PDA

View Full Version : India to Visit BD in may 2007 !

Umar
January 13, 2007, 10:38 AM
The Bangladesh Cricket Control Board will henceforth be known as the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB). This was decided by the Bangladesh government and announced in a gazette notification. The amendment was made under Section 20 of the National Sports Council Act, 1974.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has, meanwhile, verbally accepted the schedule sent by the BCB for the tour to Bangladesh in May 2007. The BCB is now awaiting official confirmation from the BCCI. This was revealed at the BCB's executive committee meeting today. According to the schedule the Indian team is expected to arrive in Bangladesh on 07 May, 2007 to play three ODIs and two Tests, in that order.
The meeting moreover approved the schedule for the visiting Sri Lanka and Pakistan academy teams to Bangladesh in April-May 2007. Ali Asif Khan was appointed as the national team operations manager for the tour of Zimbabwe this year.
The committee also decided to restore the High Performance programme with a view to coordinate domestic leagues at district and divisional levels, apart from focussing on overall cricket development.
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/276356.html

....Well if india keeps their word (hardly they do) then we hope to watch some action there ! but i would rather wait till india comes in BD and then believe that india is going to play against BD ! I hope they are not scared ! Guys i think....we should inspire india to play against BD. they shouldn't be scared!

kalpurush
January 13, 2007, 11:21 AM
....Well if india keeps their word (hardly they do) then we hope to watch some action there ! but i would rather wait till india comes in BD and then believe that india is going to play against BD ! I hope they are not scared ! Guys i think....we should inspire india to play against BD. they shouldn't be scared!

With "Dada's" inclusion in the ODI squad of India, it won't be that easy to hunt down them! Dadar "giringi" or "patch" samlano khub kothin je!! Lets hope for the best though.:-D

al Furqaan
January 13, 2007, 11:49 AM
they should add a test or 2 ODIs to that schedule

Miraz
January 13, 2007, 12:09 PM
Ali Asif Khan was appointed as the national team operations manager for the tour of Zimbabwe this year.

Does anyone have any idea about the identity of this person?

israr
January 13, 2007, 01:36 PM

Not again; only two tests and three odis?!

Omio
January 13, 2007, 02:09 PM
As far I know , India didnt confrim formaly,
It was just oral confirmation.
if they play well in WC then they may change their poor mind.

oracle
January 13, 2007, 08:10 PM
long awaited series. But sadly still no concrete steps to arrange BD's tour to India.

Umar
January 13, 2007, 09:28 PM
With "Dada's" inclusion in the ODI squad of India, it won't be that easy to hunt down them! Dadar "giringi" or "patch" samlano khub kothin je!! Lets hope for the best though.:-D

LOL..Nice inspiration! now i think BCCI should read this comment ! for sure they will be inspired :P

AsifTheManRahman
January 13, 2007, 09:38 PM
As far I know , India didnt confrim formaly,
It was just oral confirmation.
if they play well in WC then they may change their poor mind.

so now you know what we have to do in the world cup to make sure they don't change their mind;)

Shafin
January 13, 2007, 11:35 PM
so now you know what we have to do in the world cup to make sure they don't change their mind;)
To get Defeated by them :)

Kabir
January 14, 2007, 02:41 AM
I wouldn't believe that they're coming until they arrive AND are in the field. Omio's speculation about their "poor mind" makes me think very poorly about their "poor promises" the way they fail to materialize most of them.

layperson
January 14, 2007, 04:06 AM
I wouldn't believe that they're coming until they arrive AND are in the field. Omio's speculation about their "poor mind" makes me think very poorly about their "poor promises" the way they fail to materialize most of them.

My thoughts exactly. Plus I am not at all bothered whether India comes to tour us or not as long as BD has enough test matches against different teams to play in a calendar year unlike last year. Once we start climbing the ladder they will come to us asking for matches. Thats the way the world works.

gunda
January 14, 2007, 02:08 PM
at last bangladesh finds a worthy opponent to play against..
atleast they'll get some real training instead of playing against
zimbabwe.
good luck hope its not a witewash.:-D

bdbazar_com
January 14, 2007, 02:52 PM

I think ICC told ev1 or there are some rules that Bd cant play more then 2 tests.. I cant recall

Kamini
January 14, 2007, 05:02 PM
http://www.cricketnext.com/news/india-to-tour-bangladesh-in-may/22747-13.html

I am predicting a complete whitewash for BD.
You don't have to be an astrologer to do that.

