PDA

View Full Version : Has It Finally Been Done

pilot fan
February 9, 2007, 11:27 AM
has rahims knock today finally pused pilot out, today rahim showed he is a genuine wicketkeeper batsman who can bat anywhere in the order, our teams weekness has allways been that we only play 6 batsman then a keeper then the bowlers now we can play 7 batsman as we can count rahim as a batsman

along with mortaza, rafique and rassak coming in latter our batting looks a lot more solid now,

so the question is is this now the end for pilot?

sadi
February 9, 2007, 11:31 AM
Yes Mushfiq stays. Time for you to change your nick to mushfiq_fan.

Farhad
February 9, 2007, 11:33 AM
Yeah....I was impressed with Mushfiq. He might have one the match for us.....But you never know

PoorFan
February 9, 2007, 11:35 AM
Mushfiq did the great job today, and in next match it will be finalized I hope.

Miraz
February 9, 2007, 11:40 AM
Adios Pilot.

Mushfiq showed today the importance of having a capable batsman as a wicket keeper.

My Man of the Match is Mushfiq.

Tigers_eye
February 9, 2007, 11:47 AM
If any of the selectors can read this.

Choose the best team for the WC. Mushfique can't be ignored any more even playing the big teams. He is not the same kid who had that puzzled look at Bogura.

fwullah
February 9, 2007, 12:00 PM
I just want to know one thing - did Mushique have that kyabla kanto hashi?

Rubu
February 9, 2007, 12:07 PM
Problem with us is that we make decisions too early. One match and we want to ax ash and make mushfiq permanent.

I say, let not jump to conclusion. lets see how mushfiq does in the last match. WC is a place we can't do any experiment. We need to make sure we send the best team there.

Zobair
February 9, 2007, 12:08 PM
He played an excellent under pressure and on a seaming wicket. If the selectors are smart and pragamatic this one should be an easy decision. Rahim has safely negotiated the initial jittery/nervous phase. He will show his real abilities with the bat and gloves as he gets more and more confident.

Duck
February 9, 2007, 12:40 PM
He played an excellent under pressure and on a seaming wicket. If the selectors are smart and pragamatic this one should be an easy decision. Rahim has safely negotiated the initial jittery/nervous phase. He will show his real abilities with the bat and gloves as he gets more and more confident.

This match winning performance should give him much more confidence of being part of the final 11 of all the future games and also for the performance behind the stumps.

FaridpurChicago
February 9, 2007, 12:54 PM
At least it is proved that experience doesn't count always. Had there be Pilot today instead of Mush, we would have lost the match undoubtedly.

Ashraful is proving once again that you can't depend on him. We need to give Tushar Imran a chance now. He should be axed not for the next match only, for the WC as well if we want to do well. He is a reckless guy who doesn't know what is meant by responsibility.

FaridpurChicago
February 9, 2007, 01:00 PM
Problem with us is that we make decisions too early. One match and we want to ax ash and make mushfiq permanent.

I say, let not jump to conclusion. lets see how mushfiq does in the last match. WC is a place we can't do any experiment. We need to make sure we send the best team there.
Bhai Rubu, I'm with you where we can't do experiment. Isn't it true that Pilot is a match looser. Isn't it proven. I'm not ready to do experiment with Pilot. He is a proven 'Shomman jonok porajoy' person to me. Never stood up for the cause of win in last two years that Mushfiq did today. I'm not ready for experiment.

sadi
February 9, 2007, 01:00 PM
The team management deserves some credit for promoting Mushfiq up the order also. That was quite a smart decision considering the situation we were in. He is way calmer than Bashar or Ash.

kalpurush
February 9, 2007, 01:44 PM
He (Mushfiq) is way calmer than Bashar or Ash.

No doubt about that.

Xavier
February 9, 2007, 01:47 PM
Could Mushfiqur Rahim be the new ODI opener with Shariar?

pagol-chagol
February 9, 2007, 01:56 PM

Good idea but has he ever played opener? How many more experiments do you want to do before the world cup. Its time to minimize experiments until the world cup is over.

