PDA

View Full Version : Ashraful Shld Be Axed

Fortuner
February 9, 2007, 11:31 AM
I Think If The Selectors Got Some Brain...they Shld Drop Out Ashraful For The 4th Match N Give Him An Warning. Leave Alone Everything,2day We Wanted Ashraful To Perform...he Dint...gud News Is The We Wont This Gam Somehow...

Wht Do U Guys Think..ash Drop Out Or Not???

FaridpurChicago
February 9, 2007, 11:40 AM
Ashraful is proving once again that you can't depend on him. We need to give Tushar Imran a chance now. He should be axed not for the next match only, for the WC as well if we want do well. He is a reckless guy who doesn't know what is meant by responsibility.
At least it is proved that experience doesn't count always. Had there be Pilot today instead of Mush, we would lose the match undoubtedly.

PoorFan
February 9, 2007, 11:45 AM
I am sure Ash is out from next game, not sure about WC though.

Tigers_eye
February 9, 2007, 11:51 AM
1. NOOOOO!!! I want Ash in the 4th ODI.

2. I don't want Tushar to be tried again for one match only. That would be another mistake and become a non performing statistics.

3. I want Ash out of the WC squad after the 4th ODI if he can't get a 50+. There I said it. Forhad is 10 times better than current ODI Ash. He gives another bowling option.

Mohiul
February 9, 2007, 12:01 PM
1. NOOOOO!!! I want Ash in the 4th ODI.

2. I don't want Tushar to be tried again for one match only. That would be another mistake and become a non performing statistics.

3. I want Ash out of the WC squad after the 4th ODI if he can't get a 50+. There I said it. Forhad is 10 times better than current ODI Ash. He gives another bowling option.

You are right as tigers's eyes are right in finding their prey

sadi
February 9, 2007, 12:05 PM
Er mane Tiger bhai Ash ke ekebare nengta na kore charbe na. Ami mone korsilam bhaloy bhaloy biday dibo.

PoorFan
February 9, 2007, 12:06 PM
When Ash came on the pitch today, we were in a position to score 250+ only if he could score a mere 20 runs. Instead he just fell for RUNOUT scoring 3!!! To me it's unforgiveable! I want to see a butt kick in next match no matter what.

pagol-chagol
February 9, 2007, 12:27 PM
2 questions. Was Ashrarul's run out caused by Bashar who has a knack for getting his partners out. Did the team management have so little confident in Asharaful that when we were at a crucial moment, we sent in a rookie to save the team instead of Ashraful? He doesn't evern bowl anymore. Why is he 7th? If he can't save us from Z. and needs to be saved by a rookie what is he?

fwullah
February 9, 2007, 12:35 PM
I think by now we know that Ashraful will never perform against the likes of Kenya, Zmbabwe.

If we're not playing against teams like Australia or Sri Lanka or India, then talented players like Ashraful just doesn't think that he should be the one to score today.

My soluton? Let him play all the big matches with India-SL-AUS-ENG only.

fwullah
February 9, 2007, 12:36 PM
And do you remember, Ashraful scored 50 when Zimbabwe had players like Heath Streak, Flower brothers in the team?

Tigers_eye
February 9, 2007, 12:46 PM
Er mane Tiger bhai Ash ke ekebare nengta na kore charbe na. Ami mone korsilam bhaloy bhaloy biday dibo.
I don't know about you but I don't want to be frustrated in WC. I have never seen an off-form player regaining form in international cricket. Never!!! If we yank him now he will come back in the team again in expense of Tushar and noone would mind then.

Say they plug-in Tushar and he makes a 30+, heck 50+ or below 20. That don't mean anything. Selectors as well as fans would not hesitate to put Ash back in the lineup for the WC as if he is our Moses, and citing Tushar's performance was against a minnow.

But if Ash fails in all four outings, and we are not going to try a new player Tushar for the WC and Forhad comes into play. Ash staying in the team can't be justified then by any sain man.

I didn't want to expose his bou pitano jontro. Left his underwear on.

BangladeshFan
February 9, 2007, 12:49 PM
we got too high expectation from him. if we can persist with a tortoise mehrab for 8-9 matches, we can also persist with ashraful. can anyone put up the stat for last 8-9matches of Bd batsmen, which will give a better comparison?

ottawaGuy
February 9, 2007, 12:55 PM
title of the forum could be altered to suggest: Ash axed after 4rth odi ..unless offcourse the paranormal intervenes.

untill then he's got every rights to stay in the tour

pagol-chagol
February 9, 2007, 01:04 PM
I think by now we know that Ashraful will never perform against the likes of Kenya, Zmbabwe.

If we're not playing against teams like Australia or Sri Lanka or India, then talented players like Ashraful just doesn't think that he should be the one to score today.

LOL.

Actually, the fact of the matter is, we don't have the talent to say we can beat India or Srilanka, except on a rare occasions when lightning strucks, and they are a little off.

In the world cup we should beat Bermuda with just about any lineup.

To make a major upset against India or Srilanka, we need to have players who are not necessarily safe, but, if click, can give us a respectable total.

Most of us, including me, have little or no faith in Ashraful, but if India/Srilanka had a choice to drop one of our players, they would choose one from Ashraful, Nafees and Mashrafee.

They would want us to populate our team with safe players, like Mehrab Jr., who would make mediocrity our ceiling. I am not for Tamim either who is not ready, and may never be ready.

Right before the world cup we have more questions than answers. How sad.

I am all for Rahim, not only because of his batting, but because he creates better chemistry with his team-mates, and I want 2011 world cup in BD to be his 2nd world cup, not first.

sadi
February 9, 2007, 01:12 PM

What a plan. Brilliant Tiger bhai!!!! ;)

kalpurush
February 9, 2007, 01:27 PM

Very humorous! ;) :-D

ottawaGuy
February 9, 2007, 01:28 PM
bangladesh seems to be doing well off in the bowling dept. as for batting, its only #1 & #6 which seems to be uncertain b4 the WC. And its clear we've established rahim as a better prospect than pilot. so y not play all of TI, ASH, Tamim & mehrab in the final odi and let them fight it out to the WC squad as there's little left to lose in the series! SN, Aftab and shakib are automatic choices even if they perform terrible in the last match, i say give two of those three a rest!

pagol-chagol
February 9, 2007, 01:36 PM
I have never seen an off-form player regaining form in international cricket. Never!!!

Looks like Bashar, Nafees and Rahim stunk it up in the league but playing fairly well in Africa.

LateCut
February 9, 2007, 01:40 PM
Dump Ashraful! Are you crazy? We should clone him into 10 more players. In this way, we can be assured that one of the clones will perform agains SL and India.

pagol-chagol
February 9, 2007, 01:45 PM
Dump Ashraful! Are you crazy? We should clone him into 10 more players. In this way, we can be assured that one of the clones will perform agains SL and India.

