PDA

View Full Version : Nathan Astle retires ahead of World Cup!!

Tigers_eye
January 26, 2007, 05:07 PM
Is it me or is there something in the air down at down under?? 1st Tresco quits, now Astle. Must say, the awesome aussies not only humiliates teams but also makes sure the scar is so deep that the strongest of the souls would crumble. :)

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/cbs/content/current/story/277665.html

The current fastest double centurion has decided to quit affecting immidiately. He was a main stay for the Kiwis. So now they will have a harder time after the world cup to rebuild their team (once Flemming calls it quit). I see BD closing the gap fast.

Some Nathan's stat:
16 ODI centuries. (More than Viv Richards or Gilchirst)
7090 ODI runs in 223 innings averaging 34.92.
Fastest double century in test.
4702 runs averaging 37.02 in 81 matches.

He is 35. This would have been his 4th WC had he continued.

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 26, 2007, 06:50 PM
Did the aussie team give him some death threat? Or did they offer him citizenship?

ialbd
January 26, 2007, 07:25 PM
nooooooooooo he was my fav kiwi (since I started understanding cricket)..... well fav cricketer from down under I guess, cuz dont like any aussies....

time flies.....

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 26, 2007, 07:51 PM
todonto kora uchit. akta package prostab dawa uchit astle ke, jate kore tini tar mot paltan. haire amader desheo gutaileo podottag kore na ar aikhane karon charai podottag kore...ki ajob...

Imteaz
January 27, 2007, 10:37 PM
Javed Omer Belim should Learn Something from Him.

It is Sad that We will never see Astle anymore. Wish him Good Luck for His Next Innings.

Kabir
January 28, 2007, 12:09 AM
This is one person who I've always had fun watching. Will miss his innings...really one of the best NZ player.

Miraz
January 28, 2007, 06:14 AM
Nathan in his days could destroy any opposition. I still remember his explosive double ton (222 runs in 168 balls) against England in Christchurch.

Good luck to him for his next mission.

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 29, 2007, 02:40 PM
Yeah hats of to Nathan Astle. What a great player he was. Unfortunately the media, dont find the NZ team that interesting that the Indian or the Aussie or British team. This is why no matter how good they are, they will never be covered that much. Media is concerned more about useless players such as Shewag!!! Well its all about money my friend. Its all about that money!!!

cricketboy
February 11, 2007, 01:51 AM
He is one of the best ODI batsman to play for New Zealand.

Xavier
February 12, 2007, 06:05 AM
I wonder how come that such a great cricketer feels "lack of motivation" 1 month before the world cup... respect for his choice, anyway.
More trouble for NZ as their usual n.11 in odi, pacer Kyle Mills will be absent for long time for injury.

Bancan
February 12, 2007, 05:38 PM
wow. i remember that double century. it was amazing. dang it . i hate it when players like him leave