PDA

View Full Version : England-A to visit BD in February (probable BD A team)

HawkEye000
August 24, 2006, 05:10 PM
England A to tour in Feb
Staff Correspondent

The Bangladesh A team will have a busy schedule in the coming season as they have to play two back-to-back series at home and away, said an official of the Bangladesh Cricket Board on Thursday.The England A cricketers will arrive here on February 15. After the England series, the Bangladesh second-string side will travel to Sri Lanka in April, said the official.
The cricket operations committee of the BCB has already approved the itinerary of the English visitors who will play a three-day warm-up game, two four-day and three one-day matches. England A will leave on March 12, a day before World Cup starts in West Indies.
The itinerary of Bangladesh A’s Sri Lanka tour, however, is yet to be finalised, added the official.

http://www.newagebd.com/spt.html

Miraz
August 24, 2006, 05:14 PM
Good arrangement by BCB. Bangladesh A team should play more frequently with test countries A teams. England A & Australia A have 2 years touring plan for the. BCB should try to make such arrangements for our A team.

IMO, most players from the Academy team should play for the A team and no [বাংলা]বুড়া[/বাংলা] please.

Tokyobreeze
August 24, 2006, 09:48 PM
Of course, it's good to hear that our A-team will be playing continuously..But, I think it would good if we could set our National team to play one or two match of that tour against England-A.It's just before world cup and we won't be having much of essential match-practice.Even if it's Englang A team I don't mind, as long as it helps our National team to prepare better for the World Cup.

mshakir56
August 24, 2006, 10:50 PM
Thats whats UP! but my question is, what will the A team do before February. Sit back and relax and enjoy the sunshine. or will they have something better to do?

Rabz
August 25, 2006, 12:38 AM
Better if the tour could be arranged a bit earlier, say Dec-Jan. then BCB can try out more players for the WC squad. Nonetheless, should be a good tour.
Good on the admins this time.

Tokyobreeze
August 25, 2006, 02:21 AM
Thats whats UP! but my question is, what will the A team do before February. Sit back and relax and enjoy the sunshine. or will they have something better to do?

Well...A team will play when there are some series or tour arranged.They are visiting Pakistan now.But, there is surely a long time gap between the current tour and the next one.So, if there is someone to blame, it should be the authorities, not the players.If authorities don't arrange the tour for players, they can't play (even if they want to).

sadi
August 25, 2006, 08:05 AM
well our domestic league starts around oct with corporate league... so players will be busy playing

Tigers_eye
August 25, 2006, 08:12 AM
I was getting impatient on our Cricket Bangladesh officials that why no more tours for academy and A teams. However, it looks like they were busy doing somethings actually. Thank you CB.

kalpurush
August 25, 2006, 08:45 PM
Amader spinner-ra mone hoche hate sorse tel makhte shuru koreche!? :D

kalpurush
December 24, 2006, 01:14 PM
At last BCB has arranged some match practice before the WC against a better opponent! Though it's not desided yet which BD team would play against them.
I think we should play aamader jatio dol in "BD-A" murokey. These matches might help our WC practice a lot? News: Prothom Alo.

pagol-chagol
December 24, 2006, 03:16 PM
Great news finally. Play the national team, all except Pilot, Chacha, Nannu, Bulbul and Akram Khan.

ialbd
December 24, 2006, 03:45 PM
sounds great... every1 was getting sick of zim

al Furqaan
December 24, 2006, 04:24 PM
england the next weakest team...still better than nothing. good job by the BCB they get a B

Mav
December 24, 2006, 04:24 PM
Finally , my sad days are over. My reason for making threads against BCB has finally paid off. I am very happy, I have to thank couple of people.

First of all, I would like to thank you my parents, For having me, BC administrators and moderators, for giving me the wonderful opportunity to post in this forum and without whom this decision wouldn't turn into a reality, BC members, without whom my threads would have been incomplete. Thank you.
You love me.......You really love me......sniff..

:)

kalpurush
December 24, 2006, 05:13 PM
Great news finally. Play the national team, all except Pilot, Chacha, Nannu, Bulbul and Akram Khan.

.....you mean "our beloved Golla" is a obvious choice then?!;)

kalpurush
December 24, 2006, 05:14 PM
Finally , my sad days are over. My reason for making threads against BCB has finally paid off. I am very happy, I have to thank couple of people.

First of all, I would like to thank you my parents, For having me, BC administrators and moderators, for giving me the wonderful opportunity to post in this forum and without whom this decision wouldn't turn into a reality, BC members, without whom my threads would have been incomplete. Thank you.
You love me.......You really love me......sniff..

:)

All pleasure is ours!:-D

kalpurush
December 24, 2006, 05:18 PM
england the next weakest team...still better than nothing. good job by the BCB they get a B

Boss...I preserve a different view! England is better than WI and India. Though you might be right!!:-D

Kabir
December 24, 2006, 06:06 PM

Yes sir, and this is the team we could never beat. Should give us some English training...just for fun.

This is the happiest day for me in a while...finally some practice with some quality players. I hope they send their ODI team by the name of A-team :D

pagol-chagol
December 24, 2006, 06:09 PM
.....you mean "our beloved Golla" is a obvious choice then?!;)

Yes. I've heard he carries water very well.

Haradhon
December 24, 2006, 07:14 PM
Who are in the England A? Does anyone know?

billah
December 24, 2006, 07:21 PM
Our national team should definitely play against them. We should play on hard, bouncy pitches also.

Kabir
December 24, 2006, 07:35 PM
Our national team should definitely play against them. We should play on hard, bouncy pitches also.

Agreed :up:

Farhad
December 24, 2006, 07:56 PM
Great news....Scared though if BD loses against the second-string side and all the anticipation drains out right before the WC. Still, better before the worldcup than at the worldcup.