LOL

We need 2 to score centuries, because we know the other 9 will be out close to 0. Its a hail mary pass for us in football terms, until our Australian players (Nadif and Zunaed) are ready.

cricket_pagol
February 9, 2007, 01:55 PM
I tushar should get atleast one chance to play since he came to the tour. So somebody should be dropped? I am in favor dropping aftab for a game because he always gets out by playing a reckless shot (very similar to ashraful, but scores more runs than ash). Aftab has not been dropped recently for his irresponsible style of playing. I would not drop Ashraful at this moment, because in the first game he came in very late (scored 23), second game played a reckless shot and in the 3rd game he was runout.

bengaltiger
February 9, 2007, 02:14 PM
drop ash plzz. if we are sending him at no 7 what does it say about his role in the team? A BURDEN, dah.

roaring tigerz
February 9, 2007, 02:27 PM
Next game Ashraful should bat in top 5. Yes, there is no way he is being dropped before the World Cup. If he is playing for sure, it would be better for the team if he got a big score now. He has been disappointing and inconsistent as always. Good that the public expectation surrounding him has waned. Now maybe just maybe he can play his elusive 'natural game.'

Fazal
February 9, 2007, 02:54 PM

With his current form if we clone him into 10, we will be a cloned version of Bermuda team.

FaridpurChicago
February 9, 2007, 02:55 PM
I tushar should get atleast one chance to play since he came to the tour. So somebody should be dropped? I am in favor dropping aftab for a game because he always gets out by playing a reckless shot (very similar to ashraful, but scores more runs than ash). Aftab has not been dropped recently for his irresponsible style of playing. I would not drop Ashraful at this moment, because in the first game he came in very late (scored 23), second game played a reckless shot and in the 3rd game he was runout.

I agree with you about Aftab. He is a good reader of ball but he is too careless. He needs a losson. He needs to know the value of one down position and also needs to know that his position is not secured if he fails to play.

Fazal
February 9, 2007, 02:58 PM
We have tried all the slots from #1 to #7 and nothing is clicking now days. I think its time to try him for the remaining few balling slots before the WC. How about letting him bat @ #8 slot for the next ODI?

TheWatcher
February 9, 2007, 04:08 PM
According to Utpol Shuvro's report (http://www.prothom-alo.org/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MjQ3NzU=&mid=OA==) from Harare, Bashar forced Ashraful to take a risky single, Ash was bit hesitant before start running, and got out from a direct throw by Chigumbura. Well, we will never know for sure whose fault it was.

Anyway, I want to see what Tushar has to offer in the last match.

Tigers_eye
February 9, 2007, 04:13 PM
Looks like Bashar, Nafees and Rahim stunk it up in the league but playing fairly well in Africa.
Bashar: don't blame his form, blame is old age (runouts) and injuries for miscues at the intl level. Even with that he performed 10 times better than the Fool last year.
Nafees: after coming to big leagues he excelled and capitalized the form he had (turned good starts in to centuries). Never was off form to me. Even Glichirst gets out at zero. You can't blame form for those odd ones.
Rahim: I don't want to praise him too much, but he is the real deal. about his poor Stats, There are lies, damn lies and statistics. he wasn't off form. You don't expect all rookies to be King James. They take time to develop.

As for Ash it is his form which has gone downhill for the past one year.

never!! No examples you can find from anyother test teams. unless your definition of form is different. Shewag is about to get kicked out. He has lost his openning slot. Had it not been Chappel he would have watched the Indian matches from his comfy couch. Even Clark, Symond, Gower, botham were dropped when they lost their form.

Local matches are cooked on low heat but Intl matches are done under pressure cooker. The more pressure one have the less likely he would play his natural game or find his natural strokes, rythem, footwork etc.

al Furqaan
February 9, 2007, 04:16 PM
nice, disraeli quote, tigers_eye.

ash should be dropped, but brought back for the world cup. you never know when that idiot will learn, but when he does, the tigers will win...thats all that needs to be said.

Fazal
February 9, 2007, 04:30 PM
Ash already finished his quota for one year. He scored a double century in local league few moths ago. I guess we need to wait patiently six more months before we can expect anything from him..... ar kota din shobur koro..rosun buney chi..

pagol-chagol
February 9, 2007, 04:37 PM
Bashar: don't blame his form, blame is old age (runouts) and injuries for miscues at the intl level. Even with that he performed 10 times better than the Fool last year.
Nafees: after coming to big leagues he excelled and capitalized the form he had (turned good starts in to centuries). Never was off form to me. Even Glichirst gets out at zero. You can't blame form for those odd ones.
Rahim: I don't want to praise him too much, but he is the real deal. about his poor Stats, There are lies, damn lies and statistics. he wasn't off form. You don't expect all rookies to be King James. They take time to develop.

As for Ash it is his form which has gone downhill for the past one year.

never!! No examples you can find from anyother test teams. unless your definition of form is different. Shewag is about to get kicked out. He has lost his openning slot. Had it not been Chappel he would have watched the Indian matches from his comfy couch. Even Clark, Symond, Gower, botham were dropped when they lost their form.

Local matches are cooked on low heat but Intl matches are done under pressure cooker. The more pressure one have the less likely he would play his natural game or find his natural strokes, rythem, footwork etc.

Didn't you follow the dhaka league? Nafees/Bashar/Rahim were playing horribly there. Farooq was quite worried about the forms of all our batsman (except Tamim & Ash). They are doing much better as soon as they got out of the country. Ash on the other hand is doing the opposite.

sunniath
February 9, 2007, 05:53 PM
i think ash will come around.he is no longer the center of attention for our team.i think he will no longer has to carry the pressure of being the star of the team and start playing his real game.if we throw him out,we have to pick tushar or rajin,which wont make much of a difference anyway.so we should rather keep him hoping that every now and then,he will play a gem of an innings to take the team to victory.we should just leave in alone and let him figure out his game.

arafath79
February 9, 2007, 07:26 PM
When Ash came on the pitch today, we were in a position to score 250+ only if he could score a mere 20 runs. Instead he just fell for RUNOUT scoring 3!!! To me it's unforgiveable! I want to see a butt kick in next match no matter what.

G apni thiki bolechen. Ashraful shalare laathi maira ekkebare fatay falano dorkar.

arafath79
February 9, 2007, 07:43 PM

Shahriar Nafees was never out of form to me. He was playing for a lower class team like City Club where they have no good coach and good foreign players in the team. He would have performed well if he played for Mohammedan or Abahani.

The performance of Shahriar Nafees in the KAI-Altech Premier Division cricket league’s : http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/smilies/smile.gif

City Club Vs Partex SC
<TABLE id=Score2_DisplayTable style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px; FONT-SIZE: x-small; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 100%; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 19px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: white; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: transparent" borderColor=transparent border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=scoreline>Shahriar Nafees</TD><TD class=scoreline>lbw Dipozzal Dey Robin</TD><TD class=scoreline align=middle>22</TD><TD class=scoreline align=middle>35</TD><TD class=scoreline align=middle>5</TD><TD class=scoreline align=middle>0</TD><TD class=scoreline align=middle>62.86</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
City Club Vs Sonargaon
<TABLE id=Score2_DisplayTable style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px; FONT-SIZE: x-small; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 100%; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 19px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: white; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: transparent" borderColor=transparent border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=scoreline>Shahriar Nafees</TD><TD class=scoreline>c Dhiman Ghosh b Md. Sharif</TD><TD class=scoreline align=middle>28</TD><TD class=scoreline align=middle>31</TD><TD class=scoreline align=middle>5</TD><TD class=scoreline align=middle>0</TD><TD class=scoreline align=middle>90.32</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Brothers Union Vs City Club
<TABLE id=Score2_Table2 style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 100%; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 19px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: white; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: transparent" borderColor=transparent border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=scoreline>Shahriar Nafees</TD><TD class=scoreline>c Hannan Sarkar b Debu Broto Pal</TD><TD class=scoreline align=middle>17</TD><TD class=scoreline align=middle>23</TD><TD class=scoreline align=middle>3</TD><TD class=scoreline align=middle>0</TD><TD class=scoreline align=middle>73.91</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

OLD DOHSSC vs City Club Shahriar Nafees 132(130 balls) http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/smilies/bravo.gif
It looks he got the start in the previous matches and got out beacuse of playing too many desperate strokes but he came back with a fantastic century (132 from 130balls) against OLD DOHSSC . There is nothing to worry about Nafees batting form and performance now.

BD Tigers
February 9, 2007, 07:54 PM
another thread on Ash. It just says that we LOOOOOVE to hate this boy and hate to love.

Kuddus
February 9, 2007, 08:21 PM
Ash at number 6 is more or less the same as ash not being on the team. I was going to say its a waste of his talent...but then again that is up for debate as well

fuzzy
February 9, 2007, 08:23 PM
na, his having an ok series, its some of the top orders fault.

roc
February 9, 2007, 09:03 PM
Ashraful is proving once again that you can't depend on him. We need to give Tushar Imran a chance now. He should be axed not for the next match only, for the WC as well if we want do well. He is a reckless guy who doesn't know what is meant by responsibility.
At least it is proved that experience doesn't count always. Had there be Pilot today instead of Mush, we would lose the match undoubtedly.

look man i think he's been doing fine. he's been scoring over 20s since he came back. but the thing is we cant afford to drop him. cause in my opinion i dont think we can replace him. for example, we beat australia cause of him, and by the way Tushar Imran is no where near Ashrafool.:flag:

Fazal
February 9, 2007, 11:12 PM
...by the way Tushar Imran is no where near Ashrafool.:flag:

Alhamdullila... mukhe phul chondon poruk...the futher the better .....atlast then Tushar will score some run then.

SMHasan
February 9, 2007, 11:26 PM

I would feel very happy if this is true but sadly it's not. What he did against the Aussies? Can you remmeber when Utpol Shuvro one of his vokto wrote 'Ashraful, australia tour is coming to an end!', he worte that column just to say that Ash perform only against the big teams.

A good batsman scores in any condition and regardless of the oponent. He should wake up now.

I want to repeat my words here: There is no point of sending your one of the talented or best batsman at number 7. This is useless. If you don't want him in the team then throw him out otherwise give him proper chance to bat. Just imagine he is coming out to bat when we need runs and we don't have enough overs left. In this situation how a batsman can build his innings? Number 7 isn't a place to build personal innings, it is the time to kill the bowler with the power.

I believe if Ash plays then he should come at 4 and if we have Aftab at 6 it's even better for a better finish.

cricfanz
February 9, 2007, 11:33 PM
I'm back! only temporarily, though. (yes, rubu, nadif's prominence brought me back)

I think Ash should just be rested if he gives one more bad performance and given a shock, somehow, to force him to play to his abilities and score in the WC.

But I want Nadif in the WC final squad too. :P

zia
February 10, 2007, 12:05 AM
Ash wont score more than 20 in the next ODI. Wanna bet?

shovon13
February 10, 2007, 12:16 AM
I have never seen an off-form player regaining form in international cricket. Never!!!

eh? i've seen plenty of off-form players getting their form back. happens all the freakin time.

reyme
February 10, 2007, 01:49 AM
I want to repeat my words here: There is no point of sending your one of the talented or best batsman at number 7. This is useless. Number 7 isn't a place to build personal innings, it is the time to kill the bowler with the power.
I believe if Ash plays then he should come at 4 and if we have Aftab at 6 it's even better for a better finish.

Are you serious or joking? Ash has been tried in all the positions 1-7 and failed miserably everywhere. He tried at 3 then 4, then 5, 6 then at opening, then at 7. Where did he do anything significant lately? He was demoted to 7 because team management dont have any confidence in him and they showed that by sending Mushfiq at 4. They just dont dump him otherwise the entire media would start to cry.

Ash had a golden opportunity to prove his worth in the 2nd ODI. He came to the pitch so early that is pretty much coming at 4, as you desired. And what did he do? Failed, yes failed again with 16 with a strike rate under 50%.

Best batsman? Give us a break! Average, total score, strike rate: no matter what the criteria is, if you look at 1 year stats, Ashraful is the worst batsman in this team, his highness made a mockery out of his "talent", name and his subject!

I want to see ashraful in the next 100 games, nonstop, and after that everybody will be so sick and tired of his failure that they would never utter his name! Never.

Dhakablues
February 10, 2007, 02:03 AM
Guys, I am not a supporter of Ashraful. However, You have to consider his way of getting out in this series before saying he is not scoring runs. First, he is down at number 6, which is a waste for his ability . On the first match, He scored 22 runs from 26 balls,, and was out at 48th over. The second match, the entire team played worse and he atleast got to double digits trying to play many balls... and last night he was run out and thats something you cant blame someones form. He isnt throwing away his wicket as others. From the outset, even if it looks like Ashraful is not contributing,, you have to consider the all aspects before asking for his axe. It will be very unfortunate if he is out of the eleven today. However, I still wanted to see Tusher getting a chance to bat atleast once.

reyme
February 10, 2007, 02:13 AM
I dont want ash to be axed. To be honest, I dont have much expectation from him either, just want to see he shows some responsibility, which he does not seem to be capable of. Nafees gets Vice Captaincy over Ashraful, and that says a lot. Lets not forget he is playing for 6 years and is the 2nd most senior batsman in the team. People always try to come up with excuses for his favor. His out or low scores are alwyas some one else's fault :)

cricketboy
February 10, 2007, 03:08 AM
Ash will be perfect 12th man for WC. :)

Sovik
February 10, 2007, 04:55 AM
tushar given only one chance, he will be under pressure to perform and fail. and we will pick ash again

Orpheus
February 10, 2007, 04:57 AM
Ash will be perfect 12th man for WC. :)

The question shouldn't be whether or not we drop Ash rather it should be where do we play him and the answer is SIMPLE.. in 4th.

WHy is he playing 6/7 is beyond my understanding. Something is really wrong with Whatmore/Bashar.

So if Ashraful plays 6th in the world cup I will be really pissed. But putting him in 4th position while all these time he plays 6th/7th doesn't make much sense either. We are gonna so lose to Bermuda!!

Fazal
February 10, 2007, 06:15 AM
Actually the question is other way around my friend, i.e. whether Ash should be dropped or not is the real question rather than where he should be played. With his current form, there is no place or role for Ash. And that's why its creating so much confusion.

And thats why some people are desperately trying hard and absurd suggestion about where he should play. With his bad form he ended up playing as opener also and failed miserably. Now playing him at @4 instead of Sakib is the most absurd suggestion I can think off.

The problem with Ash is him-self and his lack of form, shuffling his batting slot will not solve anything, its another desperate attempt to shak deya mach dhakar moto. How long you can hide the truth...Wake up... enough dreaming already.

