PDA

View Full Version : Java or not ?

Tehsin
January 28, 2007, 06:46 PM
I was trying to watch the close up 1 songs in youtube and this is what I got on my laptop: you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. on Internet explorer my javascript is turned on just fine and my flash player was working up until now. I still went ahead and clicked on the link to get to the flash player download page. There were no 'download' link or pix that I could click on. Went thru the same exercise on firefox. Saw the download link and downloaded the software. Saved it. When I click on the download from my desktop - NOTHING happens. :)HELP!(By the way, when I post on BC from this laptop, the words come in all jumbled. I have to physically type in the html codes to make it look normal. Maybe this things are related).

Nasif
January 28, 2007, 07:12 PM
Looks like your JavaScript is turned off. Click on the button below:
<input onclick="alert('JavaScript is Active');" type="button" value="Click to Test JavaScript">

If you see a dialog box pop-up then your JavaScript is on.

Tehsin
January 28, 2007, 07:13 PM
Can't view the scrolling links (or the link box) in the Fan's world in the front page. :)

Nasif
January 28, 2007, 07:16 PM
Also, let us know what browser you are using.

Tehsin
January 28, 2007, 08:30 PM
IE 5.something. When I clicked on help-About Internet Explorer, the version and other options were blank. Plus, when I clicked on the OK button to close that popup - nothing happened. Closed it by clicking on the X. :)The test failed so obviously my java is not enabled. I'll go retry to enable it.

Tehsin
January 28, 2007, 08:35 PM
Under advanced option in IE - I have JAVA (sun). Right under that, the box is checked and it says - Use JRE 1.5.0_10 for <applet> (requires restart)</applet>

Tehsin
January 28, 2007, 08:59 PM
test

Nasif
January 28, 2007, 09:35 PM
IE 5.something. When I clicked on help-About Internet Explorer, the version and other options were blank. Plus, when I clicked on the OK button to close that popup - nothing happened. Closed it by clicking on the X. :)The test failed so obviously my java is not enabled. I'll go retry to enable it.

Java and JavaScript are two separate things. Our Fan's world doesn't use Java, it uses JavaScript. Your Javascript might also be turned off. You just have to make sure Javascript is enabled. Its in the options.

Kabir
January 28, 2007, 09:41 PM
Try enabling JavaScript using this guide. http://gsaauctions.gov/brow_details/IE6instr.htm

The guide's from US General Administration Services website...100% khati (US bolei kotha).

Tehsin
January 28, 2007, 10:37 PM
No luck. I tried enabling/disabling. nothing.

Tehsin
January 28, 2007, 10:58 PM
this effected windows media player as well. everything else is fine.

Mahmood
January 29, 2007, 09:20 AM
Boro bhai,

IE 5 something? Guiness book of record e naam uthanor cheshta kortesen naki? Amra ekhon IE 7 e achhi, at least 6 e to ashen. Ar na hole apnar laptop Musium e pathan. :)

Nasif
January 29, 2007, 01:18 PM
Tehsin bhai was waiting for Vista all this time. As Vista will be out tonight, he will be the first in line at midnight. I can see him waiting in line in front of Circuit City ;)

:p

Orpheus
January 29, 2007, 04:02 PM
Tehsin bhai was waiting for Vista all this time. As Vista will be out tonight, he will be the first in line at midnight. I can see him waiting in line in front of Circuit City ;)

:p

HAHA taht was funny!! And the sad thing is he chose circuit city over Best buy..tsk tsk!!

Tehsin bhai why don't you do what you always do after you have a problem. Format your PC :)
I think your problem is more virus related.....too much free videos...:wink:

Tehsin
January 29, 2007, 11:42 PM
Orphy - always trying to find buddy to share your free vids.
I stopped using that laptop ever since all three usb ports decided to die out on me.
Not too crazy about vista and even if I was, I would get in line at Best Buy. :)

As for my IE .. it was 6. I was just frustrated with the results or lack there of.

Shafin
January 30, 2007, 02:12 AM
Vista is good,thogh I prefer using FF2 even in it.

(Bangladeshe shob kichhui age age chole ashe!I got the full version a month age,erpor net e gie gittu namaye niyechi,ar kono chintta nai:D)

AsifTheManRahman
January 30, 2007, 10:37 AM
IE is the devil.