15, 2007, 05:40 PM
I for Ian Whitchurch, the "blindest" fan of bangladesh cricket in OZ land ("blinder" than even most Bangladeshis down under), for his continued support for and optimism surrounding the Bangladesh cricket team. :)

ATMR, Ian's unique presence will add some spices in the soup. :)

Added. :)

Mahir
January 15, 2007, 05:54 PM
How could you leave yourself out, Miraz bhai ? I whole-heartedly appreciate that you found some place to put my name in the soup, but I am highly undeserving of such honour. In 2006, M was for Miraz, without a doubt, and that should be the name to grace the 13th letter of English alphabet for some time to come, along with one heart-n-soul of BC, Mahmood bhai.

Miraz
January 17, 2007, 12:46 PM
As for the soup, I had to change from Cats_eye to Tigers_eye. No way I could compete with Chinaman year-in year-out under the C bannar.

Point noted. :)

To avoid Mahmood bhai, I am now actively thinking to change my nick with somthing starting with Q. That will ensure places in next years alphabet soup :-D

Sam
January 17, 2007, 01:15 PM
Miraz Bhai, how could you forget S: S is for spitfire_x86, who is highly vocal in BC with his criticism despite Tigers' good performance against the minnows!!!

Miraz
January 17, 2007, 01:57 PM
Miraz Bhai, how could you forget S: S is for spitfire_x86, who is highly vocal in BC with his criticism despite Tigers' good performance against the minnows!!!

Another S is Sydney...I love optimism and use of logic in his posts

That's why I mentioned in the soup

This is an open source recipe, any member can make contributions to make it more delicious.

Spitfire_x86 and Sydney added :)

WOW!! too many nominations with S and Tokyo is nominating Sydney :smug:

Mohiul
January 17, 2007, 02:28 PM
Miraz bhai, have forgotten Chemosit, one Kenyan cricket fan popped in BC during BD-Ken 2006 series? If yes, then I'd like to request you to include him in the soup.

And one more name, i.e. Miraz, I'd like to recommend you, because you didn't include your name in the soup(well-justified) as it won't be nice to put your name by yourself.

Miraz
January 17, 2007, 04:28 PM
Miraz bhai, have forgotten Chemosit, one Kenyan cricket fan popped in BC during BD-Ken 2006 series? If yes, then I'd like to request you to include him in the soup.

Thanks bdcricmad for reminding chemosit. I agree he deserves to be there as one of the most sound foreign member. So, Chinaman gets one company in the soup, Chemosit :)

I want to add another member K for Kalpurush for all his grins :-D

Carte Blanche
January 17, 2007, 05:24 PM
May be you can add that female Zimbo supporter who disappeared after supposedly winning "the battle". Whatever happened to her, I wonder.

Miraz
January 17, 2007, 05:29 PM
May be you can add that female Zimbo supporter who disappeared after supposedly winning "the battle". Whatever happened to her, I wonder.

Carte Blanche, How could I miss her? She is already there ..

I : I is for ilz - for her brief but heated presence in Banglacricket (during Zim away series).

And some discusions..

Originally Posted by TheWatcher

You missed it man :smug:

Carte Blanche
January 17, 2007, 05:31 PM
Sorry, my mistake :blush:

Rabz
January 17, 2007, 08:23 PM
Tokyobreeze bhai...asen..apnare ekta chuma dei....
kon gale dibo?? dan naki baam gale???

And the mention of soup and all this talks is making me hungry now...
soup....hmm....
reminds me of the thai soup we used to have back in BD in the chinese restaurants...
those shady-neon-lights-cant-see-food-cant-see-people... chinese restaurant where you have a curry style chinese or rather i should say "bangnese" style foods...

good ol days of dhaka....

Kabir
January 17, 2007, 08:54 PM

Shabdhane...Tokyobreeze bhai khub norom prokitir manush kintu ;)

cricket_dorshok
January 18, 2007, 10:57 AM
My God! What happened to Sorry! Whats wrong with Miraz's minisoup idea? Its not at all stolen idea dear. If you studied in Bangladesh, you might have noticed that even in the school/college, at the end of the year some friends serectly work on giving sarcastic title (related to their special characteristics )to each and individual friend and publish them in a huge poster on the new year. I think Miraz did the similar thing.
On the second note, Miraz deserves to be praised for his contribution to BC over the year and 'chamca' is not a civilized word.