BangladeshFan
February 10, 2007, 06:35 AM
Guys, I am not a supporter of Ashraful. However, You have to consider his way of getting out in this series before saying he is not scoring runs. First, he is down at number 6, which is a waste for his ability . On the first match, He scored 22 runs from 26 balls,, and was out at 48th over. The second match, the entire team played worse and he atleast got to double digits trying to play many balls... and last night he was run out and thats something you cant blame someones form. He isnt throwing away his wicket as others. From the outset, even if it looks like Ashraful is not contributing,, you have to consider the all aspects before asking for his axe. It will be very unfortunate if he is out of the eleven today. However, I still wanted to see Tusher getting a chance to bat atleast once.

i agree with you, considering other batsmen in the team, he hasnt done badly in the series. a runout is not really a dismissal by the bowler. "form is temporary, class is permanent" and i think he has more ability than tushar. having said that, it is hard to distinguish what is "class" and what is "form" for ashraful. but you can see teams like pakistan bringing back azhar mahmud, afridi or india bringing back sehwag, pathan. it shows they know who are the "Impact" players and they will take them to WC irrespective of form. Bd must take ash to WC and then consider if he should be in the playing 11 or not.

Orpheus
February 10, 2007, 06:59 AM
And thats why some people are desperately trying hard and absurd suggestion about where he should play. With his bad form he ended up playing as opener also and failed miserably. Now playing him at @4 instead of Sakib is the most absurd suggestion I can think off.

Really? Then I have not much to say about your thought .........You want to share why it's absurd?

What achievement did Sakib make for Bangladesh? Now if you argue, he didn't get enough chances, then I counter that with "then he shouldn't be allowed to play in WC."

You see, our selectors are not visionary... they can not think beyond "current" series. If they were visionaries, they wouldn't either introduce Sakib/Forhad at such an odd time or they would have included them much earlier. They are so pathetic, they've included Tamim for the current series..

The difference between you and I is this: I am a sensible risk taker and you are you.

Do you know why we won against Australia? That's because Ashraful batted at 4
Do you know why we lost by lower margin against SL in champion's trophy: That's because Sakib batted at 4.

Now in WC, if you lose by huge margin or by 1 run, you lost and you are out. This is an one time opportunity. So whoever is thinking Tushar will take us to second round needs to have an MRI of their brain.

I am not saying to get rid of Sakib, I think he is a good player and he should play at 5 and Ash should play at 4.

Sakib CAN become a dud actually....yeah he did score a half century agains SL, he also made a DUCK the next game. And that bowled out was pretty pathetic to say the least.

Spitfire_x86
February 10, 2007, 09:49 AM
Sakib CAN become a dud actually....yeah he did score a half century agains SL, he also made a DUCK the next game. And that bowled out was pretty pathetic to say the least.
It's necessary to add that his 67 was also pathetic like his duck.

Tigers_eye
February 10, 2007, 11:14 AM
eh? i've seen plenty of off-form players getting their form back. happens all the freakin time.
rather than just hiding behind ambiguity why don't you name names? Stop making arguments if you can't back it up with facts. Teenagers!!

sadi
February 10, 2007, 11:20 AM
tushar given only one chance, he will be under pressure to perform and fail. and we will pick ash again

Brilliant!!! ;)

SMHasan
February 10, 2007, 11:36 AM
It's necessary to add that his 67 was also pathetic like his duck.

Very good one. Cricket is like a battle. If you don't wana fight then die or get out.

Tigers_eye
February 10, 2007, 11:38 AM

Do you know why we won against Australia? That's because Ashraful batted at 4
Do you know why we lost by lower margin against SL in champion's trophy: That's because Sakib batted at 4...

Your logic is so rediculous. We won against Pakistan with Chacha's all round effort in 1999. So you would have him in the team also because of a past performance.
Ash is riding his 2 year back performance of beating Australia, and blind hitting over England which luck had help not removing his bale in the first ball. Relying in lottery will make you broke.

shovon13
February 10, 2007, 11:51 AM
Your logic is so rediculous. We won against Pakistan with Chacha's all round effort in 1999. So you would have him in the team also because of a past performance.
Ash is riding his 2 year back performance of beating Australia, and blind hitting over England which luck had help not removing his bale in the first ball. Relying in lottery will make you broke.

true. i'm not talking about orpheus' logic either. and btw, its 'ridiculous'...dont mean any disrespect by that.

i believe ashraful has had a couple more good innings than the century against aussie and that crazy 94 against england. but lets just look at those 2 innings. if you watched both of them (which i have, countless times), you know why so many people love to take their chances with the still inconsistent ashraful. because, once he comes around, which he will at some point - our team will be ridiculous. just like your logic.

sadi
February 10, 2007, 12:20 PM
Funny how people want to have Ashraful in the team hoping his one of the eid innings come up in the next match. They wait, wait and wait. They make excuses. They watch his old innings again. But it doesn't come. Life goes on. Bangladesh play a man short.

shujan
February 10, 2007, 12:55 PM
Ashraful bring 2 Eid like performance a year. If all other 10 players bring 2 Eid themselves then we should have 22 Eid in a year. I do not see that is happening. Ashraful Eid comes against like of Australia and India. Al the new ones can have the Zimbabwe to chew on.

sadi
February 10, 2007, 01:45 PM
I propose, let Ashraful have some rest till the series against India and Australia then. Please, don't let such a talented player like him get burned out against lowly Zimbabwe, Kenya or Barmuda.

Fazal
February 10, 2007, 01:50 PM
Really? Then I have not much to say about your thought .........You want to share why it's absurd?

What achievement did Sakib make for Bangladesh? Now if you argue, he didn't get enough chances, then I counter that with "then he shouldn't be allowed to play in WC."

Just look at rubu's thread Player's Average: overview (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=18701) . I guess you will get your answer. Just look their standing and average based on all the opportunity that Ash got and whatever Sakib got.

Only in Bangladesh its possible.... even in ZIM or Kenya, a player with a career performance like Ash would have been disscarded for good long time ago.

The difference between you and I is this: I am a sensible risk taker and you are you.

Thats what every gambler thinks therefore I am not surprised by your self-assessment. If you want to day dream go ahead do that..... but don't expect every one is going to do that. Our National team is not a casino.... that you try your luck again again and hoping for a jack-pot, some of us are rather looking for more realistic goal and game plan and realistic expectation from our team players where you reward and evaluate players based on their performance as the first and most important criteria.

Ahmed_B
February 10, 2007, 02:16 PM
By any chance.... do we BC members almost use 50% of our time and posts/threads(in BC) on and about Ashraful? Man! This guy is lucky!

bangalee
February 10, 2007, 02:32 PM
We don't take too much time to get to a conclusion of dropping some one or bringing in another one.

We have been playing below par teams for last few months and we are dancing happily with joy on the wins, records etc. To be honest, Mehrab Jnr, Saqib may not even survive against quality bowling attack. We have few proven players who have performed well against Mega teams, Bashar, Nafees, Ashraful, Rafique, Aftab, Mashrafee. Saying that, Only THESE and THESE are the Nucleus of BD team.

I am not a Ash basher but I like to see him batting at #3 or 4 which will give him more exposure. He is an asset to the team we are just not utilizing him. A team functions as a successful team when we take the best out of it's members.

