PDA

View Full Version : world cup streaming

al Furqaan
January 17, 2007, 07:39 PM
if anyone knows what sites will be legally selling coverage of 2007 WC, please post that info here.

links would be preferable.

thanks. and mods can this be a sticky?

here are some sites which are selling (check for updates):

www.buylivecricket.com

FaridpurChicago
January 18, 2007, 11:08 AM
Nice to have it now, but isn't it little too early considering the trend. Normally what we see is, websites come up just before hours of play. But definitely there will be a legal broadcast from willow that we can say now.

Kabir
January 18, 2007, 11:11 AM
Doesn't willow restrict some given countries? It'll be helpful if the members know about that early on, than waiting for willow to do the magic in the last minute :)

FaridpurChicago
January 18, 2007, 01:51 PM
What will happen ultimately is kind of open secret. Willow will broadcast for some countries excluding USA, UK, Can etc. Others will buy from willow and broadcast illegally. We'll buy from these illegals as they are cheap and with little option. We'll later show our unhappiness to these guys. I'm thinking about how much the Dish network may charge this time. Last time I paid them $299 to see Vas taking four wickets in his first over against BD!

BangladeshCricket
January 18, 2007, 02:26 PM
Last time I paid them $299 to see Vas taking four wickets in his first over against BD!

Priceless...Faridpurbhai imagine what will happen this time when lanka and Ind both gaining back their forms. Not sure if we will have clowns like that match I believe (Ash) was one of them. Hope he realizes what happened. None of our national team batsmen performing good so far in premium leagues.

FaridpurChicago
January 18, 2007, 02:50 PM
Priceless...Faridpurbhai imagine what will happen this time when lanka and Ind both gaining back their forms. Not sure if we will have clowns like that match I believe (Ash) was one of them. Hope he realizes what happened. None of our national team batsmen performing good so far in premium leagues.

BC bhai, yes, Ash was one of those fours. He is to blame definitely. But I don't want to blame our whole team, specially people like SN, Saqib, Aft etc. I Just read some article on Pak preview on different newspapers. They are not optimistic about Mohammad-Yousuf-Youhana in the coming test. Everyone is mentioning that he is out of international level for almost two months. Now compare it with our players. All of them are out of international level since Champions T. You can't say Zim at international level while facing Ind and SL, specially when they are flying high. Our players didn't get opportunity to take-off even.

sunniath
January 18, 2007, 02:57 PM
i feel your pain bro.had the same experience.subscribed to willow tv and stayed up all night to see canada beating us.

FaridpurChicago
January 18, 2007, 03:45 PM
i feel your pain bro.had the same experience.subscribed to willow tv and stayed up all night to see canada beating us.

We are proud of your success and want to follow your trajectory.

al Furqaan
January 18, 2007, 04:02 PM
i have one site...please check my first post.

Tigers_eye
January 18, 2007, 05:02 PM
i have one site...please check my first post.
Where is BD-Zim 4 match series??? :hairpull: :mad:

These are same folks of www.cricketspot.com (http://www.cricketspot.com)

What is the price? Does one have to register to get that info?

al Furqaan
January 18, 2007, 07:45 PM
Where is BD-Zim 4 match series??? :hairpull: :mad:

These are same folks of www.cricketspot.com (http://www.cricketspot.com)

What is the price? Does one have to register to get that info?

don't know any of that yet...they have said they will broadcast WC 07 so its not for sure yet.

i posted WC, since i am planning on watching it with some fellow tiger fans and figured other members might want this info to organize their own WC parties

sunniath
January 18, 2007, 07:46 PM
cricfreak has announced wc package.check it here:
http://www.cricfreak.com/EventPackages.aspx?eid=24

kalpurush
January 18, 2007, 08:28 PM

BC bhai....our team is a different one now with some good players. This time you would have some entertainmet which you would enjoy for sure! SL and Indian players der ekhon montro pore mathey namtey hobe BD-er against-a kheler somoy!!:-D

kalpurush
January 18, 2007, 08:31 PM

sunniath bhai: Please let us know how you feel when we beat SL, India and Barmuda in the WC!:-D

gatekeeper
January 18, 2007, 09:24 PM
There'll be plenty more sites, maybe even some free ones as we approach the start of WC.

sunniath
January 18, 2007, 10:05 PM
sunniath bhai: Please let us know how you feel when we beat SL, India and Barmuda in the WC!:-D
i will fly down to winnipeg and celebrate the victory.food and drink on me.