Kabir
January 18, 2007, 11:32 AM
On the second note, Miraz deserves to be praised for his contribution to BC over the year and 'chamca' is not a civilized word.

Thanks cricket_dorshok. To add on that, the reason he has been called a scholar is because he is one. I don't think it's new to anybody about his educational qualifications. Same goes with Dr. Z. And I'm sure there are quite a few other people on BC who deserve to be called scholars...and if anyone doesn't like hearing that, it's too bad.

Tokyobreeze
January 18, 2007, 10:03 PM

And the mention of soup and all this talks is making me hungry now...
soup....hmm....
reminds me of the thai soup we used to have back in BD in the chinese restaurants...
those shady-neon-lights-cant-see-food-cant-see-people... chinese restaurant where you have a curry style chinese or rather i should say "bangnese" style foods...

good ol days of dhaka....

:p:p:p

I was merely mentioning my opinion Sydney Bhai.It's been a fabulous experience to be in BC and I just happened to like your posts.

Despited the heat that surfaced recently in this thread, I am sure we all do love this place and inspite of all of our differences in opinions we surely do love BD cricket.So, toast to BD cricket and lets go forward.

Zunaid
January 20, 2007, 10:39 AM
Note: This thread had a number of posts that violated forum guidelines with respect to maintaining civility and refraining from ad hominem attacks. I have now excised them to allow this thread to move on smoothly.

Remember this is a moderated forum and as such at certain points we do step in and act. We try to do this in a fair and balanced way. Sometimes we succeed. Sometime we fail. However, rather than exacerbate the situation do send some mod/admin a PM and saner heads prevail. Therein lies the beauty of numbers.

Going back to this topic. We have had various kinds of offensive accusations as well as some harsh words spoken in retaliation. About the latter, no matter the provocation, I do urge you all to not throw further fuel to the fire. Remember - would you say what you wrote to the person in person?

We are taking appropriate measures regarding the events that have transpired.

Now. I do seriously ask you all to consider my words. I have been very restrained for now.

I will deal with further noise with extreme harshness.

Miraz
January 20, 2007, 04:50 PM
T for Tehsin and Thanks for not being here (Courtesy : Zunaid Bhai referring to his absence in 2006)

Mistake corrected and Tehsin bhai added :)

Xavier
January 20, 2007, 06:37 PM

Glad that I'm the only user with a nickname starting by "X"... so I got named!:)

Thanks for good words.. waiting for a great cricketing year for Bangladesh!:up:

Miraz
January 21, 2007, 10:26 AM
I is also for Ian Whitchurch - the "blindest" fan of bangladesh cricket in OZ land (courtsey, ATMR :) )

While going through the article section of Banglacricket, the following paragraph caught my attention. IMO, it gives the best description of Bangladesh cricket.

Bangladesh are an inconsistent side, and if you take it easy against them they can beat you, and if they're on their day they can beat you, because Bashar can bat a bit, and that Ashraful kid can destroy you, and that Nafees kid has talent, and that Aftab kid has talent, and the tail can wag, and Mashud's a good keeper-batsman, and Mashrafe and Rafique were both useful, and that Shahadat kid can rip through the top of the order and that Haque Jr kid can bowl you out on the right sort of pitch.

Ian wrote these words in July 2005. In 2007 almost everything remain true with minor addition

Sakib kid can bat and bowl a bit, Razzak knows how to bowl in ODI and Mushfiq kid seems to be a good wicket keeper batsman

BanglaCool
January 21, 2007, 04:45 PM
She knows how to survive, unlike the poor zimbabwean side. :)
Here's two great :) posts by ilz, the first one was a thread title :)
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px outset; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff 1px outset; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff 1px outset; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 1px outset">Originally Posted by ilz
why would i kill myself for a 2nd string side loss against a top notch Sri Lankan outfit?

i promise to kill myself if any Zimbabwean side is bowled out for 35 by Bangladesh.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->