Xavier
February 9, 2007, 01:59 PM
You are right... I was just guessing about that as no-one looked good enough for that role and he's confident and can score quickly. I think there could be a batting orde like this:
1.SN
2.Mushfiqur
3.Aftab
4*Bashar
5.Ashraful
6.Saqibul
7+Mashud
8.Rafique
9.Mashrafe

sadi
February 9, 2007, 02:22 PM
You guys are kidding right? Please stop now. The opener issue is not even funny anymore.

Fazal
February 9, 2007, 03:46 PM
Atlast some good batting from Rahim. I say let him bat at #5 again. Who knows ... Sakib at #4 and Rahim (if it works) at #5 will be a very building block of bangladesh's batting order. We need to give him few more chances to blossom or fail before we can make our mind one way or other.

Fazal
February 9, 2007, 04:38 PM
"Mushfique’s fighting qualities and his ability to play according to the pulse of the match made him the right man for that situation. His stand of exactly 100 in 22 overs with man of the match Shahriar Nafees Ahmed proved decisive in the end" - Rabeed Imam (tigercricket)

Related comment by Rabeed Imam

Miraz
February 9, 2007, 04:47 PM
"Mushfique’s fighting qualities and his ability to play according to the pulse of the match made him the right man for that situation. His stand of exactly 100 in 22 overs with man of the match Shahriar Nafees Ahmed proved decisive in the end" - Rabeed Imam (tigercricket)Player of the match Habibul Bashar (Bangladesh
Who is right? :confused:

TheWatcher
February 9, 2007, 04:48 PM
Mushfiq used to be the opener for U/17 team. I think he is technically sound enough to be promoted at #3 or #4 in future, but for now #5 is not a bad position.

Pilot is nowadays scoring in single digit for Abahani, don't see any reason to bring him back.

akabir77
February 9, 2007, 04:52 PM
Who is right? :confused:

They announced in the field that Hablu was the MOM and then after wards the announcer apologized to Hablu saying that he is actually the Man of the MOMENT not match. and Sn is the real MOM.

Like ZImbo Govt ZIMBO CB is also in diseray...

al Furqaan
February 9, 2007, 09:29 PM
If any of the selectors can read this.

Choose the best team for the WC. Mushfique can't be ignored any more even playing the big teams. He is not the same kid who had that puzzled look at Bogura.

mushfiq is the real deal...but i wouldn't say he is quite ready yet. but he may still be better than pilot since his keeping is close enough to pilot's and maybe even on par.

ialbd
February 9, 2007, 09:47 PM
They announced in the field that Hablu was the MOM and then after wards the announcer apologized to Hablu saying that he is actually the Man of the MOMENT not match. and Sn is the real MOM.

Like ZImbo Govt ZIMBO CB is also in diseray...

haha Man of the Moment and the moment was over real soon. I am sure Habu gave that kebla smile to the presentation team to confuse them even more....:-D

billah
February 9, 2007, 09:59 PM
Pilot isn't going anywhere 'til the WC07, in my opinion. Trying Mushfiq out in the world cup would be a big mistake. For the team and for Mushfiq himself.

cricket_king
February 9, 2007, 10:08 PM
yup.......Puchki did very well yesterday. Hats off to him :bravo:
Nafees's contribution seems to have been forgotten but its probably because we've come to expect that from him now........and he didnt disappoint :)

cricket_king
February 9, 2007, 10:36 PM

OH CMON! NO MORE OPENERS! Leave him where he is............he can save us when our top order collapses. :hairpull:

Zobair
February 9, 2007, 10:37 PM
Can you elaborate? Do you believe playing World Cup league matches against Bermuda, Sri Lanka and India is harder than a Test debut at Lords in very testing batting conditions? I personally think the boy is ready for the big time...he has toured with the national team for a while now and he has obviously got talent and temperament. He had a lean patch in the middle but he seems to be coming around. Pilot may have been around the block but he can't buy a run these days, and hasn't been able to for a good while now, not even on the domestic circuit.