Kabir
January 19, 2007, 12:24 AM

Why not Toronto? I want BD to win against all three opponents too :D
And as a marketing strategy: Toronto is much warmer.

zia
January 19, 2007, 02:47 PM
How about bright and sunny Los Angeles? If you can sccop the air fare, room and boarding is on me!:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

al Furqaan
January 19, 2007, 08:17 PM
There'll be plenty more sites, maybe even some free ones as we approach the start of WC.

quality will be terrible...think about it, indians are keepta as hell, and a few million of them will reduce any free stream to a mere slideshow.

sunniath
January 19, 2007, 10:01 PM
How about bright and sunny Los Angeles? If you can sccop the air fare, room and boarding is on me!:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:
la, winnipeg,toronto....how about we meet half-way in nj?trip to nj will include free stay.helay haraben na.shuborno shujog.bhebe dekhen.

AsifTheManRahman
January 19, 2007, 10:02 PM
visa nai

Carte Blanche
January 19, 2007, 10:30 PM
Not to sidetrack the topic, but with the surging popularity of P2P streaming, we'll likely get just as good streaming as willow come WC days. NFL, NBA and NHL fans already have communities dedicated to P2P streaming. HD streams are growing popular too. It's great for people with no access to a legal (or illegal) stream package.

al Furqaan
January 19, 2007, 10:36 PM
Not to sidetrack the topic, but with the surging popularity of P2P streaming, we'll likely get just as good streaming as willow come WC days. NFL, NBA and NHL fans already have communities dedicated to P2P streaming. HD streams are growing popular too. It's great for people with no access to a legal (or illegal) stream package.

p2p streaming using things like sopcast or paltalk??? please let us know...i hope we get something good in 2 months time.

Kabir
January 20, 2007, 12:39 AM
p2p streaming using things like sopcast or paltalk??? please let us know...i hope we get something good in 2 months time.

don't worry about it, it'll pop up when it's due...and that'll be just a couple of days before WC. If you want to be worry free, you can count on the popular Bangladeshi sites that we have used sopcast for all these days...they're definitely going to have it. On top of that, I beleive some Pakistani, Indian, and may be Carribean sites will do the sopcast too.

al Furqaan
January 20, 2007, 12:46 AM
don't worry about it, it'll pop up when it's due...and that'll be just a couple of days before WC. If you want to be worry free, you can count on the popular Bangladeshi sites that we have used sopcast for all these days...they're definitely going to have it. On top of that, I beleive some Pakistani, Indian, and may be Carribean sites will do the sopcast too.

sopcast works better the more people use it, right?

Carte Blanche
January 20, 2007, 12:50 AM
Yep it does. During the Ashes series, some guys from UK ran and HD stream. We had a constant 700 kbit/s feed. The quality was great. Hopefully something similar will pop up in time. TVU used to have some too.

sunniath
January 21, 2007, 08:39 PM
visa nai
canada theke ashte abar visa lage naki?chipa diya choila ashen.

Kabir
January 21, 2007, 09:29 PM
sopcast works better the more people use it, right?

From what I know, yes it does...

That's probably the reason why the people using sopcasts show up here and msg...otherwise, why would they waste their much needed bandwidth for others?

taklima_naj
January 21, 2007, 09:37 PM

I am one of the very fan of BD cricket from my young life. never write any thing but always enjoys everybody's comments and regularly visits this forum. I will not write much this year, inshallah next time but at this momemt would like to know what the exactly tUK ime the world cup match starts .

can anybody inform me ? thanks a lot to everyone

sunniath
January 21, 2007, 09:53 PM
games will be played in the morning in US.so i guess games will start in noon in UK.

kalpurush
January 22, 2007, 12:27 AM

sunniath bhai: Upner kothay boroi mormahoto hoyechen tini! Aabosso...upnake-o dus daya jay na!! Upnito er janen na. " Tar" hater ranna boroi sussadu - eta sokoler kotha...aamer na!!! Er tini bolen aamer hater ranna-e naki beshi bhalo lagey tar.
Anyway, sokol baybostha aamader...shudhu choley aasben - s-dolboley. Sokoley miley moja korer aanondo-e aalada!:-D

Nasif
January 22, 2007, 12:47 AM
but at this momemt would like to know what the exactly tUK ime the world cup match starts .

