PDA

View Full Version : Official Abahani Supporters Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

sadi
February 2, 2007, 04:58 PM
I remember those old days when we used to fight over who is Abahani and who is Mohammedan. If you are a Mohammedan fan and you lost against Abahani, forget about coming out to play in the afternoon or go to school the next day.

Anyways, this is the official abahani supporters thread. All the abahani supporters, please join and make this thread a success. Don't be too rude to Mohammedan supporters though. ;) Poor guys are just having a tough year thats all.

Go Abahani!!!

Miraz
February 2, 2007, 05:02 PM
Yahoooooooo!!!

Abahani the best !!

Thanks Sadi bhai for the initiative.

Now, Sadi bhai, I think your spelling of Abahani is not official ;)

It should be Abahani not 'Abahoni'.

Here's is wikipedia link for our beloved Abahani Krira Chakra (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abahani_Krira_Chakra) (Now Abahani Limited). :)

Rubu
February 2, 2007, 05:05 PM
I remember those days when we used to fight over it. A rhyme we used to use a lot at that time:

ইলিশ মাছের তিরশ কাটা
বোয়াল মাছের দাড়ি
আবাহনী ভিক্ষা করে
মোহামেডানের বাড়ি
:)

Nasif
February 2, 2007, 05:09 PM
Abahoni all the way. :up:

Runtings
February 2, 2007, 05:47 PM
Mohammedan all the way :)

Miraz
February 2, 2007, 05:52 PM
What the heck Mohammedan supporters are doing here?

Go and open your separate threads and say whatever you like :mad:

Fazal
February 2, 2007, 06:03 PM
Looks like Said is a fake Abahani Fan. Shudiner Bondhu....
Otherwise how could he mis-spelled Abahani?

sadi
February 2, 2007, 06:45 PM
Looks like Said is a fake Abahani Fan. Shudiner Bondhu....
Otherwise how could he mis-spelled Abahani?

Just like you mis-spelled my name. :)

gatekeeper
February 2, 2007, 06:56 PM
Yahoooooooo!!!

Abahani the best !!

Thanks Sadi bhai for the initiative.

Now, Sadi bhai, I think your spelling of Abahani is not official ;)

It should be Abahani not 'Abahoni'.

Here's is wikipedia link for our beloved Abahani Krira Chakra (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abahani_Krira_Chakra) (Now Abahani Limited). :)

If you go by the Bangla meaning and pronunciation it is 'Abahoni', actually there's no such word as Abahani. But you see, the founders of the club was very highly educated. So obviously they misspelled and made that the offical version.

Spitfire_x86
February 2, 2007, 10:36 PM
Add me

shujan
February 2, 2007, 10:43 PM
Get real! Be Mohammedan.

Farhad
February 2, 2007, 11:02 PM
Go Old DOHS!!!

Tigers_eye
February 3, 2007, 12:06 AM
Get real! Be Mohammedan.
I knew we all type fast and omit/mis-spell words/letters.
"Get real! BeAT Moha modon."

Nasif
February 3, 2007, 12:30 AM

hahaha ....:floor::lol::floor:

AsifTheManRahman
February 3, 2007, 12:32 AM
been an Abahani fan since 1992.

Kabir
February 3, 2007, 12:39 AM

[বাংলা]বাঘের চোখ ভাই: এতো imaginative কেমনে হলেন আপনি? বেশি জোস!

আবাহনি সব সময় আমার favorite, এবং সব সময় থাকবে।
তবে একটা কথা হল যে মো্হামেডান সব সময় **** এর বাগানি থাকবে...ওদের বদলানোর কোন উপায় নেই!!! :lol:
[/বাংলা]

gatekeeper
February 3, 2007, 02:38 AM
Go Old DOHS!!!

We actually don't need a thread, We are soooooooo special.

Raised in Old DOHS, hope to retire there some day

Rabz
February 3, 2007, 06:08 AM
I've been a Abahoni fan since i started to learn ABCD's or probably even before that...
Abahoni used to be the heart and soul of everything....
God i missed that passion...
long gone the golden days of our football ( and to that extend cricket as well) rivalry..

And for those who wondering..yes..i hate... i loathe..i detest Mohammedan...
cant stand 'em...

I started a thread quite a while ago about "Abahoni or Mohammedan ?" in forget cricket section...

Sorry dont have time now.. but i'll add the link later on for those of you who are interested in a similar thread to check out who supported what....

PoorFan
February 3, 2007, 06:19 AM
Big losers in history, ask yourself who used to lose against Azad & PWD. Lozzae 'NEEL' hoye gese!:p

Miraz
February 3, 2007, 06:31 AM
Here is the logo of our beloved club.

http://www.bffonline.com/pic_gallery/CTG%20ABAhani%20LOGO.JPG

And here's the Flag and Joursey

http://www.bffonline.com/pic_gallery/CTG%20ABAhani%20Jersey.JPG

Mohiul
February 3, 2007, 08:55 AM
Dear Moha Modon Supporters!!!!!, please refrain yourselves from messing up into this thread.

আবাহনী আবাহনী
মহামদনের নিদ্রাহানি
মহামদন মরে ভয়ে
আবাহনীর জয়ে।

Tehsin
February 3, 2007, 09:56 AM
Been an Abahani fan ever since I could remember. Loved the players and their style of play early on. Got older, learned the 'history' and connection behind the club, and almost puked. Then again, Mohammedan has their own 'connections' as well. ;)

However, you know what they say about first love. I love the team for its players and their style. Have no interest in the politics that goes on behind the scene. It's like this, I'm pretty sure if Hitler had a kid, the kid could have grown up to be Ghandi. :)

Good to see them bouncing right back into the top of the league. Abahani all the way.

Sovik
February 3, 2007, 10:02 AM
abahoni all the way

Carte Blanche
February 3, 2007, 10:10 AM
Your flag reminds me of:
http://www.ogalla.org/gay-flag-optimized.gif

Your flag also resembles Kazakhstan's flag:
http://www.chevroncars.com/learn/flags/img/Kazakhstan-flag.gif
Sooooo shomokami!!!

Rabz
February 3, 2007, 10:38 AM
However, you know what they say about first love.
Abahani all the way.

Right on the money bro..spot on..
Abahoni was my first love...
and first love is always special...

ialbd
February 3, 2007, 12:44 PM
shara jibon Abahonir field a khellam (living all my life in Dhanmondi,Dhaka) and now If I dont support Abahoni (atleast over Mohamedan) it will be the biggest
nimok-harami (!!!).... All the best Abahoni......

sadi
February 3, 2007, 01:09 PM
Thanks guys. Keep the real thing going. All the fake ones can't come close to us. :)

FagunerAgun
February 3, 2007, 01:22 PM
:timeout: Some Mohammedan mamu(s)are on crack...posting in a wrong place. Poor Mohammedans:saint: ...if you change your jersy for one day, I will buy you a cold beer. How does it sound?:hairpull:

Go Abahani Go:-D . aamora aachi tumar sathe.

desirocker
February 3, 2007, 10:27 PM
Hell YA, Go ABAHONI.....Kick ***

FaltuRidwanBhai
February 4, 2007, 01:15 AM
jaihok,
asha korbo agamiteo dhanmondir ai ottijjhobahi club, abahani porobortiteo desher bibhinno sports a tader shafoller dhara obbahoto rakhbe.

Nocturnal
February 4, 2007, 01:59 AM
Long Live Our Abahani.

shujan
February 4, 2007, 02:54 AM
Abahoni boring like diler pani !:onethephone:

Abahoni supporter
panpananite chomotker
zitbe ek bochor
kadbe noi bochor.:)

sabbir ahmad
February 4, 2007, 03:12 AM
আমি কেন বাদ যাব:-d

PoorFan
February 4, 2007, 08:05 AM
Seriously guys!! I was generous and was not making comments that may hurt you.

But since you are making too much of noise … look at the color of your uniform and the design of your logo / monogram, simply shows your bad choice and taste.

