8. Mashrafi Murtaza
9. Mohammad Rafiq
10. abdur rajjaq
11. shahadat Hossain ( Syed Rasel)

14, Rajin saleh
15. Forhad reza

sunniath
January 22, 2007, 09:57 PM
selectors seem to be pretty serious about sharif.if this is the case,then he should be tested in this series.

cricket_king
January 22, 2007, 10:05 PM
My team:

1. Shahreer Nafees
2. Tamim Iqbal
3. Aftab Ahmed
4. Saqibul Hasan
5. Mohammad Ashraful
6. Habibul Bashar
7. Khaled Mashud (Rahim could be used in one or two of these matches)
8. Mashrafee Mortaza
9. Mohammad Rafique
10. Abdur Razzak
11. Shahadat Hossain

I believe Khaled Mashud should be used this tour due to the fact that we will probably be using him in the world cup. If that is the case then he must play as many international matches as he can before the world cup as preparation.

Imteaz
January 22, 2007, 11:21 PM
1. Shahreer Nafis
2. Mehrab Hossain
3. Aftab Ahmed
4. Md. Ashraful
5. Habibul Bashar
6. Saqib Al Hasan
7. Khaled Mashud/Mushfiqur Rahim
8. Md. Rafique/Abdur Razzak
9. Mashrafee Mortaza
10. Shahdat Hossain
11. Syed Rassel

12. Md. Sharif
13. Rajin Saleh
14. Farhad Reza

Zimbabwe Condition Always help Pace Bowlers. Bangladesh Should Play with Three Pace Bowlers. Khaled Mashud, Md. Rafique, Shahreer Nafees, Habibul Bashar, Md. Ashraful, Aftab Ahmed and Mashrafee Mortaza are Auto Choice for WC. According to Current Form Shahdat Hossain and Abdur Razzak Should Also be Selected for WC. Md. Sharif, Rajin Saleh, Farhad Reza, Mehrab Hossain, Syed Rassel and Mushfiqur Rahim should be Judged. Management should allow Every Players to Play At Least Two Match Out of Four. It will Help the Players to Prove Themselves to Prepare a Good Team for WC.

wiseshah
January 23, 2007, 06:59 AM
i think, mehrab Junior is too slow.But i dont want to drop him from the squad.instead I prefer dashing opener Tamim, he might bring incredible change in the squad. In other cases, I would prefer, mohammed rafique as a pinch hitter, thats the way we can pace up our runs. others are fine. I think, rajjaq and rafiq both our auto choice. and I am doubtful abt mushfiq rahim and pilot situation, cant compare who is better option.

LateCut
January 23, 2007, 09:28 AM
I would rather rest Mashri. I would not risk injury ahead of WC. This will also give chance to test another pacer. Khaled Mashud should be alternated with Rahim. Then we can make decision in favor of Rahim for the WC if Rahim performs with the bat. Clearly Mashud is slightly better wicket keeper. But I am not sure who is better with bat currently.

AsifTheManRahman
January 23, 2007, 11:16 AM
i don't think mashud is playing in zimbabwe - broken finger?

Kabir
January 23, 2007, 11:40 AM
I would rather rest Mashri. I would not risk injury ahead of WC. This will also give chance to test another pacer. Khaled Mashud should be alternated with Rahim. Then we can make decision in favor of Rahim for the WC if Rahim performs with the bat. Clearly Mashud is slightly better wicket keeper. But I am not sure who is better with bat currently.

If we're worried about injuries, then lets not even let him practice. Shonar thale boshay dood bhaat khaway, mota taja kore tarpor pathai.

Mashud is a better wicket keeper, but Rahim has fresh blood. Oh my God, last night in my dream I saw Rahim...and I saw that he's been caught for serial killing (like the latest Vancouver guy now in trial). What's happening to me? :hairpull:

sadi
January 23, 2007, 11:57 AM
Mushfiq- a serial killer? Hehe... possible. Usually the bhola bhala guy turns out to be the one. Not that I am saying Mushfiq is so bhola bhala. Not after the fighting incident!!! :)

pilot fan
January 23, 2007, 12:40 PM
any idea when the sqaud us going to be announced

sunniath
January 23, 2007, 12:59 PM
it will be announced on the 25th.i heard faruk speaking today on ntv.the selectors will probably take sharif and tapash for fast bowling condition in zim.that means one of the spinners will have to sit out the series.

TheWatcher
January 23, 2007, 05:46 PM
My Team-

3 Openning Batsmen: Shahriar Nafees, Al Shahariar, and Mehrab Jr. Start the series with SN-Rokon pair and stick to them if they do well. Otherwise Mehrab gets a match or two.

5 Middle Order Batsmen: Aftab, Sakib, Bashar, Ashraful, and Farhad. We will need Sakib in all four matches as a spin option. Other four gets three matches each in rotation. That means Bashar will have to let SN lead in one match. Farhad can be tried as the one down batsman in the match Aftab won't play.

2 Keepers: Mushfiqur Rahim and Khaled Mashud. Start the series with Rahim and stick to him if he do well.

5 Pacers: Mashrafe, Shahadat, Rasel, Tapash, and Sharif. Bangladesh should play three pacers in each match. Mash, Rajib, and Rasel get 2 matches each (as they are more likely ones to go to WI) and Tapash and Sharif get 3 matches each (the ones needed to be tested well), in rotation.

2 Spinners: Razzak and Rafique. Rafique should sit out this series unless the three pacers strategy backfires.

I don't think Zimbabwe should have any problem hosting an extended 17 members team as we had hosted same number of players last time they visited.

Miraz
January 23, 2007, 06:36 PM
My Team-

3 Openning Batsmen: Shahriar Nafees, Al Shahariar, and Mehrab Jr. Start the series with SN-Rokon pair and stick to them if they do well. Otherwise Mehrab gets a match or two.

5 Middle Order Batsmen: Aftab, Sakib, Bashar, Ashraful, and Farhad. We will need Sakib in all four matches as a spin option. Other four gets three matches each in rotation. That means Bashar will have to let SN lead in one match. Farhad can be tried as the one down batsman in the match Aftab won't play.

2 Keepers: Mushfiqur Rahim and Khaled Mashud. Start the series with Rahim and stick to him if he do well.

5 Pacers: Mashrafe, Shahadat, Rasel, Tapash, and Sharif. Bangladesh should play three pacers in each match. Mash, Rajib, and Rasel get 2 matches each (as they are more likely ones to go to WI) and Tapash and Sharif get 3 matches each (the ones needed to be tested well), in rotation.

2 Spinners: Razzak and Rafique. Rafique should sit out this series unless the three pacers strategy backfires.

I don't think Zimbabwe should have any problem hosting an extended 17 members team as we had hosted same number of players last time they visited.

TheWatcher, your team looks fine but too many ifs and buts. :) Depending on selectors pattern, I will go for following 15 member squad

1. SN
2. Tamim Iqbal
3. Mehrab Jr.
4. Aftab Ahmed
5. Habibul Bashar
6. Sakib Al Hasan
7. Mohammad Ashraful
8. Khaled Mashud
9. Mohammad Rafiq
10. Abdur Razzak
11. Shahadat Hossain
12. Mashrafee Mortaza
13. Syed Rasel
14. Mushfiqur Rahim
15. Tapash Baisya

For playing XI, Mehrab Jr. Khaled Mashud, Tapash Baisya and Syed Rasel should sit out in first two game.

wiseshah
January 23, 2007, 07:00 PM
i think resting mashrafi is not a bad option, so is razzaq, they are ultimate choice in these days. I would definitely go for Tamim Iqbal, we need his sparks. Otherwise we can try 20/20 star Junaid Imroz, i heard he is a super hard hitter, though I dont know how good he is as a batsman. Forhad reza's bowling is not impressive, I would rather try Sharif or rajin saleh. so my top 15 is

Tamim Iqbal
Shahreer Nafees
Aftab ahmed
habibul Bashar
mohammad ashraful
saqib ul hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim
mashrafi murtaza
abdur razzaq
mohammad sharif
shahadat hossain

12. mehrab Jr
13. rajin saleh
14. mohammad rafiq
15. syed rasel
if one more option, 16. take tapash baisya.

wiseshah
January 23, 2007, 07:02 PM
and al shahriar shouldnt be even considered. so is hannan sarker, mushfiq babu, javed omar, they are past history now...

cricket_king
January 23, 2007, 07:17 PM
and al shahriar shouldnt be even considered. so is hannan sarker, mushfiq babu, javed omar, they are past history now...

