PDA

View Full Version : Ispahani sponsors Bangladesh in World Cup Cricket 2007

Miraz
February 8, 2007, 12:35 PM
Finally it has been sorted out. Application of Grameen Phone was rejected by ICC as Hutch telecom is a co-sponsor of the global event. In my opinion, the sponsor money Ispahani is giving to BCB is way too low. Anyway, its better than last night tailor shop arrangement (to put Epyllion logo on trousers) in ICC Champions Trophy.

From BDNews (http://bdnews24.com/details.php?cid=2&id=58175#tp58211)

Ispahani Mirzapore Tea is going to sponsor the Bangladesh national cricket team in the upcoming ICC World Cup in the West Indies.

"Ispahani may give Tk 25 lakh for the sponsorship," a Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) high official preferring anonymity told bdnews24.com on Thursday.

"We are waiting for the approval of the International Cricket Council (ICC) and it may come next Monday and then we will announce the name of the sponsor officially," he added.

Meanwhile, grameenphone, the official sponsor of the Bangladesh national cricket team, tried to have a place to display its logo in the World Cup, but their effort to convince Hutch, ICC global partner, went in vain.

grameenphone was inspired to take the initiative with Hutch as Hutch permitted West Indies team's sponsor Cable & Wireless to display their logo in the World Cup.

According to ICC rules, no team is allowed to display the logo of their sponsor company if it has business similar to that of ICC's global partners. Hutch is a global giant in mobile telecommunications services.

Mobil, a lubricant giant, sponsored the Bangladesh team in the last World Cup and Epyllion, a garment company, sponsored the team in Champions Trophy in October last year.

Tigers_eye
February 8, 2007, 12:43 PM
$36,000 is pani bhat. Tehsin this was your shot at stardom and recognition and take BC to another level. BC could sponser Bd national team easy.

Kabir
February 8, 2007, 02:29 PM
$36,000 is pani bhat. Tehsin this was your shot at stardom and recognition and take BC to another level. BC could sponser Bd national team easy.

:floor: :floor:

Bagher chokh bhai: bagherbachar moton kotha bolsen. Beshi jouse (Y)
Tigers_eye for BC president!!!

Murad
February 8, 2007, 02:43 PM
grameenphone was inspired to take the initiative with Hutch as Hutch permitted West Indies team's sponsor Cable & Wireless to display their logo in the World Cup.

According to ICC rules, no team is allowed to display the logo of their sponsor company if it has business similar to that of ICC's global partners. Hutch is a global giant in mobile telecommunications services.

what is this..
why the windies can use their logo similar to the hutch?? and why cant Bangladesh use their logo??
why icc is not saying anything to them...as its the rule?
shobi power.. odher power ache so odher ke kisu bolbena.. chaileii permit diye dibe.... amader ache.. sudhu mukh.. ghorer vitor boshe boshe bok bok korte pari...

Fazal
February 8, 2007, 02:56 PM

Good Idea. If each onwers can contibute 5K each, each Mod, Admin contributes 2k each, each BC staff contributes 1K each, bagh chokku can cover the rest I guess.

Tigers_eye
February 8, 2007, 03:01 PM
...bagh chokku can cover the rest I guess.
Not only I have connenction with Khaleda, Hasina but I have deep connection with RAB and caretaker upodeshtas. Kono bepar na. If you guys do your part I'll do mine.

Rubu
February 8, 2007, 05:20 PM
We can actually sell the sight and get more money than that to sponsor our team (referring to the thread BC worth ....). Then, we get a new domain name and start our site there. since fans are the main (pretty much the only) thing that makes this site worthy, as long as fans know where to go, we will stay the same.

Fazal
February 8, 2007, 05:32 PM
Then, we get a new domain name and start our site there. since fans are the main (pretty much the only) thing that makes this site worthy, as long as fans know where to go, we will stay the same.

Don't bet your mony on that. have you ever heard the word 'Mirjaffor' before?

FaltuRidwanBhai
February 8, 2007, 07:23 PM
dhuru.
logo ar moddho ispani ar logo dekhte khubi joghonno lagbe. ar kono company pailo na? aita kono kotha hoilo. cricket eto popular. ar shudhu matro ai ispani agay ashlo. bangladeshe ar kono company nai? eto fokirer moton taka dilo. ar aitai ba kirokom ain hoilo je icc ar sponson mobile phone company dekhe amra oita parbo na. are baba aki business hoileo grameen phone business kore bangladesh a.