Navarene
February 4, 2007, 08:24 AM
PoorFan, ekhane ki koren?? Jan jan apnader galery te jan...naki Abahonir joy joykar dekhe dol bodoler ekta chance nicchen? :)

~~~ Prthom prem: Abahoni/ Shesh prem: Abahoni ~~~

sadi
February 4, 2007, 11:30 AM
Still unbeaten. Yey!!!

Mahir
February 4, 2007, 04:35 PM
Still unbeaten. Yey!!!

ofcourse! remembering those good ole days when Abahani, both KC and Limited, dominated atop the standings in both cricket and football... miss those severely. :(

Rabz
February 4, 2007, 09:34 PM
:timeout: Some Mohammedan mamu(s)are on crack...posting in a wrong place. Poor Mohammedans:saint: ...if you change your jersy for one day, I will buy you a cold beer. How does it sound?:hairpull:

Go Abahani Go:-D . aamora aachi tumar sathe.

if there is any true convert out there who wantst to come join us the beautiful side of life..
my words... drinks on me for the whole night..not just a beer..

you will see what it feels like to be a champion

nmhimal
February 5, 2007, 12:11 AM
those good old days, miss it !!!

istiak
February 5, 2007, 02:39 PM
Your flag reminds me of:
http://www.ogalla.org/gay-flag-optimized.gif

Your flag also resembles Kazakhstan's flag:
http://www.chevroncars.com/learn/flags/img/Kazakhstan-flag.gif
Sooooo shomokami!!!

I think Abahoni is older than Kazakhstan.........:-D as it was part of USSR in 1970s.

akabir77
February 5, 2007, 02:52 PM
I used to putup the flag pole on the side of the airport road near cantonment.. Mine was the tallest pole at one time before army took down all the poles... Dang I lost a fortune buying the flag(biggest one) and the tallest pole...

yaseer
February 6, 2007, 01:18 AM
GO ABAHONI GO!!
ABAHONI IS THE BEST!!

dont know whether those days will come back or not.....but those were excellent days.....we all used to be excited at school that today there is a abahoni-mohammedan clash....tension n tension.........oohhh!!

akabir77
February 11, 2007, 10:09 AM
http://www.bdnews24.com/details.php?cid=5#tp58558

Cruchiani from Argentina is on his way with three players from argentina for ABAHANI...

Go Abahani GO

akabir77
February 11, 2007, 10:11 AM
Dhaka, Feb 11 (bdnews24.com) - Argentine football coach Diego Andres Cruciani is now expected to arrive on Wednesday instead of early Monday. His arrival schedule was changed due to non-availability of the flight.

Abahani football manager Sattyajit Das Rupu informed bdnews24.com over the telephone that Cruciani and three other Argentine players would arrive in the city Wednesday instead of Monday.

"Cruciani and three other Argentine players are now in London and they are not coming Monday due to unavailability of flight and are expected to arrive here Wednesday," said Rupu, who early told bdnews24.com that the coach and the players were coming early Monday.

Argentine football coach Diego Andres Cruciani will take the charge of Abahani Limited ahead of the first-ever professional football league, scheduled to start March 2.

Striker Hernan Parori, midfielder Merino Sanchez and defender Merino Caporale would be seen with the sky-blue jersey as the Abahani officials have pinned their hope on Cruciani selecting the foreign recruits.

"We are not going to witness the trials of three Argentine booters as we believe Crucinai would pick the right choices as he knows our local collections," said the former national booter.

Cruciani is expected to get $ 3000 per month ,besides accommodation, transport and food facilities from the club.

Earlier, Cruciani arrived in Bangladesh on August 2005 with a one-year contract as a coach of the national football team and got a one-month extension to guide the national Under-23 side and left here on September 5 last year.

The Argentine took the Bangladesh national football team to the SAFF Championship final in Pakistan where Bangladesh failed to retain the SAFF title finishing runners-up after losing to India.

Under Cruciani's supervision, Bangladesh also failed to qualify for the quarterfinals of the AFC Challenge Cup in Dhaka and conceded a worst 1-6 defeat against Tajikistan. Bangladesh U-23 team also failed to qualify for the semifinals experiencing a group phase exit.

bdnews24.com/ar/ja/2027 hrs

tutul
February 13, 2007, 04:16 AM
[বাংলা]হাল খাতায় আমিও নাম লিখালাম। আবাহনী সেই প্রিয় দল, পরাজয়ে দুঃখ পাই, বিজয়ে এখনো লাফাই।[/বাংলা]

shovon13
February 13, 2007, 04:39 AM
hell yeah. i love argentina, and i love abahani. argentine players playing in abahani....now thats heavenly.

mhj007
February 15, 2007, 02:24 AM
yahoooooo...abahoni is the best!!!they rock!!!
Junior

reverse_swing
February 15, 2007, 06:05 AM
I guess I am the only Brothers Union supporter in this board. Remember Ali Imam(coach of BU in 85)? I simply can't forget that year's league match against Abahani. We simply needed a draw to win the league and we were 2-0 at one stage and then somehow Abahani managed to win that match.

Rabz
February 15, 2007, 08:29 AM
I guess I am the only Brothers Union supporter in this board. Remember Ali Imam(coach of BU in 85)? I simply can't forget that year's league match against Abahani. We simply needed a draw to win the league and we were 2-0 at one stage and then somehow Abahani managed to win that match.

Reverse_swing,
are you for real??
i have actually never heard or known anyone supporting Brothers Union...
i mean not seriously...
may be Abahoni supporters rooting for BU when they playing against MSC or vice versa...but...no in general..

i didnt even know there were supporters for any other team except the greatest Abahoni and thier rival, the shi**iest team in the world, MSC.

reverse_swing
February 15, 2007, 10:39 AM
Reverse_swing,
are you for real??
i mean not seriously...
may be Abahoni supporters rooting for BU when they playing against MSC or vice versa...but...no in general..

i didnt even know there were supporters for any other team except the greatest Abahoni and thier rival, the shi**iest team in the world, MSC.

Oh really? Have you ever been to any Brother's dhaka league football match(don't include MSC or Abahani in this list) in your life? I mean from mid 80's to early 90's. If so then you know the answer.:) Or go to Gopibag to find out the truth!! These BU fans may be a tiny number compared to MSC or Abahani but they are hardcore fans as well same like MSC/Abahani supporters.

akabir77
February 15, 2007, 10:59 AM
Reverse_swing,
are you for real??
i mean not seriously...

SO u never been to GOPIBAG then. My grand father is from there (I mean they live there) and One of my Mama was the coach when won the 1st league title. The whole area was with color and stuff we went there (from banani ) to celebrate even though I didn't like it as I was abahani supporter...

I think they still hold more supporters then Muktijodha in dhaka.

Rabz
February 16, 2007, 06:02 AM
Oh..no..
there you go..
my secrects are out!!

I have neve been to Gopibagh!!

How could i let that happen???

sadi
May 24, 2007, 10:52 AM
Time to bring this thread up again. We've won the premier league title. For all the Mohammedan supporters, sorry guys better luck next time. :) Hurrayyyyyyyyyyyyy.

mali007
May 24, 2007, 11:01 AM
Thank you Miraz bhai. Mohammedans are mean!!! BCB secretary Mahbub Anam (Diehard
Mohammedan) did not release Tusher to play for Abahoni in the premier league vital
match!!!! Still Abahoni will win the CHAMPIONSHIP.

Tigers_eye
May 24, 2007, 11:29 AM
All chanachur supporters. We are giving away free chanachur with lots of moshla and jhal. This is the time to switch to Abahani.

tonoy
May 24, 2007, 11:31 AM
All chanachur supporters. We are giving away free chanachur with lots of moshla and jhal. This is the time to switch to Abahani.

:floor:

Protic
May 24, 2007, 11:40 AM
Yup always supported Abahoni. :D Never Mohamedan.

akabir77
May 24, 2007, 11:41 AM
Abahoni zindabad... Mohammedan murdabad...

Hoi hoi roi roi
ato trophy rakhi koi?

Champion Champion Champion....

cricket_dorshok
May 24, 2007, 11:43 AM
I was a Abahoni supporter back in the 90's. but now a days, i don't care about Abahoni or MSC.
I think they have neither a huge (Abahoni or MSC) supporter groups nor sole supremacy like before.

sadi
May 24, 2007, 01:18 PM
http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/05/25/2007-05-25__sport02.jpg

Abahani players and officials celebrate clinching the KAI-Altech Premier Cricket League title with a match in hand after their seven-wicket win over Victoria Sporting Club at the Fatullah Stadium yesterday. PHOTO: STAR

Tigers_eye
May 24, 2007, 02:07 PM
ei thread eikhaney ki korey?
This needs to be in the cricket forum.

MSC mod'er karchaji hotey parey. Nasif, Tehsin please put this thread where it belongs. :)

mali007
May 24, 2007, 02:10 PM
Sadi,
you beat me. I thought I would announce the championship. Any way , congratulations to
ABAHANI players, coach, officials and supporters all over the world for this great achievement!!!!

Nocturnal
May 25, 2007, 01:29 AM
Abahani best team ever in BD :D

Mahir
May 25, 2007, 10:56 PM
So the BC mods are anti-Abahani ? Why oh Why!!! Dont mess with the Blue-n-Yellow!

Nasif
May 25, 2007, 11:08 PM
Abahani plays cricket, so it belongs to cricket :)

Bengaliprince176
May 26, 2007, 10:28 AM
Is this Mohammedan sporting club connected to the one in Kolkata or is it just coincidence? btw, im not a Mohammedan (Kolkata based team) supporter anyway. GO EAST BENGAL FC!!! (for those kolkattans out there)

Hatebreed
May 26, 2007, 10:46 AM
Is this Mohammedan sporting club connected to the one in Kolkata or is it just coincidence? btw, im not a Mohammedan (Kolkata based team) supporter anyway. GO EAST BENGAL FC!!! (for those kolkattans out there)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammedan_Sporting_Club_%28Bangladesh%29#History

Bengaliprince176
May 26, 2007, 10:50 AM
oh rite, thats interesting! wikipedia has everything!! thanks a lot hatebreed

ZaKi
May 26, 2007, 11:06 AM
Abahaniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiii

akabir77
July 27, 2007, 10:24 AM
B league Champion

Congratulations to Abahani Supporters...
All three cups r now in our den. Football, Cricket and Hockey

Rabz
July 27, 2007, 10:45 AM
First ever B League champion who else,
but the greatest club in the world.
ABAHANI.

this is such a great day.
