PDA

View Full Version : Neo Sports add on WI-ind series: The most disgusting adds I've ever come across in my life!

israr
January 24, 2007, 01:23 PM
I am sorry if I'am sounding too raucous here, but that's the truth. There's pure racism in those adds where West Indians are being mocked. And feel so sorry for the plebian Indian directors and producers of Neo Sports who had come up with such an idea. I don't want to go too far ahead even on commenting those barbaric and probably illiterate actors who agreed to work on such kind of a production. Shows the true character of those ******** **** **** ***** **** ***. Others might think I am just making up some bigoted comments, but please, switch on to Neo Sports and look for yourself to believe it before judging me.

sadi
January 24, 2007, 02:23 PM
Interesting. What is the ad about?

Bancan
January 24, 2007, 03:22 PM
first tell us what they show in the ads please

akabir77
January 24, 2007, 04:05 PM
R ey baba Khali chilla chilli to porey kora jabey agey karon ta to bornona koren.. amra to r shobai dubai thaki na jey NEO sports swtich on korbo...

israr
January 24, 2007, 04:16 PM
Okay, here is one of many:
A West Indian comes to a dhabha, and orders some food. He receives the food but when he tastes it, he finds it to be very spicy. It seemed from the add that the waiter of the dhabha recognized the customer was a West Indian and deliberately added extra spice in his dish . The West Indian couldn't bare it and asked for a glass of water. The waiter pretended that he didn't understand what he was requesting for, and the other workers of the dhabha also joined in the fun of seeing him suffocate. By now, the West Indian was getting restless and he caught the attention of all the other Indians having their meals in the dhabha. He ran to each table gasping:'Water!Water!' but those Indians, seeing that he was the only black and that he was from the Caribbean, refused to satiate his thirst and tried to keep their bottles of water away from him. The worst part of the add was, the young, the old and everyone else present was gaining tremendous pleasure by seeing him thirsty. In one scene, a mother quickly forced her young child already having a mouthful of food to drink the remaining water in the glass on her table and by the time the West Indian accosted her, she started laughing. A very old lady seemed to show some mercy by presenting a glass of water to the West Indian, but later snatched it away and drank all the water and then gave an evil smile, leaving the West Indian eccentric. Finally, he spots a tap from where droplets of water was leaking, and hurriedly rushes his mouth to the opening of the the tap, but when he rotated the tap, there wasn't any water gushing out. He turns back and sees a sturdy Indian man indicating and pointing out with his finger that he has closed the main water supply. After a few seconds, the screen goes black and then it reads on dark bold white letters
' Its Tough for a West Indian in India', where afterwards, they end the advertisement showing the West Indian batsmen struggling against the Indian bowlers.
Now decide for yourself...............

BangladeshFan
January 24, 2007, 04:24 PM
thats funny!!

i wonder how the ad would look like if the west indian is replaced for an australian(white)?

akabir77
January 24, 2007, 04:56 PM
actually that's very funny. I think you are taking it as black and white thing.. and as usal the them was stolen from an us pepsi add where one basball player (barri bond or somebody famous player) went to have taco and the owner recogises him as he was the supporter of the other team so he gave him spicy taco and the guy wanted to have pepse and no one was giving him as he was from the other team etc etc. so i am not sure why you r so angry about...

ialbd
January 24, 2007, 05:32 PM
ad tay ektu sadist bhab ase... but apparently thats what everyone wants to see nowadays. that was my 2 paisa...

Carte Blanche
January 24, 2007, 07:15 PM
I agree with akabir. That ad is quite funny actually. Everyone's so eager to flash the racism card these days. I'd like to see the ad though :)

Imteaz
January 24, 2007, 10:34 PM
I Saw It and The Advertise is Really Disgusting................Because India Always Want to Show that They Play Cricket Very Well, Better than All Other teams..............................Yes They Play very Well but Not Always.

In This Ad. They just Discriminate an West Indian. Yes, It is Funny but It doesn't Make any Sense. You Should not Discriminate anyone Such a Way.....................Here They Discriminate a Total Race. You Cannot Do That.

Have a Nice Time.

gatekeeper
January 24, 2007, 10:37 PM
I wouldn't call it racist just yet, without actually seeing it. But from Israr's description, I'm inclined to believe it is in poor taste and not funny.

It reminds me of an experience I had several years ago. I went to see the movie Platoon when it first came out with a few friends. There was a scene where an american soldier was spraying bullets near the feet of a Vietnamese man or something like that and to avoid the bullets the man was sort jumping around which looked like he was dancing. Much to my dismay there were a lot of people laughing.

Bancan
January 24, 2007, 10:39 PM
o wow i guess the big brother row has affected everyone

Rabz
January 25, 2007, 06:24 AM
from what is sounds like..i reckon its quite funny add...

its like..."you come here... taste our spices..and would have no where to run..you'll beg for your life.."

even though i havent seen the add, i dont find it disgusting or racist...

you guys should have seen the add for BD-Aus matches before we beat Aus in Cardiff '05..
but then again..you'd have to understand the aussie sense of humour....

you might take it as a offense...or just laugh it off as "its all good mate"

SMHasan
January 26, 2007, 09:46 PM
Neo Sports doesn't look professional to me. They have got the responsibility of telecasting Indian matches but yet they have employed some crap commentators. Look at other production teams and look at them. Where cricket is like a religion they should have set a better standard.

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 26, 2007, 09:57 PM
i wish someone could upload the ad's. i dont want to say anything about it without having seeing it myself.