Kamini.:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Hatebreed
January 14, 2007, 05:32 PM
No, you have to be very arrogant to do that.

Imteaz
January 15, 2007, 12:22 AM
WC Performance will Affect the Performance of Both of the Team, If The Series Occur. Hope Bangladesh will Perform Well in WC and Become Fired to Face India.

Good Luck.

Tintin
January 15, 2007, 01:26 AM
The cricketers will have to earn their money the very hard way. The temperature will be in the high 40s in April and May. It is extremely uncomfortable even to drive a bike in that weather. It is insane to make the players stand in the sun for six hours a day, five days in a row.

India has never hosted a Test match between April and September.

PoorFan
January 15, 2007, 01:27 AM

<!--StartFragment -->Yeah, You don't have to be a BD to be whitewashed all the time.

PoorFan
January 15, 2007, 01:33 AM
The cricketers will have to earn their money the very hard way. The temperature will be in the high 40s in April and May. It is extremely uncomfortable even to drive a bike in that weather. It is insane to make the players stand in the sun for six hours a day, five days in a row.

India has never hosted a Test match between April and September.
<!--StartFragment -->Yeah, it will extremely hard for both of the team, it's around 30 to 35 in Bangladesh ( Dhaka ) in May, with some rain sometime.

kalpurush
January 15, 2007, 02:32 AM
My thoughts exactly. Plus I am not at all bothered whether India comes to tour us or not as long as BD has enough test matches against different teams to play in a calendar year unlike last year. Once we start climbing the ladder they will come to us asking for matches. Thats the way the world works.

Ditto:up:

kalpurush
January 15, 2007, 02:37 AM

I know! That's why I am a customer!!
Afa, thikanada konto dehi....ufner dukan da Gulistaner koon futpatey?;)

kalpurush
January 15, 2007, 02:47 AM

India has to play their best to avoid a whitewash though!;)

billah
January 15, 2007, 02:55 AM
atleast they'll get some real training instead of playing against
zimbabwe.

Yup. India will have to play their best to avoid one.

What with the lineup like Tendu, Veeru, Irfuuu..oh and Chappel - the list reads like: flop flop floppity flop flop flop......No wonder they have been carefully avoiding playing us.

Kabir
January 15, 2007, 09:53 AM
What with the lineup like Tendu, Veeru, Irfuuu..oh and Chappel - the list reads like: flop flop floppity flop flop flop......No wonder they have been carefully avoiding playing us.

Good one billah bhai. :up:

kalpurush
January 15, 2007, 10:25 AM
Yup. India will have to play their best to avoid one.

What with the lineup like Tendu, Veeru, Irfuuu..oh and Chappel - the list reads like: flop flop floppity flop flop flop......

.....then fot...fot... fotas!!!;) :lol:

cricketboy
January 15, 2007, 12:36 PM
India did visit us last few time, it is now time we take a tour of India and BCB should try to arrange it, but I think problem is India doesnt want to host Bangladesh. If Bangladesh plays in Eden Gardens many Bangladeshis may well be seen in stands and not so Indian home advantage. :)

Umar
January 15, 2007, 02:25 PM
watching BD playing games against Keniya and zim in a complete year of 2006 made me enough bored and annoyed! I want bigger fishes as our opponent ! No metter we win or lose..Losing is a part of the game too ! icc should Know that in their empty head !

pagol-chagol
January 15, 2007, 03:02 PM

Not really. After this world cup India will be called one of the minnows anyway. Ashraful will say, Sakib, Mehrab and SN's runs were scored against teams like Zimbabwe, Kenya and India.

shujan
January 15, 2007, 03:19 PM
India did visit us last few time, it is now time we take a tour of India and BCB should try to arrange it, but I think problem is India doesnt want to host Bangladesh. If Bangladesh plays in Eden Gardens many Bangladeshis may well be seen in stands and not so Indian home advantage. :)

If India does not arrange a series with Bangladesh in India then BCB should not support Sahrod Pawar as ICC president. Mani(Pakistani) ICC president screwed Bangladesh up in schedule. BCB should not follow subcontinent blindly. BCB should learn how to get advantage for their vote. This is the part of the game. Without BCB vote their is no way Sharod Pawar become ICC president.

al Furqaan
January 15, 2007, 03:35 PM
the BBC says that BCCI are indeed planning to host us...and Tintin has noted, that the weather will be extremely hot at that time.