Football, Cricket, Hockey
we rule them all.

Dhruvo
July 27, 2007, 10:48 AM
Allright I support all bd clubs.:flag: go abahani go mohamaddan.

akabir77
July 27, 2007, 10:57 AM
Allright I support all bd clubs.:flag: go abahani go moha.......

Hey do not write the other L-) club's name in Abahani support thread i am giving you 5 minutes to delete that name else i am calling RAB.

Dhruvo
July 27, 2007, 11:00 AM
Hey do not write the other L-) club's name in Abahani support thread i am giving you 5 minutes to delete that name else i am calling RAB.
I don't care :-p .

Beamer
July 27, 2007, 11:29 AM
Don't want to rain on your parade, but, what the heck is B League? Did they win the A league? No..

Miraz
July 27, 2007, 11:49 AM
Don't want to rain on your parade, but, what the heck is B League? Did they win the A league? No..

Whatever league is introduced, Abahani will be always the first club to win it. :)

Congratulations boys!!

Mohiul
July 27, 2007, 12:57 PM
bunch of congratulations guys

sadi
July 27, 2007, 01:20 PM
Haha feel bad for the other so called big team. Ekta tournament o jitte parlo na. How sad.

One World
July 27, 2007, 01:31 PM
It reminds me a BTV short drama - where there was a Para, in the para there were two groups of fans, one supports Agomoni (abahani) and the other some thing with M. THere was joy, romance, sentiment and all these DHaka-bound social effects that you could find in pre-Humayun Ahmed dramas in BTV. Its Yesterday Once More.

MohammedC
July 27, 2007, 01:32 PM
Congrats to Abahoni

One World
July 27, 2007, 01:35 PM

what a match? I went for a Magrib prayer during the news break, coming back the score already tied and a win gave me such a smile...thanks for mentioning it.

Tigers_eye
July 27, 2007, 03:00 PM
First ever B League champion who else,
but the greatest club in the world.
ABAHANI.

this is such a great day.
Football, Cricket, Hockey
we rule them all.
We always do. This is the thrid time we did it. 74, 83 and 2007. Add Table tennis (W) to those trophy too.

Woohoo!! And there is still a game left. :)

Tigers_eye
July 27, 2007, 03:04 PM
Haha feel bad for the other so called big team. Ekta tournament o jitte parlo na. How sad.
??? jittey? What was their position?
jittey hoiley to minimum second place'a ashtey hobey agey. 4th 5th thekey ki jitbey? Onno chuna puti were in better position to compete.

Rabz
July 27, 2007, 10:47 PM
moha modon ra shara jibon mohamodon e thakbe.
ar dukhkho bhora choke amader anondo dekhbe.

Dhruvo
July 28, 2007, 05:50 AM
Can some one give me the names of the players in abahani.

Kabir
July 28, 2007, 08:53 AM
Current or previous?

Dhruvo
July 28, 2007, 09:03 AM
Current or previous?
Current

Kabir
July 28, 2007, 09:52 AM
Current

1. Aga
2. Moga
3. Choga
...and the list goes on!

Dhruvo
July 28, 2007, 10:47 AM
:lol:1. Aga
2. Moga
3. Choga
...and the list goes on!

Nocturnal
July 28, 2007, 12:46 PM
Can some one give me the names of the players in abahani.

Abahani Ltd Dhaka - First ever B League champion :)
Coach: Amlesh Sen
Manager: Sattajit Das Rupu

1. BIPLOP Bhattarjee -GK
2. Md. Atiqul Islam TARIQ -GK
3. PRODIP Poddar -defender
4. Arif Khan JOY - Captain- -midfielder
5. Mr. Kazi NAZRUL Islam -defender
6. Mehedi Hasan UZZAL - striker
7. Shahajuddin TIPU - striker
8. Md. Jahangir Alam MINTU - defender
9. ZAHED Pervez Chowdhury -midfielder
10. Abdullah Al - PERVEZ -midfielder
11. Md. Wali FAISAL -defender
12. Mahiuddin Ibnul SIRAJI -defender
13. PRANOTOSH Kumar Das -midfielder
14 Md. ABUL Hossain -midfielder
15. Zahid Hasan AMELI -striker
16. Mariano Carlos CAPORALE -defender [ARGENTINA] - only played in first round
17. OBI Mikel John -striker [NIGERIA]
18. Awudu IBRAHIM -striker [GHANA]
19. Nazmir Ahmed AMAN -midfielder
20. OBAIDUR Rahman -defender
21. Nchouwat SOULEYMAN -striker [CAMEROON]
22. Md. ANOWAR Hossain -striker
23. Mohamed KHOUBBACHE -midfielder [MOROCCO] (Loan from Sheikh Russel)

Dhruvo
July 28, 2007, 03:11 PM

1. BIPLOP Bhattarjee -GK
2. Md. Atiqul Islam TARIQ -GK
3. PRODIP Poddar -defender
4. Arif Khan JOY - Captain- -midfielder
6. Mehedi Hasan UZZAL - striker
7. Shahajuddin TIPU - striker
8. Md. Jahangir Alam MINTU - defender
9. ZAHED Pervez Chowdhury -midfielder
10. Abdullah Al - PERVEZ -midfielder
11. Md. Wali FAISAL -defender
12. Mahiuddin Ibnul SIRAJI -defender
13. PRANOTOSH Kumar Das -midfielder
14 Md. ABUL Hossain -midfielder
15. Zahid Hasan AMELI -striker
16. Mariano Carlos CAPORALE -defender [ARGENTINA] - only played in first round
17. OBI Mikel John -striker [NIGERIA]
18. Awudu IBRAHIM -striker [GHANA]
19. Nazmir Ahmed AMAN -midfielder
20. OBAIDUR Rahman -defender
21. Nchouwat SOULEYMAN -striker [CAMEROON]
22. Md. ANOWAR Hossain -striker
23. Mohamed KHOUBBACHE -midfielder [MOROCCO] (Loan from Sheikh Russel)
Wow,you really know everything about abahani ,thanks but can yuo please tell me the cricket team of abahani.

Nocturnal
July 28, 2007, 05:37 PM
.....thanks but can yuo please tell me the cricket team of abahani.

Check this thread - it's all about last year's domestic league dominated by ABAHANI :)
Premier league 2007 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=18199&highlight=cricket+league)

Dhruvo
July 29, 2007, 06:49 AM
Check this thread - it's all about last year's domestic league dominated by ABAHANI :)
Premier league 2007 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=18199&highlight=cricket+league)
Thanks nocturnal bhaiya/apu.

FagunerAgun
July 29, 2007, 09:59 AM
Nocturnal, thanks.

Sohel
July 29, 2007, 10:39 AM
B&w Atw ...

Miraz
July 29, 2007, 10:53 AM
B&w Atw ...

B&W S L atw

Omio
July 29, 2007, 07:30 PM
AMi hoilam khati AkC er supporter,,

Nafis_BD
July 30, 2007, 12:30 AM
Ami hochi DCA er supporter(don't know if they are playing in this league though) but when DCA is not playing I support Abahani!!:)

Mahir
July 30, 2007, 12:48 AM
B&W S L atw

B&W Still Loses atw... :lol: ... tell you what, their fans should keep out of winner's den! Abahani has the name, the fame, and the game! B&Y atw in its true meaning!

Nafis_BD
July 30, 2007, 12:56 AM
B&W Still Loses atw... :lol: ... tell you what, their fans should keep out of winner's den! Abahani has the name, the fame, and the game! B&Y atw in its true meaning!

Hehe:lol::lol: nice one Mahir bhaiya. Yes B&Y atw!!:)

Fazal
July 30, 2007, 11:20 AM
Good Job Abahani. And Good job Amlesh.

http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/07/31/2007-07-31__sp01.jpg

shovon13
July 30, 2007, 02:00 PM
damn abahani won the whole thing by a margin of 8 points! its been a while since they won a championship. this is hella nice to see.

Tehsin
July 30, 2007, 04:23 PM
FLAWLESS VICTORY. Well, almost. Lost a match and drew 5. But a lead of 5-8 points (MSC still has a match to go) shows exactly how they dominated the league.

nasimul
July 31, 2007, 04:33 AM
Congratulation Abahani

Sovik
July 31, 2007, 01:30 PM
east or west
abahani is the best

mali007
July 31, 2007, 01:59 PM
Abahani in my mind !!! I love you , I miss you !!

tutul
July 31, 2007, 07:26 PM
Abahani in my mind !!! I love you , I miss you !!
Oh yeah miss em big time! Congrats to players, coach, officials and all Abahani supporters. Wish Monam Munna was alive!

Puck
July 31, 2007, 09:03 PM

] (Loan from Sheikh Russel)

why is kazi nazrul referred as Mister?

Beamer
July 31, 2007, 10:58 PM
OBI Mikel John? wow..here comes Jose Mourinho looking for him !

Nocturnal
August 1, 2007, 02:17 AM
why is kazi nazrul referred as Mister?

source (http://www.bffonline.com/Players_B_League_0607.htm)

Sovik
August 1, 2007, 05:51 AM
i miss monem munna. he was a great footballer

sadi
February 4, 2008, 12:37 PM
Time to bring up this thread again, defending Champs. Lets kick some a** again, shall we?

Rabz
February 4, 2008, 12:54 PM
Perfect timing Sadi bhai.

We just beat Muktijhoddha 2-0 to reach the semis of Bijoy Dibosh Tourament.

Abahoni all the way.

Kabir
February 4, 2008, 12:58 PM
Abar jiggs.

Abahoni jindabad...Mohamedan murdabad. :D

sadi
February 4, 2008, 01:00 PM
Nice....

Who did we get for the Premier league this year so far?

Murad
February 4, 2008, 01:36 PM
Shahriar Nafees, Tushar Imran and Mohammad Rafique(not confirmed yet)

sadi
February 4, 2008, 02:12 PM
From Daily Star:

But the spotlight was on Shahriar Nafees as the left-handed national opener became the sole star traded by Abahani, as their only other notable contribution was confirming the services of successful domestic campaigner Tushar Imran for another season.

Abahani's third national pool quota has been hanging on balance and they were looking forward to filling it by including ace left-arm spinner Mohammad Rafique -- apparently the only player from the 21-member pool list who has yet to confirm any team.

After losing the battle against their archrivals Mohammedan over the inclusion of inform left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak, Abahani officials however seemed confident of ensuring the services of Rafique as they believe that there is hardly any scope left for the veteran rather than accepting their offer.

Besides Nafees, Abahani signed in eight other players on the day including national paceman Nazmul Hossain, Nadif Chowdhury along with wicketkeeper Sahagir Hossain and left-arm spinner Arafat Sunny, both of whom played for Mohammedan last season.

"I think we have a number of good players in the team and I am looking forward for a good season with this popular club," said Nafees expressing his optimism about his side's chances of retaining the title.

For the first time in his career Nafees, who had stint with the City Club for the last couple of years, is going to play the most coveted domestic competition with a popular club but the youngster was not worried about the pressure.

"I think the pressure is much higher in national team rather than any competitions. So I don't think it would be an extra pressure for me. I have decided to change the tent not only because of money but because I want to play with a good team," he said.

"I want to take the opportunity with both hands to get back my rhythm in my batting like what I had in the first year with the national side," he added.

akabir77
February 4, 2008, 02:15 PM
well done Abahani. now beat mogamadan in semis...

ops i thought this was the football thread... anyway...

