PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh cricket quiz

Xavier
February 8, 2007, 01:02 PM
Hello mates! To satisfy my cricket-addiction I gifted myself the cricinfo guide to cricket 2007 (not an expensive gift anyway) and found some interesting facts about Bangladesh cricket... so I thought a BD cricket quiz could be some fun!

Some of this are about records and some are amazing trivia... can you answer all questions without checking the stats on cricinfo?

1. Which BD bowler has the best figures in a Test innings?
2. Who are the two other BD bowlers to have made a five wicket haul in ODIs apart from Rafique and Mortaza?
3. Which BD batsman scored 13 50s in ODIs but never reached a century?
4. Who's scored more 6s in Test cricket comparing Bashar and Mortaza? (I mean... only between the two of them)
5. Which BD cricketer has scored more 6s in Tests? and which one in ODIs? (corrected...)
6. How many BD totals appear in the list of 10 lowest team totals in a Test innings?
7. How many BD cricketers have scored +1000 runs in Test cricket? Who are they?
8. Which BD batsman scored his maiden first-class century in a Test match against Australia?
9. Who has the highest batting strike rate in Test cricket?
10. Who has the best economy rate in ODIs?
11. Who has played more Tests... Ashraful or Rafique?
12. Which BD cricketer is the only one of two (with Shahid Afridi) in international cricket to have a +100 batting SR in ODIs?
13. Put Mohammed Ashraful, Nafees Iqbal, Aftab Ahmed and Rajin Saleh in the right order according to their batting average in Test cricket.
14. Which is the highest partnership for BD in Test cricket?
15. Which BD batsman scored 207 4s in Test cricket but never hit a six?
16. Which BD cricketer has the outstanding record of being the youngest to score a century in english first-class cricket (taking the record away from Tendulkar)?
17. ...and which one scored 75 in his first class debut in november 2000 when only aged 15?
18. Who was the youngest BD captain in Tests or ODIs?
19. Did Khaled Mashud and Javed Omar ever score a test century?
20. Which current BD cricketer has the 4th best batting average in Test cricket (25.70 in 11 innings) but has never played a test match since december 2004?
21. An easy one to end the game... which BD bowler has taken more wickets in both Tests and ODIs?

...hope you have enjoyed!

(here you find most of the answers... http://www.cricinfo.com/db/STATS/BDESH/ )

Tigers_eye
February 8, 2007, 01:23 PM
Enam or Aftab?

2. Who are the two other BD bowlers to have made a five wicket haul in ODIs apart from Rafique and Mortaza?
Chacha guessing here.

Habibul bashar.

4. Who's scored more 6s in Test cricket comparing Bashar and Mortaza?
Rafique

5. Which BD cricketer has scored more 6s in both Tests and ODIs?
Rafique

Bashar
Mashud
JO
Ash
SN

8. Which BD batsman scored his maiden first-class century in a Test match against Australia?
SN

Mash 1st choice
Aftab 2nd choice

Enam Jr.

Rafique

12. Which BD cricketer is the only one of two (with Shahid Afridi) in international cricket to have a +100 batting SR in ODIs?
Got me now. A bowler may be Mash.

13. Put Mohammed Ashraful, Nafees Iqbal, Aftab Ahmed and Rajin Saleh in the right order according to their batting average in Test cricket.
Rajin Highest
Iqbal
AA
Ash

SN and bashar
NI and JO

JO

16. Which BD cricketer has the outstanding record of being the youngest to score a century in english first-class cricket (taking the record away from Tendulkar)?
Mushfiq?

17. ...and which one scored 75 in his first class debut two months before his 16th birthday?
Mushfiq?

K mashud

K Mashud did.

20. Which current BD cricketer has the 4th best batting average in Test cricket (25.70 in 11 innings) but has never played a test match since december 2004?
Al Shahriar?

21. An easy one to end the game... which BD bowler has taken more wickets in both Tests and ODIs?
Rafique.

akabir77
February 8, 2007, 01:36 PM
mine in bold

Enam or Aftab?

Chacha guessing here.
RANA may be

Habibul bashar.