Edit: Does this mean that theyll play both the BD-A side, and the national side??Cuz they were already scheduled to play against the A side before this (See Hawkeye000 thread in similar thread section)

mshakir56
December 25, 2006, 03:01 AM
Fantastic news indeed! Hope to see our national team in action against the English. This will let us know where we stand before the WC. Guys, don't write off England just because they are ranked #8, They have some quality batsman who can turn the game around at any moment. I think they will be really good against fast bowlers, because they are more used to fast bowling than spin. Who knows Mashrafee and Shahadat can get some bowling practice as well.

kalpurush
December 25, 2006, 03:34 AM
Fantastic news indeed! Hope to see our national team in action against the English. This will let us know where we stand before the WC. Guys, don't write off England just because they are ranked #8, They have some quality batsman who can turn the game around at any moment. I think they will be really good against fast bowlers, because they are more used to fast bowling than spin. Who knows Mashrafee and Shahadat can get some bowling practice as well.

ditto:up:

Sam
December 25, 2006, 05:00 AM
They are suppose to play against BD A team only. We have to put more of our national players in that BD A team to give them a chance of "Quality Opponent". However, at the end of the day, it's going to be counted as a series between England A and Bangladesh A teams.
I still believe that, this tour of Eng A is not a recent arrangement to make it possible for the National Team to play against quality opponent, rather it is a part of tour schedule of the A teams of the full members.

PoorFan
December 25, 2006, 05:32 AM
Sounds great, good move by BCB ( if they deserve the credit ). I am bit confused here ... Is it BD team going to ENG? or ENG coming to BD?

Sam
December 25, 2006, 07:00 AM
What is the source of this news, anybody please

tglover
December 25, 2006, 09:17 AM
England 'A' is coming to Bangladesh. Bangladesh 'A' was already in England in 2005, where Shahriar Nafees made 147 in a one day match. This is the return tour :P

BagherBacha
December 25, 2006, 11:06 AM
pls no tushar, alok, rana, golla in the A team. we all know tushar will do good when he plays for A but sucks with the national team. I think A team can't have more than certain number of players who currently plays for national team, don't know the number though. anyone has any idea. i might be wrong here.

kaisermatin
December 25, 2006, 11:38 AM
Pakistan/Indian/Sri Lankan A team should be much better. And they are closer to home to fly in if BD gets invited.

Farhad
December 25, 2006, 12:26 PM
What is the source of this news, anybody please

The news was announced quite a while back (about 4 months) in Newagebd.com
*And by prothom Alo more recently (Top of thread)

kalpurush
December 25, 2006, 12:31 PM
I think A team can't have more than certain number of players who currently plays for national team, don't know the number though. anyone has any idea. i might be wrong here.

I think in last series Zimbabwe played 6 National team players under Zimbabwe-A against us just few days ago.:-D

kalpurush
December 25, 2006, 12:54 PM
Here is my squad for BD-A!:-D

Mehrab Jr.
Tamim/
S. Nafees
Marshal
Nadif
Sakib
Ashraful
Farhad
Mushfiq
Rana
Taposh
Nazmul
Enamul

BagherBacha
December 25, 2006, 01:19 PM
hey kalpurush, I don't like your pace selection. shahadat should be in the team 'caz he needs more ODI practices. tapash, nazmul shouldn't be in the A team because they don't have any chance coming back to national folder anytime soon. I would give sharif a chance as an allrounder.sharif is young and can do reverse swing with the old ball, he used to do. He will be a contender with Farhad in all rounder position. my 13 member team would be the following..

1.mehrab
2. nafees
3.marshal Ayub
4.Sakib
5.Ashraful
6.Nadif
7.Farhad/Sharif
8.Mushfiq
9.Razzak (wanna see how he does against big guns)
10.Shahadat
11. Dollar
12. Enamul
13. Shafaq

Murad
December 25, 2006, 01:53 PM
guys.. national team is not goin to play in A team.. cuz they will be back from zimbabwe on 12th february..and will be gone again on february 15th for the tri-series..againts associate..donno whats the name.. so obviously they are not playing...

kalpurush
December 25, 2006, 05:20 PM
guys.. national team is not goin to play in A team.. cuz they will be back from zimbabwe on 12th february..and will be gone again on february 15th for the tri-series..againts associate..donno whats the name.. so obviously they are not playing...

If that's so....it's (England-A team's visit) not going to help our national team!:(
Though, we don't know yet when the English are coming.

kalpurush
December 25, 2006, 05:24 PM
hey kalpurush, I don't like your pace selection. shahadat should be in the team 'caz he needs more ODI practices. tapash, nazmul shouldn't be in the A team because they don't have any chance coming back to national folder anytime soon. I would give sharif a chance as an allrounder.sharif is young and can do reverse swing with the old ball, he used to do. He will be a contender with Farhad in all rounder position. my 13 member team would be the following..

1.mehrab
2. nafees
3.marshal Ayub
4.Sakib
5.Ashraful
6.Nadif
7.Farhad/Sharif
8.Mushfiq
9.Razzak (wanna see how he does against big guns)
10.Shahadat
11. Dollar
12. Enamul
13. Shafaq

Hey BagherBacha...I liked your pace selection!:-D

BanglaCool
December 27, 2006, 02:22 AM
Good Move!
Only better if our National Team players could play, including Mehrab, Sakib, Ashraful, Bashar (yes he needs to get his form back against a better side), Pilot, Rasel, Shahadat, Rana (for winning the match) and the rest can be chosen from the original A team.

Pundit
December 28, 2006, 12:21 PM
Great happening. We need our world cup squad playing them.

Pundit
December 28, 2006, 12:27 PM

I agree with the first, but not with the latter, totally - unless we expect to capitulate against Vaas and either Zaheer/Sreesanth. Who knows how good Sreesanth is in a ODI, but with Zaheer regaining his form, we need to keep an eye on him.

We play India and SL in the WC in PofSpain. I think that is a spinner's pitch.

We have a warm-up game against NZ in Barbados. If Bond plays on that fast Barbados pitch, we will get some bounce related practice. This will ready us for Lasith Malinga. Maybe we should play a game against the Busta cup champs for fast bowling practice. Incidently, does WI have any fast bowlers anymore?

England hardly has a quality spin bowler, let alone their A team.

al Furqaan
December 28, 2006, 12:49 PM
I agree with the first, but not with the latter, totally - unless we expect to capitulate against Vaas and either Zaheer/Sreesanth. Who knows how good Sreesanth is in a ODI, but with Zaheer regaining his form, we need to keep an eye on him.

We play India and SL in the WC in PofSpain. I think that is a spinner's pitch.

We have a warm-up game against NZ in Barbados. If Bond plays on that fast Barbados pitch, we will get some bounce related practice. This will ready us for Lasith Malinga. Maybe we should play a game against the Busta cup champs for fast bowling practice. Incidently, does WI have any fast bowlers anymore?

