PDA

View Full Version : why hasnt junaied been given a chance ???

Fortuner
January 27, 2007, 06:09 AM
guys...
why do u think junaied hasnt been given chance whn we saw junaied is technically much better than tamim...

the last match of 20\20 which we saw both the batsman performing....junaied rokked...

is is that the selectors dont give a damn to the technique of a player rather than the scoring....

rah
January 27, 2007, 06:16 AM
seriously
we need a new selecrion committee
badly

Rubu
January 27, 2007, 10:45 AM
Zunaed who?

Orion
January 27, 2007, 11:11 AM
Zunaed still has problems with fielding and running between wickets. He is very young and a few good knocks in domestic cricket shouldn't make him an automatic choice for natl. team. He should play in the league and perform consistently for atleast three more years and improve his fielding to be considered a part of N. Team.

kalpurush
January 27, 2007, 11:28 AM
Zunaed still has problems with fielding and running between wickets. He is very young and a few good knocks in domestic cricket shouldn't make him an automatic choice for natl. team. He should play in the league and perform consistently for atleast three more years and improve his fielding to be considered a part of N. Team.

ditto!:up:

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 27, 2007, 12:01 PM

thank you orion for making it clear. seriously we should not keep jumping at every player we see. how old is he? i dont think much. let him prove.

al Furqaan
January 27, 2007, 12:02 PM
no need to rush the zunaids or the imtiazs now...we have done that enough in the last 6 years.

now we have a reasonably competitive unit, lets stick with and see what happens in a few years time.

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 27, 2007, 12:06 PM
once again u r right Furqaan bhai. I mean we already have a pretty stable line up. too much adding and subtracting i dont think will do either to the team or to the player. two or three new players at a time. not 7 new players and 7 old players. that will never take us anywhere.

AsifTheManRahman
January 27, 2007, 01:09 PM
i think even tamim's inclusion was a bit rushed, but i guess we didn't have too many choices for a third opener.

Farhad
January 27, 2007, 03:16 PM
guys...
why do u think junaied hasnt been given chance whn we saw junaied is technically much better than tamim...

the last match of 20\20 which we saw both the batsman performing....junaied rokked...

Junaid???Now?!? People were saying that we were talking about tamims inclusion too early, after he played well for more than 6 matches. This guy hasnt even close to that (yet).

I dont like it when ppl jump on the opportunity to criticize the selection commity, IMO all their decisions were right on the money in this series. As for them choosing Tamim "only for his performance". What in the world are they supposed to choose them on anyway??!?! Id take a guy hu can score hundreds over a guy who is technically correct anyday!

Kabir
January 27, 2007, 03:39 PM
Pointless. Simply pointless. We can never be happy with anything...we always need new and new and more new stuff. This isn't like computers...that a two year old machine can be disposed off coz now there's a newer machine. Simply pointless.

I don't even agree with Tamim's inclusion, let alone Zunaid and Imtiaz. At least not before the WC...it's a major event. Not a joke like many take it as.

cricketboy
January 27, 2007, 05:32 PM
guys...

is is that the selectors dont give a damn to the technique of a player rather than the scoring....

Man you want to include Junaid based on a single 20-20 tournament or at the most one season's performance. Tamim Iqbal was early but atleast he was in the selector's frame for 1-2 years but Junaid is absolutly new. It is a national team not a experimental place to try out new players. Junaid should probably play against England A.

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 27, 2007, 07:51 PM
Pointless. Simply pointless. We can never be happy with anything...we always need new and new and more new stuff. This isn't like computers...that a two year old machine can be disposed off coz now there's a newer machine. Simply pointless.

I don't even agree with Tamim's inclusion, let alone Zunaid and Imtiaz. At least not before the WC...it's a major event. Not a joke like many take it as.

true. very true. as i have said this in another post also. we are preparing for the WC not a tri series with malaysia and thailand. this is not the time to bring new ones. its the time to develope and nurture what we have already got. too many changes is just going to be overwhelming for the players who are already in the team. because it takes time to adjust with new players on the field and outside the field too. and too many new players at this stage is not going to give the players enough time to adjust.

Tokyobreeze
January 27, 2007, 10:43 PM
Let Zunaed play series of good knocks for A Team before rushing him into National Team.England A is coming and I guess he will be in the team.Lets see how consistent he performs.