Ashraful should be there and should bat up the order. What a misuse of a great talent.

My 2 cents

shovon13
February 10, 2007, 03:28 PM
some of us are rather looking for more realistic goal and game plan and realistic expectation from our team players where you reward and evaluate players based on their performance as the first and most important criteria.

sounds eerily similar to the concept of 'respectable defeats'.

shujan
February 10, 2007, 06:17 PM
I propose, let Ashraful have some rest till the series against India and Australia then. Please, don't let such a talented player like him get burned out against lowly Zimbabwe, Kenya or Barmuda.

I forgot the debutant century against Sri-Lanka as well. I agree with you in WC Ashraful need not to be in the Bermuda (Tushar duck will suffice) game but in the other two Ash better be in.

cricketboy
February 10, 2007, 07:08 PM
Sobai bole Ashraful talented. Kintoo bochore 2 ta match e run korle kemne talented hoa? :(

Orpheus
February 10, 2007, 07:34 PM
Thats what every gambler thinks therefore I am not surprised by your self-assessment. If you want to day dream go ahead do that..... but don't expect every one is going to do that. Our National team is not a casino.... that you try your luck again again and hoping for a jack-pot, some of us are rather looking for more realistic goal and game plan and realistic expectation from our team players where you reward and evaluate players based on their performance as the first and most important criteria.

You have managed to take a sentence out of context and made it into gamble. The para below that sentence was supposed to support my claim why I think we SHOULD take Ashraful.

Let me reiterate: against Bermuda we will win regardless of how Ash performs... but against the other oppositions, we will have a chance to win if Ash performs to his potential. THus sensible risk taking. If suppose you take Tushar instead, he will either add a zero or if it's "his" day, will reduce the margin of defeat by 30 runs.. Follow me? Show me one instance where Tushar's contribution led to a victory. Where is the gamble?? Risk /= gamble.

Tiger's eye: Comparison to Sakib was made to show, that sakib was unable to keep up with the rr even though it was very possible whereas ashraful kept his pace! That's where the big difference is.... you need to read more actively.

I am arguing for POSITION NUMBER... not who, between sakib and ashraful should play. Keep that in mind. And if you want to argue about tushar being a possible replacement for Ash, then you can do that by yourself.... cuz that post will just be ignored.

Orpheus
February 10, 2007, 07:36 PM
by the way, you may have a case if the selection was not for WC. So whatever argument you wnna make, make in respect to WC. Performance against Zim (bad or good) doesn't prove anything... hence you have to go with previous performaces against stronger oppositions.

shaoun
February 10, 2007, 07:55 PM
ashraful didnt have a decent performance for bangladesh in almost 2 yrs. last one being at england. but he should be in our world cup team and i am sure he will be. he needs to mature. i was happy to see that he was dropped for the 4th odi against zimbabwe.

Dhakablues
February 10, 2007, 08:46 PM
Just watch this and you will rethink ashraful:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j87yMnDymA8

al Furqaan
February 10, 2007, 10:42 PM
Just watch this and you will rethink ashraful:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j87yMnDymA8

dhaka blues...whats the name of this song? is it available for download?

roc
February 10, 2007, 11:17 PM
Alhamdullila... mukhe phul chondon poruk...the futher the better .....atlast then Tushar will score some run then.
dude told ya tushar imran is not even close to Ashraful's quality. Tushar got a chance scored 0. atleast Ashraful was run out. before saying Ashraful shd be axed THINK bro. :)

Fazal
February 11, 2007, 12:44 AM
dude told ya tushar imran is not even close to Ashraful's quality. Tushar got a chance scored 0. atleast Ashraful was run out. before saying Ashraful shd be axed THINK bro. :)

You are wrong dude....check the facts first before bragging about Ash's quality (without little quantity to show for) ....after playing 82 ODI the ave is still 20.36.

Tushar's career is going to the drain and so is Ash's. In the mean time people like Farhad, Nadif , Sadat, Rana is just waiting in the wings for a chance or second chance. In that aspect both Tushar and Ash are in the same side, just going in the wrong direction

Fazal
February 11, 2007, 12:56 AM
Let me reiterate: against Bermuda we will win regardless of how Ash performs... but against the other oppositions, we will have a chance to win if Ash performs to his potential. THus sensible risk taking. If suppose you take Tushar instead, he will either add a zero or if it's "his" day, will reduce the margin of defeat by 30 runs.. Follow me? Show me one instance where Tushar's contribution led to a victory. Where is the gamble?? Risk /= gamble.

Whether you like it or not, based on the way the selectors are selecting now a days its obvious that slots #1 to #6 is no longer open for Ash in near future (with his current form), Therefore its pointless to argue about that to and forth, because its not going to happen I am sure about that.

Basically now only slot #7 is open in the Bangladeshi lineup. The for that slot its not only Tushar that Ash is fighting with. Basically for slot #7: the following players are still in the equation for the wc2007:
1) Farhad
2) If both Mehrab and Tamim plays, #7 will be no longer be open
3) Rafiq can take that slot plus they can choose Razzak + 3 FBs
4) Sharif
5) Don't discount Rana @ #7
6) Sadat lost the opportunity to travel in this series due to his injury. If both Sadat and Tamim plays, #7 will be no longer be open.

btw, when last time Ash win a game for us? That was close to 2 years ago. A reference of two years ago in a cricketer's career and trying to compare with his current form is like referencing an incident when the British was ruling the Indian sub-continent with present day, its that much absurd.

al Furqaan
February 11, 2007, 01:37 AM
Whether you like it or not, based on the way the selectors are selecting now a days its obvious that slots #1 to #6 is no longer open for Ash in near future (with his current form), Therefore its pointless to argue about that to and forth, because its not going to happen I am sure about that.

Basically now only slot #7 is open in the Bangladeshi lineup. The for that slot its not only Tushar that Ash is fighting with. Basically for slot #7: the following players are still in the equation for the wc2007:
1) Farhad
2) If both Mehrab and Tamim plays, #7 will be no longer be open
3) Rafiq can take that slot plus they can choose Razzak + 3 FBs
4) Sharif
5) Don't discount Rana @ #7
6) Sadat lost the opportunity to travel in this series due to his injury. If both Sadat and Tamim plays, #7 will be no longer be open.

this situation may be the best thing for bd cricket, and ash...if ash gets dropped for a season with adequate replacements, he might start scoring.

BD-Shardul
February 11, 2007, 03:17 AM
Ashraful Should be axed and there should be no debate about it. Even there should be no place for him in th WC squad. Bring back Rasel, Rajin, and Omar.

Sumon77
February 11, 2007, 05:00 AM
Ashraful Should be axed and there should be no debate about it. Even there should be no place for him in th WC squad. Bring back Rasel, Rajin, and Omar.
ya.... you want to axe ash and bring back JO... what a logic :mad:

Miraz
February 11, 2007, 06:05 AM
Was keeping myself away from the thread.

Those who want Ashraful's head, please name one viable alternative who can produce better except Tushar/Alok/JO who are proven loser and worse than Ashraful in any day.

I will be happy to take a match winner into the squad when we need to win on of the two big matches of World Cup to keep ourselves alive.