England hardly has a quality spin bowler, let alone their A team.

with harmy's retirement, england are bound to include an young pacer (mahmood, tremlett) or a young spinner (panesar) for the ODI team. so we can get some quality practice with bowlers better than mpofu, utseya, ireland, and rainsford.

Pundit
December 28, 2006, 01:26 PM
Is Mahmood, Tremlett and Panesar coming with the A team? I thought Mahmood and Panesar are with the national now. But then again, everybody needs match practice.

kalpurush
December 28, 2006, 08:36 PM
Is Mahmood, Tremlett and Panesar coming with the A team? I thought Mahmood and Panesar are with the national now. But then again, everybody needs match practice.

Mahmood and Panesar playing for the English National Team now. But, who knows....they might be included for BD tour to have some match practice!:-D

nannu
December 29, 2006, 08:51 AM

whats wrong with nannu?

nannu

cricketboy
December 29, 2006, 03:45 PM
whats wrong with nannu?

nannu

I hope you are not the cricketer nannu himself. lol. :saint:

Anyway probably England A will include players like Solanki, Ed Joyce, Owais Shah as batsman and Kabir Ali, James ANderson, as bowlers.

Carte Blanche
December 30, 2006, 08:58 PM
Great happening. We need our world cup squad playing them.

Yeah. Let's play the strongest team possible, but under the guise of "A" team. This way the national team could never lose :)

kalpurush
December 30, 2006, 09:28 PM
Yeah. Let's play the strongest team possible, but under the guise of "A" team. This way the national team could never lose :)

Darn smart!:-D

Hatebreed
December 31, 2006, 02:46 AM
This is great news, England may suck but this is better than Zim. I hope they will bring their best players to give us a tough challange, and we should play our strongest also. This is strictly match practise for the WC so there is no shame if we play most of our national side in disguise :)

TheWatcher
December 31, 2006, 03:10 AM
delete

IanW
December 31, 2006, 04:01 AM
I thought England A was in Australia right now ?

Ian Whitchurch

TheWatcher
December 31, 2006, 04:12 AM
I thought England A was in Australia right now ?

No, England Academy team players, save the ones got selected for the ODI team, are back in England now.

Many of the England National Academy side now return to England on December 23 and will continue their winter programme after Christmas at the National Academy, Loughborough, ahead of the scheduled A Tour to Bangladesh in February.

- ECB (http://ecb.co.uk/england/national-academy/academy-win-in-australia,11038,EN.html)

IanW
December 31, 2006, 04:21 AM
No, England Academy team players, save the ones got selected for the ODI team, are back in England now.

You mean the guys in Australia right now are the English *first team* ???

Ian Whitchurch

kalpurush
December 31, 2006, 12:09 PM
Dear Modaretors: Could you please merge this thread with the other one? No need to keep two similar threads at the same time!Thanks kindly.:-D

al Furqaan
December 31, 2006, 12:53 PM
i don't think our top players will get much exposure against England A becaue of the proximity with WC07...and the SL A series is during wc. so we really won't get much practice...

BCB should either tell england to come 2 weeks earlier or play the OD matches b4 the FC ones.

kalpurush
January 2, 2007, 12:10 PM
England A squad for this tour has announced yesterday. Here the players are:

Michael Yardy (capt), Ravi Bopara, Tim Bresnan, Stuart Broad, Michael Carberry, Nick Compton, Steve Davies, Will Jefferson, Amjad Khan, Alex Loudon, Graham Onions, Mathew Prior, Adil Rashid, Tom Smith

Source: Cricinfo

cricketboy
January 2, 2007, 03:36 PM
Strong team even without Owais Shah and Robert Key. It will be interesting how BD A does against them. /:)

zia
January 2, 2007, 07:40 PM
Looks like they are sending pretty strong team. We should field the National side to give them the much needed practice before the WC. Just can't wait!:flag:

Haradhon
January 2, 2007, 09:11 PM
Here is my squad for BD-A!:-D

Mehrab Jr.
Tamim/
S. Nafees
Marshal
Nadif
Sakib
Ashraful
Farhad
Mushfiq
Rana
Taposh
Nazmul
Enamul
Do we need to play Tamim so early? Let these young ones gain some experience

Haradhon
January 2, 2007, 09:14 PM
England A squad for this tour has announced yesterday. Here the players are:

Michael Yardy (capt), Ravi Bopara, Tim Bresnan, Stuart Broad, Michael Carberry, Nick Compton, Steve Davies, Will Jefferson, Amjad Khan, Alex Loudon, Graham Onions, Mathew Prior, Adil Rashid, Tom Smith

Source: Cricinfo
Oops, after looking at the Eng A squad I change my mind. We can now play Golla, Tushar and also give a second chance to Kopali!

cricman
January 2, 2007, 11:30 PM
No Nat'l team members are going to play vs England A, it's very simple Feburary 28th we play Bermuda, March 6th we play New Zealand in our first World Cup Warmup Match.

The First 4-day Test ends March 3rd. Unless u want Ash, Sakib and SN on a 20-30 hr plane ride to Barbados and then step of the plane to face Shane Bond. I'd rather already them be in the West Indies thrashing Canada and Bermuda get used to the pitches beforehand. So if you want to pick a squad Rajin, Tushar, and since Enam jr won't play in the WC and the newbies Tamim and Co.

TheWatcher
January 3, 2007, 07:43 AM
So England selectors think Owais Shah and Robert Key are too good for Bangladesh !

Will Jefferson spent most of his last season in Essex 2nd XI and still made it into England-A !!! Is not that something ?

TheWatcher
January 3, 2007, 08:00 AM
Tour Itinerary

14 Feb - England A arrive in Dhaka
17-19 Feb - Warm-up match - Mirpur
22-25 Feb v Bangladesh A - Mirpur
28 Feb-3 Mar v Bangladesh A - SCS, Bogra
6 Mar v Bangladesh A - SCS, Bogra
9 Mar v Bangladesh A, Mirpur
11 Mar v Bangladesh A, Mirpur
12 Mar - England A depart Dhaka

-ECB

TheWatcher
January 3, 2007, 08:04 AM
The following article gives a good pen pic of England A-team.

Compton tour call keeps it in the family

Nick Compton, the grandson of the legendary Denis, will take his first steps towards becoming an England batsman on the A tour to Bangladesh next month. He has been named in a 14-man squad, which will be captained by Mike Yardy, the Sussex all-rounder.

