PDA

View Full Version : ODI 3 Team Announced: Tamim to debut, Tapash and Sharif also in

roaring tigerz
February 8, 2007, 12:07 PM
According to Tigercricket the Bangladesh team for 3rd ODI will have 3 changes.

Tamim Iqbal is making his much anticipated debut. Mehrab as expected is dropped to make room for Tamim.

Rafiq's tour is over. Sharif will play in Bangladesh colors after 5 long years.

But the most surprising decision is to drop Shahadat. He reportedly was below par in the 2nd ODI. So Taposh will pair up with Mashrafee with the new ball.

How do you see these selections. A case of judicious experimenting? Or have the selectors pressed the panic button loud and clear following the heavy defeat.

Kabir
February 8, 2007, 12:25 PM
No panic button, it's simply the changes that were needed. Rafiq's exclusion was inevitable. Mehrab's exclusion was necessary...otherwise, what's the point in bringing Tamim along? And Tapash's inclusion isn't a bad idea...he deserves some chances, and he should get it too. It's okay for Shahadat to relax a bit...he could use that time to cool down and go shopping in Zimbabwe, and spend millions in Zimbabwean dollars ;)

Dhakablues
February 8, 2007, 12:51 PM
Its the best possbile team. I think this should be the playing eleven for World Cup. Shahadat was NEVER that good in ODIs. And Mehrab still hasnt done anything to impress anyone. Even his anchor role is worse than Javed Omar.

Should've been a fun match to watch ( rather to get hourly updates),, with Tamim, Sharif, Baishya in the squad and Bangladesh desperately needing a win after the terrible blow. Zim thinking they can beat Bangladesh. Watch out for the wounded tigers now....

Rubu
February 8, 2007, 12:51 PM
I just hope rafique's injury will not keep him out of WC. Other than that, I'm happy with the team.

akabir77
February 8, 2007, 12:52 PM
we should have made this change after the first game. we always do thing after things happen...well its better late then never

BD-Shardul
February 8, 2007, 12:58 PM
Excellent Team.
This is the team that I exactly wanted.

wiseshah
February 8, 2007, 01:03 PM
good team selection. I am proud of it. we need to test all of our players, specially top 15. u never know, who will be injured? thats a great team selection. try Tushar in the last game. that will be a fair judgement. good luck . i am sure we will get a positive result today. Bd will score 250+ run. thats my prediction

akabir77
February 8, 2007, 01:42 PM
FOr BD future and his I hope Tamim doesn't fail. Cuase if he does Bd will lose another talent for long time to come for testing a DUDHER SHISHU....

ruja1810
February 8, 2007, 03:06 PM
Bangladesh should score good runs with this new team selection on 3rd match. hopefully, Tamim Iqbal will score big one. Also, we all want to see how Sharif will bowl since he is the only fast medium bowler in Bangaldesh can reverse swing.

:flag: :flag: :flag:.......let's see what happens during the game.....:flag: :flag: :flag:

Shahjamal
February 8, 2007, 03:24 PM
Like all of you, I am very optimistic about the new team. I have a big hope on Tamim Iqbal. Will this 'MAD' cricketer do something special for our country. I expect a dream innings in the debut match of Tamim. Good luck Bangladesh.

Dhakablues
February 8, 2007, 03:50 PM
One Positve that I see,, both sharif/Baishya are good allrounders so the batting depth will increase no doubt and If Tamim LASTS for 2 over, he will score 20 runs, :) ( better than Mehrab, isnt it?)

Kabir
February 8, 2007, 04:01 PM
and If Tamim LASTS for 2 over, he will score 20 runs, :) ( better than Mehrab, isnt it?)

That's a BIG BIG IF. And IF that BIG BIG IF is true, then we can expect a BIG BIG score. Otherwise, douranor aage lungir giththuo lagaite parbo na!!!

ruja1810
February 8, 2007, 04:06 PM
What if...

Tamim and Shariar will both score 100+
Sharif will get the 5/28 with his reverse swing......
Aftab will spank every bowlers from Zimabawe.... and
Finally Bangladesh will score 300+ runs....

Aharay amon jodi hoto...
BD player ra aerokom kahlthay jodi parto...

FaridpurChicago
February 8, 2007, 04:41 PM
I was expecting to see the performance of TI in place of Ash. Am I asking for too much? I'm holding off my demand for the 4th ODI. I'm happy for the time being. Best wishes for Tamim for a good fifty. Also I wish Sharif scores a 30+ with 3 wickets. These two boys need to perform if we want to outperform Ind in WC.

moula
February 8, 2007, 04:58 PM
What if...

Finally Bangladesh will score 300+ runs....

