PDA

View Full Version : BD-Zim series live streaming?

roaring tigerz
January 25, 2007, 10:08 PM
The million dollar question: Who is going to stream the upcoming Bd-Zim ODI series? With plenty of matches going on currently, I dont think ESPN-Star or other mainstream broadcasters will cover this series. But hopefully some smaller channels would cover the games. I will depend on web feeds to watch the series. So any information on possible websites showing the games will be most appreciated!

kalpurush
January 26, 2007, 12:36 AM
Isn't Nimbus going to broadcast all BD matches including away series too?

Sauron
January 26, 2007, 10:14 AM
It'd be so nice if Channel-I would show this series. So far they have not said anything. I am keeping my fingers crossed until the knuckles are white.

SMHasan
January 26, 2007, 10:23 AM
Isn't Nimbus going to broadcast all BD matches including away series too?

No. Only home series. ESPNSTAR is able to show the series considering they share their programmes, I mean they can find some free slots to squeeze the series in. But it's up to them!

al Furqaan
January 26, 2007, 10:49 AM
It'd be so nice if Channel-I would show this series. So far they have not said anything. I am keeping my fingers crossed until the knuckles are white.

channel i usually makes the annoucement a few days b4 the series begins, so we still have hope :)

Tigers_eye
January 26, 2007, 10:52 AM
If there is no telecast from Zim how can you guys watch the matches??? :)

I don't think it will be telecasted like last time.

SMHasan
January 26, 2007, 10:56 AM
Last time there was no live feed. Onlinemedia did in few ocassions but it was horrible. STARSPORTS did show in Asia but that was it. Hope this time some one will show in the UK ad USA.

FaridpurChicago
January 26, 2007, 11:01 AM
I don't wach Channel I a lot, still I have been paying dish network hoping they will broadcast BD matches like this. I'm on my faith.

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 26, 2007, 02:23 PM
i am not a subscriber of dish network and i dont pay anyone anything. but i hope dish network/ channel i or someone shows the game so that people who are paying the money can feel happy at the end of the day.

SMHasan
January 29, 2007, 08:22 PM
Any new developments?

Tintin
February 1, 2007, 01:09 AM
ESPNSTAR is able to show the series considering they share their programmes, I mean they can find some free slots to squeeze the series in. But it's up to them!The first and fourth ODIs clash with SAF/Pak in Star Sports. On the same two days, there are also the Australia matches in ESPN. So at the most, we'll get to see the second team bat in ESPN.

ESPN is busy but Star Sports is free on the day of the 2nd ODI while there is no other match on the day of the 3rd match.

kalpurush
February 1, 2007, 09:16 AM
Willow TV might show the series through Direct TV! In Willow's home page they are saying they will broadcast every series played in Zimbabwe.:-D

ialbd
February 1, 2007, 10:31 AM
abar buffering/streaming, link to link click kora shuru.... thats the whole fun right...

SMHasan
February 1, 2007, 11:13 AM
Willow TV might show the series through Direct TV! In Willow's home page they are saying they will broadcast every series played in Zimbabwe.:-D

True. But the fact is they are still silent even though just 2 days to go. Even if they show will the users from Uk be able to access?

MartinW
February 2, 2007, 02:56 AM
I have been following this all week and it seems that after last-ditch negotiations the matches will be covered in Zimbabwe bit nowhere overseas - as late as Tuesday the game was not going to be on TV anywhere. It is also proving very hard to get any journalists into the country to report on the matches as they not only have to get prior approval from the Zimbabwe Media and Information Commission, which takes time, but also pay $600 for the pleasure. Each time.

Nasif
February 2, 2007, 03:03 AM
Thanks for the info Martin. This is really bad news :(, Unless a local BD channel can do some last minute negotiations, we are out of luck from watching it live.

Will CricInfo provide Ball by Ball?

Carte Blanche
February 2, 2007, 04:41 AM
Thanks, as always, MW.

This is really disheartening. Shouldn't there be a sort of mandate by ICC that requires hosting team to arrange broadcast and media matters beforehand in order for the match to qualify as an official ODI? At this age of 21st century it's unthinkable to have an international series taking place without it being broadcast to both home and away participants. I understand the red tapism involved with Zimbo authorities, but how is this acceptable? My frustration lies in that I don't know who to blame for this. Lack of time in arranging the series? BCB for not pressing these matters? Corporate apathy? This is the last stage of our preparation and all eyes are on the team prior to the big occassion. I don't believe lack of interest within the country is an issue for us, or them.

Mohiul
February 2, 2007, 08:57 AM
Hey guys!!!, good news the series is going to be televised by local zimbabwean television. The report in this link (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/zimvbdesh/content/current/story/278609.html)giving us that good news.

from cricinfo
So little interest is there in the series that only this week was it confirmed that there would be television coverage, and even then only inside Zimbabwe.