Compton, 23 and born in South Africa, where his father, Richard, played seven first-class matches for Natal, has played for Middlesex since 2001. His progress was hampered by back trouble, but he made a significant breakthrough last season when he was promoted to open the batting and responded with more than 1,000 runs, including five centuries.

The other eye-catching selection is Adil Rashid, 18, the Yorkshire leg spinner who took 25 wickets in five Liverpool Victoria County Championship matches last season and scored a century for England Under-19 against their India counterparts. Rashid has only just recovered from a stress fracture of the back but Stewart Regan, the Yorkshire chief executive, said: “He will be bowling again in a couple of weeks’ time and I’m sure that this call-up will be a great incentive for him to get back to full fitness as quickly as possible.”

Stuart Broad, Leicestershire’s exciting fast-bowling prospect, will spearhead a seam attack that includes Amjad Khan, Kent’s Danish-born fast bowler, who was granted British citizenship last month, Graham Onions, of Durham, and Tom Smith, of Lancashire.

Yardy’s appointment as captain is some compensation for being left out of the senior squad for the forthcoming one-day series in Australia, while there are also fresh chances for Matthew Prior, Alex Loudon and Tim Bresnan.

Full Article (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,426-2528645,00.html)

sadi
January 3, 2007, 09:07 AM
Looks like a pretty strong balanced team. It will be a good test for BD A.

kalpurush
January 3, 2007, 12:52 PM
So England selectors think Owais Shah and Robert Key are too good for Bangladesh !

Will Jefferson spent most of his last season in Essex 2nd XI and still made it into England-A !!! Is not that something ?

It's time for Enamul Jr. and Co. to teach the English how to respect the opponents!:)

TheWatcher
January 4, 2007, 12:16 PM
I hope this time around selectors are not going to waste a slot on Javed. Not that I am writing off Javed, but I just can't see how he can benefit from this kind of matches at this late stage of his career. On the otherhand we now have quite a few young top order batsmen (Jahurul Islam, Junaid Siddique, Nazmus Sadat, Imtiaz Hossain, Uttam Sarkar, Golam Rahman.....) who need to be tested against this kind of opponent.

Tokyobreeze
January 5, 2007, 12:06 AM
Looking forward to see our 'A' team.This will definitely be a good practice.As after world cup there will surely be few retirements (willingly or unwillingly), our propspective consistent performers need to be in the pipeline.Playing good against England A will surely focus light on players.Will be a good tour in my opinion.

TheWatcher
January 29, 2007, 05:39 PM
England A-team is doing some fund raising for UN food program in Bangladesh ahead of their visit to the country-

Chance to train with England A

The England A players are offering a fantastic opportunity for cricket fans to spend a day training with them at the National Cricket Academy in Loughborough – and raise invaluable funds for the Cricket Against Hunger programme ahead of their forthcoming tour of Bangladesh.

Cricket Against Hunger is a dynamic partnership between the ECB and the United Nations World Food Programme. Its aim is to use the pulling power of international cricketers to draw attention to the plight of the hundreds of millions of hungry people around the world who face a daily struggle to feed themselves and their families.

With England A heading to Bangladesh for a month-long tour at the middle of February, captain Michael Yardy and the rest of the England A squad and team management were very keen to do something to help the needy among the local population.

They have organised a fundraising day on Tuesday February 6, offering the following:

<LI _extended="true">A tour of the National Cricket Academy facility <LI _extended="true">Nets with the England A players, under the supervision of Academy coaches Andy Flower, Otis Gibson and Peter Moores <LI _extended="true">Fielding session conducted by ECB fielding coach, Julien Fountain <LI _extended="true">Gym session overseen by ECB conditioning coach, Richard Smith (tailored according to each individual’s capabilities!) <LI _extended="true">Recovery session, including hydrotherapy treatment routines <LI _extended="true">Cost is a £250 donation per person - all inclusive of lunch and drinks
Age range: 16-70There are a maximum of 10 places available, which will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information or to book your place please email maria.o’donoghue@ecb.co.uk

Cricket Against Hunger was launched in 2006 following a visit by England team members, including Ashley Giles, to a World Food Programme project in the town of Jaipur in India. As part of the development of the partnership, such visits will be integrated into the touring schedule of England cricket teams, especially when they are travelling in South Asia.

Cricketers from the England A team plan to visit World Food Programme projects around the town of Bogra during their tour to Bangladesh this spring. Almost half of the population of Bangladesh live below the poverty line and an estimated 28 million people suffer from severe malnutrition.

The World Food Programme is addressing this problem by providing school meals and rations for children and using food as an incentive to encourage community development.

By visiting the World Food Programme's projects and supporting Cricket Against Hunger, players can become powerful advocates for the world's hungriest and poorest people.

- ECB (http://www.ecb.co.uk/england/england-a/train-with-england-a-and-support-cricket-against-hunger,11399,EN.html)
I see Andy Flower has joined the England coaching staff.

wiseshah
January 29, 2007, 11:17 PM
this is my A team, according to form and national team exclusion

1. mehrab Hossain Opi (he deserve a chance for his finest form)
2. Junaid Imroz (lets see his dashing opening)
3. Najmus sadat (future opener for national team)
4. Rajin saleh (hard worker, ever green)
5. Marshall Ayub
6. Alok kapali
7. manjar Rana
8. Golam Mabud (wicket keeper)/ Dheeman Ghosh
9. Dollar mahmud
10. Enamul Hauque Jr.
11. Shafaq Al Zabir

extra: 1. Al shahriar
2. nadif Chowdhury
3. Talha Jubair
4. Syed rasel (he should be in the main 11)

cricketboy
January 30, 2007, 12:51 AM
My team:

Junaid Imroz
Javed Omar/Al Sahariar(any player in form but not Opee!!!)
Nazmus Sadat
Rajin Saleh
Marshall Ayub
Nadif Choudhury(deserves atleast a chance in first XI)
Sahgir/Dhiman/Golam
DOllar
Enamul
Shafaq
Rasel

Kabir
January 30, 2007, 01:00 AM
Just a suggestion: this thread shoud be merged with http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=18290

rudro
January 30, 2007, 03:34 PM
I hope this time around selectors are not going to waste a slot on Javed. Not that I am writing off Javed, but I just can't see how he can benefit from this kind of matches at this late stage of his career. On the otherhand we now have quite a few young top order batsmen (Jahurul Islam, Junaid Siddique, Nazmus Sadat, Imtiaz Hossain, Uttam Sarkar, Golam Rahman.....) who need to be tested against this kind of opponent.
I support your idea. But I have a proposal to make...don't laugh at me..Jahurul Islam is keeping for Abahani now..how about we groom him as a wicketkeeper considering his batting (may be he will be our gilly)

BangladeshFan
January 30, 2007, 04:12 PM
opportunity for Bd A to gain some exp playing against good opposition

sadi
January 30, 2007, 04:34 PM
I support your idea. But I have a proposal to make...don't laugh at me..Jahurul Islam is keeping for Abahani now..how about we groom him as a wicketkeeper considering his batting (may be he will be our gilly)

Don't worry, I am laughing with you. :) But I don't think it will work out. He did drop some catches in the last game I heard. Makeshift keeper can work for one or two games but you can't groom a makeshift wicketkeeper. I rather give some batting lesson to Dhiman, Rahim and Mabud and see who comes out on top.

TheWatcher
January 30, 2007, 04:55 PM
To add to Sadi's post, the tour is starting with four day matches where we will definately need a specialist keeper. If it was up to me, I would pick Golam Mabud for the keeper position (though I am pretty sure Saghir Hossain will get it anyway). He has proved himself quite a capable batsman lately, openning for both Sylhet and Victoria (well, at least until Victoria ditched him for left hand opener Imrul Kayes). His keeping stats are also impressive though this season he let younger boys like Mithun Ali (Sylhet) and Mushfiqur Rahim (Victoria) keep the wicket, I guess, to concentrate more on his batting. If he can click with bat in the four day matches, there will be no need find a makeshift keeper for one days.

Mabud's FC stats by season (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Players/44/44912/f_Batting_by_Season.html)
Saghir's FC stats by season (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Players/61/61460/f_Batting_by_Season.html)

sadi
January 30, 2007, 06:35 PM
Can we really depend on someone who doesn't even keep regularly for his sides on domestic cricket? Battingwise, how can you depend on someone who gets ditched by his domestic side? It clearly shows how we lack depth in keeping. The A team keeper should be really valuable for his domestic side and performing outstandingly in the league. Sorry to say, noone has done that yet like Shahin did few years ago.

TheWatcher
January 30, 2007, 09:21 PM
Ok, Sadi bhai, you got me confused about Mabud. May be we are better off staying with Saghir for now. Let's hope that younger talents like Mithun Ali, Nadimuddin Mintu, or Hamidul Islam will click with both bat and gloves in a year or two (or Mushfiq will finally live up to our expectation from him and we won't have to worry who is playing for the A-team).

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 30, 2007, 10:28 PM

yeah i like this strategy too. we will get match practice but in the same time it will never be recorded.

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 30, 2007, 10:32 PM
i thinks so too. instead of teaching a batsman how to keep, i think it is a better idea teaching a keeper how to bat. instead of trying to teach tushar how to keep, it is a much better idea to give more tips on batting to mushfiq.

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 30, 2007, 11:33 PM
cricketboy bhai,
Opi ki apnar kono khoti korsilo? naki she apnar chiro shotru? eto khepsen keno?

mbssr
January 30, 2007, 11:38 PM
We should better stick with Nazmus sadat and Junaid Imroz for opener and invest in an off spin bowler (unfortunately, I dont know anyone). Al shahriar is in better form, so Is Shahzada. Waskuruni Polash is also bowling well. Talha Bowled well for one match. Shafaq al Zabir is consistent.

So We can pick these four pacers and for god's sake shouln't include two SLA in the eleven. SLA are everywhere now a days in BD team.

Shafaq Al Zabir
Waskuruni Polash
Talha Zubair
Shahzada

For wicket Keeping, I agree with Wiseshah, and we must try out Golam Mabud, because we need to find a replacement soon, and mushfiq babu should not be same automatic choice like Pilot was.

gatekeeper
January 31, 2007, 12:41 AM
I would favor a team of all newcomers. No Rajin, Javed, Rasel, Alok, Rana, Talha etc. They all had more than one shot in the National side. Time to inject some new blood.

cricketboy
January 31, 2007, 01:11 AM
cricketboy bhai,
Opi ki apnar kono khoti korsilo? naki she apnar chiro shotru? eto khepsen keno?

I was a big fan of Opee and used to think he is the future star. But last time he played he looked not the same player any more, he was shuffling and getting out LBW match after match in the same manner, so I was furious with him. :mad:

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 31, 2007, 11:16 AM
ic.
thank you very much cricket boy.
to jonab,
apni aggieland a kotodin dhore achen?
dhannabad.

akabir77
January 31, 2007, 11:55 AM
...and mushfiq babu should not be same automatic choice like Pilot was.
Musfiq Babu??? As a keeper?? r u sure?

sadi
January 31, 2007, 12:48 PM
Here is my team:

Nazmus Sadat (If he recovers on time)
Junaed Imroze (Automatic choice)
Al Shahriar (Deserves a chance since he is performing consistently for last two seasons)
Nadif Chowdhury (Automatic Choice) (C)
Marshall Ayub (Played well in NCL, future star)
Dhiman Ghosh (Eventhough he hasn't performed well in recent days, I guess he is the next on line)
Showarawordi Shuvro (very underrated, has been consistent all year)
Dollar Mahmud (Our backup pacer)
Enamul Haque (Needs as much experience as we can give him)
Mohammad Shahjada (Has been consistent all year, is he good enough)
Syed Rasel (Comeback time)

Miraz
January 31, 2007, 01:11 PM
Here is my team:

Nazmus Sadat (If he recovers on time)
Junaed Imroze (Automatic choice)
Al Shahriar (Deserves a chance since he is performing consistently for last two seasons)
Nadif Chowdhury (Automatic Choice) (C)
Marshall Ayub (Played well in NCL, future star)
Dhiman Ghosh (Eventhough he hasn't performed well in recent days, I guess he is the next on line)
Showarawordi Shuvro (very underrated, has been consistent all year)
Dollar Mahmud (Our backup pacer)
Enamul Haque (Needs as much experience as we can give him)
Mohammad Shahjada (Has been consistent all year, is he good enough)

Sadi bhai, there are 4 day matches. I think you are not doing justice to Rajin Saleh, Javed Omar, Manjural Islam Rana, Alok Kapali and defnitely Naeem Islam :)

They performed quite well in the NCL 4 days matches.

sadi
January 31, 2007, 02:08 PM
I don't see any point giving another chance to old dogs like Javed or Rajin against England A. We already know what they are capable of. I want to see how new guys perform against some quality opposition and find out whether they are that good for real.

TheWatcher
January 31, 2007, 03:32 PM
Considering the strength of the England A-team, our A-team gotta be a good mixture of experienced players and youngsters.

Among the national team discards, players that I think should be considered for four day matches-

Al Shahariar (Done more than enough in last two years to get another look)
Rajin Saleh (Still a good option for the Test team. We need a gritty person like him to hold the middle order together)
Talha Jubair (Only genuine pacer left out of the national team who may be able to trouble the British boys)
Enamul Jr (Auto choice)

In addition, Farhad Reza and Manjar Rana should be considered for one day matches.

For the youngsters, I believe there will be a three-day warm up match between Academy team and England-A. Whoever does well in that match should be considered.

My Academy Team-

Nazmus Sadat (If not fit, Nasiruddin Faruque gets the slot)
Jahurul Islam (Based on his performences in Academy team tour to Pakistan, NCL)
Junaid Siddique (Based on his performences this season)
Naeem Islam (Based on his performences in last three NCL)
Marshal Ayub (Based on his promise)
Nadif Chowdhury (Based on his form in Academy team tour, CCL)
Dhiman Ghosh (One more chance, if he fails again Saghir keeps the A-team spot)
Suhrawadi Shuvo (Based on his performences this season)
Mosharraf Hossain (Based on his performences this season)
Dollar Mahmud (Based on, well, hype. Lets see if he really has any quality)
Mohammad Shahzada (Based on his consistency in domestic leagues)

sadi
January 31, 2007, 03:37 PM
I don't think Talha has earned his A team callup yet. He has played only two premier league games for Abahoni and I didn't even hear anything about him during the NCL. If Abahoni can afford to sit him, I don't think he has much to offer seriously. I rather give a chance to guys like Shafaq.

TheWatcher
January 31, 2007, 03:43 PM
Well, Shafaq is also not getting regular chances for Rajshahi or Biman. As I said, Talha atleast has the pace to trouble the opposition.

Among the left arm medium pacers, Rezaul Haque is leading in premier league right now. Since he is a decent batsman, I say he should get a look for one days.

shujan
January 31, 2007, 08:34 PM
Waskarunni.. Sorry I do not know how to spell his name. I like what I hear.

wiseshah
January 31, 2007, 09:23 PM
if australia can give break to Mike Hussey, stuart clark at age 32, England can give chance to paul nixon, why we consider our 24/25 yr old player as old/bura? why we cant give them chance to play for the country? i think opee, rokon, alok, rajin, all they deserve chance according to their form

Beamer
January 31, 2007, 10:49 PM
This series is a good chance for some "A" team players to crack into the main test team. We haven't played tests in a while and this could be a good oppurtunity for some players to get noticed for the India series. We have more open slots in the test team right now than the one day team. The other opening slot next to S Nafees is wide open. I have no clue who would they go with. Is it gonna be J.O? Or would Nafis Iqbal make a comeback? or, is it gonna be someone entirely new like Mehrab? remains to be seen. No.3 and No.4 are the only other two sure spots filled in by Bashar and Ash. Rajin played in the middle against Australia and did well. But, that was an year ago and he hasn't done much to show his stuff lately. Aftab wasn't even considered in the tests in the last series, though that will change this time around. So, one opening slot , a middle order position ( possibly two ) are somewhat open. This series might give an indication on that.

I am more interested in the four day games for sure...

cricketboy
January 31, 2007, 11:12 PM
ic.
thank you very much cricket boy.
to jonab,
apni aggieland a kotodin dhore achen?
dhannabad.

Since last semester.

I would give Al Sahariar another chance. He is such a treat to watch when he is on song. :)

PoorFan
February 2, 2007, 01:01 AM
I would give Al Sahariar another chance. He is such a treat to watch when he is on song. :)
<!--StartFragment -->Yeah, let him sing with 'sonar gaon' for the rest, though he looks consistent than ever these days.

cricketboy
February 2, 2007, 03:44 PM
<!--StartFragment -->Yeah, let him sing with 'sonar gaon' for the rest, though he looks consistent than ever these days.

:-D I hope ROkon stopped playing careless silly shots to get out by singing "sonar gaon".

TheWatcher
February 8, 2007, 01:18 PM
Academy team for the three day warm up match against Eng-A is announced-

Zunaed Siddique, Jahurul Islam, Nadif Chowdhury (captain), Nasiruddin Faruque, Marshall Ayub, Mahmudullah Riyad, Sahagir Hossain (wk), Mosharraf Hossain, Dollar Mahmud, Ziaur Rahman, Mohammad Shahzada, Suharwardi Shuvo.

The team is as expected, only that I don't see the logic behind preferring Mahmudullah over Naeem Islam or Nazimuddin for a three day match. Ryad's superior fielding and part time bowling would be factors to consider for an oneday match, but for a three day ?

sadi
February 8, 2007, 01:49 PM
I like the team. I will be quite interested to see how Junaed, Nadif, Faruque or Marshall Ayub perform.

Miraz
February 8, 2007, 04:43 PM
Good team. In my opinion, Naeem Islam and Nazimuddin defnitely deserved a chance. Good to see the name of Nasiruddin Faruque and Jahurul Islam

TheWatcher
February 13, 2007, 02:23 PM
I guess Tushar is back to lead the BD-A again, while Nasiruddin Faruque, Junaid Imrose, and Jahurul Islam will fight to become Mehrab's opening partner.

The venue for the three day warm up match is changed to Mirpur from BKSP, according to TigerCricket.

cricketboy
February 13, 2007, 08:04 PM
I guess Tushar is back to lead the BD-A again, while Nasiruddin Faruque, Junaid Imrose, and Jahurul Islam will fight to become Mehrab's opening partner.

The venue for the three day warm up match is changed to Mirpur from BKSP, according to TigerCricket.