BD already did that with kenya last yr; 301runs . remember. at least one of your dream is fulfilled.

ruja1810
February 8, 2007, 05:15 PM
BD already did that with kenya last yr; 301runs . remember. at least one of your dream is fulfilled.
Not with Zimbabwe as of yet but you never know.....

al Furqaan
February 8, 2007, 05:24 PM
Bangladesh should score good runs with this new team selection on 3rd match. hopefully, Tamim Iqbal will score big one. Also, we all want to see how Sharif will bowl since he is the only fast medium bowler in Bangaldesh can reverse swing.

:flag: :flag: :flag:.......let's see what happens during the game.....:flag: :flag: :flag:

actually mashrafee and shahadat can both reverse swing it as well. shahadat's is prolly uncontrolled.

and in ODIs reverse swing doesn't play much of a part. because ball will only reverse after 40 overs, and then they usually change the ball anyways. i think munaf patel said that.

detroitpagla
February 8, 2007, 05:33 PM
i hope Tamim can do well in the national team. Also i hope he doesn't turn out to be like his brother

LateCut
February 8, 2007, 06:20 PM
Dump Ashraful! How came nobody is howling for his head?

Orpheus
February 8, 2007, 06:32 PM
Dump Ashraful! How came nobody is howling for his head?
that is because he is the one player who can actually make us win against a big team.... REst of the keblas can only add few runs here and there....

Let's just hope his day is on the day we play either India or SL. I will feel so sorry for India/SL bowlers

Sauron
February 8, 2007, 06:39 PM
I like the changes. Even if Paposh, Tamim and Sharif don't perform spectacularly, at least 2 of them should be played again in the 4th ODI.

Wish I could watch BTV ... no luck in US :(

FaltuRidwanBhai
February 8, 2007, 07:09 PM
No panic button, it's simply the changes that were needed. Rafiq's exclusion was inevitable. Mehrab's exclusion was necessary...otherwise, what's the point in bringing Tamim along? And Tapash's inclusion isn't a bad idea...he deserves some chances, and he should get it too. It's okay for Shahadat to relax a bit...he could use that time to cool down and go shopping in Zimbabwe, and spend millions in Zimbabwean dollars ;)

prothom alo stated that even after warning shahadat about not bowling short pitch deliveries, he still continued to do that, which is why he has been given the opportunity to relax today.

FaltuRidwanBhai
February 8, 2007, 07:10 PM
I like the changes. Even if Paposh, Tamim and Sharif don't perform spectacularly, at least 2 of them should be played again in the 4th ODI.

Wish I could watch BTV ... no luck in US :(

is this btv or btv world who is telecasting the game?

FaltuRidwanBhai
February 8, 2007, 07:12 PM
that is because he is the one player who can actually make us win against a big team.... REst of the keblas can only add few runs here and there....

Let's just hope his day is on the day we play either India or SL. I will feel so sorry for India/SL bowlers

hahahaha. i like wat you said, "REst of the keblas can only add few runs here and there...."
its true. in our team the only few match winners we have are ashraful, aftab and mashrafee

FaltuRidwanBhai
February 8, 2007, 07:17 PM
mehrab really has disappointed me. i really had big hopes for this guy. he showed so much talent in the series against zimbabwe in bangladesh. but now it just seems he forgot to play. he is a useful player in a sense that his bowling becomes handy when we need an extra bowler. if we take tamim we will loose that opportunity. but i guess we will have to take tamim now. mehrab did not leave us any option. i hope tamim plays a good innings and i wont regret anymore for not having a sixth bowler. i also hope mehrab will get back in form and the most important thing that i hope is that, i hope mehrab is a true talent. i hope he just didnt accidently played well in that one series.

cricketboy
February 8, 2007, 10:40 PM
I think the team management forgot about Tushar Imran. He should play instead of Ash. :(

Rabz
February 8, 2007, 11:00 PM
Tamim is a very good prospect and ther is no better time or opportunity to try him out than against the Zims...
good move...
Mehrab, as said by many, wasnt really up to the task as yet..but im sure he would be great asset in the future... probably in the test teams...

For all our sake, hope tamim does really well today.. may be score a century on the debut and carry on the good form to the world cup...

lets see what happens

PoorFan
February 8, 2007, 11:01 PM
Perfect change I would say, I wanted to see Tapash or Sharif in the team middle of the series anyway. We cant loose this match, though I fear that, Aftab, Bashar, Ash may fail today.

rafiq
February 9, 2007, 12:13 AM
after a long hiatus from BC, I see upon returning via this thread that not much has changed: fans are as fickle as ever. So quick to celebrate every change in the team as if that was the missing link to us winning the World Cup.