So, the chance of have streaming facility is there.

battye
February 2, 2007, 08:58 AM
Thanks Martin,

A real shame about the TV coverage. You would think if it is being broadcast locally, it wouldn't be too difficult to beam it into Asia... or at the very least, beam it into South Africa so they could get it into Asia.

Good luck with the Media and Information Commission, I sure hope Cricinfo is able to get some ball-by-ball coverage.

battye
February 2, 2007, 09:01 AM
So, the chance of have streaming facility is there.

I think the chances are low :(

Power is out quite often in Zimbabwe from what I've read. And also, how many people would have broadband fast enough to stream video?

My fingers are crossed that maybe the TV signal can be picked up in South Africa, I'm sure they will have the facilities to either stream it, or get it into Asia by other methods.

SMHasan
February 2, 2007, 09:49 AM
Very sad news indeed. I can't believe that no tv channel from Bangladesh is showing interest to show this series. At least the state run BTV should have tried to show the matches.

As our beloved team is playing someone from Bangladesh should take the initiative otherwise there is no hope that any foreign media will do it for us. I don't know whether Bangladesh authorities are thinking about this or not.

In India their board BCCI always think about the public interest, they always make sure that the games are not only aired but also availabe to each of it's citizen. But what a pity that we are deprived of what we should be getting of.

Orpheus
February 2, 2007, 03:03 PM
I think the chances are low :(

Power is out quite often in Zimbabwe from what I've read. And also, how many people would have broadband fast enough to stream video?

My fingers are crossed that maybe the TV signal can be picked up in South Africa, I'm sure they will have the facilities to either stream it, or get it into Asia by other methods.
When you guys write, do you guys just type whatever comes out without brain input?

Local channel in Zimbabwe braodcasts, somebody (a bangla cricket member?) in South Africa gets the signal and relays it to another Bangla cricket member in Japan. The guy in Japan then decides to put the whole match up online so everybody can watch it Live:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::fla g::flag:.....

Bangladeshis UNITE!

Beamer
February 2, 2007, 03:55 PM
Very sad turn of events then. I was hoping against hope that somehow we will be able to watch the series. Who knows, maybe at the last second, someone will provide the feed.

kalimdor
February 3, 2007, 12:15 AM
copied from cricinfo article Familiar Foes Face Up

And so Bangladesh have made another grueling trip, via Doha and Johannesburg, to Harare. At least their travels end there as all four matches are being played at the one venue. Bulawayo, which usually gets a slice of the spoils, is off the itinerary. The country's desperate fuel shortages are a major factor in the equation. So little interest is there in the series that only this week was it confirmed that there would be television coverage, and even then only inside Zimbabwe. That's as long as viewers can follow the flow between power cuts.

series
February 3, 2007, 01:16 AM
friends check this out. its written the may show the match.
http://www.livesportsonline.info/

Carte Blanche
February 3, 2007, 03:23 AM
That site doesn't even list Bangladesh as a test nation.:ticking:

battye
February 3, 2007, 04:29 AM
When you guys write, do you guys just type whatever comes out without brain input?

Local channel in Zimbabwe braodcasts, somebody (a bangla cricket member?) in South Africa gets the signal and relays it to another Bangla cricket member in Japan. The guy in Japan then decides to put the whole match up online so everybody can watch it Live

Uh, did you bother to even read my post? You basically repeated what I said: "My fingers are crossed that maybe the TV signal can be picked up in South Africa, I'm sure they will have the facilities to either stream it, or get it into Asia by other methods."

Orpheus
February 3, 2007, 07:51 AM
Uh, did you bother to even read my post? You basically repeated what I said: "My fingers are crossed that maybe the TV signal can be picked up in South Africa, I'm sure they will have the facilities to either stream it, or get it into Asia by other methods."

You are funny! Is it because you are not Bengali or are you that retarded?

bapzmania
February 3, 2007, 07:56 AM
can anyone tell when the match is going to start according to BD time.........

battye
February 3, 2007, 08:03 AM
Is it because you are not Bengali

Probably. I'm not sure what you are trying to say, maybe I missed the Bangladeshi humour http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

israr
February 3, 2007, 08:19 AM
can anyone tell when the match is going to start according to BD time.........

AT 1300 hours, according to Bangladesh time.

SMHasan
February 3, 2007, 09:31 AM
You are funny! Is it because you are not Bengali or are you that retarded?

