PDA

View Full Version : Cricinfo's position on Bangladesh

Farhad
February 6, 2007, 03:58 PM
Did any of you guys notice a rather big change in Cricinfo's attitude towards Bangladeshi Cricket? It might just be wishful thinking on my part, but I honestly do see a clear difference from last year, especially when playing against Zimbabwe. They either hate zimbabwe or, for some reason, are starting to support BD cricket...... This last game for example, if it were last year, Im certain Cricinfo would blast Bangladesh in some way or another; but it seems surprisingly lenient on bangladesh.

Your thoughts?

al Furqaan
February 6, 2007, 05:15 PM
its a sign of progress...when we beat australia or india or sri lanka...CI never criticized them, they praised us. this because of the upset nature of the result.

similarily when pakistan loses to sri lanka, pakistan will be trashed because its match between equals.

so when we lose to zimbabwe, it was the huge upset, and thus rather than blasting us, they praise zim.

cricket_pagol
February 6, 2007, 05:16 PM
Definitely very lenient with BD because our followings have increased and they hate Zimbo cricket administration

gatekeeper
February 6, 2007, 05:31 PM
It mainly has to do with Zim Govt.'s hostile attitude towards foreign journalists.

Miraz
February 6, 2007, 06:08 PM
Bangladesh's progress in the last one year (sp. Fatullah Test) is a reason but the main reason is the unease between Mugabe blessed Zim Cricket and Cricinfo.

Fazal
February 6, 2007, 06:37 PM
I think it has something to do with the recent 'gushti kilie' humki.

After all Myrer Bhoy shobai pai.

SMHasan
February 6, 2007, 08:52 PM
I think it has something to do with the recent 'gushti kilie' humki.

After all Myrer Bhoy shobai pai.

Accha Martin bhai Gusthi kilai shobdota bujhlo kemne?

kaisermatin
February 6, 2007, 09:05 PM
they could not concentrate because of sadness. so many Mighty Strong and Rich politicians got arrested. there hearts were broken. may be next game they will get over this.

Imteaz
February 6, 2007, 09:44 PM
Respect Comes Automaticaly If You are Respectable.
Respect Goes Automaticaly If You Lost It.

Spitfire_x86
February 6, 2007, 09:53 PM
Accha Martin bhai Gusthi kilai shobdota bujhlo kemne?
From the context of post?

nmhimal
February 7, 2007, 04:06 AM
Respect Comes Automaticaly If You are Respectable.
Respect Goes Automaticaly If You Lost It.

good answer