All 3 changes are expected as they want to try the reserve players. But none of the incoming 3 have any stronger claim to a starting spot than the guys they replaced. Mehrab is extremely young, and has done well to give BD a solid start in the last several matches. Yet fans here are "disspointed". Whatever. Tamim is a genuine opener and it's a good idea to get him into the squad, however, why now, a month before the WC?

Then there are comments about Shahadat not being good at ODIs. That is such a ridiculous comment it doesn't deserve reply. Sharif hasn't played top class cricket since Banglacricket was on rivals or whatever that old site was called - I am always curious why people think he warrants a comeback. Taking Tapash to the WI may be a good idea as a backup pacer or when we don't want to play Rafique-Razzak in tandem, but clearly Shahadat-Mashrafee are the opening pair for the forseeable future.

And then there is LateCut still running a campaign to drop Ashraful. Carry on....

Kabir
February 9, 2007, 12:28 AM
Rafiq bhai, even though I wasn't present before you went on your haitus, welcome back :)

Now, you're right in every possible way. But let me tell you what happened while you were taking your haitus.
1. BD management included Tamim sort of [un?]expectedly...most of the members were unhappy about it (if I'm not wrong). But once he's in the touring squad, there's no point in giving him a chance. So there's his chance.
2. Yes, Mehrab has given great starts. Rather slow I would say, but his partner covered up well. However, the expectation from here is, once again, that Tamim is given a chance, and see how he qualifies.
3. Tapash should be given a chance...regardless of what you say. If he is included in WC squad, he gets a fair shot at Zimbabwe.

The only question of yours that I don't have an answer to is, why Sharif warrants a comeback. That has to do with my haitus from BD cricket...when I was doing my undergrad :)

Hopefully that helps answer a few of your questions?

PS...you did post a few times in b/w, coz I remember reading your posts. Didn't you?

karimjay.
February 9, 2007, 12:31 AM
Wow Sharif is tall for a Bangladeshi. 6.01ft. Is that the tallest? How tall is Shahadat and Masri?

cricket_king
February 9, 2007, 12:31 AM
Its the best possbile team. I think this should be the playing eleven for World Cup. Shahadat was NEVER that good in ODIs. And Mehrab still hasnt done anything to impress anyone. Even his anchor role is worse than Javed Omar.

Should've been a fun match to watch ( rather to get hourly updates),, with Tamim, Sharif, Baishya in the squad and Bangladesh desperately needing a win after the terrible blow. Zim thinking they can beat Bangladesh. Watch out for the wounded tigers now....

I disagree. Shahadat, incase u werent aware of the fact, is the only bangladeshi bowler to take a hat-trick in ODIs. He can really scare batsman when he wants to. Remember the test against Australia when he freaked Ponting out with some lethal bouncers? (Yes, i am aware of the fact that it was a test match).
But i think he needs a rest now and tapash does deserve a chance so im fine with it.

zia
February 9, 2007, 12:40 AM

Kebla! I think Ashfool is the kebla. This is would have been a good team if Tushar replaced Ashfool.

Dhakablues
February 9, 2007, 01:12 AM
Agreed that he is the only player who got the hattrick ( so did Alok in tests but he is nowhere around) and no doubt he will be the partner for Mashrafee in the future. However, if you consider his average for short balls, extras and fielding skills,,, he is not an ideal ODI player. In fact statistically, Syed Rasel ( econ. 4.20) is a better bowler than Shahadat (econ 4.75). Shahadat has the aggression, speed but its a given fact that he cant control the ball right. Hence, even in the domestic league you dont see Shahadat really being the match winner/max wicket taker/scariest player to bat. At the end,,, in ODIs you have to have big scores,,, thats where Taposh/Sharif has the advantage over Shahadat.

rafiq
February 9, 2007, 01:46 AM
dhakablues couldn't disagree with you more. pacers hunt in pairs. shahadat-mashrafee is the right pair for us at this time, can;t believe this is up for discussion. tapash-sharif-shorafot all have their pluses, but they dont put fear into any batsmen and they dont win many matches.

TheWatcher
February 9, 2007, 12:47 PM
Wow Sharif is tall for a Bangladeshi. 6.01ft. Is that the tallest?
Who told you Sharif is 6ft ??? He is 5'6", one of the shortest pacers you can find in international cricket.

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/DB/042001/024450.jpg

LateCut
February 9, 2007, 01:36 PM

According to your logic we should play him only against India and Sri Lanka!

sadi
February 9, 2007, 01:42 PM
How about we put on a team of 11 hard hitter slogger? I know all of them won't click but if 3-4 of them click, we will have a good chance of posting a good total on the board and may win against teams like India or Srilanka. :)