Maybe selectors dropped Tushar so that he can captain the A side. :)

shujan
February 13, 2007, 08:22 PM
Main objective of this series against England A should be to give our WC players little more practice. They have not played any international side beside under power Zimbabwe for almost a year. Players like Tamim, Saqib and Mushfiq could use some competitive cricket before heading to face India and Sri-Lanka.

cricket_pagol
February 13, 2007, 08:23 PM
Even if Tushar was selected in the world cup team, he would have got a maximum of one game (going by previous record).

cricman
February 13, 2007, 08:38 PM
Even if Tushar was selected in the world cup team, he would have got a maximum of one game (going by previous record).

He'd Probably Score a Duck vs Bermuda

Kabir
February 13, 2007, 08:43 PM
He'd Probably Score a Duck vs Bermuda

His golden duck in the previous game against Zimbabwe was intentional IMO. He knows that regardless of how much he scores, he'll get dropped...based on previous record!

cricketboy
February 13, 2007, 09:07 PM
His golden duck in the previous game against Zimbabwe was intentional IMO. He knows that regardless of how much he scores, he'll get dropped...based on previous record!
:-DTushar know why work hard when you know you will be out of the team for the next series. He also knows he will be back to play after 1-2 series. :p

Kabir
February 13, 2007, 09:43 PM
On a different note, I'm getting all confused with nicks like cricketboy, cricman, and cricket_pagol. In any case, are they in sequence of:

boy (early age) -> man (middle age) -> pagol (old age)?

cricketboy
February 14, 2007, 01:26 AM
On a different note, I'm getting all confused with nicks like cricketboy, cricman, and cricket_pagol. In any case, are they in sequence of:

Keep on guessing mate. :shh:

TheWatcher
February 14, 2007, 08:56 AM
Bopara got England call up and not coming to Bangladesh.

Rizvi
February 14, 2007, 10:24 AM

I see this phrase "IMO" used pretty frequently. Someone care to explain what that stands for?
Secondly, I'm not too impressed with cricket quality in England recently.(except that one game against Aussies) How do you guys feel about BD A taking 2 out of 3 ODIS?

TheWatcher
February 15, 2007, 09:12 AM
Once again, the venue for the practice match has been changed, back to BKSP.

-TC

Tigers_eye
February 15, 2007, 09:39 AM
I see this phrase "IMO" used pretty frequently. Someone care to explain what that stands for?

After a Google search this is what I got.
1 - 10 of about 24,200,000 for imo (http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/search?p=imo) - 0.12 sec.

1. Imperial Oil
2. International Maritime Organization
3. International mathematical Olympiad
4. The International Meteor Organization
5. Imo - A state in Nigeria.

InMyOpinion, I have done enough to confuse you.

As for not impressive Eng A I think they can win 2. Our A is not that impressive either.

TheWatcher
February 15, 2007, 09:14 PM
Our players should take encouragement from England A-team's coach-

"Playing in the subcontinent against subcontinent players is never easy, especially for lads who have never been here before," said Moores. "Out here they are good in their own conditions with a large pool of talent, even if they might not travel well. So I hope our players will learn quite a lot."

- Source (http://sport.guardian.co.uk/cricket/story/0,,2014288,00.html)

Kabir
February 15, 2007, 11:37 PM
That's one of the reasons why non-subcontinental teams feel miserable when they come for a series. It goes like this: pitch -> weather -> over-populated cities -> and so on...

Anyway, can you tell me whether the tv-rights tender cover BD-A team matches too? It would be nice to watch these guys play. I'm particularly interested in watching Zunaid, and also that Shahzada guy...are they playing in this series?

cricman
February 16, 2007, 12:00 AM

hehe

Farhad
February 16, 2007, 11:30 AM
England A in Bangladesh 2006-07

Yardy focussed on Bangladesh challenge

Cricinfo staff

February 16, 2007

The England A squad arrived in Bangladesh on Thursday with the twin aims of braving the local conditions and playing some quality cricket. With the World Cup getting underway next month and England's senior team unsettled by one or two nagging injuries, the A-squad members who have been undergoing practice sessions at the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Mirpur know full well that an impressive showing on this trip could lead to higher honours before the English season gets underway in April.

Nevertheless, Michael Yardy, England A's captain, was adamant that the sole focus for his team-mates was the current engagements. "Obviously I wanted to play in the World Cup," said Yardy during a media conference in Mirpur. "But here I am in Bangladesh with the England A side, and I see this as an opportunity to play in a different country and different condition. I am quite happy with it

"It's true that in case of an injury someone can be called up from here to join the World Cup squad," he added. "But remember this is not just about the World Cup. These players are eager to play in Tests and one-day internationals for England in future. So this tour is a learning experience for all of us. Hopefully when we will visit the subcontinent with the national team we will utilise this experience. First of all we came here to play some good cricket. Beside that we want to experience the condition, enjoy the country on and off the pitch.

Yardy is a familiar foe of the Bangladesh players, having cracked a massive 257 for Sussex at Hove, during a warm-up for the Test tour in 2005 at Hove. "Obviously I remember that innings," he recalled. "That is my highest first-class score. That was my day. I have the experience of playing against Bangladesh while they were touring England a few seasons ago. That was a very talented squad which had some promising batsmen and quality spinners. I am sure that this time we are going to face another talented side."

Having already appeared for the England one-day side last year, Yardy is determined to win his way back to the main side. "On this tour I want to lead the team well and set an example by playing good cricket. Besides that I want to get back in the national squad as early as possible. For that I have to score some big runs on this tour."

The coach, Peter Moore, was confident that his side had the ingredients to do well. "We came here with a big and balanced squad. We have a very talented legspinner [Adil Rashid] and also have some players who have the experience of playing at the highest level like Matt Prior, Yardy and Stuart Broad. So we have got a nice mixed group. These boys are quite ready to show that they are capable of stepping into the next level and that is to play for the national team."

Moores also defended the presence of only one specialist spinner in the squad. "We also have two part timers in Yardy [left-arm spin] and Alex Loudon [offspinner] who can also bat. So we've got quite a few options. We have the chance to field three spinners in a match. Besides that we have a good seam attack. Broad has just back from Australia with the triumphant CB series team. Another pacer Graham Onions can bowl with some pace. We want to have a good time and hopefully identify some future England players and win some matches, obviously."

Moores added that his side would have their work cut out on a tricky tour. "We know about your passion for the game," he told the local Bangladeshi journalists, "and we are very aware that this will not be an easy tour for us because it is very difficult to beat Bangladesh in their backyard. The conditions are obviously different from ours. The first part of any tour for the touring side is to get used to the conditions."

