PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh Vs England

Imteaz
January 27, 2007, 10:10 PM
According to Current ODI form Bangladesh is Passing the Best form of our Cricket History and England is Passing One of The Worse form of Their Cricket History. If Both of the Team has got Their Best 11 to Play and An One Day International Series Held on a Neutral Venue and Neutral Condition, Who will Win That Series? What will be The Result?

Please Cast Your Vote and Put Comments.

cricket_king
January 27, 2007, 10:39 PM
What is this thread exactly for? I mean we're not playing england are we? :confused:

Imteaz
January 27, 2007, 10:41 PM
What is this thread exactly for? I mean we're not playing england are we? :confused:

No, We are not Playing or Going to Play. This Thread is Just to Judge Our Team Condition, Our Strength and Our Possibility against a Test Team.

kalpurush
January 28, 2007, 04:34 AM
Though I have voted for England's 3-2 win against BD, I think in reality the result might be different depending on pitch condition, weather, country etc. If the series takes place in Asia or in Australia...England might lose the series to BD!! Aamader spinner er Aussie dorshok ra aamader turuper tas hoye dekha ditey parey!!!:-D

Hasib
January 28, 2007, 05:41 AM
Well, I guess we can always hope for an upset in one of those matches can't we?

wiseshah
January 28, 2007, 11:21 AM
i think bangladesh should play more matches with England and India in this days, so we can win more and build our strong base. BCB should think abt it. lets beat ENGLAND

akabir77
January 28, 2007, 11:34 AM
No, We are not Playing or Going to Play. This Thread is Just to Judge Our Team Condition, Our Strength and Our Possibility against a Test Team.

And how exactly u r doing that? From Fans vote, what people thinks when most of us r watching the game through INTERNET and have no or minimum cricketing background and knowledge?

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 28, 2007, 12:25 PM
Well, I guess we can always hope for an upset in one of those matches can't we?

yes and i think thats the maximum that we can expect. its true england is going through a bad patch. but still there is a huge gap. just cuz we are doing our best and they are doing their worst doesnt mean that we are now better than them!!!!

kalpurush
January 28, 2007, 06:37 PM
yes and i think thats the maximum that we can expect. its true england is going through a bad patch. but still there is a huge gap. just cuz we are doing our best and they are doing their worst doesnt mean that we are now better than them!!!!

Agreed, but, untill we aren't palying against them...we don't know who is the better one in current form! Anything could happen...even we might lose the series adding another whitewash!!:(

Imteaz
January 28, 2007, 10:12 PM
And how exactly u r doing that? From Fans vote, what people thinks when most of us r watching the game through INTERNET and have no or minimum cricketing background and knowledge?

Don't You Think, It will also Expose our Cricket Knowledge?:saint:

karimjay.
January 29, 2007, 06:50 PM
Not really.

TheWatcher
January 29, 2007, 08:06 PM
Yeah, we need to start a seperate section for fantasy cricket.

cricketboy
January 30, 2007, 12:56 AM
Just look at ENgland XI curently playing!!! Nearly all of them didnt play ODI about few years back except Flintoff and COllingwood. :p

karimjay.
January 30, 2007, 03:22 AM
Just look at ENgland XI curently playing!!! Nearly all of them didnt play ODI about few years back except Flintoff and COllingwood. :p

How about Bell and Strauss?

Spitfire_x86
January 30, 2007, 03:29 AM
England 5-0. Flintoff will single handedly kill us in four of them (form doesn't matter against Bangladesh). The others are more than good enough for 1 ODI.

kfirooz
January 30, 2007, 05:54 AM
England 5-0. Flintoff will single handedly kill us in four of them (form doesn't matter against Bangladesh). The others are more than good enough for 1 ODI.

Agree, to any established team its a prestige issue losing to a newcomer and specially to one that has not proven much in 20 years of ODI history. England will try to raise their game and may even think of regaining their winning touch by giving the smaller opponent a good thrash.

cricketboy
January 30, 2007, 02:48 PM
How about Bell and Strauss?
Maybe Strauss has some experience but even Bell is comparatively new.

ialbd
January 30, 2007, 03:16 PM
chai 5-0, hobey 0-5 for BD, in neutral venue that is

deshe khela holey 2-3r probability onek

afrina
January 31, 2007, 02:52 PM
chai 5-0, hobey 0-5 for BD, in neutral venue that is

deshe khela holey 2-3r probability onek

Good thinking.

cricketboy
January 31, 2007, 11:16 PM
The problem with Bangladesh is when we are on top in any match we let the pressure go and once it goes we cant get it back like the match against Australia in Fatullah. At this moment Engliah boys are superior to us in terms of ability but future of Bangladesh looks bright with players like Junaid, Imtiaz, and Enamul(Jr).

FaltuRidwanBhai
February 1, 2007, 01:04 AM
jai hok akti kalponik series ar chintabhabna niye kintu chomotkar bhabe agiye jacchi ai threadti. ami ai threadti jeno bhobisshote aro boro hote pare ai kamona korchi. dhannabad.

FaltuRidwanBhai
February 1, 2007, 01:08 AM

yes it is true. but english players are not like bangladeshi players. they just dont get chance into the team just after scoring a few fifties. they have to perform constantly for a long time in the county before they can even think about coming into the national team. not many english players has the luck tamim iqbal has. if tamim was british then who knows how long he had to play to get into the national team. so maybe only flintoff and collingwood are the ones with a lot of experience but dont underestimate the others. those guys have been playing for a long time. they are more pyschologically fit then our players.