Some members have already allotted Ashraful no #7 slot and making imaginary fight for that place with others. Ashraful played only once at no 7 and that does not make him a no 7 place contender. He is a flexible choice for any position between 3-7 depending on match situation.

I admit his form and confidence is running low and team management should sit with him (if reqd. with psychologist) as we all know what he can produce with his willow.

Final word, whatever we say, Ashraful is going to WC and he will probably in the playing XI for the first match.

Orpheus
February 11, 2007, 07:53 AM
1) Therefore its pointless to argue about that to and forth, because its not going to happen I am sure about that.........

2) Basically now only slot #7 is open in the Bangladeshi lineup.

3) btw, when last time Ash win a game for us? That was close to 2 years ago. A reference of two years ago in a cricketer's career and trying to compare with his current form is like referencing an incident when the British was ruling the Indian sub-continent with present day, its that much absurd.

1) That's is the reason why we SHOULD argue. It's a mistake if it's not going to happen. If we just sit here and let selectors do whatever they want and say "it's really pointless to talk about their selection because nothing is gonna change"...we might as well close down Banglacricket.

2)according to your losing line up. But 2, 4, 5, 6 all are open

3) You sound like Bangladesh wins everyday. It is very important to keep in mind the opposition you are talking about. Non-test playing + Zimbabwe does not count here. we only get to play one such team in WC. We DO have to talk about the only credible win we had.....regardless of how old it was. And ashraful's form isn't really on season based....

I think you should just stick to your funny impromptus that make you look smart... your logic is really disappointing here.

Playing Ash at 7 is just wasting a player....he is not a bowler.

Mridul
February 11, 2007, 08:40 AM
ashraful didnt have a decent performance for bangladesh in almost 2 yrs.

One question shaoun bhai, how many BD batsmen scored back to back half centuries against a stonger test nation last year?

akabir77
February 11, 2007, 09:40 AM
We have to cary ashfooll to WC like it or not. and seletors should make him tense free for the WC by telling not worry about his place. Its just three games but if he clicks in one game then we r in business....

Fazal
February 11, 2007, 10:19 AM
1) That's is the reason why we SHOULD argue. It's a mistake if it's not going to happen. If we just sit here and let selectors do whatever they want and say "it's really pointless to talk about their selection because nothing is gonna change"...we might as well close down Banglacricket.

But unfortunately (for few die hard Ash fans) lots of people in this forum (including myself) thinks that that selectors are doing the right thing. Enough free lunch for two years. If Ash have to play higher ups in the line up... he ( and th Ash fans) should rather concentrate that he produce first (from whatever position he is getting opportunity) rather than whine about why his not in #2,#3 or #4. Let him first start producing some runs again in whatever limited opportunity that he gets. In 2nd ODi he had the opportunity to show us he is back,,, but what he did? Just check the score card.

2)according to your losing line up. But 2, 4, 5, 6 all are open

Yes they are open.... but not for Ash (with his current form). Its open for other players. Presently playing Ash #2, #3 or #4 is out of question. Playing #5 is currently out of reach for Ash unless he shows some dramatic result with very few reaming warm-up matches playing at #6 or #7.Ash is slowly loosing the #6 slot also, just follow the current series. And #7 slot is mainly for bowling allrounder. So welcome back to reality.... just because 2, 4, 5 all open doesn't mean its open for Ash.

3) You sound like Bangladesh wins everyday. It is very important to keep in mind the opposition you are talking about. Non-test playing + Zimbabwe does not count here. we only get to play one such team in WC. We DO have to talk about the only credible win we had.....regardless of how old it was. And ashraful's form isn't really on season based....

I didn't said anywhere Bangladesh wins everyday . Moreover We all know the difference ZIM's strength versus India SL's strength. Nowhere I have said that these new players are sure shot winners against India and Sri-Lanks. These younger players have yet to prove that they can produce against stronger teams. But on the other hand you cannot automatically brand them a sure failure even before they really failed against them. On the other hand when a players like Ash failed against even against weaker teams for two years... and then you say "ashraful's form isn't really on season based" thats basically says you have basically no clue what you are talking about.

I think you should just stick to your funny impromptus that make you look smart... your logic is really disappointing here.
And i think you should stick to 'Forget Cricket' only. Your disparate attempt with no logic looks like someone is starting worshiping Ash now a days.

Playing Ash at 7 is just wasting a player....he is not a bowler.
True. And welcome to the reality. His window of opportunity is closing quickly than some of you realizes. Actually with his current form: including Ash is a wasting of a batting slot for the team. Pretty soon he will be out of the team... unless he can produce some runs with very little opportunity that he will get....

See here is the difference: you are thinking "Player first team second" and the rest of us are thinking "team first player second", be it Ash, Tushar, Rana, Mehrab, Bashar, Pilot etc. who ever they are.

Tigers_eye
February 11, 2007, 04:20 PM
Pola pain rey agey bolsilam Ash rey 4th match khelaitey. Buddhi nai. Jao eibar ash'ray WC'a niya bash khao. Be prepared for 40 ball 15 runs against Ind and SL.

roc
February 11, 2007, 04:34 PM
You are wrong dude....check the facts first before bragging about Ash's quality (without little quantity to show for) ....after playing 82 ODI the ave is still 20.36.

Tushar's career is going to the drain and so is Ash's. In the mean time people like Farhad, Nadif , Sadat, Rana is just waiting in the wings for a chance or second chance. In that aspect both Tushar and Ash are in the same side, just going in the wrong direction
name one player currently playing for Bangladesh who has 30 avg after 50 odis. if you think like that then the entire Bangladesh squad shd be dropped with Ashraful.:)

JamesBond
February 11, 2007, 05:17 PM
I think we have enough ppl to do his job. We dont need him in the ODI team but he is definitely good for TEST squad.
Just go to http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/STATS/BDESH/ODI_AVS_BAT_BDESH.html
And decide if we still need him or not. Compare his Average even with bowlers with more matches. He is a total waste.

akabir77
February 11, 2007, 06:05 PM
listen bro there is only one player that keep the other team wake in the night for that reason we have to keep him in the final 11

Farhad
February 11, 2007, 06:36 PM
Lemme put in some stats.........

Ashrafuls performance for last year only

29 matches total
6 scores over 30
3 fifties
Highest 67*
Avg 23.57 (22 out of 29 matches against minnows)

Ashrafuls performance -last two years

38 matches total
10 scores over 30
5 fifties
1 hundred
Highest 100
Avg 26.3 (22 out of 38 matches played against minnows)

Ashrafuls performance - last three years

62 matches total
17 scores over 30
7 fifties
1 hundred
Highest 100
Avg 23.5 (31 out of 62 matches played against minnows)

Ill stay out of the discussion for now :)....

Orpheus
February 11, 2007, 07:40 PM
Fazal there is no point in arguing with you as it will never penetrate that thick...

I already told you to argue in relation to World Cup. Since you admitted new players aren't tested against established teams, they should be given chances... But it doesn't hold for World Cup. World cup is for tested players only..... And from all the Bangladeshi players, only Ashraful was able to rise up... regardless of how rare..

you can argue all you want after WC.

par your suggestion, I will only follow your post in Forget Cricket ... because it seems you hardly understand cricket. When was the last time you actually watched a match? Or do you only look at numbers Rubu makes up.?