FaridpurChicago
January 15, 2007, 03:38 PM
If India does not arrange a series with Bangladesh in India then BCB should not support Sahrod Pawar as ICC president. Mani(Pakistani) ICC president screwed Bangladesh up in schedule. BCB should not follow subcontinent blindly. BCB should learn how to get advantage for their vote. This is the part of the game. Without BCB vote their is no way Sharod Pawar become ICC president.

I agree with you. BCB should vote Sharod Pawar with some predefined agreement, Otherwise no vote. It should be 'give and take' business.

kalpurush
January 16, 2007, 12:03 AM

Ditto!:up:
I think that's why...( to get the vote for Mr. Power...I mean Pawar, as ICC President) India has verbaly agreed to play in Bangladesh!! Just like before....."mula"... jhuliyeche erki!!!:mad:

Kabir
January 16, 2007, 12:25 AM
Ditto!:up:
I think that's why...( to get the vote for Mr. Power...I mean Pawar, as ICC President) India has verbaly agreed to play in Bangladesh!! Just like before....."mula"... jhuliyeche erki!!!:mad:

Ebong amader najuk BCB mulo dhorar jonno oder pichu pichu chute choleche. Tai to bollum, ora maath e na nama porjonto ami ekkebarei bishash korte parchi na eishob obishash-joggo manush gulo ke.

Umar
January 16, 2007, 11:21 AM
bhaijanera..comment kortesen tik-e kintu aktu kheyal raikhen ! Fine hoteo pare ! as those ashraful and Aftab and mashud got screwed !

Tigers_eye
January 16, 2007, 11:44 AM
Can't, no time. We visit SL in two weeks after the Indian tour. There is a Afro-asia scheduled in between.

bdbazar_com has mentioned ICC regulating other countries for a 2 test series??? Any source please?? I don't think there is any regulation like that. They can't.

al Furqaan
January 16, 2007, 12:11 PM
Can't, no time. We visit SL in two weeks after the Indian tour. There is a Afro-asia scheduled in between.

bdbazar_com has mentioned ICC regulating other countries for a 2 test series??? Any source please?? I don't think there is any regulation like that. They can't.

then make it 3 tests and 5 ODIs against SL...or postpone the SL trip or pre-pone the india series...we can't get **** now and when we do get some action its all coupled together to screw us. F that man.

and we should tell the afro-asia to shove it...whats the use in having mashrafee picked, he doesn't get a chance to play, and then he'll get injured and miss an entire series. no thanks. afro-asia can do whatever they want, we don't need to take part in such a silly series when we can't get meaningful matches.

and thats IF INDIA DECIDES TO ACTUALLY KEEP THEIR WORD.

Kabir
January 16, 2007, 12:41 PM
al Furqaan bhai: Are you serious? postpone SL trip for EEndians? That's probably not a very good idea.

Tigers_eye
January 16, 2007, 01:30 PM
The SL series can be easily extended to a 3 test 5 ODI series. Both team has open dates. I clearly remember, Attapatu (then captain) had asked his board to make it a 3 test series against BD last time when we visited SL. The team which loses the 1st match in a 2 game test series has no way to win the series - that was his reasoning a valid one also. We would have a 3 week off before the 2007 ICC Twenty/20 World Championship.

For the Indian series I like a two test series. All we have to do is win the first one. They everyone will hear some serious drum beating. Hope they fullfill their commitment and not change dates showing some lame excuses.

al Furqaan
January 16, 2007, 03:27 PM
al Furqaan bhai: Are you serious? postpone SL trip for EEndians? That's probably not a very good idea.

shudo ak dui shoptar jonno...no i am not arrogant enough to indefinitely postpon something like our eendian "neighbors"

al Furqaan
January 16, 2007, 03:30 PM
The SL series can be easily extended to a 3 test 5 ODI series. Both team has open dates. I clearly remember, Attapatu (then captain) had asked his board to make it a 3 test series against BD last time when we visited SL. The team which loses the 1st match in a 2 game test series has no way to win the series - that was his reasoning a valid one also. We would have a 3 week off before the 2007 ICC Twenty/20 World Championship.