Agreed :)

TheWatcher
January 23, 2007, 07:46 PM
Depending on selectors pattern, I will go for following 15 member squad

1. SN
2. Tamim Iqbal
3. Mehrab Jr.
4. Aftab Ahmed
5. Habibul Bashar
6. Sakib Al Hasan
7. Mohammad Ashraful
8. Khaled Mashud
9. Mohammad Rafiq
10. Abdur Razzak
11. Shahadat Hossain
12. Mashrafee Mortaza
13. Syed Rasel
14. Mushfiqur Rahim
15. Tapash Baisya

I too think this is the team the selectors will go for. I don't like it.

Tamim Iqbal: As I said many times, I don't think the boy is mature enough (it is not only because of his age) to be considered for the national team at this point.

Tapash Vs Sharif: Not sure which one is better. From the part of the Ind-WI match I have seen, I think Indians will find Tapash with his extra pace easier to hit at. If Sharif is as intelligent as people say, he should be more effective to restrain the opposition.

Farhad Reza: He has done well in few ODIs he played. Selectors should not use domestic league as a double standard to chop him out while keeping the rest of the batsmen. We should take him to the Caribbean as an injury cover for the middle order.

My guess is that, like many other so called national team allrounders in the past, Farhad is confused about his role. He should be told to forget about bowling for now and to solely concentrate on his batting.

sadi
January 23, 2007, 08:21 PM
I guess most of the team is pretty much set. Only question remains who would the selectors choose between Tapash and Sharif? I will go with Sharif this time as he performed whenever got a chance and got dropped only because of injury. This kid can bat down the order, and bowl in the death overs. We are missing a bowler who can bowl at the slog overs and he can be a good option.

BangladeshCricket
January 24, 2007, 11:42 AM
I love to see competition. Now we have so many options, that they all will fight for the place...top orders, middle order and third seamers. Both Tapash/Sharif are doing extremely well to make Rasel work hard to prove for that third seamer position.

bdbazar
January 25, 2007, 08:44 AM
Current national team is good for Zimbabwe series. The selector may test Tamim & Sharif in this series. I hope Masud will free from his injury and come back in the WC.
Bye :)

Rokaya
January 25, 2007, 08:52 AM
yap, i thnk so. the selector may test Tamim & Sharif. but Tamim is new in the team, so the selector should take time to examine him.
Oviously, Masud should be back in WC. bcos he is an experienced keeper. but his batting is not as good as his style.
watch all around :p
bye

Miraz
January 25, 2007, 08:57 AM
I guess bdbazar and Roakya are same person with different nick. :)

Whenever bdbazar posts a new thread rokaya is there instantly. ;)

Anyway bdbazar bhai you can post the thread and wait for others to continue it.

SMHasan
January 25, 2007, 11:01 AM
Opening a thread just to say those words? Threads already opened to discuss about the Zimbabwe bound team.Unnecessary.

Nasif
January 25, 2007, 11:59 AM
This is pretty childish; replying your own post!

I will merge it soon with other Zim thread.

Kabir
January 25, 2007, 12:26 PM
Anyway, regardless of what you guys say, I'm completely against the inclusion of the new guys in the team. It's simply ridiculous. At least the selectors should have waited till the WC before bringing any new guys in.

Specially, as many of you have pointed out, Tamim Iqbal simply isn't all that great yet. All he knows is how to sky the ball. He's not that great on any day...he can probably score some 50s in a fluke, but that's it.

IMO, the team for Scotland's visit should have been tried. Although there's a problem with the pitch in Zimbabwe, where our spinners might face some difficulties, I wouldn't rule out their inclusion. Take it more as a practice...not for finding new talents!