As the position is opener, we need consistency more than anything.And, just few good scores in league doesn't prove anything about the mental strength which is a must for outing as a part of National Team.

We have a quite good unit now.Players are performing and keeping their place showing consistency (except some green-card players...anyways, lets not get in there).So, this is time we start grooming the next round of players through careful aproach.

Summary is, lets give him more time to become consistent and stable in the next level. A Team, not just in league.

cricket_king
January 27, 2007, 10:45 PM
Junaid???Now?!? People were saying that we were talking about tamims inclusion too early, after he played well for more than 6 matches. This guy hasnt even close to that (yet).

I dont like it when ppl jump on the opportunity to criticize the selection commity, IMO all their decisions were right on the money in this series. As for them choosing Tamim "only for his performance". What in the world are they supposed to choose them on anyway??!?! Id take a guy hu can score hundreds over a guy who is technically correct anyday!

I second that. :) Tamim was also rushed in but obviously we didnt have many choices for a third opener as Asiftheman said.

Let's just leave this guy to play league matches for another 2 or 3 yrs and then, and ONLY then, do we consider him for the national side.

BangladeshFan
January 28, 2007, 07:16 AM
people are talking about playing in league for years and improve fielding before being considered!! give me a break. are we talking about bangladesh or australia?

we dont have talents in plenty even though many members here actually believe that. can u name even 3 bd players who can play as match winners againts big teams?? thus we shouldnt be too choosy when we can spot a talent. out of interest, how many years mehrab junior has played in bd leagues since he looks like an auto choice now? we are taking this tortoise to the WC who will probably eat up most of those powerplay deliveries on good batting wickets. the more he will stay on wicket the slimmer bd chance will be to cause an upset. and bd will come back home thinking beating bermuda is an achievement.

Farhad
January 28, 2007, 11:20 AM
people are talking about playing in league for years and improve fielding before being considered!! give me a break. are we talking about bangladesh or australia?

we dont have talents in plenty even though many members here actually believe that. can u name even 3 bd players who can play as match winners againts big teams?? thus we shouldnt be too choosy when we can spot a talent. out of interest, how many years mehrab junior has played in bd leagues since he looks like an auto choice now? we are taking this tortoise to the WC who will probably eat up most of those powerplay deliveries on good batting wickets. the more he will stay on wicket the slimmer bd chance will be to cause an upset. and bd will come back home thinking beating bermuda is an achievement.

I know what your saying, 3 years does seem a bit long (for bangladesh), but the fact remains that our teams experimented the most (by far) during the last five years. And it only works out about 20 % of the time. You understand why ppl want to keep one fixed team until something actually goes wrong (and stays like that), dont you?

akabir77
January 28, 2007, 11:30 AM

And there lies the problem my friend. Bd fans thinks that BD is australia and can beat anyone. where as they forgot in last WC we lost to canada. Anyway The team plan is to have a mix with stroke player and some one to hold the fort so that we don't get bowled out in 30 overs. So even if he doesn't score if he can be there till 20 overs that will increase our chance to score 200+ by 80% where as in last WC we couldn't even score 200+ against any big teams... SO like it or not we still r not in a position to play all stroke players like aussiss do...

ialbd
January 28, 2007, 01:45 PM
hmm interesting, agey opener er obhabe we had to opt for golla, and now all we can find is openers !!! moha musibbot....

Kabir
January 28, 2007, 01:56 PM
hmm interesting, agey opener er obhabe we had to opt for golla, and now all we can find is openers !!! moha musibbot....

Bhai Ishtiaq, emon jodi hoito je amra solid opener pachi, taile ekta kotha chilo. Amra opener pawar ashay lafachi...ke bhalo korbe r ke na korbe tar kono khobor nai. It's more like the SLA problem...ekhon jai pai tai SLA.

nobody
January 28, 2007, 09:51 PM
What happened to Mr Klusner? First Fahim as a legend then arguing for Junaid. I watch the 20/20. He played better than Tamim. But lets face it that was one off. Yesterday he failed. So should we drop him from consideration. No but then why rush him after one performance

cricketboy
January 29, 2007, 02:21 PM
Junaid is a great prospect and we need to groom him properly. He needs to play against ENgland A.