Murad
February 4, 2008, 02:18 PM
I don't think Abahani could beat Mohamedan this year.

Mohamedan as good batting line up.

Tamim, Ashraful, Riyad and some good emerging players

They aslo have Razzak who can destroy any team in OD matches.

sadi
February 4, 2008, 02:50 PM
Bunch of over-rated guys they have. ;)

akabir77
February 4, 2008, 03:56 PM
I don't think Abahani could beat Mohamedan this year.

Mohamedan as good batting line up.

Tamim, Ashraful, Riyad and some good emerging players

They aslo have Razzak who can destroy any team in OD matches.

Well big names doesn't count. beside all the Ntl team players doesn't fire in local games. but you know abahani got the big cat in local games. Yeah he might score 0's in INTL matches but he is the biggest Tiger in local leagues. he is our Tusher. so relax we will give them a fight for sure...

Fazal
February 4, 2008, 06:02 PM
Well big names doesn't count. beside all the Ntl team players doesn't fire in local games. but you know abahani got the big cat in local games. Yeah he might score 0's in INTL matches but he is the biggest Tiger in local leagues. he is our Tusher. so relax we will give them a fight for sure...

So true. And I am happy Pilot is not playing for Abahani this time. In ODI Pilot was a drag for the team last season. Thats another addition by subtraction.

But I think Abahani needs few more young talents (outside national players). Anyone knows the full list?

One World
February 4, 2008, 10:12 PM
Here is a list of foreigners who played for Abahani:

Neil Fairbrother
Philip Defreitas
Illingworth (NJB or Ray?)
Wasim Akram
Basit Ali
Shahid Afridi
Mohammad Hossain
Ikbal Sekandar
Naved Anjum
Jahur Elahi
Dilip Mendis
Asoka De Silva
Samara Shekhara
Ajay Jadeja
Raman Lamba
Arun Lal

Nocturnal
February 5, 2008, 12:20 AM
Here is a list of foreigners who played for Abahani:
Illingworth (NJB or Ray?)

It was Richard Illingworth (1994)

and I will add few more names:
Gus Logie
Heath Streak (2002)
Upal Chandana (2007)

Nocturnal
February 5, 2008, 01:34 AM
So true. And I am happy Pilot is not playing for Abahani this time. In ODI Pilot was a drag for the team last season. Thats another addition by subtraction.

But I think Abahani needs few more young talents (outside national players). Anyone knows the full list?

According to different Dailies- because of the low budget Abahani offcials are trying to make a calculative team and they will find good foreign players later. Upal Chandana played that role last year. This time they need something bigger for sure.

So far Abahani Cricket Team this year (tomorrow is the last day of inter-club players' transfer).

New Comers:
Shariar Nafees
Sagir Hossain Pavel - wicket keeper
Arafat Sunny
Nadif Chowdhury
Nazmul Hossain -- bowler who was in NZ tour
Shuvashish Roy -- u-19 player
Mithu, Emon (from Kolabagan) -- don't find any details
Rajib (from Chittagang) -- don't find any details
Mohammad Rafique - will sign tomorrow

Stays:
Tushar Imran (captain)
Ziaur Rahman
Talha Jubair
Nazimuddin
Zahirul Islam Omy

Left this year:
Khaled Masud Pilot
Mashrafee Mortaza
Mohammad Shahzada
Nazmus Sadat
Sohrawardi Shuvo
Nayeem Islam

Miss: we will miss our own Manjarul Islam Rana :(

Fazal
February 5, 2008, 09:36 AM
Thanks Nocturnal.

Now lest see ...

Added Pavel - Left Pilot = Net Gain. Not a bad move in my opinion, specially for ODI

Added None - Left Mashrafee = Total Net Loss. But not much if they can find someone (internatial ) to play for key matches. Mashrafee will be busy with national team and will not play all the games anyway. Spending 10 lacs in other players may not be a bad idea even though its a PR nightmare to make the fans undersand that. Plus Mashrafee (along with Ash both Mohamedan signee) signed with IPL. So you don't know how much they will end up playing in the local league.

Added Nazmul - Left Shahzada = Net gain. Shahzada can turn out to be a better bowler in future, but not now, spacially in local league.

Added Shariar Nafees - Left Sadat = Net Gain. However I am not really too happy for two reasons: I like Sadat as a future star and Nafees is still off form.

Added Rafiq (not confirmed yet) - Left Sohrawardi Shuvo = Net Gain (for this year). But long term its a loss as Shuvo is a future star and Rafiq is fading quickly. If they spent a lot, that will be a break even or even net loss.

Left Nayeem Islam = Net loss. But how much loss? I don't know.

Added Nadif Chowdhury = net Gain. Should be a good addition.

Added Arafat Sunny = net Gain. Should be a good addition.

Added Shuvashish Roy = net Gain. Should be a good addition.

Added Mithu, Emon, Rajib = don't know much.

After looking too closely the added and subtracted list, its not bad. They lost some superstars, failed to create some splash in the news media....but when you match with players lost vs players gained.... I think they may gained some strength (except may be in opening bowler slot). The real question now is how they recruit their international players.

Rabz
February 5, 2008, 01:42 PM
Thanks Noctural and Fazal.

I think beside Mashrafee, our loss isnt that big.
Infact, young uprising talents are better off in a big club, cuz not only they play hard to make a name for themselves, but there is also that "zing" factor of playing in a big club.

Thats where club like Abahani pitches in.
They gonna make men out of this boys, something state teams (NCL) cant give.

With a big fan-fare behind them, im sure Abahoni can retain their trophy.

Nocturnal
February 7, 2008, 03:28 AM
ok so far Abahani team I found in the newspaper-
Batsman- Shariar Nafees, Zahirul Islam Omy, Nazimuddin, Tushar Imran, Nadif Chowdhury, Mahbubul Kabir (i guess he played for ctg in NCL), Kamrul (from kolabagan)
Spin- Mohammad Rafique, Arafat Sunny
Pace- Talha Jubair, Ziaur Rahman, Nazmul Hossain, Shuvashish Roy , Gazi Alamgir
Wicket Keeper- Sagir Hossain Pavel

According to Abahani official Jalal Yunus they are looking for an all rounder who can bat at number 6 and bowl spin (like chandana last year he said).....they might bring a star player from Pakistan in super league. shahid afridi??

sadi
February 7, 2008, 09:10 AM
Good posts guys!!!

Well it looks like we have quite a balanced team. Not too many superstars but the players that can produce in a consistent basis. Abahoni should start the trend to sign up a player for more than a year. Lets start with Nazimuddin and Roy. They are the future stars.

ialbd
February 7, 2008, 09:32 AM
they might bring a star player from Pakistan in super league. shahid afridi??

meh.... clubs this season might not go for big ones like Afridi (money matters). Its surprising how everytime they get a new guy from Pak/SL, who we never heard of, but he always ends up performing and justifying the investment behind him ... unline some of our national stars.....:confused:

akabir77
February 8, 2008, 10:49 AM
hoi hoi roi roi moga dan shob galo koi

THE MIGHTY ABAHANI HAS DEFEATED MOGADAN...

nasimul
February 8, 2008, 11:08 AM
Abahani defeated Mohamadan by 1-0

:fire::fire::fire:

Tigers_eye
February 8, 2008, 11:12 AM
Now you know why they wanted to have the "patano khela". Feeling bad for those who wanted to lose against Arambag. They did gauge their teams strength perfectly. They knew this would happen.

Fazal
February 8, 2008, 11:37 AM
So that makes sense why Moha Modon was doing so much Kapa Kapi and trying to avoid Abahoni in the Semi Final by trying to play fixed match... reminds me of doyal baba's parody song..

"Mansher vire chapachapi
doyal babae kore kapakapi
baba tomar bangladeshe koto kola chao
kola bagan chash koira kosto koira khao"

sadi
February 8, 2008, 11:40 AM
Don't really want to turn this into a bashing thread but what Mohamedan did was not only a shame but also show their true class.

One World
February 8, 2008, 01:34 PM
Abahani is a better team and better team won, I wish there was a pic of Manik after the match.

:fanflag: (we need a fan flag for Abahani, any volunteer to add that smily)

Beamer
February 8, 2008, 02:52 PM
You guys are funny! No Brothers Union fans here? Saints from Gopibagh?

Nocturnal
February 8, 2008, 02:55 PM
hoi hoi roi roi moga dan shob galo koi

THE MIGHTY ABAHANI HAS DEFEATED MOGADAN...

:bravo::bravo::bravo:

Rabz
February 9, 2008, 01:57 AM
Mar lathi bhag tala
moga modon er gus**i kila

Abahani all the way.

eto chapa-chapi koreo kono luv holo na modon group er

Mahir
February 9, 2008, 10:25 AM
Class defeats classless. Simple equation.

BANFAN
February 9, 2008, 03:33 PM
Top to bottom Abahani, sorry for being late to catch up the thread.

Abahani once changed footbal and sports as a whole in BD, Can't forget those golden days. Ultimately lost interest and gave up following footbal one day.

But still, success of Abahani is special, as ever. Mohamodon only spoils the beauty with typical maura attitude in sports..............

Abahani truly revolutionary...........

Rabz
February 10, 2008, 05:56 AM
Latest news of the final match...
Abahani is 2-0 up against Arambag, first half.

Nocturnal
February 10, 2008, 06:00 AM
Protiti Pharma Victory Day Club Cup tournament Final.
half time -Bangabandhu National Stadium, 5000 people in west gallary :)
Abahani 2 - 1 Arambagh . Score: 27 min- Najrul, 33 min- Emily, Dominic-44 min
Abahani should have scored two more goals in this half! Arambagh played well in last 5-7 mins and they scored in the dieing moment. If anyone wants to bring back some good old memory (very funny bangla commentary !!) then watch here through ATN bangla - Link (http://www.amaderadda.com/component/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,165/)

Nocturnal
February 10, 2008, 06:02 AM
Latest news of the final match...
Abahani is 2-0 up against Arambag, first half.

they scored one back in first half dying moment- dominic, 2-1 now :(

Rabz
February 10, 2008, 06:46 AM
any latest update Nocturnal?

Nocturnal
February 10, 2008, 06:51 AM
any latest update Nocturnal?

70 min- 3-1 for us, Jahed scored in 2nd half.

Nocturnal
February 10, 2008, 06:58 AM
damn! Liton scored for Arambagh. 3-2, exciting game, 10min left.
(Magrib Ajan in the background making me nostalgic).
and now stupid news!

Nocturnal
February 10, 2008, 07:13 AM
and that's it. Abahani wins the cup. 3-2 final score. Congrates! :)

