PDA

View Full Version : Hair grown back??

Alien
January 14, 2007, 03:50 AM
Darrell Hair may be back umpiring the minnows. Apparently, ICC didn't have full faith in him and so decided to let him umpire only the countries that aren't full members.

My question is, if you don't have faith in this guy's umpiring, why bring him back? Is there a shortage of umpires? I just hope we don't end up having him umpiring BD matches. That wouldn't be good news for us.

Sometimes I fail to see the logic of ICC's decision.

ICC appoints Hair to stand in internationals

The ICC has appointed Darrell Hair to stand as an official umpire in the triangular one-day series in Mombasa involving Kenya, Scotland and Canada which starts next week. He will also act as tournament referee in the World Cricket League which follows in Nairobi.

In November, Percy Sonn, the ICC president, announced that Hair would "not be appointed to international matches involving ICC Full Members". He added: "The board has discussed this matter with great sincerity and gave lots of attention to it and they've come to the conclusion that they've lost confidence in Mr Hair."

The announcement came from Cricket Kenya and a spokesman from the ICC told Cricinfo that there would be no formal media release until Sunday. The ICC added that this news did not represent an about-turn in policy from the board, insisting that Hair is still banned from officiating in any matches involving Full Member sides.

The Kenyan authorities said the other on-field umpires were Ian Gould (Eng) and Buddhi Pradhan (Nepal) while the match referee would be Javagal Srinath.

layperson
January 14, 2007, 03:58 AM
ICC nijer paye nijei kural marche. They should always try to be consistent with their decisions. I agreed with their decision in the first place to remove Hair from the elite panel but then getting him back for international matches is contradicting their previous stance. Hair might be a very good umpire but to me he seems biased and racist because all his controversies are against coloured players and coloured teams.

Alien
January 14, 2007, 04:04 AM
lol, I wouldn't be surprise if whole heap of decisions go against Kenya, Namibia or whoever the unfortunate team is that will end up having him.

People who are covertly racist are more dangerous than those that are overt.

layperson
January 14, 2007, 04:08 AM
what if [..edited..] is umpiring with two coloured teams playing against each other. Hahaha he would be in a predicament then. I think he would go crazy trying to decide which team to harass. Maybe he will choose the lighter coloured team to favour. :P

scoilaheez
March 16, 2007, 11:48 PM
Can't people see he is a scapegoat. If he really was racist would he be allowed to umpire these days