For the Indian series I like a two test series. All we have to do is win the first one. They everyone will hear some serious drum beating. Hope they fullfill their commitment and not change dates showing some lame excuses.

arey bhai...eendian der shate 3 match series khelle kisu ashe jai na...in your scenario, suppose we lose 2-1. the humiliation inflicted on that bunch in a 2-1 loss is worth more than a 1-1 draw (sentimentally speaking).

we need as much test cricket as possible...we had no matches in 13 months. how will mash/rajib ever take 200 career wickets (and rafiq too) if we play 4 matches a year.

Kabir
January 16, 2007, 09:49 PM
On a different note, here's the real source of motivation for the Indian team. I'm just glad that Bangladeshi players aren't motivated in the same way!

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-8339640590907806297&q=Video%3A+Indian+Cricket+Team

Quiz time: Who's the guy in the video?

Umar
January 17, 2007, 11:58 AM
On a different note, here's the real source of motivation for the Indian team. I'm just glad that Bangladeshi players aren't motivated in the same way!

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-8339640590907806297&q=Video%3A+Indian+Cricket+Team

Quiz time: Who's the guy in the video?

Lolz :)) this is funny ! isnt this SACHIN TANDUL ?? lol :P
I donno what comes in his mind when he is facing the ball ! :P

Kabir
January 17, 2007, 12:05 PM
isnt this SACHIN TANDUL ??

Yup it is :)

al Furqaan
January 17, 2007, 07:18 PM
the BBC articles states that BCCI will also disclose info about OUR tour to EENDIA

Kabir
January 17, 2007, 08:00 PM
the BBC articles states that BCCI will also disclose info about OUR tour to EENDIA

I heard that a couple of days ago...but couldn't find iton BBC. I think you mentioned it then...can you post the link? But regardless, oder bhuwa kotha believe kora mushkil!

al Furqaan
January 17, 2007, 10:50 PM
I heard that a couple of days ago...but couldn't find iton BBC. I think you mentioned it then...can you post the link? But regardless, oder bhuwa kotha believe kora mushkil!

link is on front page news article...sorry but too lazy to find and post here :p

kfirooz
January 18, 2007, 05:55 AM
The series will be a good test for Bangladesh's test quality

istiak
January 18, 2007, 06:48 AM
I am just happy to know the schedule!!! Because i will be in BD at the time!

Kabir
January 18, 2007, 09:51 AM
I am just happy to know the schedule!!! Because i will be in BD at the time!

So you're saying you'll volunteer to take some photos and/or videos and submit it to submissions.banglacricket@gmail.com (mailto:submissions.banglacricket@gmail.com)? :)

istiak
January 18, 2007, 10:34 AM
So you're saying you'll volunteer to take some photos and/or videos and submit it to submissions.banglacricket@gmail.com? :)

Any boubt...:-D

Kabir
January 18, 2007, 11:28 AM
Any boubt...:-D

Nope...seeing your enthusiasm, no doubt at all :)

Kamini
January 20, 2007, 07:16 PM
Should BD be really playing cricket at the highest level? I mean after all those humiliations in inning defeats?

I think BD should do an honest self assessment, take their time to re-group, and not participate in any inernational games for about two years or so.

cricman
January 20, 2007, 07:36 PM
People, You know there gonna show some bit of the 158* so even if it's 30 second clip can you record it?

al Furqaan
January 20, 2007, 08:34 PM
Should BD be really playing cricket at the highest level? I mean after all those humiliations in inning defeats?

I think BD should do an honest self assessment, take their time to re-group, and not participate in any inernational games for about two years or so.

i think you should do an honest self assessment, check into a psychiatric counseling group, and figure out why you have such a superiority complex?

were you molested as a child? in lieu of molesting children, do you spend your time ceaselessly bashing minnow cricket nations? isn't that a form of harrassment?

we all know that victims of abuse often become abusers themselves. but the law in civilized nations doesn't make such a distinction. joseph stalin's childhood of abuse doesn't absolve his genocidal guilt. whatever, the laws are in whichever backward country you come from, this method is common sense.

in other words, why such a negative approach? why indeed is it absolutely true that you know more about cricket than the ICC? were we mistaken, or are you in fact the hither-to unknown cricketing messiah who has come to set the world straight?

also understand that your comments could possible be justified but isn't so given the opposition we are facing. india are a completely over-rated bunch who seem to love getting their hyper-egos crushed every other series. hell, even we've humiliated them on numerious occaisions (posting 400 in our first ever test innings, scarring the daylights out of your team in an ODI then dropping one on em the next game, not to mention ashraful doing his best Tony Montana impersenation: 'burying those cockroaches' under a 158* avalanche). and don't forget, the only team to have lost to minnows kenya 3 times is guess who: team India.

please stick around once the series starts, without some emotion-based, feminine illogic around, a series often gets dull.

