PDA

View Full Version : Chacha has been removed from the team management

Mohiul
January 13, 2007, 12:14 PM
The Executive Committee (EC) of Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has approved the appointment of Ali Asif Khan as national team operations manager for the tour of Zimbabwe.

Can anyone please tell something about this Ali Asif Khan. The name is new to me.

SOURCE (http://www.******.com/news/index.php?action=fullnews&id=1284)

Zunaid
January 13, 2007, 12:35 PM
Ali Asif Khan

I assume he is the current member secretary of BCB. At one point he was the vice president of the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) operation committee.

He seems to have been elected member after the board was re-constituted in 2005.

Some references on the web. I wonder if this refers to the same person:

http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/03/16/d60316040833.htm

Cricket Operations Committee: Mahbubul Anam (chairman), ASM. Faruque (vice-chairman), Ali Asif Khan (member-secretary).

http://bangladesh-web.com/view.php?hidDate=2005-08-16&hidType=SPT

Cricket organiser Gazi Golam Dastagir and his son took nomination papers apart from members of the recently dissolved committees of the BCB Zayedan Rabbi, Tareq Chowdhury, Ali Asif Khan, Adnan Rahman Dipon and Ali Hossain who are reportedly not part of the pro-establishment panel. However, these government-backed candidates are determined to contest the election.

http://www.newagebd.com/2005/feb/08/spt-b.jpg
Ali Asif Khan, vice chairman, cricket operations committee of the Bangladesh Cricket Board, speaks at a press conference on the eve of the 6th National Cricket League at a city hotel on Monday.
@ NEW AGE PHOTO (Feb 2005)

My question: would such a senior member be operational tour manager or is there another Ali Asif Khan?

TheWatcher
January 13, 2007, 01:02 PM
So, on whose tail Chacha stepped this time ? On Bashar's or DW's ? Or is it just that his highness Ali Asif Khan feeling like making some overseas tours with the national team ?

akabir77
January 13, 2007, 01:04 PM
I thought from bangladesherkhela.com that he requested to stepped out. Never the less great loss for BD team

arafath79
January 13, 2007, 01:05 PM
Khaled Mahmud should have stayed as a manager of BD cricket team till the world cup 07.

Mohiul
January 13, 2007, 01:11 PM
Thanks, Dr. Zunaid for your kind information.

My question: would such a senior member be operational tour manager or is there another Ali Asif Khan?

The following link tells that such a senior member is now the operational manager.

SOURCE (http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/01/14/d70114040231.htm)

TheWatcher
January 13, 2007, 01:12 PM
I thought from bangladesherkhela.com that he requested to stepped out. Never the less great loss for BD team
That case, BD team is just unfortunate. Anyway, I hope he will contribute more towards the future of Bangladesh cricket as the academy team manager.

Omio
January 13, 2007, 01:16 PM
[বাংলা]চাচা আপণ প্রাণ বাচাও...[/বাংলা]

Miraz
January 13, 2007, 01:18 PM
That case, BD team is just unfortunate. Anyway, I hope he will contribute more towards the future of Bangladesh cricket as the academy team manager.

Srilanka and Pakistan academy team are coming in April-May 2007. I hope chacha will continue to nurture young talents as academy team manager.

TheWatcher
January 13, 2007, 01:23 PM
According to DS report, my initial suspicion was right- Asif pushed Chacha out of the team and it may have something to do with his better relationship with DW.

TheWatcher
January 15, 2007, 01:25 PM
DS: Ali Asif's appointment raises questions

If the job of a cricket team's operations manager has got something to do with the press apart from his other duties, then the recent appointment of Ali Asif Khan for the demanding post might not have augured all well for Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB).

The board, in a surprise move on Saturday, named Asif as the national cricket team's operations manager for the Tigers' brief Zimbabwe tour later this month, replacing former national captain Khaled Mahmud.

But an undisclosed probe report about police brutality on the working journalists during the Bangladesh-Australia Test match in Chittagong held Asif along with four other board officials in some way responsible for the ugly episode on April 16 last year at the Chittagong Divisional Stadium.

The police attack on reporters and photojournalists on that fateful day sparked widespread criticism both at home and abroad and amid uproar the home ministry had formed a one-member judiciary inquiry committee of Comilla District's Sessions Judge Shawkat Hossain.

The judge submitted his report to then home secretary on May 21 after talking with over fifty persons.

It was learnt that there was specific charges against the responsible police officials in the report. The report highlighted a lack of coordination between the cricket board and the security officials. It also specifically questioned the role of the five-member committee for the match.

It may be mentioned that the board sent Jamil A Sattar, the then vice-chairman of Gates and Security Committee, and Asif, who acted as vice-chairman of Cricket Operations Committee, from Dhaka to co-ordinate the match along with local board representatives.

Although Jamil lost his credential in the board after that incident and was not included in any of the new committees, Asif somehow prospered with the blessings of BCB general secretary Mahabubul Anam.

cricketboy
January 17, 2007, 02:10 PM
A former cricketer should be made the manager than some random guy who is linked with the political party in power.

sunniath
January 17, 2007, 08:05 PM
according to prothom-alo chacha is happy with the decision.he wants to concentrate on his main responsibility.according to the same souce,asif is an ex cricketer and chacha spoke highly about this guy to the newspaper.

zahid
January 17, 2007, 08:08 PM
Chacha key ??? :confused: :hairpull:

Carte Blanche
January 19, 2007, 04:47 AM
Chacha key ??? :confused: :hairpull:

New to BD Cricket? ;)

Chacha is the nickname of our former skipper cum all-rounder Khaled Mahmud (Shujon). He was literally an all-rounder. :)

http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/50500/50514.1.jpg

zahid
January 19, 2007, 08:11 AM
I was kidding , Carte Blanche ... lol

:)

Mohiul
January 19, 2007, 08:13 AM
hey Zahid, where have you been?

zahid
January 19, 2007, 08:24 AM
Too much to study, bdcricmad bhai.