PoorFan
February 2, 2007, 01:32 AM
Every team looks weak before any series scheduled against us, when it comes to close to real, all they start to get their form back, even get better after playing us :hairpull: . See how India is getting their form back!, just before we play in WC!

I am sure England will be no exception, when it matters.

cricket_pagol
February 2, 2007, 03:45 AM
England just scored 297 against the Aussies, in Australia. I think we started the thread too early.

Carte Blanche
February 2, 2007, 04:33 AM

Judge? No.

Everyone's speculating at this point. If you compare the relative strengths, almost nobody will settle for a less than 0-5 whitewash prediction. Now if you're fishing for an inspiring, albeit improbable, prophecy, I salute your optimism.

Rabz
February 2, 2007, 07:43 AM
Lolz..there you go..one more emotionally charged crazy fan talking...

mate..just cuz the Poms are getting beaten against the Aussies does not mean they would loose to BD as well... OH!! Flashing news... those damn poms just beaten Australia... only a few hours ago..

and who you kidding mate?? all we managed to beat is Zims, Kenya and Scots... good for us!! dont jump into conclusion that we would go on and beat England on a 5 match series... look at Champions trophy... we couldnt even manage to fight against the real teams.. the big boys when the tournament was held in right next door..

As much as i would love to see that..it aint happening any time soon....

As mentioned by someone before..we should seriously consider a "fantasy cricket" section in this forum.... looks like some people are just getting carried away too easily... everytime a team is getting beaten by some other big boy.... a thread pops up asking if we could beat 'em or not...

get real...

orzoon
February 2, 2007, 08:28 AM
Everyone's speculating at this point. If you compare the relative strengths, almost nobody will settle for a less than 0-5 whitewash prediction. Now if you're fishing for an inspiring, albeit improbable, prophecy, I salute your optimism.

heh heh ,eto kotha bollen ,tarpore vote dilen "Bangladesh will Win 4-1 ", apni ki 0-5 , BD er favore mean korechen ....chaliye jaan;)

Carte Blanche
February 2, 2007, 10:56 AM
Yeah, I was tampering with the poll to make it look absurd. Looks like others had the same idea too :D

FaltuRidwanBhai
February 2, 2007, 11:37 AM
well seems like warfaze and lance klusner is the creater of all these wild threads. plz guys dont start jumping next time. it wont take you anywhere. this is cricket. they way you guys open threads really doesnt seem that you understand the game that well. otherwise there was no reason u would open such a useless thread. next time come up with some better ones, which has values.

Tigers_eye
February 2, 2007, 11:44 AM
Flashing news:
The match England won Ponting and Lee (8 overs 8 runs in the last match :))didn't play. :) GilChrist had a 1st ball duck. :)

I love fantasy Cricket. In my fantasy, I beat even Australia by 200 runs or 10 wickets almost everyday. And for team India, they can't even put up a score of 25 against BD. Won the WC so many times. Destroyed SA, embarrased WI, and shouted "what's my name chump?" on the poms.

FaltuRidwanBhai
February 2, 2007, 11:47 AM
hahaa,
wat time do you play this fantasy cricket tigers_eye? plz take warfaze next time with you too. i am sure he will enjoy it too.

Xavier
February 2, 2007, 12:00 PM
yes it is true. but english players are not like bangladeshi players. they just dont get chance into the team just after scoring a few fifties. they have to perform constantly for a long time in the county before they can even think about coming into the national team. not many english players has the luck tamim iqbal has. if tamim was british then who knows how long he had to play to get into the national team. so maybe only flintoff and collingwood are the ones with a lot of experience but dont underestimate the others. those guys have been playing for a long time. they are more pyschologically fit then our players.

IMO that's the biggest problem for bangladeshi cricketers... lack of experience and getting used to play to stronger opponents constantly, it's not a question of lack of talent.
btw it looks to me that sometimes you bagladeshi fans are too humble: in the last couple of years you beat India, Australia and Sri Lanka in one day games... I don't think it was only luck... a ODI series to England in Bangladesh would be a hard-fought one, I guess.

Carte Blanche
February 2, 2007, 12:09 PM
I don't think we're just "humble". We're just cautious about our learning curve. We're also aware that we haven't earned the right to be cocky just yet. I think you may have already noticed that we now smack talk against Zimbos and Kenya after only 2 series wins. It's true that the gap between us and them is widening, but now we get an idea of how the other teams felt about us before we caused a few banana slips. I'm not calling our wins flukes, my point is just that we still don't stand a 33% chance of winning a series against any other test nation. We'll continue to be humble till that day comes. Besides, being humble is a Bengali thing, my Italian friend :)

Xavier
February 2, 2007, 12:21 PM
Besides, being humble is a Bengali thing, my Italian friend :)

I appreciate that in people...:) but it could be a useless attitude at sport... sometimes you need a bit of self-confidence.
Bangladesh cricket is slowly getting better and I think that if your cricketers can constantly play to the big names (not only ODI series to Zimbabwe) in a 5-10 years time Bangladesh could be on same level with Pakistan... trust me it will happen! :up:

Sovik
February 10, 2007, 04:18 AM
anyone still believe that we can beat england. we are struggling against zimbabwe at the moment. and england has beaten aussies in 1st CB final