nasimul
February 10, 2008, 08:09 AM
congrats

tiger_army
February 10, 2008, 08:32 AM
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

ei result manii na na Abahani goal churi kore jitse

Rabz
February 10, 2008, 11:28 AM
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

ei result manii na na Abahani goal churi kore jitse

go take your cr@p somewhere else mate...:lol::lol:

just learn to accept the truth

WE ARE THE CHAMPION....
MY FREIND

NO TIME FOR LOOSERS
( freddy singing on the background)

FagunerAgun
February 10, 2008, 05:38 PM
Thanks Abahoni for beating Arambagh, thus became the champ.
Abahoni agiye cholo, amora achhi tomar sathe.

Tigers_eye
February 11, 2008, 02:20 PM
Momen Munna!!
A very nice read. Calcutta East Bengal knows what he was. He was the biggest Gem BD had produced.

http://www.ittefaq.com/content/2008/02/12/news0679.htm
Must have Bangla font.

akabir77
February 27, 2008, 04:00 PM
no one reported this yet wow...

Abahani has beatn Mohammadan in 20.20

Tigers_eye
February 27, 2008, 04:07 PM
no one reported this yet wow...

Abahani has beatn Mohammadan in 20.20
Abahani'r shob ajey bajey win (faltu team'er shatey) jodi report kortey hoi taholay ei thread largest thread in BC hoiye jabey.

Mohamadan has yet to win a single match. duh!!!

Murad
February 27, 2008, 04:08 PM
mohamedan er hawa sesh.....playerra khepse.. keno tara punishmend deini jara moshrafaf ke marche...

sadi
February 27, 2008, 04:09 PM
It's getting boring now...

Nocturnal
February 27, 2008, 04:15 PM
[বাংলা]আবাহনীর কাছে হেরে সবার নীচে মোহামেডান :wave:

ঢাকা, ২৭ফেব্র"য়ারি (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম)-- টুর্নামেন্ট থেকে আগেই ছিটকে পড়েছিল তারা। তবু কিছুটা মর্যাদা ফিরে পাওয়ার সুযোগ ছিল মোহামেডানের। সেই সুযোগটাও কাজে লাগাতে পারেনি মোহামেডান। বুধবার গ্র"পের শেষ ম্যাচে চিরপ্রতিদ্বন্ধী আবাহনীর কাছে ৪ উইকটে হেরে মোহামেডান গ্র"প পর্ব শেষ করেছে পয়েন্ট তালিকার সবচেয়ে নীচে থেকে। আর আগেই সেমিফাইনাল নিশ্চিত করা আবাহনী এই জয় দিয়ে পুরো ১০ পয়েন্ট নিয়ে 'এ' গ্র"প চ্যাম্পিয়ন। 'বি' গ্র"পে এই জায়গাটা ভিক্টোরিয়ার, তারা সেমিফাইনাল খেলবে 'এ' গ্র"প রানার্স আপ সিটি ক্লাবের সঙ্গে। আর গ্র"পের রানার্স আপ সূর্যতরুণের সেমিফাইনাল প্রতিপক্ষ আবাহনী। দুটো সেমিফাইনালই হবে বৃহস্পতিবার।

বিকেএসপিতে প্রথমে ব্যাট করতে নেমে মোহামেডান ২০ ওভারে ৪ উইকেটে করেছিল ১৪৮। ৩৩ বলে ৫৩ রান করেন ফয়সাল, তার সঙ্গে রাকিবুলের ২৯ বলে ৪০ এবং ইমতিয়াজের ২৪ বলে ৩০ রানে মোহামেডান পৌঁছেছিল এই স্কোরে। জবাব দিতে নেমে মাত্র ২৫ রানে ৪ উইকেট হারিয়ে ফেললেও সগীরের ৪২ বলে ৪৩ এবং জিয়াউরের ২০ বলে ৩৫ রানের ইনিংস দুটোতে শেষপর্যন্ত ১ বল বাকি থাকতেই ৬ উইকেট হারিয়ে লক্ষ্যে পৌঁছে যায় আবাহনী। বিফলে যায় ২৪ রানে নেয়া মঞ্জুরুলের ৪ উইকেট।

দিনের অন্য ম্যাচগুলোতে ভিক্টোরিয়া (৯৭/৩) ৭ উইকেটে ওল্ড ডিওএইচএসকে (৯৪/১০), বিকেএসপি (১২০/৬) ৩০ রানে বাংলাদেশ বিমানকে(৯০/১০), সিটি ক্লাব (৯৮/৩) ৭ উইকেটে কলাবাগানকে (৯৬/১০) এবং পারটেক্স (১০৩/৯) ১৩ রানে সোনারগাঁওকে (৯০/১০) হারিয়েছে। [/বাংলা]

Nocturnal
March 10, 2008, 02:52 PM
bdnews24- [বাংলা]দুই পেসার জিয়াউর রহমান ও তালহা জুবায়েরের দাপটে বড় জয় পেয়েছে আবাহনী। নারায়ণগঞ্জের ফতুল্লা স্টেডিয়ামে সোমবার সিটি ক্লাবকে ১৬৬ রানের বিশাল হারের লজ্জায় ডুবিয়েছে বর্তমান চ্যাম্পিয়নরা। প্রিমিয়ার ক্রিকেট লিগে তিন ম্যাচে এটা তাদের দ্বিতীয় জয়। প্রকৃতির বাঁধায় আগের ম্যাচে আবাহনীর সঙ্গে পয়েন্ট ভাগাভাগি করা বিকেএসপি ধানমন্ডি ক্রিকেট স্টেডিয়ামে এদিন পারটেক্সকে ৪ উইকেটে হারিয়ে পেয়েছে প্রথম জয়।
টস হেরে ব্যাটিংয়ে নামা আবাহনীর তেমন বড় কোনো ব্যক্তিগত ইনিংস নেই। ম্যাচের একমাত্র ফিফটি করেছেন তাদের পাকিস্তানি ব্যাটসম্যান আনোয়ার হাফিজ (৫৬)। এরসঙ্গে মাহবুবুল করিম (৩৮), তুষার ইমরান (৩৯) ও নাদীফ চৌধুরীদের (৪৫*) ইনিংসগুলো যোগ হয়ে আবাহনীকে (২৫৪/৮) আড়াইশো পার করে নেয়। এরপর জিয়াউর (৩/৪৩) ও তালহাদের (৩/১৬) বোলিং তোপে ৮৮ রানে গুটিয়ে যায় সিটি ক্লাব। এই দু'জনে মিলে ১০ ওভারে ৪৭ রানে ৫ উইকেট হারানো দলে পরিণত করার পর আর ঘুরে দাঁড়াতে পারেনি সিটি। ম্যান অব দ্য ম্যাচ হয়েছেন আনোয়ার হাফিজ। [/বাংলা][বাংলা] আনোয়ার হাফিজ?? [/বাংলা]

sadi
March 10, 2008, 03:22 PM
Hong Kong er player khelte parle Hafiz bhai ki dosh korse? Premier cricket e ar big name nai.... sobai IPL, ICL e join dise....

Nocturnal
March 13, 2008, 02:57 PM
[বাংলা]জহুরুলের সেঞ্চুরিতে আবাহনীর বড় জয়
ঢাকা, ১৩ মার্চ (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম) --- জহুরুল ইসলাম অমির সেঞ্চুরিতে প্রিমিয়ার ক্রিকেট লিগে সহজ জয় পেয়েছে আবাহনী। বিকেএসপির দুই নাম্বার মাঠে বর্তমান চ্যাম্পিয়নদের তৃতীয় জয়টা পারটেক্সের বিপক্ষে, ১০৫ রানে।

টস জিতে ব্যাটিংয়ে নামা আবাহনী নির্ধারিত ৫০ ওভারে ৯ উইকেটে ২৮৬ রানের পাহাড়ের ভিত্তিটা গড়ে দেয় ওপেনার জহুরুলের সেঞ্চুরি। ১ রানে অন্য ওপেনার মাহবুবুল করিমের উইকেট হারালেও পাকিস্তানি ব্যাটসম্যান আনোয়ার হাফিজকে (৪৮) নিয়ে তার ৯২ রানের পার্টনারশিপ পথ দেখায় আবাহনীকে। এরপর তাদের তিনশোর কাছাকাছি পৌছে দেওয়ার কৃতিত্ব পেসার জিয়াউর রহমানের ঝড়ো ব্যাটিং। মাত্র ২০ বলে পাঁচটি ছক্কা ও এক বাউন্ডারিতে ৪৩ রান করেন তিনি। জবাব দিতে নামা পারটেক্স ৪৪ ওভারে মাত্র ১৮১ রানে গুটিয়ে যায়। সেঞ্চুরির জন্য ম্যান অফ দি ম্যাচ হয়েছেন জহুরুল।[/বাংলা]

Fazal
March 16, 2008, 09:12 AM
Unconquered Abahani clinch Twenty20 silverware

Sun, Mar 16th, 2008 7:30 pm BdST Dhaka, March 16 (bdnews24.com) – Abahani Limited Sunday emerged unbeaten champions in the Premier Division Twenty20 Cricket League with a convincing six-wicket win over City Club in the final at Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium.

The Dhanmondi-based outfit raced to 80 for four with nine balls to spare in reply to City's 79 all out in 20 overs.

Newcomers Surjo Torun finished third after inflicting a massive nine-wicket defeat on Victoria Sporting Club at the same venue.

Abahani dedicated their first trophy of the season to late cricketers Manjurul Islam Rana and Sajjadul Hasan Setu, who died in a road accident on this day last year in Khulna.

"It is an outcome of team effort as the team is comprised of a bunch of young cricketers who have been showing high team spirit in the Premier League," said Tushar Imran, who is captaining Abahani for the first time.

"It is a different feeling to have won a trophy under my own captaincy though I captained the team in the absence of Khaled Mashud last year," said Tushar.

Abahani vs City Club

Deciding to bat first, City Club were soon in deep trouble at 21 for four in the sixth over. Abahani pacer Ziaur Rahman rattled the top order by removing three batsmen in a row.

His partner Talha Jubair joined the party by removing City's topscorer Imran Ahmed (13) to send them tottering at 47 for five in 12.2 overs.

Left-arm spinner Arafat Sunny, who was man of the match, wiped the middle and tail, claiming five wickets for just 12 runs in his four overs.

City had also lost to Abahani in group match by six wickets.

Opener Mahbubul Karim gave Abahani a rollicking start with a seven-ball 20. He smashed three fours and a six before holing out to Mamun off Shafaq Al Jabir in the third over.

Despite the blistering start, Abahani had to wait until the 19th over and lost three more wickets before opener Zahirul Islam (29 off 45) and Shagir Hossain (1) steered their side home.

Rabz
March 16, 2008, 09:30 AM
Who else, but Abahani?

Congrats to them for making our day.

WTG!

Sovik
March 16, 2008, 02:45 PM
abahani rules

Omio
March 16, 2008, 02:55 PM
Congrates AKC,

mali007
March 16, 2008, 03:20 PM
East Or West,
Abahani Is The Best !!!!!!

Nocturnal
March 16, 2008, 04:01 PM
[বাংলা]রানার প্রথম মৃত্যুবার্ষিকীতে আবাহনীর টোয়েন্টি টোয়েন্টি শিরোপা :notworthy:

ঢাকা, ১৬ মার্চ (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম) --- গত বছর প্রিমিয়ার লিগের মাঝপথে সড়ক দুর্ঘটনা অকালে কেড়ে নিয়েছিল মাঞ্জারুল ইসলাম রানার প্রাণ। প্রিয় সতীর্থ হারানোর শোককে শক্তিতে পরিণত করে পরদিনই (১৭ মার্চ, ২০০৭) যেমন জাতীয় দলের ক্রিকেটাররা ত্রিনিদাদে ভারতকে হারিয়ে শুরু করেছিলেন স্বপ্নের এক বিশ্বকাপ যাত্রা, তেমনি রানার আবাহনী সতীর্থরাও কম যাননি। লিগ শিরোপা জিতে সেটা উৎসর্গ করেছিলেন রানাকে। আগেরবার অধরা থেকে যাওয়া টোয়েন্টি টোয়েন্টির শিরোপা জয়ের দিনেও তাদের রানার কথা মনে পড়ে গেল খুব। রোববার মিরপুর শেরেবাংলা জাতীয় স্টেডিয়ামে সিটি ক্লাবকে ৬ উইকেটে হারিয়ে তাদের এই শিরোপা জয়ের দিনটা যে রানার প্রথম মৃত্যুবার্ষিকী। অধিনায়ক তুষার ইমরান ট্রফি নিয়ে এসেই বললেন, "এটা রানার জন্য।"

টস জিতে ব্যাটিংয়ে নামা সিটি ক্লাবকে শুরুতেই ব্যাকফুটে ঠেলে দেন পেসার জিয়াউর রহমান (৩/১৯)। প্রিমিয়ার টোয়েন্টি টোয়েন্টির সেরা খেলোয়াড়ের পুরস্কার পাওয়া জিয়া ২১ রানে ৩ উইকেট হারানো দলে পরিণত করেন সিটিকে। সেখান থেকে তাদের ২০ ওভারে ৭৯ রানে অলআউট হয়ে যাওয়ার কারণ আরাফাত সানির ঘূর্ণিজাদু। এই বাঁ হাতি স্পিনার মাত্র ১২ রানে ৫ উইকেট তুলে নিয়ে হয়েছেন ফাইনালের সেরা খেলোয়াড়। এরপর ওপেনার মাহবুবুল করিমের মাত্র ৭ বলে ২০ রানের ইনিংস আবাহনীকে দেখিয়ে যায় সহজ জয়ের পথ। ১৮.৩ ওভারেই লক্ষ্যে পৌছানোয় একপ্রান্ত আগলে রেখেছেন অন্য ওপেনার জহুরুল ইসলাম (২৩*)।[/বাংলা]

Nocturnal
March 16, 2008, 09:44 PM
1.A moment of silence for Rana and Shetu before the Final.

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/3547f42dc5.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

2. Abahani players celebrate their Premier League Twenty20 triumph at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium yesterday.

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/2f99a3ae39.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

3. Captain Tushar Imran and Coach Aminul Islam (Bulbul) - taking the cup & prize money.

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/f86688c578.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

pic source - bangladesher khela

Murad
March 17, 2008, 02:06 PM
Seems like Bulbul is a good coach.

Whenever he coached the Abahani team, they won the title.

KnightBD
March 17, 2008, 02:09 PM
Congrats Abahoni, congrats Bulbul :fire:

Nocturnal
March 18, 2008, 04:06 PM
[বাংলা]আবাহনীর জয়রথ এগিয়েই চলছে

ঢাকা, মার্চ ১৮ (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম)--- অব্যাহত রয়েছে আবাহনীর জয়যাত্রা। মঙ্গলবার নারায়ণগঞ্জ ওসমানী স্টেডিয়ামে তারা ১৫০ রানের বড় ব্যাবধানে হারিয়েছে কলাবাগান ক্লাবকে। বিকেএসপির রুদ্ধশ্বাস ম্যাচে ওল্ড ডিওএইচএসের বিপক্ষে ৪ রানে জিতেছে সিটি ক্লাব এবং ধানমন্ডি মাঠে পারটেক্স স্পোর্টিং প্রথম জয় পেয়েছে ৬৫ রানে ইয়ং পেগাসাসকে হারিয়ে।

নারায়ণগঞ্জ ওসমানী স্টেডিয়ামে কলাবাগান আসলে আবাহনীর ২৬৮ রানের বিশাল স্কোরের নীচে চাপা পড়েছে। আর এই স্কোর গড়ার মূল কারিগর মাহবুবুল করিম (৮৯)। এই ওপেনার জহিরুল ইসলামকে (২৭) সঙ্গে নিয়ে উদ্বোধনী জুটিতে ৬৭ রান করে চমৎকার এক ভিত্তি গড়ে দেন। তারপর তৃতীয় উইকেটে সগীর হোসেনকে (৩৫) সঙ্গে নিয়ে ৯০ রান যোগ করে করিম আউট হয়েছেন ৭ টি চার ও একটি ছয়ের সাহায্যে ৯৩ বলে ৮৯ রানের দুর্দান্ত এক ইনিংস খেলে। শেষে নাদিফ চৌধুরী (৩৭ বলে ৩০) ও মোহাম্মদ রফিকের (২১ বলে ৩০) আক্রমণাত্মক ব্যাটিং আবাহনীকে নিয়ে যায় বড় স্কোরের দিকে।

ওই বড় টার্গেটের পেছনে ছুটতে গিয়ে কলাবাগান শুরুতেই বিপদে পড়ে। পেসারদের তোপের মুখে ৩০ রানেই ৫ উইকেট হারিয়ে বসে তারা। সেখান থেকে তো আর স্বপ্ন দেখা যায় না, তারপরও সৈয়দ রাসেলের ৫২ রানের সুবাদে কলাবাগান ৩৯.২ ওভারে ১১৮ রানে অলআউট হয়ে যায়। তাতে বড় অবদান রেখেছেন আবাহনীর অধিনায়ক তুষার ইমরান (২/৩) ও দুই পেসার নাজমুল হোসেন (৩/১৪), তালহা জোবায়ের (২/১৮)। [/বাংলা]

Murad
March 18, 2008, 04:09 PM
Ki bhai Syed Rasel er 52 bold korte bhule gelen je??

Nocturnal
March 18, 2008, 04:17 PM

[বাংলা]অন্যদলের খেলোয়াড় তো!![/বাংলা] :D

Ehsan
March 18, 2008, 04:37 PM
Hard to believe bulbul ditched Mohammedan.

jisaan
March 27, 2008, 02:40 PM
[বাংলা]অন্যদলের খেলোয়াড় তো!![/বাংলা] :D

that explains the True Mentality of a supporter of this particular club!
however, 1st true lesson comes from Victoria! more to come sooooon!:D:-D:lol:

auntu
March 27, 2008, 02:42 PM
aha re 2nd position tai gelo ........ chuk ... chuk....

jisaan
March 27, 2008, 02:43 PM
Hard to believe bulbul ditched Mohammedan.

May be.... since they have roped in the most promising and most illustrious names of bangladesh cricket, MSC officials thought that any Jodu Modhu can coach MSC to the title this year!

jisaan
March 27, 2008, 02:46 PM

and all the HaBamoni supporters have dissappeared in a flash! how pathetic! we don't have any supporter to console... sad, very sad!
wish the downfall continues and i may visit this thread... roz roz
:-D

jisaan
March 27, 2008, 02:49 PM
live in 8/A ... (answer to your ? in my most fav thread)

auntu
March 27, 2008, 02:53 PM
got u jisaan

we r 'parato' mohamedan fan. lol

mine 2

it's only we 2 here !

hazar holeo amader parar club..... dekhe shune rakhte hoi...

jisaan
March 27, 2008, 02:58 PM
i have been following domestic cricket since the late 80s! i can't remember any team as strong as the current mohammedan team...

04 national team batsmen: Junaid-Aftab-Ashraful-Rakib
best left-arm spinner in the world (in ODIs): Abdur Razzak
most promising batsmen: Imtiaz-Imrul-Nadimuddin
one of the best in domestic circuit: Faisal
most promising pacer: Dollar
most promising spinner: Shuvo
ex-national team pacers: Tapash-Tareq-Monju

i'll remember this team as the "Strongest Ever Team" in the history of domestic cricket.

auntu
March 27, 2008, 03:02 PM
i have been following domestic cricket since the late 80s! i can't remember any team as strong as the current mohammedan team...

i'll remember this team as the "Strongest Ever Team" in the history of domestic cricket.

:notworthy::notworthy:

khubi shotto kotha:)

auntu
March 27, 2008, 03:03 PM
but jissan ei findings ta amader thread e dio kintu.

ekhne obosho pora gondho pacchi.......

jisaan
March 27, 2008, 03:04 PM
got u jisaan

we r 'parato' mohamedan fan. lol

mine 2

it's only we 2 here !

hazar holeo amader parar club..... dekhe shune rakhte hoi...
ora bod hoy kante kante ghumaya porse....

akabir77
March 27, 2008, 03:07 PM

with all these names they were at NUMBER WHAT position in 20/20?:floor::floor::floor:

jisaan
March 27, 2008, 03:08 PM
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 1px solid">Originally Posted by muradnyc
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->অন্যদলের খেলোয়াড় তো!! :D[বাংলা]অন্যদলের খেলোয়াড় তো!![/বাংলা] :D

don't think they have the guts to visit OUR THREAD soon.
tai diye rakhlam. don't want them to miss HISTORY-in-THE-MAKING

jisaan
March 27, 2008, 03:18 PM
with all these names they were at NUMBER WHAT position in 20/20?:floor::floor::floor:

and, my dear, how many of them played in 20/20?
considering the fact that you may not have as strong memory as a MSC supporter, let me remind you that
our main 3 batsmen 1) ASH, 2) AFTAB, 3) JUNAID & best bowler 4) RAZZAK was on national duty
5) Dollar, 6) Shuvo & 7) Nadimuddin was playing in U19 wc.

you've failed to beat even victoria with your full strength team. and we had to do without 7 of our first 11 players.
c'mon... be honest enough to admit that ONLY MSC could dare to take the field under those conditions.
not so long ago, we've seen the nakhrami of clubs when they had to face similar situations!
but, again, there is ONLY ONE MOHAMMEDAN in the country.

don't try to sell that t20 any more!
phaaaaka mathe goal dite ke na pare?

akabir77
March 27, 2008, 03:31 PM
and, my dear, how many of them played in 20/20?
considering the fact that you may not have as strong memory as a MSC supporter, let me remind you that
our main 3 batsmen 1) ASH, 2) AFTAB, 3) JUNAID & best bowler 4) RAZZAK was on national duty
5) Dollar, 6) Shuvo & 7) Nadimuddin was playing in U19 wc.

you've failed to beat even victoria with your full strength team. and we had to do without 7 of our first 11 players.
c'mon... be honest enough to admit that ONLY MSC could dare to take the field under those conditions.
not so long ago, we've seen the nakhrami of clubs when they had to face similar situations!
but, again, there is ONLY ONE MOHAMMEDAN in the country.

don't try to sell that t20 any more!
phaaaaka mathe goal dite ke na pare?

oh my dear we are not such stupid that we will build a team only with ntl players when up front we know they won't be playing. Abahani is always the road maker in bangladesh history and i am sure mogadan has learnt their leassons (if they r not busy beating up players that is) and will follow the mighty Abahani.

By the way we won the 20/20 with out the ntl players even though they were available. shows the strength.

And Ato kanna kati r dor ker nai (like in football when mogadan played patano khela to avoid MIGHTY Abahani) we will beat you and put you in your right full position number 6 with or without NTL players.

Then may be you will cry foul saying the weather was not good, ump was not good...

Wake up!!!

Mohiul
March 27, 2008, 05:05 PM
jisaan, tumi eshob buli tomader thread e giye maro kintu ekhane na. bujhte parcho no moy ekhon? bhulo na kintu

MohammedC
April 1, 2008, 02:31 AM
Come on Abahani

BANFAN
April 1, 2008, 07:19 AM
:notworthy::notworthy:
"Jishan: i'll remember this team as the "Strongest Ever Team" in the history of domestic cricket."
khubi shotto kotha:)

ISHHH, I am so sorry for you guys, If this is the output of the best Momedan team of the history ...... Point table e apnader bodh hoy ajibon matha nichu korei dekhte hobe.

Dol bodol korte chaile korte paren, ekhono shomoy ache ..

:lol:

Miraz
April 1, 2008, 08:35 AM
Yay!! Abahani defeated Mohamedan by 2 wickets in the crucial Premier League match.

Congrats!!

Mohiul
April 1, 2008, 08:38 AM
Alhamdulillah. Yahhhhooooooo!!!

KnightBD
April 1, 2008, 09:14 AM
Good comeback Abahoni... Keep the drums rolling :D
Gook knock SN :up:

akabir77
April 1, 2008, 09:16 AM
dekhsen bhai ami kintu agai koisilam abhani jitbo mogadaner logey

see my post 188...

yahooo best news in months...

Fazal
April 1, 2008, 10:05 AM
Where is the score card?

Miraz
April 1, 2008, 10:11 AM
Where is the score card?

Here's the scorecard. :)

Fazal
April 1, 2008, 10:14 AM
Here's the scorecard. :)

Khaisey
What kind of scriptic language is that? What decoder do I need to use to get the scorecard?

Miraz
April 1, 2008, 10:15 AM
Khaisey
What kind of scriptic language is that? What decoder do I need to use to get the scorecard?#

Batti change koren bhaijan. Philips lagan... sobsob fokfoka. :)

Try to zoom in, it's difficult but legible.

nasimul
April 1, 2008, 10:55 AM
congrats Abahani

thebest
April 1, 2008, 11:36 AM
So strongest ever team in the history of domestic cricket(?)(should be Mohamaden) is not good enough to beat one of the weakest Abahoni Team. Haha
Rule Abahoni

Omio
April 1, 2008, 12:09 PM
wooooow,Abahani won the match..

BANFAN
April 1, 2008, 12:45 PM
Yahoooooo....Googleeeeeeee ........ everything

Congrats Abahani, born to win

Rabz
April 1, 2008, 01:06 PM
I dont really care where we stand in the points table,

WE BEAT MOHA MODONS.

thats what matters the most.

ABAHANI ALL THE WAY.

Nocturnal
April 1, 2008, 01:17 PM
:fire::fire::fire:
[বাংলা]আলহামদুল্লিলাহ।
বাংলা প্রবাদটা মনে পড়তেছে- ঘেউ ঘেউ করা কু*, কামড়ায় কম :-D
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/82/AbahaniDhakaLogo.jpg

মোহামেডানকে লড়াই করে হারালো আবাহনী
ঢাকা, ১ এপ্রিল (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম) --- ম্যাচ বিকেল পর্যন্ত গড়ালেও এর ভাগ্য সকালেই নির্ধারিত! কেউ কেউ এমন মনে করলেও প্রিমিয়ার ক্রিকেট লিগে আবাহনী-মোহামেডান ম্যাচের ভাগ্য জানার জন্য সেই বিকেল পর্যন্তই অপেক্ষায় থাকতে হল সবাইকে। টার্গেটও অনেকের কাছে সহজসাধ্য বলে মনে হলেও আবাহনী জিতলো কঠিন করে। মিরপুর শেরেবাংলা জাতীয় স্টেডিয়ামে মঙ্গলবার মাত্র ২ উইকেটের জয় দিয়ে ১৭ পয়েন্ট নিয়ে আপাতত বিমানের সঙ্গে যৌথভাবে দ্বিতীয় স্থানে থেকে লিগের প্রথম পর্ব শেষ করলো তারা। বিমানের অবশ্য এখনো এক ম্যাচ বাকি। এ কারণেই ১৮ পয়েন্ট নিয়ে এখনো এগিয়ে থাকা মোহামেডানের শীর্ষে থেকে সুপার লিগ শুরু নিয়ে সংশয়।

দলে জাতীয় দলের পাঁচ জন ক্রিকেটার। এদের তিন জনই আবার টপ-মিডল অর্ডার ব্যাটসম্যান। কিন্তু তারা নিজেদের নামসর্বস্ব বানিয়ে বসে থাকায় মোহামেডান ৪৯.৫ ওভারে মাত্র ১৬২ রানে অলআউট। এই রান তাড়া করতে নামা আবাহনীর ম্যাচ-ভাগ্য ঝুলে যায় জয় থেকে ৪ রান দূরে থাকতে অষ্টম উইকেট হারানোয়। ২০ বল বাকি থাকতে আফতাব আহমেদের ওভার থ্রোতে পাওয়া বাউন্ডারি দিয়ে জয়ের তীরে পৌছালেও এই ম্যাচে দু'দল মিলে করেছে মাত্র ৩২৬ রান। অথচ উইকেট পড়েছে আঠারোটি। আবাহনী অধিনায়ক তুষার ইমরান বললেন, "ক্রিকেটারদের মধ্যে স্নায়ুর চাপ কাজ করেছে বলে মনে হয়।"

মোহামেডান অধিনায়ক মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুল অবশ্য এর সঙ্গে একমত হতে পারছেন না, "স্নায়ুর চাপ-টাপ কিছু নয়। ব্যাটিংটা একদমই ভালো হয়নি। আমাদের প্রথম ছয় ব্যাটসম্যানের তিনজন হয়েছে রানআউট। আমি নিজে বাজে শট খেলে আউট হয়েছি।" জিয়াউর রহমানের বলে বোল্ড হয়ে ওপেনার জুনায়েদ সিদ্দিকী (৫) মোহামেডানকে ১৭ রানে ৩ উইকেট হারানো দলে পরিণত করে গেছেন সকালেই। এর আগে-পরে উইকেটকিপার আনোয়ার হোসেন (৬) ও আফতাব আহমেদ (১০) রান আউট হয়েছেন নাদীফ চৌধুরীর থ্রোতে।

শুরুতেই দল বিপদে পড়ে যাওয়ায় দেখেশুনে খেলার কথা ছিল আশরাফুলের। কিন্তু ম্যাচে আরাফাত সানির (৩/২৯) প্রথম বলেই ভুলের খেসারত দিলেন তিনি। বাঁ হাতি স্পিনারের অফস্টাম্পের ওপরের বলে সুইপ করতে গিয়ে আশরাফুল (২০) বোল্ড হওয়ার পরের বলেই রাকিবুল হাসান (১৪) রানআউট। ৬৭ রানে ৬ উইকেট নেই মোহামেডানের! ঠিক আগের ম্যাচে বিমানের বিপক্ষে রান তাড়া করতে নেমে এই অবস্থা থেকে ম্যাচ বের করে নিলেও চিরপ্রতিদ্বন্দ্ব দের সঙ্গে ভালো সংগ্রহ গড়তে পারেনি তারা। তারপরও সোহরাওয়ার্দী শুভ (২৭), আব্দুর রাজ্জাক (২১) ও ডলার মাহমুদের (২৫) তিনটি বিশোর্ধ্ব ইনিংসে দেড়শো পার হয়েছে মোহামেডান।