Orpheus
February 11, 2007, 07:49 PM
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=18707

apparently there is some sanity in this forum. Would have been 100% for Ash had there not been some Fazils amongs us.

DotBall
February 11, 2007, 08:20 PM

I beg to differ......
Here is the stat of Ash's performance.....

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 246pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=327 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" width=64><COL style="WIDTH: 43pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2084" width=57><COL style="WIDTH: 31pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1499" width=41><COL style="WIDTH: 39pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1901" width=52><COL style="WIDTH: 25pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1206" width=33><COL style="WIDTH: 28pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1353" width=37><COL style="WIDTH: 32pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1572" width=43><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" width=64 height=17>Opponent</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; WIDTH: 43pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" width=57>Matches</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; WIDTH: 31pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" width=41>Runs</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; WIDTH: 39pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" width=52>Not Out</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; WIDTH: 25pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" width=33>50's</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; WIDTH: 28pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" width=37>100's</TD><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; WIDTH: 32pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" width=43>Avg</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Aus</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>6</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>187</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>0</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>1</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>1</TD><TD class=xl33 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: red" x:num="31.166666666666668">31.2</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Eng</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>3</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>94</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>0</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>1</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>0</TD><TD class=xl28 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num="31.333333333333332">31.3</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>SA</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>4</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>75</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>0</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>1</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>0</TD><TD class=xl28 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num="18.75">18.8</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Ind</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>6</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>109</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>0</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>0</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>0</TD><TD class=xl35 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff99" x:num="18.166666666666668">18.2</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Pak</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>5</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>15</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>0</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>0</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>0</TD><TD class=xl28 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>3.0</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>SL</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>12</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>288</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>0</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>3</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>0</TD><TD class=xl34 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ff9900" x:num>24.0</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>WI</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>9</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>114</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>1</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>0</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>0</TD><TD class=xl37 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc" x:num="12.666666666666666">12.7</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>NZ</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>5</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>89</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>0</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>1</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>0</TD><TD class=xl28 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>17.8</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Zim</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>25</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>405</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>2</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>5</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>0</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffcc00" x:num="19.285714285714285">19.3</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Ken</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>8</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>121</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>1</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>2</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>0</TD><TD class=xl36 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: lime" x:num="17.285714285714285">17.3</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Sco</TD><TD class=xl29 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>2</TD><TD class=xl29 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>42</TD><TD class=xl29 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>2</TD><TD class=xl29 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>0</TD><TD class=xl29 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>0</TD><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>21.0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Criteria: 100 runs or more against an opponent
(He scrored 0 94 0 against Eng)

Highest (in red) to lowest (light green) highlighted. "DNB" was not counted.

His best performances are against the opponents of Aus, SL and Zim. He can not afford to pick and chose what teams he plays better. He is simply over rated and should be give his proper reward (axed) until he proves us wrong.

SMHasan
February 11, 2007, 09:00 PM

Those who want Ashraful's head, please name one viable alternative who can produce better except Tushar/Alok/JO who are proven loser and worse than Ashraful in any day.

I will be happy to take a match winner into the squad when we need to win on of the two big matches of World Cup to keep ourselves alive.

Some members have already allotted Ashraful no #7 slot and making imaginary fight for that place with others. Ashraful played only once at no 7 and that does not make him a no 7 place contender. He is a flexible choice for any position between 3-7 depending on match situation.

I admit his form and confidence is running low and team management should sit with him (if reqd. with psychologist) as we all know what he can produce with his willow.

Final word, whatever we say, Ashraful is going to WC and he will probably in the playing XI for the first match.

Well said Miraz bhai.

World Cup is not for testing, it's a battle. According to some people players like Saqib, Nadif, Tamim are the solution but remmeber they have not faced a quality bowling attack consistantly. They need time to adjust and Ash is definitely our hope for a miracle. If he clicks then thats it the game might be on.

We know he can do lot of things and if someone tells me to take Ash and win one of the two big matches then I will take him. We need to have patience. These young players are not tested yet so just don't be that optimistic about them. One or two innings against a minnow does not give the ticket of 'trust'.

BD Tigers
February 11, 2007, 09:50 PM
Thank God that Ash doesnt come to this site. Either he will be estatic to see that so many people talk about him or kill himself to see so many people hate him.

shovon13
February 12, 2007, 02:37 AM
Lemme put in some stats.........

Ashrafuls performance for last year only

29 matches total
6 scores over 30
3 fifties
Highest 67*
Avg 23.57 (22 out of 29 matches against minnows)

Ashrafuls performance -last two years

38 matches total
10 scores over 30
5 fifties
1 hundred
Highest 100
Avg 26.3 (22 out of 38 matches played against minnows)

Ashrafuls performance - last three years

62 matches total
17 scores over 30
7 fifties
1 hundred
Highest 100
Avg 23.5 (31 out of 62 matches played against minnows)

Ill stay out of the discussion for now :)....

i want to point out one thing here...

in the year before last year, ash played in 9 matches (all against countries ranked 1 through 8), scored 2 fifties and a hundred, and averaged around 35. ashraful is more likely to perform when either the stage or (inclusive) the opponent are big. in the natwest series (took place in the year before last year), when the whole world was watching since australia and england were playing in it right before the ashes, he averaged 43 in 6 matches. we remember his century in his test debut, which is always a big stage for a player.

orpheus mentioned if tushar performs in a match (chances are about the same as that of ashraful performing), he'll only be decreasing the margin of defeat by 30 odd runs, or a wicket maybe. if ashraful performs, in a big stage like the world cup, playing india and srilanka (both big in bangladesh), who he has performed against before, we have a better chance of getting that big win. may i add, he hasn't gotten a big score for a while. the moon is looking real thin.

the situation isn't that all of our hopes are on ashraful only. we have a few players on our team who has played match winning roles against big opponents. nafees, aftab, bashar, mashrafe, rafique all fall in that category. ash happens to be one of them.

SMHasan
February 12, 2007, 01:14 PM
i want to point out one thing here...

in the year before last year, ash played in 9 matches (all against countries ranked 1 through 8), scored 2 fifties and a hundred, and averaged around 35. ashraful is more likely to perform when either the stage or (inclusive) the opponent are big. in the natwest series (took place in the year before last year), when the whole world was watching since australia and england were playing in it right before the ashes, he averaged 43 in 6 matches. we remember his century in his test debut, which is always a big stage for a player.

orpheus mentioned if tushar performs in a match (chances are about the same as that of ashraful performing), he'll only be decreasing the margin of defeat by 30 odd runs, or a wicket maybe. if ashraful performs, in a big stage like the world cup, playing india and srilanka (both big in bangladesh), who he has performed against before, we have a better chance of getting that big win. may i add, he hasn't gotten a big score for a while. the moon is looking real thin.

the situation isn't that all of our hopes are on ashraful only. we have a few players on our team who has played match winning roles against big opponents. nafees, aftab, bashar, mashrafe, rafique all fall in that category. ash happens to be one of them.

Very very good words. Exactly what I try to say.

babubangla
February 12, 2007, 03:52 PM
Ashraful is not performing for a long time now.
This is, in fact, good news!!
May be it's time for another BIG BANG!!
I hope the BIG BANG does not come in the WC practice matches.
I won't mind if he goes into his usual hibernation state, but only after producing a magical innings on March 17th or March 21st.