Pilot isn't going anywhere 'til the WC07, in my opinion. Trying Mushfiq out in the world cup would be a big mistake. For the team and for Mushfiq himself.

cricket_pagol
February 9, 2007, 10:39 PM
Musfiq's batting is definitely better than pilot's. Is Musfiq's wicket keeping as good as pilot's. Ithink that's the real question? We cannot have a wicket keeper making too many mistakes.

I don't know how musfiq is performing as a wicket keeper in Zimbabwe. I would like to get some facts about it.

BTW, i am still undecided on this issue...

Fazal
February 9, 2007, 11:01 PM
Pilot may have been around the block but he can't buy a run these days, and hasn't been able to for a good while now, not even on the domestic circuit.

Yes... Pilot is even a batting liability for local team Abahani playing in domestic league.

shaoun
February 9, 2007, 11:14 PM
mushfique was great today. yeah he was great in this match against zimbabwe. he may well be our future wicket keeper. but for world cup pilot should be there. he has a century in west indies. he is an experience player. we always should keep chance to young prospect but not in world cup. i hope selectors dont make the same mistake this world cup as they did in the last world cup. we cant rely on all young players because they will choke under pressure like they did last world cup.

Fazal
February 9, 2007, 11:24 PM
we cant rely on all young players because they will choke under pressure like they did last world cup.

Can you be more specific please. Can you please list them, which players in your opinion chocked in last world cup, Out of that we can find out how many were young and how many were Buira Dhamra?

bapzmania
February 9, 2007, 11:50 PM
Mushfique my hometown hero proves once again that he is much better than Pilot.....but there r some ppl who still worry about his wicket keeping ability....i hope he will get more chances to play in the same position...

safaat
February 10, 2007, 12:45 AM
why not mushfiq at number three and afteb dowm the order at seven. mushfiq does struggle against spin (i have seen him in bd domestic matches). what it does it allows mushfiq, sakib and bashar to build the innings in the middle and then ash, aftab and sloggers rafique and mash to have a swing in the last 15 overs. stats will tell we struggle in the last overs

Sovik
February 10, 2007, 05:10 AM
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/71600/71659.jpg

what happened to his MRF bat?

sadi
February 10, 2007, 11:16 AM
It will be very hard for Pilot to make the team now. The team management gave Mushfiq a chance by sending him up the order to bat and he took it with both hands. This kid has so much potential. I am happy for him.

BangladeshFan
February 10, 2007, 11:39 AM
even before this last match against zim, i was all for mushfiq and dropping pilot. he has batting potential and his keeping is reasonable. we dont have really quick bowlers or awkward spinners so he should be fine. batting at 3 or 4, he will bring the calming influence Bd badly needs. and he has enough exp to replace pilot in the WC.

oporajeyo_bangla
February 10, 2007, 11:47 AM
i think mushfiq has proven today that he is capable of replacing pilot in the WC. pilot has done a lot for the country... but it's now a time for change. he showed tremendous maturity today; something that tushar and tapash didn't.

TheWatcher
February 10, 2007, 01:21 PM
I am glad to say Mushfiq has finally proven his worth as a batsman. I am also very happy with the way the management used him for last two matches. From now on, #3 and #4 positions should be put aside for Aftab and Mushfiq. The equation should be like this- If SN's partner (whoever that will be) gets out, Aftab comes to blast the opposition, but if SN gets out, Mushfiq should come to prevent a possible collapse.

incredible
February 10, 2007, 01:48 PM
I am not sure if the bangladeshi selectors have the balls to drop pilot..for WC07
but mushfiq should be in the team and whatmore should make sure the best team is picked on the day ..there is a triangular tournament before the tournament ..with barmuda and scotland i think...not sure...

ppl who are still cheering for pilot..(with due respect to him and all the contribution to BD cricket) ..plz..time to wake up...move foroward..

i deeply believe..bangladesh has a good side..(only one left is habibul to go) ..and Ashraful's position..we need a consistent batsman ... at # 6

go :flag: