PDA

View Full Version : WC match threads proposal.

Shafin
February 6, 2007, 06:11 AM
We all are dreaming for opening a match thread in the WC,but I believe it's time we cooperate rather than competing with each other in this regard.So here is my proposal.

As it is most likely that BD will get only 3 matches,No member will be permitted to post more than 1 match thread,and the three luckey members also have to come through a pole.All those interested in opening match threads should enlist their names within a certain time period,maybe two weeks,and then a pole will be run.The three with highest number of votes will get BD's matches.The one with the highest vote will choose his match first and so on. Then the remaining competitors will have chance to open other threads in the WC,only after everyone has had their chances,a member will be allowed to post two.

I have no problem with a competition,in fact,i'd enjoy one,but IMO this is the best way to distribute them.

If you support this Idea,Please enlist your name below,provided that this is approved by the moderators.

If it is approved,i'm the first one to get myself into it :D

Miraz
February 6, 2007, 06:13 AM
WC math threads proposal.

What about physics, chemistry threads ? ;)

Shafin
February 6, 2007, 06:33 AM
What about physics, chemistry threads ? ;)
Sure,The C that was missing went for chemistry:)

Rubu
February 6, 2007, 08:26 AM
I'd say a lottery would be better than a poll (more exciting). and the thread need to be fine tuned before final posting.

BD-Shardul
February 6, 2007, 08:50 AM
I think world cup match threads should be colorful.

Here is my suggestion:

It should be a table that will have three coloumns. The middile coloumn will contain the following things:

Team
Logo
Current ICC Standing
Captain
Most Capped Player
Team Batting Average
Team Bowling Average
Key Player
Head to Head Record
Head to Head Record in
World Cup
World Cup Wins
World Cup Appearance
Youngest Player of the Team
Probable 11 in Tomorrow’s Outing
Comments

The two coloums that will encircle the middle one will contain descriptions of the respective fields.

In logo, key player row, there should be pictures included.

May be someone can make this in photoshop, and then paste it here.

battye
February 6, 2007, 09:07 AM
I'd say a lottery would be better than a poll (more exciting). and the thread need to be fine tuned before final posting.

I agree, otherwise it would be a popularity contest, which wouldn't really be fair for new members (ie, registered in the last few months).

green_cat
February 6, 2007, 09:27 AM
i also propose lottery. Else who had opened threads except games against kenya, zimbo, scots will get vote from me. btw. im also interested to open a thread :). so here we goes..

Spitfire_x86
February 6, 2007, 11:44 AM
If you give me the first, then you can have the other 1st round matches.

Farhad
February 6, 2007, 03:43 PM
I had no idea people wanted to open match threads so bad.......I too would suggest a lottery

Tigers_eye
February 6, 2007, 03:48 PM
I do not want to open. And I perfer lottery.