PDA

View Full Version : Mohammad Sharif is uncertain for Zimbabwe tour due to shoulder injury.

Miraz
January 28, 2007, 05:53 PM
According to Ajker kagoj (http://www.ajkerkagoj.com/2007/Jan29/sports.html#5) Mohammad Sharif is uncertain for the Zimbabwe tour due to shoulder injury. It is the same injury which kept him out for five years. Sharif felt shoulder pain after bowling just 15 balls in the practice. According to Ashraful, captain of Sonargaon Cricketers, Sharif is uncertain for todays clash with Indira Road.

National physio, Paul Close (or clause? ) mentioned that, if Sharif fails to play in todays match, he will be declared unfit. Sharif is trying to use hot bag on the shoulder for healing as Paul has not prescribed anything for him.

It is really very unfortunate situation for Sharif. I hope and pray, he will be OK in todays match and can travel to Zimbabwe without injury.

AsifTheManRahman
January 28, 2007, 06:01 PM
suffers five years, comes back, gets into the national team, and goes out injured without playing a match. very unfortunate, especially if the last bit comes true.

cricket_king
January 28, 2007, 06:10 PM
ohhhhh maaaan! :(
thats the last thing we needed! Defintely very unpleasant news.
Let's hope he can recover before zimbabwe tour

kalpurush
January 28, 2007, 06:29 PM
Hay-re kopal!:hairpull:
Ekeyi boley bhaggo!!:(
Hope he recovers from injury soon to join the Zim bound squad.

Farhad
January 28, 2007, 06:51 PM
That is truly sad...........................

BD Tigers
January 28, 2007, 07:46 PM
Sharif was out for 5 years because of groin injury not shoulder. But either way this is indeed a bad news for him and for the team. Hopefully he will get better soon.

sadi
January 28, 2007, 08:51 PM
If he cant make the zimbabwe tour, it will probably take him out from the World cup consideration also.

Kabir
January 28, 2007, 09:00 PM
If he cant make the zimbabwe tour, it will probably take him out from the World cup consideration also.

That's the logical thing to guess at this moment.

Imteaz
January 28, 2007, 09:50 PM
If the News is True, It is a Very Sad Thing for Sharif as well as for Bangladesh....................He is a Good Bowler.

nsd3
January 28, 2007, 10:36 PM
Sharif may get a chance to WC if he shows continued success in the ongoing league when national crickets will be in Zimbabwe. Let's hope for the best for the national team.

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 28, 2007, 10:41 PM
jaihok,
shariff,
injury jeno tar chaya. asha korbo tini ai kothati proman korte bertho hoben ebong abaro dole fire ashben. dhannabad.

Tintin
January 29, 2007, 02:39 AM
(badly phrased but with a fairly obvious answer).

Khalid Hasan of Pakistan (http://cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Players/0/991/991.html ) holds what record in Test cricket which may get improved by Sharif (http://cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Players/24/24337/24337.html ) if he continues to be unlucky ?

billah
January 29, 2007, 03:33 AM
Just a wake up call. Reality bites, people. Sorry to disappoint a good many of you. But, in today's Bangladesh cricket, the following ideas are simply suicidal, immature, hot headed, out-of-question and farcical:

Considering Sharif to be a part of our pacer attack in WC.

Leaving out Pilot, and putting the boy in at WC. Why not just tell Mashrafee and Rajib to jump off the third floor balcony of Mirpur Stadium?

Not considering Farhad Reza.

Not sending the real core team out, so that they get most match practice. They are sending out the A team, so the real team does well in WC? WTF !!!

Have we all gone mad? At this late stage, who needs the match practice? Masud? or Rahim? !!! Or, do some of you think Rahim will turn into a Pilot in the Zimbabwe tour? Pilot is one of the best WK in the world. Give him some batting tips! What the hell??

Look at the history of the ground where we will be mercilessly slaughtered. Rasel, a seamer, would do good.. Is Faruk's head on a hartal????

Sorry to say, but this may just be a blessing in disguise. This Sharif injury...

If you want to prep our guys, give the bat to Bashar, send him in the middle and line up ten of our best pacers. Keep a lot of water bottles handy. Don't let him come out until he gets ten hours daily. His running between the wicket is getting worse by the minute. He is not getting ANY time in the middle. Come on ! Is anyone watching the league matches??? Bashar is a one-man horror show !!

Where is our motku ?? !! must be taking a break destroying biryani when the local matches are going on. And, for crying out loud, someone tell our new CA, force BCB to get up off their bum, arrange some matches with good teams. Do you not see how others are preparing? At least get some more matches with local WI teams. Heck,even they are better than Zimbabwe.

Are you crying about Sharif? Don't, because, it will expose your limitation about our cricket reality. At this stage, there are plenty more legitimate reasons to cry about.

Imteaz
January 29, 2007, 04:33 AM
WOW.................Mr. billah Brother, You are Too Much Negative......................But Your Thought is Absolutely Correct and Good for Our Cricket. In This Situation, I Think BCB is Doing Their Best. No Other Team are Available Now. So, What will be The Solution?

Md. Sharif has already Proved Himself in International Cricket................Tapash has also Proved but Do we Have any Other Quick Bowler without These Four? Rasel is Too Slow. That's Why We are Crying..........................for Sharif.

al Furqaan
January 29, 2007, 10:31 AM
billah bhai...

i agree with everything except the sharif bit. i was never a fan of his, but a reverse swinger is nice to have. plus i looked at his stats 8 matches (5 against a pre-**** ZIM side and 3 against the pakis) average of 42, econ of 5.05 is not bad by our standards. just look at tapash.

your other bones are perfectly agreed upon, BCB should have done something more than just say "everyone is busy, we can't play" they should have turned at least one of all these bi-lateral series into a triangular. everyone would have been happy.