Farhad
January 20, 2007, 09:05 PM
I just hope Bangladesh gives them a scare or two. I remember their attitudes the game after the infamous win. I honestly felt like smashing dear Tendu's face in! That smirk after he got Mash out was the single worst part of it.

Kabir
January 21, 2007, 12:35 AM
al Furqaan: Don't take Kamini's words seriously bro. She comes up once in a while, and posts meaningless posts, and vanishes. And from her appearances, it only looks like she chooses those days when EEndia's playing well. Today's one of those days, coz they've got a 100+ opening partnership. Once they get spanked, she'll disappear.

Imteaz
January 21, 2007, 01:15 AM
We Shouldn't get hurt If Someone Criticize Us. We already Proved What We Can Do. If Someone Expect that We will Become World Champion by Playing Test Cricket Only for 6-7 Years...........S/he needs to be Check the History. Not Only Kamini but Some Great Cricketers also Said Some Negative Comments about our Cricket. It Doesn't Matter. I Read One Article from Aminul Islam Bulbul Where he Explained some of his Experience in Australia.

One Australian asked him "How Much did you pay Pakistan to Beat them in 1999 World Cup". Bulbul Answered "How Much did you (Australia) take to Lost in 2005"? No Doubt, It is the Best Answer.

Whatever the Reason Australian also Scared when They lost 6 Wickets by 92 runs in the Very First Test Against us when They Came to Bangladesh. We couldn't Win due to many reason. But We proved our self, We have some World Class players. What More do They Expect within 6-7 years of Test History.

So, We should Accept those Criticism. Because Those Criticism will Help us to Play Better. We should not Take anything Personally. Let Them Say Whatever They Want to Say. We should try to Learn from Those Criticism.

Have a Nice Time.

kalpurush
January 21, 2007, 01:47 AM

How about you do an honest self assessment, take your time to re-group, and not participate in any forum for about two years or so? :-D

Umar
January 21, 2007, 12:25 PM
How about you do an honest self assessment, take your time to re-group, and not participate in any forum for about two years or so? :-D

What a Shot.. !!! Fantastic ! >:) :great:

al Furqaan
January 21, 2007, 12:30 PM
al Furqaan: Don't take Kamini's words seriously bro. She comes up once in a while, and posts meaningless posts, and vanishes. And from her appearances, it only looks like she chooses those days when EEndia's playing well. Today's one of those days, coz they've got a 100+ opening partnership. Once they get spanked, she'll disappear.

she posted b4 the india-WI match...but its possible she knew india would do well (they won by 6 runs, HA) at home.

and i'm also aware that she runs away after a singular post []

Farhad
January 21, 2007, 12:55 PM
Well....shes banned now...FINALLY!

Kabir
January 21, 2007, 01:06 PM
Let me be the first one to thank the mods & admins for banning Kamini. You guys are awsum :D

SMHasan
January 21, 2007, 09:24 PM
Let me be the first one to thank the mods & admins for banning Kamini. You guys are awsum :D

Why Kamini was banned?

kfirooz
January 22, 2007, 07:08 AM

I do agree with Kamini's comment partly because Bangladesh really needs to do an honest self assessment about their standing in cricket specially the longer version in which they have a lot to prove.
But not participating in any international games should not be suggested.
The self assessment should be only for the players and administrators to understand about the status of cricket in the country and make improvements.
The assessment will definitely help the players realize their abilities and weaknesses and sharpen up their game and balance their head, which will immensely help their performance and conduct.
Also an honest assessment will help the fans not to have any unrealistic hopes or demands which in turn will put additional burden on the players and only cause more humiliations.

al Furqaan
January 22, 2007, 10:49 AM
Why Kamini was banned?

because she basically found a clever way to say F you. if you read her post you will see it has absolutely no value in this forum and her sole reason here is to damage our spirits...i was gonna ask for her banishment from the mods after her expected reply to my post.