PDA

View Full Version : Who is Bangladesh's Biggest Hitter?

Ponting
January 30, 2007, 07:40 AM
I would have to go with Mashrafe Mortaza and second has to be Aftab Ahmed.

What do you guys think?

(http://www.easychum.com)

Carte Blanche
January 30, 2007, 08:03 AM
If you mean a genuine hitter/pinch-hitter, Mashrafe is probably the answer to it. Out of our other batsmen, nobody comes close to Aftab and Ashraful. I'm tempted to include Rafiq in the list, but he has lost his lustre in the recent years.

BangladeshFan
January 30, 2007, 03:31 PM
the best hitter or having the most capability to hit, is ashraful. i cant recall a bangladeshi batsman ever played an innings which he played against england (90+ in 50+ balls).

the second would be aftab, my favorite batsman in Bd. Mashrafi is a good hitter but he is mostly limited to hitting spinners or part time bowlers, similar is Rafiq, they dont have the technique to hit quality bowlers which Ash and Aftab has.

al Furqaan
January 30, 2007, 04:23 PM
the best hitter or having the most capability to hit, is ashraful. i cant recall a bangladeshi batsman ever played an innings which he played against england (90+ in 50+ balls).

the second would be aftab, my favorite batsman in Bd. Mashrafi is a good hitter but he is mostly limited to hitting spinners or part time bowlers, similar is Rafiq, they dont have the technique to hit quality bowlers which Ash and Aftab has.

mash for sure...

amongst batsman its aftab, and ash is a close 2nd although i think ash is marginally better at controlling slogged hits.

ialbd
January 30, 2007, 05:00 PM
Mash in recent times....

Followed by aftab. Well aftab is a classic hitter. He doesnt use brute forces to hit a 6, he times is elegantly and the ball smoothly crosses the boundary. Ashraful is also in this club but only during his 'eid' days.....

gatekeeper
January 30, 2007, 05:45 PM
This should really be a poll between Mashrafee, Asraful, Aftab and Rafiq. BTW, I'd vote for Mash.

.........and shouldn't this be in "Bangladesh Cricket"?

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 30, 2007, 11:05 PM
jaihok,
amar kintu pochondota aktu onnorokom. amar kintu mone hoi bangladesherra shera hitterra hochhe bangladesher policera. hortaler shomoy amader police jaibhabe hit kore thaken, amar mone hoi na ar kono batsman eto jore hit korte parbe. amar mone hoi tader akjonke amader slog over a namay dawa uchit. dhannabad.

Kabir
January 30, 2007, 11:40 PM
FRB: Khati idea disen. Tobe ekta kotha thik...amader cadre ta kintu kom na. Police r cadre der modhe tofat ei je ekjon kaajer lathi diye pitay, arekjon hockeystick r boitha diye pithay. Ekhon jodi hitter chan, taile police utilize korte hobe. Jodi pinch-hitter chan, taile cadre chara laabh nai. Oder shamne Ashraful r Aftaber bell nai!!!

cricketboy
January 31, 2007, 01:13 AM
It depends. In normal match situation Ash and Aftab are good hitters but in the last overs I think Mash has more chance of hitting 6s.

crickwizard
January 31, 2007, 01:14 AM
Tamim Iqbal is the hardest hitter in BD team now

Imteaz
January 31, 2007, 01:25 AM
Mashrafee Mortaza.........(Without Class)
Aftab Ahmed................(With Class)

captain_thinking_tank
January 31, 2007, 03:15 AM
Mashrafee Mortaza.........(Without Class)
Aftab Ahmed................(With Class)
agree :up:

kfirooz
January 31, 2007, 08:08 AM
Ashraful, undoubtedly !

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 31, 2007, 08:15 AM
kabir bhai,
apni kintu thiki bolechen. ami keno jani caderderke bhulai giyechilam. othocho hortal ar moton akta guruttopurno shomoye caderder bhumika oporishim. desher jan mal bhangar dayitto kintu tader. ebong shai kajti kintu tara besh shofolbhabai palon kore thaken. dhannabad.

gatekeeper
January 31, 2007, 08:28 AM
Just get the Strike Rates for all of them from Cricinfo, that'll settle it.

nmhimal
January 31, 2007, 10:17 AM
are we talking about odi or test maches or both form of cricket

in ODI cricket
aftab played 49 matches hit 131 4's and 34 6's SR 84.61
ashraful played 85 matches hit 156 4's and 18 6's SR 70.85
Mashrafe played 51 matches hit 43 4's and 19 6's SR 102.80
Rafique played 108 matches hit 104 4's and 24 6's SR 72.21

in test cricket
aftab played 10 matches, 20 inns hit 60 4's and 3 6's SR 58.08
ashraful played 33 matches, 65 inns hit 177 4's and 17 6's SR 44.85
Mashrafe played 20 matches, 37 inns hit 33 4's and 7 6's SR 63.73
Rafique played 26 matches, 50 inns hit 101 4's and 33 6's SR 65.55
Bashar played 42 matches, 83 inns hit 374 4's and 2 6's SR 60.40

in Odi aftab is the most 6's hitter and in test rafique is the best...............
but think about bashar 4's in test, thats how he got all his runs. in odi mash got a nice healthy SR. my best is aftab. he can kill anyone in any day. go bangladesh!!!