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 29, 2007, 11:31 AM
Billah bhai,
ami jani apni rage fulchen ebong fushchen. apnar shob bishoy guloi kintu shotto. ashole as usual BCB ar tonok norsilo jokhon shob team gulai tader WC ar prostuti ar schedule thik kore feleche. tai BCB ar kaoke painai except our beloved Zimbabwe!!! tobe apnar onno pointgula shotti.
tobe sharif ar bepare ami thik sure na. ami tar khela khub akta dekhinai. orthat she kharap na bhalo she shommondheo amar khub akta dharona nai. dhannabad.

Miraz
January 29, 2007, 01:24 PM
Tigers are leaving for Zimbabwe tomorrow. Daily Star (http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/01/30/d70130040134.htm) hasn't mentioned anything about sharif's injury. I hope he is doing fine and will be flying tomorrow.

But, it's important that he remains fit for the whole series. Sustaining injury in the middle of the series will be worse.

kalpurush
January 29, 2007, 01:46 PM
Tigers are leaving for Zimbabwe tomorrow. Daily Star (http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/01/30/d70130040134.htm) hasn't mentioned anything about sharif's injury. I hope he is doing fine and will be flying tomorrow.

Yes, Miraz bhai. I was watching BD news frequently lately. Didn't hear the above news! I think it was a minor injury thus didn't catch the attention of media that much!!:)

MarufH
January 29, 2007, 01:55 PM
Yes! Good News. Check out todays Ittefaq http://ittefaq.com/get.php?d=07/01/30/w/n_zzmvrv

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 29, 2007, 02:07 PM
dhannabad jonab maruf.
dorshokder mazhe ittefaq ar shai khoborti uposthapon korar jonno. mone hochhe shoba playerrai bimane arohon korte parben kono rokomer injury chara.

zia
January 29, 2007, 04:30 PM
Boy, what a pleasant ending.

arafath79
January 29, 2007, 04:42 PM
It's so sad to hear that Sharif is injured again. :( I wish him good luck.

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 30, 2007, 11:26 PM
bechara. kichu kichu player ar bhaggoi erokom. jaihok, asha kori ai jatrai ar kono kata porbe na sharif ar. asha korbo injury namok shai bhoyongkor katake tini ak kope kete diben. dhannabad.

AsifTheManRahman
January 30, 2007, 11:47 PM
ebong ek kope kete diye tini bat haate meghacchonno maathe kordomakto akash paane uchu kore square cut kore long leg shimana paar korben...ebong ball haateo kintu tini kintu jotheshto kintu dharabahikota bojay rakhte parben bole kintu asha korchi...trouser khule umpirer haate diye tini jokhon ghurben...dour shuru korben...ebong umpire ke otikrom kore ball korben tokhon kintu shara bangladesher 14 koti jonogon kintu taar dike takiye thakbe...chokh cheye dekhar moto mati kamrano shot er jonno noy, drishtinondon maar er jonno noy, borong taar oshadharon gotimoy bowling batsmaner stump upre fele 2 tukro kore dilo - ei drissho dekhar jonnoi kintu unmukh howe thakbe banglar apamor jonota...gallery bhorti bangladeshi shomorthokder mukhe tokhon kintu eki kotha "sharif tumi egiye cholo, bojraghaater moto batsman ke tomar goti diye kintu porasto kore ball pathiye daaw khaled mashuder haat ghure hablar haat ghure montur haat ghure sentur haat ghure tomar shoshurer haat ghure abar shei bowler orthat tomar nijer kache...ebong laal ronger shei ball niye tumi ujjibito koro banglar shoto shoto torunke"...apnar montobbo baksho bhai?

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 31, 2007, 11:08 AM
dhannabad,
kintu apnake shorif menamail bhai.
ai dharabhassho baksho theke apnake onek onek dhannabad chomotkar akti boktobbo dawar jonno. eta kintu amar mone hoi ottanto shomoy upojogi akti boktobbo. ebong ai boktobbo kintu dorshokder onekdin mone thakbe bole amar bisshash. ebong amar mone hoi tar bowl shudhui bangladesher torunderke ujjibito korbe na, amar bisshash tar bowl kintu bangladesher toruniderkeo ujjibito kore tulbe onekangshe. dhannabad kintu. akhon amra chole jachhe studiote kichu cheka khawa gaan shunar jonno. dhannabad.

pagol-chagol
January 31, 2007, 11:15 AM
Sharif travelled with the team. He must be ok.

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 31, 2007, 11:19 AM
Sharif travelled with the team. He must be ok.

ji,
ontoto akhon porjonto amra ai kotha bolte pari je, tar protiti har tar shorir nirdharito jaigay obosthan korche. tara kintu akhono nore jainee.

zia
January 31, 2007, 05:21 PM
What is the use of this thread? I have seen Sharif wating to catch the flight. Moderators should remove this one.

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 31, 2007, 06:31 PM
oh wow. u saw the players wating to catch the flight from LA? wow.

zia
January 31, 2007, 07:34 PM
oh wow. u saw the players wating to catch the flight from LA? wow.

You took the whole thing literally. I was watching Channel I news and saw them waiting for their plane as it got delayed by 2 hours.:smug:

FaltuRidwanBhai
February 1, 2007, 01:14 AM
You took the whole thing literally. I was watching Channel I news and saw them waiting for their plane as it got delayed by 2 hours.:smug:

:-D
ji tara kintu grameen phone ar logo shongjojito neel ronger polo shirt pore chilo. ebong channel i ar khobore kintu sharifero boktobbo dekhano hoyechilo. dhannabad.