১৬২ রান তাড়া করতে নেমে আবাহনীও বিপদে পড়েছে। তবে সেটা যতটা না প্রতিপক্ষের বোলারদের কৃতিত্বে তার চেয়ে বেশি নিজেদের ব্যাটসম্যানদের ব্যর্থতায়। তুষার ইমরান ম্যাচশেষে বলছিলেন, "এই উইকেটে শুরুর দিকেই যা একটু স্ট্রোক খেলা যায়। এরপর বল নীচু হয়ে আসে। তাছাড়া বলও নরম হয়ে যায়। তখন বল তুলে মারতে গেলেই সমস্যা।" অন্যদের অবস্থা বাদ দিন। ম্যাচ সর্বোচ্চ ৫৭ রান করা শাহরিয়ার নাফীসও তো শুভর বলে রিভার্স সুইপ করতে গিয়ে ডিপ কাভারে ক্যাচ দিলেন। ৪১ রান করে দলকে জয়ের প্রায় তীরে পৌঁছে দেওয়া নাদীফেরও প্রয়োজন ছিল না তুলে মারার। কারণ তখন জিততে দরকার মাত্র ৪ রান। অষ্টম ব্যাটসম্যান হিসেবে তিনি আউট হওয়ার পরেই ম্যাচটার রুদ্ধশ্বাস সমাপ্তির অপেক্ষা করছিলেন সবাই। তা আর হয়নি আফতাবের ওভার থ্রো'র কারণে। [/বাংলা]

mali007
April 1, 2008, 03:16 PM
Champion hoi aar naa hoi --------- mohammedan-kay hariechi tatei aananda !!!!!

One World
April 1, 2008, 09:23 PM
Hehehhehehehheheheh

AsifTheManRahman
April 1, 2008, 10:04 PM
Mohamedan ekta loserer dol.

PoorFan
April 1, 2008, 10:18 PM
Mohamedan ekta loserer dol.
Taking pride from defeating a loser is a 'bissho loser'.

Fazal
April 2, 2008, 12:41 PM
Khaiseee

PoorFan is really Poor. Ekyee to Bangladesh-ke Support Korey..... Tar upoor Modamedan?

AsifTheManRahman
April 2, 2008, 05:09 PM
Khaiseee

PoorFan is really Poor. Ekyee to Bangladesh-ke Support Korey..... Tar upoor Modamedan?

Or in his words, a bissho loser ;)

PoorFan
April 2, 2008, 10:20 PM
Khaiseee

Are Fazal miya ... ek maghe sheet jay na ... just wait few more days and see ... 'bissho loser' to reveal pretty soon.

Nocturnal
April 25, 2008, 02:30 PM
[বাংলা]ক্লাব কাপ হকি
আবাহনী শিরোপা পুনরুদ্ধার স্বপ্নে বাধা হতে চায় সোনালী ব্যাংক

ঢাকা, এপ্রিল ২৫ (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম)--- ক্লাব কাপ হকি শিরোপা পুনরুদ্ধারের স্বপ্ন দেখছে আবাহনী। ফাইনালের প্রতিপক্ষ অখ্যাত সোনালী ব্যাংক এই স্বপ্নের প্রনোদনা হলেও ব্যাংক দল অঘটন ঘটিয়ে দেওয়ার প্রত্যয় নিয়েই শনিবার বিকেল ৪ টায় মাওলানা ভাসানী হকি স্টেডিয়ামে নামছে ক্লাব কাপ হকির ফাইনাল খেলতে।

শক্তির বিচারে লড়াইটা আপাতত একপেশে মনে হলেও আবাহনীর কোচ মাহবুব হারুন কিন্তু সোনালী ব্যাংককে হালকাভাবে নিতে নারাজ। আবাহনীর এই সাবেক হকি খেলোয়াড় বলেছেন, "ফাইনালে আমরা ঊষাকে আশা করেছিলাম। কিন্তু যারা শক্তিশালী ঊষাকে হারিয়ে ফাইনালে উঠতে পারে তাদের কমজোরি ভাবার কোনো কারণ নেই। তারা সেমিফাইনালে খুব ভাল খেলেছে।" সেমিফাইনালে ঊষাকে ২-১ গোলে হারিয়ে ফাইনাল নিশ্চিত করেছে সোনালী ব্যাংক।

সেখানে অনেক অঘটনের জন্ম দিয়ে কষ্টসৃষ্টে সেমিফাইনালের বাধা পার হয়েছে ফেবারিট আবাহনী। তারুণ্যনির্ভর মোহামেডানকে কোনোরকমে টাইব্রেকারে হারিয়ে ফাইনালে উঠেছে তারকা সমৃদ্ধ দলটি। ফাইনালের ঠিক আগের ম্যাচে দলের এই হাল দেখে আবাহনী কোচ বারবার সতর্ক করে দিচ্ছেন এভাবে, "আমার মনে হয় সেমিফাইনালে আমাদের খেলোয়াড়রা একটা শিক্ষা পেয়েছে। তারপরও সোনালী ব্যাংকের অতো নামডাক নেই কিংবা অভিজ্ঞতার অভাব আছে বলে হালকাভাবে নিলে আবার বিপদে পড়তে হতে পারে। তাদের তিন-চারজন তরুণ খেলোয়াড় খুব ভাল খেলছে।"

নিজের দলের খেলোয়াড়দের সতর্ক করে দিলেও মাহবুব হারুন এতটুকু কুন্ঠাবোধ করছেন না আবাহনীর গায়ে ফেবারিট তকমা লাগাতে। "আমরাই ফেবারিট। তবে সেমিফাইনালের কথা ভুলে গিয়ে আগের লিগ ম্যাচগুলোর মতো খেলতে হবে আমাদের"-- বলেছেন আবাহনীর সাবেক এই মিডফিল্ডার।

কিন্তু ঊষাকে হারানো সোনালী ব্যাংক ফাইনালে আরেকটি অঘটনের জন্ম দিতে চায়। সেজন্য ব্যাংক দলের অধিনায়ক আশিকুজ্জামান নিজের দলের কিছু ইতিবাচক দিকের কথা উল্লেখ করেছেন, "অন্য যে কোন দলের চেয়ে আমাদের খেলোয়াড়দের ফিটনেস ভাল। সেটাই ছিল ঊষাকে হারানোর পেছনে মূল কারণ। তাছাড়া আমাদের টিম স্পিরিট এবং টুর্নামেন্টে আমাদের ধারাবাহিকতা অনেক ভাল।" একমাত্র মোহামেডানের বিপক্ষে তারা এলোমেলো খেলেছে। ব্যাংক অধিনায়কের চোখে কারণটা হচ্ছে, "ওই ম্যাচে আমাদের তরুণ খেলোয়াড়রা ম্যাচের টেম্পো ধরতে পারেনি। কিন্তু তারপর থেকে প্রত্যেক ম্যাচে তারা উন্নতি করেছে।"

সেই উন্নতির ধারা ফাইনালেও বজায় রাখতে পারলে আবাহনীর শিরোপা পুনরুদ্ধারের কাজটা কঠিন হয়ে যাবে। [/বাংলা]

Nocturnal
April 25, 2008, 02:31 PM
Go Abahani Go :)

Rabz
April 26, 2008, 12:33 PM
We did go, all the way!

Abahani does it again, this time in hockey!

We are the champions of Club Cup Hockey.

Sovik
April 26, 2008, 01:08 PM
Who gave this thread a poor rating? grow up

Rabz
April 26, 2008, 01:16 PM
Who gave this thread a poor rating? grow up

Who else but some disgraced moha modon fan

MohammedC
April 26, 2008, 01:34 PM
GO Abahani.
BTW Moha modon did not even make it to the final. I wonder who beat them

Nocturnal
April 26, 2008, 01:46 PM
We did go, all the way!

:fire::bravo::bighug:

nasimul
April 26, 2008, 04:34 PM
congrats

BANFAN
April 27, 2008, 12:04 PM
We did go, all the way!

CONGRATS !!!

BRAVO ABAHANI :)

Nocturnal
May 12, 2008, 02:46 PM
[বাংলা]নারায়ণগঞ্জের ফতুল্লা ওসমানী স্টেডিয়ামে সোমবার বিকেএসপি ৪ উইকেটে হারিয়ে দিয়েছে মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুলের মোহামেডানকে। এই হারে পয়েন্ট তালিকার তিন নাম্বারে (২০) নেমে গেল তারা। আর বিকেএসপি দুই নাম্বার মাঠে সিটি ক্লাবকে ৯৪ রানে হারিয়ে শীর্ষে থাকা বিমানের ঠিক পেছনে এসে দাঁড়ালো আবাহনী (২১)। সূর্যতরুণের বিপক্ষে ৬ উইকেটের জয় বিমানের (২৩) শীর্ষস্থান অটুট করেছে আরো।

আবাহনীকে সহজ জয়ের পথ দেখিয়েছে বাঁ হাতি স্পিনাররা। মাশরাফির মতোই রান খরচে ভীষণ কৃপণ মোহাম্মদ রফিকের (৭.১-৩-৮-৩) নেতৃত্বে অন্য দুই বাঁ হাতি আরাফাত সানি (২/২১) ও রেজাউল করিমেরও (২/২৮) ঘূর্ণিজাদু সিটি ক্লাবকে ৪২.১ ওভারে ১৩৫ রানেই শেষ করে দেয়। বোলিংয়ে সম্মিলিত প্রচেষ্টা থাকলেও এর আগে টস জিতে ব্যাট করতে নামা আবাহনীকে ২২৯ রানে পৌছে দেওয়ার কৃতিত্ব নাদীফ চৌধূরীর একার। ৪৭ রানে ৩, ৮০ রানে ৫ এবং ১৭০ রানে ৮ উইকেট হারানোর পরও আবাহনীকে দুইশো পার করিয়ে নিয়েছেন তার ৮৪ বলে অপরাজিত ৮০ রানের ইনিংসটি। যেখানে বাউন্ডারি মাত্র দুটো হলেও ছক্কা ছয়টি। সুবাদে ম্যাচ সেরাও নাদীফই। [/বাংলা]

[বাংলা] পয়েন্ট তালিকা বিমান- ২৩, আবাহনী-২১, মোহামেডান- ২০.
(খেলা বাকি - ৩টি করে)[/বাংলা]

source- bdnews24.com

Kathbirali
May 14, 2008, 06:56 AM
Yeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!.... Go......... Abahani!!!!!!!!! I m always a fan of abahani and now hv become a part of it ... so... its only and ONLY Abahani... thnx Sadi

sadi
May 14, 2008, 09:49 AM
Abahoni vs Mohamedan tomorrow. I wish I had BTV here. :)

Nocturnal
May 14, 2008, 02:10 PM
[বাংলা]<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="621"><tbody><tr><td class="dotbb" height="30" valign="top" width="508">মর্যাদার লড়াইয়ের আগে সমস্যায় দুই দলই</td> <td class="dotbb" valign="top" width="54">http://www.bdnews24.com/image/print.gif
</td> <td class="dotbb" valign="top" width="54">http://www.bdnews24.com/image/email.gif
</td> </tr> <tr valign="middle"> <td colspan="3" class="ddate" height="29">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> ঢাকা, ১৪ মে (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম) --- আবাহনী-মোহামেডান মর্যাদার লড়াই বলতে কী বোঝায়, এ বছরই সেটা প্রথম বুঝেছেন মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুল। প্রিমিয়ার ক্রিকেট লিগের প্রথম পর্বে সেই লড়াইয়ে ২ উইকেটে হেরেছে তার দল মোহামেডান। বৃহষ্পতিবার মিরপুর শেরেবাংলা জাতীয় স্টেডিয়ামে সুপার লিগের ম্যাচ জিতে তাই মর্যাদা রক্ষায় বেশ সচেষ্ট এই প্রথম বড় দুই দলের একটাতে নাম লেখানো জাতীয় দলের অধিনায়ক, "মর্যাদার লড়াইয়ে প্রথমবার জিততে পারিনি। এবার জিততেই হবে।"

কথাটা বললেন বটে, তবু যেন পুরোপুরি আত্মবিশ্বাসী নন মোহামেডান অধিনায়ক। যদিও মর্যাদার লড়াইয়ে জেতার মতো রসদ মোহামেডানের অস্ত্রাগারে মজুদ আছে ভালোই, কিন্তু ইতিমধ্যেই আবার সেগুলোর কার্যক্ষমতা নিয়ে প্রশ্ন উঠে গেছে। বিশেষ করে সবচেয়ে বেশি জাতীয় দলের ব্যাটসম্যান সমৃদ্ধ দলটিকেই কিনা ব্যাটিং নিয়ে দুঃশ্চিন্তায় কাতর হতে হচ্ছে। জাতীয় দলের হয়ে রান করতে ভুলে যাওয়া ব্যাটসম্যানরা বাজে সময়ের মধ্যে দিয়ে যাচ্ছেন সুপার লিগেও। প্রথম ম্যাচে আশরাফুল অপরাজিত ৭০ রান করলেও পরের ম্যাচেই তার সঙ্গে ব্যর্থ হয়েছেন জুনায়েদ ইমরোজ ও আফতাব আহমেদরাও। সুবাদে বিকেএসপির কাছে হারের স্মৃতি নিয়েই আবাহনীর বিপক্ষে এই ম্যাচ খেলতে নামছে তারা।

যে ম্যাচে হারা মানে শিরোপার লড়াই থেকে একরকম ছিটকেই যাওয়া। ১৩ ম্যাচে ২৩ পয়েন্ট নিয়ে শীর্ষে থাকা বিমান বৃহষ্পতিবার মুখোমুখি হচ্ছে পয়েন্ট তালিকার চার নাম্বারে থাকা বিকেএসপির। সমানসংখ্যক ম্যাচে আবাহনী ও মোহামেডানের পয়েন্ট যথাক্রমে ২১ ও ২০। তবে মোহামেডানের জন্য আশার কথা, ব্যাটিং নিয়ে দুঃশ্চিন্তা আছে আবাহনী শিবিরেও। তাদের অধিনায়ক তুষার ইমরান সেটা অকপটে স্বীকারও করেছেন, "সুপার লিগের প্রথম দুই ম্যাচে আমরা জিতেছি ঠিকই, কিন্তু আমাদের প্রথম সারির ব্যাটসম্যানরা বড় স্কোর পায়নি। মোহামেডানের বিপক্ষে জিততে হলে ওদের কাছ থেকে বড় ইনিংস পাওয়া জরুরী।"

তবে তুষারের জন্য স্বস্তির কারণও আছে। এই যেমন তাদের দুই বাঁ হাতি স্পিনারের পারফরম্যান্স, "প্রতি ম্যাচেই দারুণ বোলিং করছেন রফিক ভাই (মোহাম্মদ রফিক) ও আরাফাত সানি। তারা দুজনে মিলে কিছু না কিছু করছেন।" আশরাফুলের অবশ্য এই জায়গা নিয়েও নির্ভার থাকার উপায় নেই। আব্দুর রাজ্জাক আইপিএলে চলে যাওয়ায় অনেকটাই নির্বিষ হয়ে গেছে মোহামেডানের স্পিন ডিপার্টমেন্ট। সেটা একাই সামলাতে হচ্ছে সোহরাওয়ার্দী শুভকে। সেই সঙ্গে ব্যাটিং নিয়ে তো ভাবতে হচ্ছেই আশরাফুলকে,"ব্যাটিং নিয়ে দুঃশ্চিন্তায় আছি খুব। একেই আমি নিয়মিত রান করছি না। তারওপর জুনায়েদ, আফতাব- কারো ব্যাটেই রান নেই।"

ওদিকে ব্যাটিং শক্তি বাড়াতে আবাহনী শ্রীলঙ্কা থেকে উঁড়িয়ে এনেছে এক ক্রিকেটারকে। চারটি একদিনের আন্তর্জাতিক ম্যাচ খেলা এই ক্রিকেটারটি মূলত বাঁ হাতি ব্যাটসম্যান। সঙ্গে লেগস্পিন বোলিংটাও করেন। তবে আবাহনী অধিনায়ক, কোচ আমিনুল ইসলাম বুলবুল থেকে শুরু করে অনেক ক্লাব কর্মকর্তাই তার নাম উচ্চারণ করতে পারলেন না ভীষণ কঠিন বলে! ক্রিকইনফোর সাহায্য নিয়ে দেখা গেল তার নাম থিলানা কান্দাম্বি (http://content-www.cricinfo.com/srilanka/content/player/49363.html)!

এই ম্যাচটি সরাসরি স¤প্রচার করবে বাংলাদেশ টেলিভিশন। খেলা শুরু হবে সকাল সাড়ে ৯টায়। [/বাংলা]

Tigers_eye
May 14, 2008, 02:21 PM
Can someone donate a pasifier/nookie/binky to Ashraful? make sure you have your camera ready when he puts it in his mouth.

Razi
May 15, 2008, 05:40 AM
Mohammedan no match for Abahani...!!!

Mohammedan Vs Abahani Ltd
Mohammedan 133/10 Overs - 47.2 (Anwar 34, Aftab 26, Ashraful 24)
Abahani Ltd 134/1 Over - 21.2 (Pavel 67*, Nafees 62*)
Abahani Ltd won by 9 wickets (Dhaka Premier Cricket Super League 08; Toss: Abahani; MOM: Sagir Hossain Pavel; Venue: SBNS; Date: 15th May 08)

Fazal
May 15, 2008, 09:00 AM
Eshhhhhhh. Ektur jonno 10 wicket-e haraitey parlo no.

Mohamedan team is filled up with all Gordhobs and in top are two senior national players Ash and Aftab who both thougt they did pretty good in Pakistan tour. What they have to say now? "Personally we did pretty good as we scored 26 and 24".

Kathbirali
May 15, 2008, 09:06 AM