FaltuRidwanBhai
January 31, 2007, 10:59 AM
amar mone hoi amader shera police ebong shera caderdero akta list thaka uchit. hortale kon police shob cheye beshi manush pitaise ebong kon cader shob cheye beshi jinish bhangse. dhannabad.

BD-Shardul
February 1, 2007, 01:02 AM
Aftab Ahmed Chowdhury

cricketboy
February 1, 2007, 01:16 AM
Most of our batsman are good hitter but we need players who can hold the lineup together like Dravid, or Ashwell Prince or Mohammad Yousuf.

FaltuRidwanBhai
February 1, 2007, 01:20 AM
Most of our batsman are good hitter but we need players who can hold the lineup together like Dravid, or Ashwell Prince or Mohammad Yousuf.

true. even the commentators were amazed to see the perfect timing and hit by ehsanul hoque shejan. but the maximum he could score was 15. we really dont need a couple of spactacular shots and then getting out. its better if they try to play a big innings. maybe dravids shots are not the most interesting to watch. but he is one of the most effective player. we need players like him.

Tigers_eye
February 1, 2007, 03:54 PM
Mr. Ponting,
Welcome to BC.

Biggest hitter: Who hits the most number of 6's.

Rafique hands down. 57 6s. Also you can ask Shane Warne. He will certify Rafique's ability. (Pure speculation: Since Warne was so nasty on the minnow wickets that Murali got, and then facing the brute force of the minnows himself, I guess he did not wanted live another day like that and retired on high note)

Aftab a distant 2nd with 37.
Ash with 35.
Mash with 26.
If one considers the innings factor then Aftab has a higher ratio per game. I guess in course of time from 2nd to 4th all would cross Rafique. But for now we have witnessed Rafique hitting more sixes than any BD player. In other words he is the beast of BD national team.

Fazal
February 1, 2007, 03:58 PM
Who is Bangladesh's Biggest Hitter?
Used to be Javed Omar Bellim. Now the undisputed king is Mehrab Jr.

FaltuRidwanBhai
February 1, 2007, 04:01 PM
Who is Bangladesh's Biggest Hitter?
Used to be Javed Omar Bellim. Now the undisputed king is Mehrab Jr.

bhai apni thik ki boltesen buzhlam na? apni kon angel theke dekhtesen?

uss01
February 1, 2007, 07:49 PM
I would say Rafique. He is a naturally strong guy. Aftab hits a lot of sixes, but he depends more on timing rather than strength like Rafique. When Aftab hits sixes over the head of the bowler straight down the ground, it's all timing. I have listed the strongest 3 hitter in BD cricket team at the moment in descending order:

Rafique
Mashrafee
Aftab

Habibul also depends on timing. He's a weakling, doesn't work out much. Actually the whole team needs to work out more and lift weights. Most of them don't even look like athletes. Only Rajin, Shariar, Rafique and the fast bowlers look like true athletes.

FaltuRidwanBhai
February 1, 2007, 11:09 PM
ashraful ke mazhe mazhe dekhle mone hoi na or shokti ase 100 run korar. bechera je shastho. tai na uss01 bhai? amar mone hoi amader bharottolon doler shobaike cricket khelte namano dorkar. karon ora khubi bhalo athlet. ki bolen?

PoorFan
February 2, 2007, 01:41 AM
<!--StartFragment -->Among oldies, it's Rafiq
Among young it's Aftab, Ash comes next.
Mashree cant hit big against strong team ( may be in coming days but ... )

billah
February 2, 2007, 04:59 AM
ashraful ke mazhe mazhe dekhle mone hoi na or shokti ase 100 run korar. bechera je shastho. tai na uss01 bhai? amar mone hoi amader bharottolon doler shobaike cricket khelte namano dorkar. karon ora khubi bhalo athlet. ki bolen?

Asholey FRB, Rajin kintu barottolon dol thekey esheche. Rajin ebong tar bhaiera shobai bharottolon kore ba korto. Rajin kintu motey big hitter na, abar becharar mathar shob chul o poira jaitache. Bechara boroi bekaida obosthai ache...