Most probably in UK the day matches will start around 1pm, and day-night matches will start around 6pm.

nmhimal
January 22, 2007, 10:16 AM
I am one of the very fan of BD cricket from my young life. never write any thing but always enjoys everybody's comments and regularly visits this forum. I will not write much this year, inshallah next time but at this momemt would like to know what the exactly tUK ime the world cup match starts .

taklima_naj Welcome to Bangla cricket forum, don't worry you will informed about everything like me, means i also like to read much than posting comments. keep it on ....

al Furqaan
January 22, 2007, 10:45 AM

yes you do, as of jan 2007. visa is required...

sunniath
January 22, 2007, 02:50 PM

aha..bhai,sheta to legal upay.ami boltechilam ei dhoren garir trunk a othoba truck er bostar niche dhuika........hehehe.bistarito janar jonno jekono mexican jose bhai k jiggesh koren.
on a more serious note, me and my cricket friends in nj are planning to watch the games on a huge screen with a projector and heavy duty sound system.so may be your border crossing adventure will be worth the efforts.

al Furqaan
January 22, 2007, 06:22 PM
aha..bhai,sheta to legal upay.ami boltechilam ei dhoren garir trunk a othoba truck er bostar niche dhuika........hehehe.bistarito janar jonno jekono mexican jose bhai k jiggesh koren.
on a more serious note, me and my cricket friends in nj are planning to watch the games on a huge screen with a projector and heavy duty sound system.so may be your border crossing adventure will be worth the efforts.

bhai, tale apnar shudo ey deshi asha hobe na...apnee ey deshi eshe, hozoth kete, eastern europe ba cuba te je porben...ar BC-te browse korte hobe na, lol

anik
January 23, 2007, 02:30 PM

no you dont need visa, just a valid passport.

Since January 23, 2007, a new American law requires everyone entering the United States BY AIR to have a valid passport.
Canadians can continue to use such documents as their birth certificates and drivers' licence to cross the Canada-U.S. border BY LAND AND SEA for at least another year.

sunniath
January 23, 2007, 03:45 PM
bhai, tale apnar shudo ey deshi asha hobe na...apnee ey deshi eshe, hozoth kete, eastern europe ba cuba te je porben...ar BC-te browse korte hobe na, lol
ek attepmt a tin desh.kharap na.reminds me of ek ticket a dui chobi...mone pore?:-D

al Furqaan
January 23, 2007, 03:58 PM
no you dont need visa, just a valid passport.

Since January 23, 2007, a new American law requires everyone entering the United States BY AIR to have a valid passport.
Canadians can continue to use such documents as their birth certificates and drivers' licence to cross the Canada-U.S. border BY LAND AND SEA for at least another year.

my bad...your right....just a PASSPORT will do...i tend to think of passport and visa as synonemous.

al Furqaan
January 23, 2007, 03:59 PM
ek attepmt a tin desh.kharap na.reminds me of ek ticket a dui chobi...mone pore?:-D

na, sorry bhai.

sunniath
January 23, 2007, 05:08 PM
na, sorry bhai.
you must be out of the country for a long time or not familiar with bd's cinema halls.

sadi
January 23, 2007, 05:34 PM
you must be out of the country for a long time or not familiar with bd's cinema halls.

or used to be a good boy like me!!! :p

al Furqaan
January 23, 2007, 08:45 PM

lol, you are both wrong, sunniath and sadi.

i'm actually an american (the only one here AFAIK). never lived in bangladesh. i guess i am a good boy, but only in action...my mind is as devilish as they come (most BC members will tacitly agree).

bdbazar_com
January 24, 2007, 02:58 AM
I'm thinking about getting those illegal link from web(hoping to get it under $50 i think) which is good when i'm at work I can watch and then at home I will use my dish number 2 box to watch all games. Hope that time new programs which enable you to watch all channells works

khano1
January 25, 2007, 08:04 PM
If anyone finds any reasonable deal on any site, please share here.

khano1
January 25, 2007, 08:04 PM

SMHasan
January 25, 2007, 08:15 PM
So WC will be aired throughout the world. Bad news is I havn't got sky (can't be bothered to go to brothers house). So internet is the ultimate destination :)

TV Broadcasters

Africa: SABC
Asia: SET Max | Doordarshan | Sri Lanka Rupavahini | Bangladesh TV
Caribbean (excluding Dutch Antilles, Puerto Rico and USVI): Caribbean Media Corporation
Europe: ARY Digital | Fox Sports International
Middle East: Fox Sports International
New-Zealand: Sky New Zealand
Pacific Islands: Fiji TV
UK & Ireland: BSkyB | BBC (highlights)
USA (including Puerto Rico and USVI): DirecTV and EchoStar.

Radio Broadcasters

Africa: SABC
Asia: All India Radio | Bangladesh TV | Freschia
Caribbean (excluding Dutch Antilles, Puerto Rico and USVI): Caribbean Media Corporation
Canada, Central America and Dutch Antilles: EchoStar
UK and Ireland: BBC Radio

al Furqaan
January 25, 2007, 08:48 PM

welcome to the board, and keep checkin this or other related threads (they might disappear but they will be chalk full of info once the final 24 hours b4 our first WC match arrives).

FaridpurChicago
January 26, 2007, 11:13 AM
What about warm up matches. Is there any chance of following our warm up matches, specially the one aginst NZ.

al Furqaan
January 26, 2007, 01:07 PM
What about warm up matches. Is there any chance of following our warm up matches, specially the one aginst NZ.

yea i was wondering this also...they should since it will be an official ODI

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 26, 2007, 01:10 PM
oh wow!!! warm up matches are considered as official ODI? damn....why arent they playing zimbabwe instead of NZ then? BCB should really try to change it from NZ to ZIM. cuz i think we should play ZIM some more. i didnt have enough chance to observe the ZIM team lately.

al Furqaan
January 26, 2007, 05:12 PM
oh wow!!! warm up matches are considered as official ODI? damn....why arent they playing zimbabwe instead of NZ then? BCB should really try to change it from NZ to ZIM. cuz i think we should play ZIM some more. i didnt have enough chance to observe the ZIM team lately.

yeah any matches between full national sides of test nations (BD-NZ) and ODI nations is classified as an ODI.

they might de-classify it tho if its a WC warm-up (tho that makes absolutely no logical sense).

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 26, 2007, 06:48 PM
Furqaan bhai, once again thanks for providing me with the new information.

al Furqaan
January 26, 2007, 07:57 PM
Furqaan bhai, once again thanks for providing me with the new information.

this information is true for all situations, however, now i too am in doubt as to whether or not world cup warm up matches have ODI status.

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 26, 2007, 08:00 PM
this information is true for all situations, however, now i too am in doubt as to whether or not world cup warm up matches have ODI status.

humm....well I dont know what ICC's point of view is for this but I think that they should not give ODI status to these games. Cuz most teams experiment in this kinds of matches. So they might even loose for these wild experiments and I dont see why they should be penalized for doing so. Thus, warm up matches should be "warm up matches" and the intent should purely be to practice. If there is an ODI status then what ICC is trying to say is that, hey guys, this is a pre test but it will be graded and included in the final grade!!!!

SMHasan
January 26, 2007, 09:11 PM
Surely the warm up matches won't get the ODI status. Never, cause these are warm up matches :)

ialbd
January 27, 2007, 11:21 AM
Pakistani Students Association & Indian Student Association in our campus will be showing the matches on big screen, too few Bangladeshi crcicket enthusiast to organise sth like that from the Bangladeshi Student Association :( .

Wonder how am I gonna watch Bangladesh-India game in the Indian Student Association arrangement....:confused:

al Furqaan
January 27, 2007, 12:03 PM
Pakistani Students Association & Indian Student Association in our campus will be showing the matches on big screen, too few Bangladeshi crcicket enthusiast to organise sth like that from the Bangladeshi Student Association :( .

Wonder how am I gonna watch Bangladesh-India game in the Indian Student Association arrangement....:confused:

pretend ur a a kolkata based india fan...

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 27, 2007, 12:10 PM
or just turn up as a nepalese and pretend that your are watching your two neighboring countries playing in the world cup and be proud or yourself.

ialbd
January 27, 2007, 12:59 PM
hehe... lots of great ideas. I'll put on my Bd cricket jersey no matter what (even if I end up with buffering streamings). Bhangbo tobu mochkabo na......

ialbd
January 27, 2007, 01:04 PM
pretend ur a a kolkata based india fan...

very risky furqan bhai, out of emotion, one wrong cheering will..... :-D moreover we turned down the idea of forming a Bangali Student Association (epar + opar bangla) and formed Bangladeshi Student Association (to hav our own flag)......

I think I'll enjoy it more with those online streaming, paltalk voice chat & banglacricket chat with my fellow bangladeshi fans.... and be proud of it....

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 27, 2007, 08:11 PM
very risky furqan bhai, out of emotion, one wrong cheering will..... :-D moreover we turned down the idea of forming a Bangali Student Association (epar + opar bangla) and formed Bangladeshi Student Association (to hav our own flag)......

I think I'll enjoy it more with those online streaming, paltalk voice chat & banglacricket chat with my fellow bangladeshi fans.... and be proud of it....

shabash. kharap hoileo deshi ponno bebohar korun. ete akdin na akdin apnar deshi ponno uchhomaner shikriti labh korbe!!!

al Furqaan
January 27, 2007, 08:53 PM

true, a wicket of SRT or dravid or a handsome ashraful cover drive or a powerful aftab pull for 6, will blow ur cover.

SMHasan
January 27, 2007, 10:21 PM
shabash. kharap hoileo deshi ponno bebohar korun. ete akdin na akdin apnar deshi ponno uchhomaner shikriti labh korbe!!!

[বাংলা]স্বদেশী পণ্য, কিনে হও ধন্য[/বাংলা]:)