The team's manager, Guy Jackson, who had toured Bangladesh last month to inspect the facilities, said they couldn't have asked for more. "The facility is absolutely superb," he said of the Mirpur stadium. "You have fantastic international stadiums and the indoor facilities are equally good. In terms of potential and facilities I think Bangladesh are a sleeping giant. Now we are looking forward to the challenge of playing good competitive cricket here."

England A kick off their tour with a three-day practice game against the BCB National Cricket Academy side at the Bangladesh Institute of Sports (BKSP), starting on Saturday. They return to Mirpur for the first of two four-day matches against Bangladesh A (Feb 22-25) and then travel to Bogra for the second four-dayer (Mar 1-4), followed by the first of three one-day matches (Mar. 7). They wrap up their tour with the remaining one-dayers against Bangladesh A at Mirpur on March 9 and 11.

© Cricinfo

Farhad
February 16, 2007, 11:32 AM
Moores added that his side would have their work cut out on a tricky tour. "We know about your passion for the game," he told the local Bangladeshi journalists, "and we are very aware that this will not be an easy tour for us because it is very difficult to beat Bangladesh in their backyard. The conditions are obviously different from ours. The first part of any tour for the touring side is to get used to the conditions."

Looks like theyre trying their best to be nice:)

Kabir
February 16, 2007, 11:44 AM
I'm not sure what happened...coz I was trying to reply to Mahmood bhai's thread. It's not there...so got an error msg. So here you go Mahmood bhai, response to your question about the England-A squad.

<h3>Squad</h3><ul><li><a href="/stats/players/sussex/michael-yardy,275,PP.html">Michael Yardy (Sussex, capt)</a></li><li><a href="/stats/players/essex/ravinder-bopara,54,PP.html">Ravinder Bopara (Essex)</a></li><li><a href="/stats/players/england-a/tim-bresnan,278,PP.html">Tim Bresnan (Yorkshire)</a></li><li><a href="/stats/players/leicestershire/stuart-broad,379,PP.html">Stuart Broad (Leicestershire)</a></li><li><a href="/stats/players/hampshire/michael-carberry,174,PP.html">Michael Carberry (Hampshire)</a></li><li><a href="/stats/players/middlesex/nick-compton,222,PP.html">Nick Compton (Middlesex)</a></li><li><a href="/stats/players/worcestershire/steven-davies,56,PP.html">Steven Davies (Worcestershire)</a></li><li><a href="/stats/players/nottinghamshire/will-jefferson,124,PP.html">Will Jefferson (Notts)</a></li><li><a href="/stats/players/kent/amjad-khan,181,PP.html">Amjad Khan (Kent)</a></li><li><a href="/stats/players/warwickshire/alex-loudon,391,PP.html">Alex Loudon (Warwickshire)</a></li><li><a href="/stats/players/durham/graham-onions,395,PP.html">Graham Onions (Durham)</a></li><li><a href="/stats/players/sussex/matt-prior,71,PP.html">Matt Prior (Sussex)</a></li><li><a href="/stats/players/yorkshire/adil-rashid,509,PP.html">Adil Rashid (Yorkshire)</a></li><li><a href="/stats/players/lancashire/tom-smith,65,PP.html">Tom Smith (Lancashire)</a></li></ul><h3>Itinerary</h3><p><strong>Feb 14</strong> - England A arrive in Dhaka<br /><strong>Feb 17-19</strong> - Warm-up match v Bangladesh National Academy, Mirpur<br /><strong>Feb 22-25</strong> v Bangladesh A, Mirpur<br /><strong>Mar 1-4</strong> v Bangladesh A, SCS, Bogra<br /><strong>Mar 7</strong> v Bangladesh A, SCS, Bogra<br /><strong>Mar 9</strong> v Bangladesh A, Mirpur<br /><strong>Mar 11</strong> v Bangladesh A, Mirpur<br />

Source: http://www.ecb.co.uk/

Rizvi
February 16, 2007, 01:18 PM
InMyOpinion, I have done enough to confuse you.

As for not impressive Eng A I think they can win 2. Our A is not that impressive either.

Thanks Tiger. And You're right BD A sucks with the Fan favorite Tushar.:doh: I forgot we were comparing Eng A to BD A. But Our National team should beat them at least 2 out of 3.

Sam
February 18, 2007, 07:26 AM
<TABLE class=tablestyle id=Table1 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width=490 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Source : BCB</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Publish Date : 17-February-2007</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>Bangladesh A Team for the 4-day matches against England A</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>The following cricketers have been selected for the 18 February 2007, Sunday at Bangladesh A team for the two 4-day matches against touring <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><st1:country-region><font face=" /><st1:country-region><FONT face=Tahoma>England</st1:country-region><FONT face=Tahoma> A team.

<FONT face=Tahoma>The players are requested to report to A Team Head Coach Shaun Williams at the Dhaka Sheraton Hotel tomorrow, <st1:date Month="<font" Minute="0" 17? face=" /><st1:time Hour=">5pm.

Squad
<LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 150%; TEXT-ALIGN: justify; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Tushar Imran (Captain) <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 150%; TEXT-ALIGN: justify; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Khaled Mashud (Wicketkeeper) <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 150%; TEXT-ALIGN: justify; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Mehrab Hossain (Jr.) <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 150%; TEXT-ALIGN: justify; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Jahirul Islam Omee <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 150%; TEXT-ALIGN: justify; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Nasiruddin Faruque <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 150%; TEXT-ALIGN: justify; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Marshall Ayub <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 150%; TEXT-ALIGN: justify; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Nadif Chowdhury <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 150%; TEXT-ALIGN: justify; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Enamul Haque (Jr.) <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 150%; TEXT-ALIGN: justify; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Dollar Mahmud <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 150%; TEXT-ALIGN: justify; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Mohammad Sharif <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 150%; TEXT-ALIGN: justify; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Ziaur Rahman <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 150%; TEXT-ALIGN: justify; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Mosharraf Hossain Rubel
Nazmul Hossain

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</st1:date>

Sam
February 18, 2007, 07:49 AM
Although KM has refused to play for BD A : reports BDKhela

sar2005
February 18, 2007, 07:52 AM
Where is Rokon?? What's the use of scoring 6 fifties out of 10 league games??
Has he retired from International cricket????