I think you said the same thing as Battye said.

kalpurush
February 3, 2007, 12:44 PM
friends check this out. its written the may show the match.
http://www.livesportsonline.info/

series: Welcome to BC. We hope you would enjoy your stay at BC.
Anyway, which "series" you are?! The current one Zim vs BD?!!:-D

sadi
February 3, 2007, 01:13 PM
I guess Orphe just missed Battye's first post. LOL.

kalpurush
February 3, 2007, 04:02 PM
I guess Orphe just missed Battye's first post. LOL.

Nop! He didn't!! Uta chilo bangattok (dear Orphe's first post regarding this!)!!!;)

habfreak
February 3, 2007, 05:33 PM
Probably. I'm not sure what you are trying to say, maybe I missed the Bangladeshi humour http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif
I'm as Bangladeshi as one can possibly be...even I don't get what he is saying here...so u don't have anything to worry abt!:) ...by the way..it's nice to see non-Bangladeshi fans on this forum..as long as they are respectful to us and we are to them! keep up the good work bro...

sunniath
February 3, 2007, 05:49 PM
according to prothom-alo,there is almost zero possibility to watch the first game on tv.channel i is trying to broadcast it.but due to administrative red tape with btv,channel i hasnt been able to strike a deal with zim tv.

SMHasan
February 3, 2007, 09:02 PM
According to Prothom-Alo Channel I was trying to telecast the series through Zim Television but there are restrictions from BTV. There is a so called law that no channel can televise anything from foreign without the permission of the state run BTV. Now the situation is BTV hasn't decided anything about this series and they havn't permitted Channel I to go ahead and telecast it. Look how selfish they are! They won't show it and now they are not allowing anyone to show. This is just ridiculous.

I am really ennoyed and just wana kill BTV. This incident proved again that there is lack of patriotism in BTV. They always think about money. This a state run television so if they have to give away certain amount of money and telecast the series then let it be. The government will pay for it but no one else!But we know they are not gonna do it. Bunch of selfish people.

Farhad
February 3, 2007, 09:11 PM
That really is sad.....But we're still not sure whether Zim wud accept it in the first place. Now that this has happened, im really hoping they wouldnt.

SMHasan
February 3, 2007, 10:28 PM
Cricinfo removed the live match link form it's forthcoming coverage section. Things are looking very bad. Dhurr.

Aritro
February 3, 2007, 10:44 PM
They'll happily provide coverage of matches involving Bermuda and the bloody Netherlands but they can't extend the same service to a series involving two Test playing nations?

Pack of clowns.

rashik007
February 3, 2007, 11:34 PM
I think there is still hope that LSO will telecast the game it says there on their schedule

fan_frm_the_uk
February 4, 2007, 10:57 AM
BTV will show the last 3 ODIs. source bangladesherkhela.com

nightwatchman
February 4, 2007, 11:53 AM
According to Prothom-Alo Channel I was trying to telecast the series through Zim Television but there are restrictions from BTV. There is a so called law that no channel can televise anything from foreign without the permission of the state run BTV. Now the situation is BTV hasn't decided anything about this series and they havn't permitted Channel I to go ahead and telecast it. Look how selfish they are! They won't show it and now they are not allowing anyone to show. This is just ridiculous.

I am really ennoyed and just wana kill BTV. This incident proved again that there is lack of patriotism in BTV. They always think about money. This a state run television so if they have to give away certain amount of money and telecast the series then let it be. The government will pay for it but no one else!But we know they are not gonna do it. Bunch of selfish people.

I am so happy all the criminals from both parties are being caught by this government..
I think they dshould look into BTV

kalpurush
February 4, 2007, 01:33 PM
I am so happy all the criminals from both parties are being caught by this government..
I think they dshould look into BTV

Soon you would find them (BTV Mafia gang) where they belongs!

israr
February 4, 2007, 01:45 PM
What about Channel i

sunniath
February 4, 2007, 02:10 PM
btv is going to broadcast the rest of the series.now the question is how to get the feed.

Farhad
February 4, 2007, 03:41 PM
yeah......daruchini or the other site, whatever it was, livefrombd or sumthing, do they show live feed from btv???

SMHasan
February 4, 2007, 03:55 PM
btv is going to broadcast the rest of the series.now the question is how to get the feed.

Source please.

cricket_pagol
February 4, 2007, 03:59 PM
Are bhai live telecast... live ball by ball commentry holeo hobe!!!

SMHasan
February 4, 2007, 09:02 PM
If BTV does then I think BTV World will do as well since there is a very little probability any other channel will complain about the right issue. Then the good news is that daruchini.com got BTV World feed. So lets wait and see what happens.

sunniath
February 4, 2007, 11:47 PM
Source please.
read it on today's prothom-alo.

SMHasan
February 5, 2007, 10:44 AM
read it on today's prothom-alo.

No info about live telecasting on todays prothom-alo. Would you kindly tell me exactly where it says so?