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 29, 2007, 02:32 PM
ashole junaid khubi choto. akdomi bachha. oke nite chaisilo. kintu or ma farqueke phone kore bolse. bhai amar bachhatake akhono shokal bela nasta khaway dite hoi. eka eka khete pare na. tai oke dole nai nai.

Fazal
January 29, 2007, 03:13 PM
ashole junaid khubi choto. akdomi bachha. oke nite chaisilo. kintu or ma farqueke phone kore bolse. bhai amar bachhatake akhono shokal bela nasta khaway dite hoi. eka eka khete pare na. tai oke dole nai nai.

http://www.dinf.ne.jp/doc/english/global/david/dwe002/dwe002g/dwe00238g39.gif
junaid o tar Ma.......

zia
January 29, 2007, 04:38 PM
Well, in Bangladesh it all depends on who you are. Not undermining Tamim but Junaid, if he were in Tamim's shoes might not have gotten a call for national team. I could be wrong. But I can surely say one thing - Junaid seemed to me more techinically sound than Tamim. What do you guys say?

Fortuner
January 30, 2007, 04:15 PM
Well, in Bangladesh it all depends on who you are. Not undermining Tamim but Junaid, if he were in Tamim's shoes might not have gotten a call for national team. I could be wrong. But I can surely say one thing - Junaid seemed to me more techinically sound than Tamim. What do you guys say?
....gud 2 see ya think d same way like me....
bd slectrs dnt give a damn to d technique coz wehv seen batsman like sarkar, ehsanul haq n so who got bad technique come in where as batsmans like junaied...dnt make....
bcb wants to follow ACB but dnt noe hw much they follow....

bdbazar_com
January 30, 2007, 04:18 PM
I haven't seen them play yet but I guess zunaid needs more time to mature himself.

Fortuner
January 30, 2007, 04:32 PM
What happened to Mr Klusner? First Fahim as a legend then arguing for Junaid. I watch the 20/20. He played better than Tamim. But lets face it that was one off. Yesterday he failed. So should we drop him from consideration. No but then why rush him after one performance

Fahim was jst4fun but junaied is sure bttr than tamim......technique is wht mattrs d mst...tamim we saw aint that gr8...junaied has a bttr technique

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 30, 2007, 11:09 PM
i am actually not sure where we saw tamim yet? and how one or a few more games played by junaid proved that he has a good technique and is worth for the national team? anyway thank you Fazal bhai, for the visualization of Junaid and his mom at the breakfast table. i appreciate your hard work.

nobody
January 30, 2007, 11:17 PM
L-C,
if technique is so important than Shehwag, Jaya would not get the chance to play or own a test triple hundred? It is important but no so important as many of us believe. At top level mental toughness is much more important than all these.
Junaid is unknown quantity on this and Tamim has little from my understanding of his performance in U19 w/c

Farhad
January 31, 2007, 01:03 PM
Technique is the most important????Youve got to be kidding!

zia
January 31, 2007, 05:18 PM
Well, lets see. Time will prove who is better. But for now lets hope that Tamim justifies his selection.

FaltuRidwanBhai
February 1, 2007, 01:23 AM
ji ami asha korbo,
tamim tini tar chachar namer shubichar korte parben. tar boro bhaike niyeo amar onek asha chilo. tobe tini amar shai asha puron korte parenni. asha kori tini parben. ebong khan bongsher morjadake tini aro barate shokkhom hoben. dhannabad.

cricket_king
February 1, 2007, 02:36 AM
Fahim was jst4fun but junaied is sure bttr than tamim......technique is wht mattrs d mst...tamim we saw aint that gr8...junaied has a bttr technique

Dude c'mon! this is ridiculous! u want junaed in the team because of a few 20/20 performances? Tamim shouldnt be in there let alone junaed. Yeah sure he has a great technique but HE'S JUST NOT READY YET! and i dont think tamim is either. :hairpull:

But if i had to choose between the two, i would pick tamim due to his remarkable consistency lately.

And secondly, technique does not matter the most. Are u saying sehwag and gilchrist have a great technique? They go in their to beat the hell out of the bowling attacks. That's exactly the kind of player i believe is required in that #2 position.

FaltuRidwanBhai
February 1, 2007, 04:25 PM
i seriously admire lance klusner. he is so creative with his thread ideas. i mean seriously i can never come up with such exclusive useless topics even if i tried to. lets see what is klusener's next thread is about.