4. Who's scored more 6s in Test cricket comparing Bashar and Mortaza?
Rafique

Rafique

Bashar
Mashud
JO
Ash
SN

SN

Mash 1st choice
Aftab 2nd choice

Enam Jr.
rana
Rafique
ASHFOOL
Got me now. A bowler may be Mash.

Rajin Highest
Iqbal
AA
Ash

SN and bashar
NI and JO

JO

Mushfiq?

17. ...and which one scored 75 in his first class debut two months before his 16th birthday?
Mushfiq?

K mashud
Durjay

K Mashud did. both did

Al Shahriar?

Rafique.

Xavier
February 8, 2007, 01:52 PM
Good effort Tigers_eye and akabir77 but still some mistakes...
btw I mean who scored more Test 6s comparing only between Bashar and Mortaza.

A BD batsman captained the team in some ODIs in 2004 when only aged 20...

Rubu
February 8, 2007, 02:06 PM
Here is my guesses, do not have the energy to dig up the answers, so just writing what i think:

Enamul Jnr.
Aftab and Rajjak
Mr. 50 - Habibul Bashar
4. Who's scored more 6s in Test cricket comparing Bashar and Mortaza? (I mean... only between the two of them)
Mortaza
Aftab
Javed, Bashar, Ashraful, Aftab (4)
Shahriar Nafees
Mortaza
Rajjak
Ashraful
Mortaza
Aftab > Rajin > Ashraful > Iqbal
SN HB against Australia
Javed Omar
Ashraful
Mushfiqur Rahim
Rajin Saleh
Yes, they both did
Manjarul Rana
Mohammad Rafique

Tigers_eye
February 8, 2007, 02:07 PM
...btw I mean who scored more Test 6s comparing only between Bashar and Mortaza.

Rajin captained at Scotland I missed that one.

Bashar should be the winner against Mortaza.

On your first question it is a test innings not test match correct?

Xavier
February 8, 2007, 02:28 PM
Rubu got 13 right, similar to other users... you all get right 3-8-15-21... you all make wrong answer on 17: he was born in october '85 and had debut in november 2000... sorry for making confusion...

yes, the first one is about a Test innings.

btw I missed n.6 when making copy-paste:
6. How many BD totals appear in the list of 10 lowest team totals in a Test innings?

Sorry mates... I have to apologise again: the answer to n.5 is two different players, one for Test and one for ODI (my book is not updated!)

Rubu
February 8, 2007, 02:35 PM
May I know which 7 I missed? you can u2u me if you want to keep the correct answers a secret for now.

akabir77
February 8, 2007, 04:38 PM
Good effort Tigers_eye and akabir77 but still some mistakes...
btw I mean who scored more Test 6s comparing only between Bashar and Mortaza.
Bahsar
Razin

again bold stuff is my ans

Xavier
February 8, 2007, 04:47 PM
again bold stuff is my ans

1 of the two is right...

al Furqaan
February 8, 2007, 05:32 PM
Hello mates! To satisfy my cricket-addiction I gifted myself the cricinfo guide to cricket 2007 (not an expensive gift anyway) and found some interesting facts about Bangladesh cricket... so I thought a BD cricket quiz could be some fun!

Some of this are about records and some are amazing trivia... can you answer all questions without checking the stats on cricinfo?

5. Which BD cricketer has scored more 6s in Tests? and which one in ODIs? (corrected...)
17. ...and which one scored 75 in his first class debut in november 2000 when only aged 15?

1) enam
2) razzak and aftab
3) bashar
4) guess is mash
5) test - rafique, ODI - aftab
7) javed, bashar, ash
8) SN

Xavier
February 8, 2007, 05:44 PM
Well done al Furqaan, though not completely faultless.

Miraz
February 8, 2007, 06:18 PM
you all make wrong answer on 17...

Don't want to spoil the fun :)

Only providing correct answer for no. 17

Nafis Iqbal (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56064.html)

Xavier
February 8, 2007, 06:59 PM
Don't want to spoil the fun :)

Only providing correct answer for no. 17

Nafis Iqbal (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56064.html)

Right! And the correct answer to n.4 is Mortaza who hit 7 6s in Test cricket while Bashar only hit 2 (and 374 4s!).