yeeeeee we won! we won!!!!! if i hadnt exm, i could go to c the match... :(

sadi
May 15, 2008, 09:58 AM
Abahoni did the right thing by not picking any of these losers. Very good team selection with full of minnow basher. :) Yeah, I consider Mohamedan as a minnow as well in domestic league. Job well done, Abahoni. Now, go get your real opponent, Biman.

akabir77
May 15, 2008, 10:05 AM
No one will pick Ash and aftab next session if they(clubs) have any brain...

Rabz
May 15, 2008, 10:11 AM
Yet another Abahani win against Mohamodons.
We are just too good!

Kabir
May 15, 2008, 12:34 PM
I know...mohamedan gu er bagan...abahoni is just too good :D

Nocturnal
May 15, 2008, 01:07 PM
[বাংলা]মোহামেডানকে ৯ উইকেটে হারিয়েছে আবাহনী
মনেই হয়নি এটা আবাহনী-মোহামেডান ম্যাচ!!!

ঢাকা, ১৫ মে (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম) --- একবারের জন্যও এটাকে 'মর্যাদার লড়াই' বলে মনে হয়নি, বরং বড় কোনো দলের সঙ্গে ওরিয়েন্ট স্পোর্টিংয়ের একপেশে ম্যাচ বলেই মনে হয়েছে বেশি! যেখানে বৃহষ্পতিবার মিরপুর শেরেবাংলা জাতীয় স্টেডিয়ামে ওরিয়েন্টের ভূমিকায় দেখা গেল জাতীয় দলের তারকাসমৃদ্ধ মোহামেডানকে। যারা ৪৭.২ ওভারে ১৩৩ রানে অলআউট হওয়ার পর মাত্র ২১.২ ওভারেই ১ উইকেট খুঁইয়ে লক্ষ্যে পৌছে গেল আবাহনী। যে ম্যাচ শেষ হওয়ার কথা বিকেল সাড়ে চারটায়, সেটা তাই শেষ হয়ে গেল দুপুর আড়াইটাতেই। ৯ উইকেটের এই জয় দিয়ে আবাহনী শিরোপার দাবি আরো জোরালোই করলো না শুধু, মোহামেডানকে শিরোপা লড়াই থেকে ছিটকেও দিল। ১৪ ম্যাচে ২৫ পয়েন্ট নিয়ে শীর্ষে এখনো বিমানই। ২৩ পয়েন্ট নিয়ে তাদের ঠিক পেছনে আবাহনী। আর টানা দুই হারে মোহামেডানের সংগ্রহ রয়ে গেছে ২০-ই।

এতো সংক্ষিপ্ত অবাহনী-মোহামেডান ম্যাচ এর আগে কখনো হয়েছে কিনা তা মনে করতে পারলেন না আবাহনী ও জাতীয় দলের সাবেক অধিনায়ক গাজী আশরাফ লিপুও, "এটা মনে আছে একবার আবাহনী ৩৩ ওভারে ম্যাচ শেষ করে দিয়েছিল। সামারাসেকারা সেবার ঝড়ো ইনিংস খেলেছিল।" আর ম্যাচশেষে চরম বিরক্তি প্রকাশ পাচ্ছিল মোহামেডানের কোচ মিনহাজুল আবেদীন নান্নুর কথায়, "এই দলটা করতে ক্লাব ৭৫ লাখ টাকা খরচ করেছে। অথচ গত সাত ম্যাচে দুইশো রানও দেখতে পারলাম না।" সন্দেহ নেই, তার অভিযোগের আঙ্গুল আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেটের ব্যর্থতাকে এবার ক্লাব ক্রিকেটেও টেনে আনা ব্যাটসম্যানদের দিকেই।

টোয়েন্টি টোয়েন্টি ম্যাচকে হিসেবে ধরে এবছর আবাহনীর সঙ্গে তিনবারের দেখায় প্রতিবারই হার মানা মোহামেডানের ভরাডুবির কারণ এবারো জাতীয় ব্যাটসম্যানরাই। জুনায়েদ ইমরোজ (২), রাকিবুল হাসান (০), মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুল (২৪) ও আফতাব আহমেদ (২৬)- এই চারজনে মিলে করেছেন ৫২ এবং দলের প্রয়োজনের মুহূর্তে উইকেট ছুঁড়ে দিয়ে আসার দোষেও দুষ্ট তারা। তালহা জুবায়েরর (২/৩১) বলে জুনায়েদের লেগসাইডে কট বিহাইন্ড হওয়ার মধ্য দিয়েই শুরু মোহামেডানের বিপর্যয়ের। এরপর আরেক পেসার জিয়াউর রহমান (২/১৭) পরপর দুই বলে পাকিস্তানি ব্যাটসম্যান আকিল আরশাদ (১৩) ও রাকিবুলকে তুলে নিলে ৩১ রানে ৩ উইকেট হারানো দলে পরিণত হয় তারা।

সেখান থেকে ওপেনার আনোয়ার হোসেন (৩৪) ও অধিনায়ক আশরাফুলের ৩৭ রানের পার্টনারশিপে যখন বিপর্যয় সামলানোর স্বপ্ন দেখছে মোহামেডান, তখনই এই জুটি ভাঙ্গেন মোহাম্মদ রফিক (২/১৫)। স্কয়ার কাট করতে গিয়ে পয়েন্টে তুষার ইমরানের ক্যাচ হন আনোয়ার। সাবধানে খেলতে থাকা আশরাফুলেরও হঠাৎ তুলে মারার ইচ্ছে হল। পেসার নাজমুল হোসেনের বল পুল করতে গিয়ে উইকেটের পেছনে ক্যাচ দিলেন। কোনো চার-ছয় ছাড়া আফতাবের ইনিংসটি শেষ হল রানআউটে।

জবাব দিতে নামা আবাহনী শুরুতেই ওপেনার মাহবুবুল করিমকে (২) হারালেও সগীর হোসেন পাভেল ও শাহরিয়ার নাফীসের ১২৯ রানের অবিচ্ছিন্ন দ্বিতীয় উইকেট পার্টনারশিপ আবাহনীকে দ্রুতই জয়ের তীরে পৌছে দেয়। নাফীস মাত্র ৫৪ বলে ৯ বাউন্ডারি ও এক ছক্কায় ৬২ রান করে অপরাজিত থাকেন। সমানসংখ্যক চার-ছয়ে ৭০ বলে ৬৭ রানই শুধু সগীরের ম্যাচ সেরা হওয়ার কারণ নয়। এর আগে উইকেটের পেছনে চার-চারটি ক্যাচ নেওয়ার কৃতিত্বেরও ভূমিকা আছে এতে। [/বাংলা]

sadi
May 15, 2008, 01:12 PM
[বাংলা]মোহামেডানের কোচ মিনহাজুল আবেদীন নান্নুর কথায়, "এই দলটা করতে ক্লাব ৭৫ লাখ টাকা খরচ করেছে। অথচ গত সাত ম্যাচে দুইশো রানও দেখতে পারলাম না।" [/বাংলা]

Wow... that says it all.

Tigers_eye
May 15, 2008, 01:15 PM
From now on if anyone talks about Rivalry one needs to look somewhere else. Like Mohamadan and BKSP or may be shurjo probin or something.

Ashraful and Aftab'er luck ta favor kortasey na. Or they could have win some of these rivalry games against the teams mentioned.

sadi
May 21, 2008, 08:19 AM
Abahoni won the title once again. Congrats Abahoni.

Tigers_eye
May 21, 2008, 08:27 AM
Bulbul has the vision. He did create a team which delivered when mattered the most. Hats off to Tushar Imran and Abahani management.

Congrats Abahani.

Tigers_eye
May 21, 2008, 08:44 AM
May be.... since they have roped in the most promising and most illustrious names of bangladesh cricket, MSC officials thought that any Jodu Modhu can coach MSC to the title this year!
Please reread your post and cry!!

Kanna na ashleo pretend. May be there you will find solice. There is an easy way out though.

Stop supporting losers and start supporting winners. Ekhono shomoi asey. There is an open enrollment going on for all chanachur party members.

Rabz
May 21, 2008, 10:14 AM
Ha ha.. good one, T_E.
Still time for the supporters of loser team to convert.
We'll welcome them whole-heartedly.

Btw, Abahani champions again!
time for celebration...

AsifTheManRahman
May 21, 2008, 10:30 AM
You have Abahani up here on this platform
-----------------------------------------

And then you have the rest of the teams in the PL on this one
----------------------------------------------------------

nasimul
May 21, 2008, 11:18 AM
Congrats Abahani to 15th premiere cricket league championship!!!

BANFAN
May 21, 2008, 11:55 AM
CONGRATS ABAHONI !!

Mohamedan should only play in 'Discoloured Oteet' League.

Our doemstic league standard is being hampered by Mohamedans mandhatar amoler game plans, in all the sports. Still stuck in all 'Almari shots' in football. :)

If there were 5/6 teams like such progressive Abahoni mentality, we would have become a much better sporting nation.

Anyway, congrats to Abahoni, it's celebration time buddies.

Beamer
May 21, 2008, 08:50 PM
Congratulations Abahani..

Antora
May 22, 2008, 01:42 AM
Congrats to my 2nd fav team ( only because of Sn) :D

Nocturnal
May 25, 2008, 02:31 PM
[বাংলা]একটু লেট হয়ে গেল.....
অভিনন্দন আমার অলটাইম প্রিয় দলকে[/বাংলা] :big_hug:

Nocturnal
June 3, 2008, 09:37 AM
it might sounds crazy but I watched today's match @ Hockey Stadium :)
Shouting and cheering, doing hoja-mal type stuff with fellow few hundred Abahani fans was priceless :)
The match ended 6-5 for Abahani, they were leading 4-1 in half time and up 6-3 before Mohamodon scored 2 useless goal in dying moment.
It's getting pretty much one sided now in every sports (i'm not complaining though :) )....I had some pure fun and there was no ticket made it even better :-p

Now Abahani needs to win in Friday vs Usha to retain their title. A draw will do for Usha....but who cares about draw we will win inshallah. GO ABAHANI!! :notworthy:

Nocturnal
June 3, 2008, 09:39 AM
Match report from bdnews-

Abahani return to title race beating Mohammedan

Dhaka, June 3 (bdnews24.com) - Last year's joint champion Abahani Limited kept their hopes of clinching the Premier Hockey League title alive when they handed a 6-5 defeat to archrivals Mohammedan SC in the Super League encounter Monday.

Abahani Limited dominated the first half to take a comfortable 4-1 lead, but their ultra defensive strategy in the second half almost led them to slip from the match played at Moulana Bhasani National Hockey Stadium.

The high-voltage match failed to draw attention of a few hundred spectators at the big bowl, and coaches of both the sides agreed with this.

It was a do-or-die match for Abahani in the title race with leaders Usha Krira Chakra, but Mohammedan looked more relaxed in the match following their earlier exit from the race.

"We first tried to protect our defence, which had earlier gone down against Usha and we came out successful today in counter- attacks," said Abahani coach Mahbub Haroon.

He, however, blamed the players for goals as his boys did not follow his strategy of playing on ground instead of air in the second half.

Mohammedan coach Barkatullah Chapal praised the Abahani players, who availed themselves of the opportunity from the beginning.

Chapal also blamed his defenders for going down against Abahani.

Abahani kept Mohammedan's Pakistani forward Mohammad Sabbir, who destroyed Abahani in the first-leg match, in a tight protection from the beginning and that eventually led Mohammedan to a void in the midfield.

Ehsan Rana, Musa Mia and Russell Hasan Rony watched Sabbir, who hardly got any ball in the match.

Moududur Rahman Shuvo put Abahani ahead in the very second minute with a reverse hit, but the Dhanmondi-based outfit saw defender Musa Mia equalise the Mohammedan margin one minute later converting a penalty corner.

Defender Mamunur Rahman Chayan, who put up a brilliant performance converting three out of four penalty corners, scored two successive goals in the 14th and 19th minutes before Pakistani medio M Modasser made it 4-1 in the 26th minute.

After the breather, Abahani took a defensive strategy with almost nine players staying in the 25 yards and Abahani had to pay heavy price with Mohammedan controlling the midfield without facing any obstacle from the opponents.

Sabbir reduced the margin for Mohammedan converting a penalty stroke eight minutes into the second half while Shuvo widened the Abahani margin in the 53rd minute from a counter- attack.

Then, Mohammedan's Golam Mostafa Manik reduced the margin to 5-3 in the 65th minute and two minutes later, Chayan increased the lead to 6-3 converting a penalty corner.

The Motijheel-based outfit, Mohammedan, reimbursed another two goals in the last one minute with scoreboard reading 6-5, but, by then ,the umpires blew his long whistle and Abahani took breath of relief.

With the triumph, Abahani equalled Usha with 33 points from 12 matches and they will face each other in the title-deciding match of the Super League on Friday.

Kabir
June 3, 2008, 10:17 AM
Well, why am I not surprised. I remember...before, when Abahoni used to win, Mohamedan used to improvise on these sporting goods like "hockey stick" for breaking Abahoni supporters' heads. Khelte na janle uthan baka...r haira gele hockey stick diya ball e na manusher mathay bari maare. Chi chi...Mohamedan gu er bagan...chi chi.

BANFAN
June 3, 2008, 11:59 AM
Congrats. Well played Abahoni. C'mon go for another chanpionship.