Degreeta 2nd ar 3rd classer majhamajhi jhultesey!

James90
January 19, 2007, 08:59 AM
Wow. One more thing that Sujon sucks at. I wonder what he'll try next.

Carte Blanche
January 19, 2007, 09:03 AM
Music video model?

Special 1
January 19, 2007, 08:11 PM
have you guys seen the baula video by habib. Its on youtube.
Kaya looks exactly like chacha. Maybe he should...

Miraz
January 20, 2007, 02:51 PM
After Azi Al kaiser Tito's protest, more controversary looms..No a good sign ahead of world cup. BCB is making a mess.

From BDNews

Dhaka, Jan 20 (bdnews24.com) - Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) general secretary Mahbub Anam Saturday certified the newly appointed Bangladesh national team operational manager, Ali Asif Khan, a devoted man for cricket.

The BCB executive committee recently appointed Asif as the manager for the national team's upcoming tour of Zimbabwe, replacing former captain Khaled Mahmud, kicking off debate because of Asif's controversial role in a police assault on journalists in a Bangladesh-Australia Test match in Chittagong last year.

"You don't know he (Asif) has tackled many things related to Bangladesh cricket for the last three to four years," Anam told bdnews24.com Saturday.

BCB vice president Aziz Al Kaiser Titu recently lashed out at the decision of appointing Asif and said that BCB was being run by two to three men. He was not aware of the change in the managerial post of the national team, he said.

Titu said the board earlier, in principle, decided to keep Mahmud as manager till the next World Cup.

Aanm, however, denied Titu's claim and said that the board had never taken such a decision.

"The question of removal comes if someone is appointed permanently, but Mahmud was appointed on the basis of tour and there is no question of removing him," explained the BCB general secretary.

"Besides, Mahmud, who is also manager of game development committee, sought time from the BCB to play the domestic cricket league and we went to his club (DOHS), but they didn't want to release him (Mahmud)," Anam said adding that the fact was not being reflected in the media.

Mahmud admitted that he had also sought time from BCB to play in the league and didn't have any intention to be manager this time.

DOHS manager Tareq Chowdhury, however, denied that the board had discussed the matter with them.

"Aren't the national cricketers playing for DOHS and don't we release them for the national duty?" asked Chowdhury.

Allegation has it that Asif played a dubious role during the police attack on journalists in the first Test between Bangladesh and Australia at Chittagong Divisional Stadium in April 2006. It was said that Asif feted deputy police commissioner Akbar Ali, who led the attack on journalists, after the assault.

It is also said that Asif enjoys blessing of Anam, who tried to prove Asif innocent in that incident.

"I have an ICC report that praised Asif highly for his role to complete the Test match in Chittagong," said Anam, who, however, didn't disclose the BCB inquiry report on the matter.

TheWatcher
January 21, 2007, 01:55 PM
New Age: Asif bares his soul

The newly-appointed manager of the national cricket team Ali Asif Khan said he will not step down from the post despite criticism over his appointment in section of media.

‘Why should I step down? The Board has entrusted me for job and I am ready to do it,’ said Asif while talking to New Age on Sunday.

‘I have played cricket for 18 years at different levels, so I know what a cricketer requires from his manager,’ said Asif adding that he is also well aware of the job description of the manager.

‘As the member-secretary of the cricket operations committee of the Bangladesh Cricket Board, I was closely involved in preparing the job description of the national team managers. So, I know what he needs to do,’ said Asif.

The BCB last week appointed Asif as the manager for the Zimbabwe tour replacing former national captain Khaled Mahmud, triggering a strong controversy.

A section of the media lashed out at Asif apparently for his role in the police assault on journalists in Chittagong on April 16 last year, but the official claimed to be a victim of misunderstanding.

‘In no way I provoked or thanked the police for beating the journalists. The thing was that the match referee wanted me to ensure police protection for the dressing room and umpires room and I went to do that. After deploying necessary personnel one police officer came to me and asked was it all right? I said yes and thanked him. Some journalists, who were standing nearby, misinterpreted the conversation and came to the conclusion that I instigated the assault,’ defended Asif.

Asif also claimed that he has the backing from the cricketers and his predecessor Khaled Mahmud as manager. ‘Everyday I have regular chats over the phone with Sujan (Mahmud) and he encourages me to take the job. I also have a very good relation with the national cricketers,’ said Asif.

Talking to New Age, Mahmud also supported the claim saying that the BCB has made a right decision in choosing Ali Asif Khan as his successor.

‘I promised Old DOHS to play for them in the Premier Cricket League as there was no plan to go to Zimbabwe initially. It was tough for me to break the promise. Besides, I had some responsibly as the games development manager of the BCB. So, I asked the BCB to relieve me from the tour,’ said Mahmud.

‘The BCB has made the right decision in choosing Asif Bhai, because he is the right man for the job. Like me he also has very good relations with the players,’ added Mahmud.

BanglaCool
January 21, 2007, 04:22 PM
Press plays ... and have their own gameplan, even the Police are afraid of them.

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 21, 2007, 04:36 PM
wat a waste of time reading all this!!!! after all there was actually no issue involved here!!!!!