Still no-one gave correct answer to n.9 and n.10... and answers to n.7 and n.13 are uncorrect and/or uncomplete... a tip: SN is still at 402 runs scored in Test cricket, as he only played 6 Tests!

bye mates, tomorrow I'll post all the right answers!:)

al Furqaan
February 8, 2007, 07:51 PM

9) rafique
10) razzak
11) ash
12) mash again
13) saleh, ash, iqbal, aftab
14) don't knwo the exact number but its javed and bashar
15) Javed???
16) manjural islam rana or mushfiqur rahim
17) no idea
18) rajin saleh
19) JO
20)
21) rafique

Mridul
February 8, 2007, 11:55 PM
Still no-one gave correct answer to n.9 and n.10... and answers to n.7 and n.13 are uncorrect and/or uncomplete... a tip: SN is still at 402 runs scored in Test cricket, as he only played 6 Tests!

4 Players
Habibul Bashar
Javed Omar
Mohammad Ashraful
Khaled Mashud

Nazmul Hossain

Farooque Chowdhury

Rajin Saleh
Mohammad Ashraful
Nafis Iqbal
Aftab Ahmed

Xavier
February 9, 2007, 01:52 PM

Nazmul Hossain

Farooque Chowdhury

I didn't consider N.Hossain, he has 88.8 but only scored 8 runs in 2 innings...

Do you mean Golam Farouq? He's not.

Xavier
February 9, 2007, 03:22 PM
Here are all the correct answers:

1. Enamul 7-95 against Zimbabwe january 2005, Test2 (the drawn one).
2. Aftab 5-31 (NZ november 2004) - Razzak 5-33 (5 december 2006)
3. Bashar
4. Mortaza scored 7 Test 6s, Bashar only scored 2 (though making 374 4s!)
5. Rafique has 33 Test 6s, Aftab has 37 ODI 6s!
6. 0. 10th lowest total is 43 by SA (19th century!). BD lowest total is 86, the best of all test teams.
7. Bashar 2838, Omar 1525, Ashraful 1511 and Mashud 1361... Rafique is at 982, Saleh at 930, SN has scored 402 in 6 Tests.
8. Shariar Nafees, he made his maiden first-class century against the strongest opponent!
9. Rafique 65.55, due to his attitude at scoring sixes!
10. Saqibul Hasan 3.39, updated to today match.
11. Ashraful played 33, Rafique 26.
12. Mashrafee Mortaza today has reached 101.86!
13. 1-Saleh 29.06, 2-Ashraful 24.37, 3-Nafees Iqbal 23.54, 4-Aftab 20.78.
14. SN and Bashar 187 against Australia (1st test).
15. Omar
16. Mushfiqur Rahim was 16 years 261 days old when scored a century against Northamptonshire in 2005!
17. Nafees Iqbal in november 2000.
18. Rajin Saleh was aged 20 when being captain of Bangladesh at Champions Trophy 2004.
19. Yes, they both did it once.
20. It's Manjural Islam Rana! It's quite surprising as he's mainly considered a ODI player!
21. obviously Rafique...

All of you gave most of correct ansers, congrats!
(...but nobody answered correctly to n.10)

Mridul
February 9, 2007, 05:43 PM
I didn't consider N.Hossain, he has 88.8 but only scored 8 runs in 2 innings...

Do you mean Golam Farouq? He's not.

You did not mention minimum ODI/test played.....so i assumed 1 match should be fine...and its Farooque Chowdhury....played 2 ODI's in 1986

Rubu
February 10, 2007, 11:10 AM
Since no one else is participating I guess its time for Xavier to post the answers.

Xavier
February 10, 2007, 12:03 PM
@ Rubu: check post #18 ;)

@ Mridul: you are right, I should have mentioned that, it just looked quite unsignificant to me while I was impressed by Rafique strike rate.

About Farooque Chowdhury... I finally found this page on him:
http://stats.rleague.com/odi/players/bowling/0094.html
looks like he had an overall 2.41 economy rate in the two ODIs he played, I don't know why he wasn't mentioned in cricinfo all-time bowling stats. I'm checking further. But it looks like you are right, if those ODIs are considered as offical ones.