We must do the gamble with Ashraful, just as India doing the same with off-form Shewag.

Tigers_eye
February 12, 2007, 04:08 PM

Sharif and Forhad. Heck I would take Taposh even. why bring JO to this topic? Do you want Ash to open again???

I can't remember Ash winning any matches by himself in recent time except for the rainhill club. Riding on two year back stats will only hurt the current team.

Because we have a better replacement for every position from 3 to 6.

Been there done that. There is no magic pill, trust me to put some sense in that head.

That is my fear. Rather than performance we rely on potential. Spineless selectors.

TheWatcher
February 12, 2007, 04:41 PM
Yeah, this logic will keep Ashraful in the squad, but can't ensure his place in the playing eleven.

If we want to go forward, this is high time our team start believing in team performence instead of hoping for an individual miracle matches after matches.

You gotta be kidding, Ash, for the most of the time, either blast or block. Only time I saw him playing situational innings was during the home series against SL, but that was only one time. He definately does not fit #6/#7 slot. As I already said in other threads, I will be much happier to see Reza in this position.

sadi
February 12, 2007, 04:45 PM
Having Ashraful in the eleven is like having a lottery ticket in your hand. Maybe you've won before but usually these tickets don't get you anything. Ofcourse, if you win again you will be a lot richer. But lets look at the probability. Whoever is defending Ash saying he only likes to play the big guns. Stop kidding yourself. Noone wants to play bad. Noone likes failure. Not even stupid ones like Ashraful. He just can't do it right now. You gotta take some actions to move forward. You can't just depend on a hit or miss guy hoping he repeats a performance from two years back. We are better than that.

Tigers_eye
February 12, 2007, 04:52 PM
We were truely awed by Ash's performance in the Australia hunting. We all want him to fire in all four cylinders. But right now his confidence is so low that he can't even fire against Zim.
A great deal of blame should fall on the selectors. They should have left him of the team long time back and he would have got the message by now and may be come back with avengence.

All I can say for the sake of the team if he plays against India I will support him but I can't support the selectors move of including him in the 15. Including him in the 11 makes Bd fight with 10 men against 11. Forhad, Sharif or Taposh can offer much better than the current non-performing Ash.

Murad
February 12, 2007, 05:38 PM
guys... for the last time give him a chance.. at least till world cup.. after that you can drop him from the national team if he performs bad there.... but we must need him there..

Miraz
February 12, 2007, 06:23 PM
TheWatcher and Tigers_eye, I will answer first part of your posts after declaration of WC squad tomorrow and the second part after the playing XI is declared for the match against India on 17th March 2007. :)

Have some patience :)

SMHasan
February 12, 2007, 08:26 PM
Hmm. Ash bashing continues I see. Ash , you need to play well in the WC to shut these critics mouth. Seems like we got lots of match winners to replace Ash. Good good very good.

pial
February 12, 2007, 08:40 PM
Ashraful is not performing for a long time now.
This is, in fact, good news!!
May be it's time for another BIG BANG!!
I won't mind if he goes into his usual hibernation state, but only after producing a magical innings on March 17th or March 21st.

We must do the gamble with Ashraful, just as India doing the same with off-form Shewag.

Agree 1000% with you, that's my feelings too.

cricman
February 13, 2007, 12:37 AM
Ash is gonna do something ridiculous in the WC, I just have that feeling the Ash Bashing needs to reach an All time High for him to perform in the WC and it's getting pretty close right now. After He does something in the WC, Me along with 1/2 of BC will say I told you so( Hopefully for my sake and the Teams sake) and the will make you wonder why can't he do this more often.

BTW: No More Tushar Imran Please! If u told Ash u have 1 innings to prove your self he'd score a Golla type 50, this guy will never score above 30! Mind you 10!

BD-Shardul
February 13, 2007, 12:42 AM

Babu Bhai, I have exactly the same fear. So, he should not be in the final XI when we play the warm up or practice matches.

cricman
February 13, 2007, 12:44 AM
He produces 2/3 Big Bangs per tour now see Natwest series/SL Series/IND Series, if he can get a 50 vs NZ or Scot he might be Ready for SL and IND because once he gets his eye locked there really isn't a Batsmen in the Country who can match him. You wonder why Ash gets picked so much he's got this annoying Habit of going 20,12,34,15 46,26,0,11,32,12,0,0,37 but he manages to sprinkle in a 158*,136,114,100,94 from time to time.

Take a chance with Ash his our Wild Card if he clicks well you know what happens I'm pretty Sure Gangu and Tendu will give him a talk giving him very bad advice and then he'll blow it up on India's face :)

reyme
February 13, 2007, 06:02 PM
Ashraful's success rate is 5%, and the chance to upset SL/IND is also 5%. It is actually true that Ash does has some supersonic capability to turn things around. But that just happens once in 3 years.

HereWeGo
February 13, 2007, 06:24 PM
Hate to say this but can we Axe JO instead of Ash..... How is he back in the team...

Murad
February 14, 2007, 01:02 AM
Hes Back Cuz...he Was Doing Well In The Ncl....

ottawaGuy
February 14, 2007, 02:07 AM
Wow.. I'd been to all the other forums wondering how there are so few posts!Then I come here & what do i find? three pages of ash bashing :D

wether ash scores 0 or 100, one thing is for certain: he's our star- all of us are more concerned with what goes on with Ash then the rest of the team combined. I say we keep the lad in the XI to promote publicity.

As for the curious one's- yes i'm an ash fan too! statistics can never exhibit the authority with which he steps up to the pitch. More than that i would say he's a true representative of bangladesh(not just the team). "chikna";"pichki"(perhaps malnurtitioned);youthful; underacheived; daring and certainly not the least bit incapable- not so much as the others.

shamz
February 14, 2007, 03:40 PM
everyone is stupid
why do u guys dont think that ashraful gives money to the board to keep him.
beacuse why is mehrab dropped, why aint ash dropped for bd. because mehrab plays not give money to the board thats why they got him off. but they dont want ash to go they want the money from him.

AsifTheManRahman
February 14, 2007, 05:07 PM
everyone is stupid
why do u guys dont think that ashraful gives money to the board to keep him.
beacuse why is mehrab dropped, why aint ash dropped for bd. because mehrab plays not give money to the board thats why they got him off. but they dont want ash to go they want the money from him.

what do you know. at least he's taking a break from opening polls and engaging himself in some discussions. i guess this is what the world cup fever does to you :)

RazabQ
February 14, 2007, 06:09 PM
yes i'm an ash fan too! statistics can never exhibit the authority with which he steps up to the pitch. More than that i would say he's a true representative of bangladesh(not just the team). "chikna";"pichki"(perhaps malnurtitioned);youthful; underacheived; daring and certainly not the least bit incapable- not so much as the others.Best explanation of the Ash allure ever! You said it man! Don't forget "not yest master of his emotions" :)

imahmud
February 14, 2007, 10:05 PM
I made a post yesterday countering this topic, just another prospective. I hope no one will mind as I am pasting that post here and I believe it is appropriate. I hope People will read it so that they can look at this from different prospective, just to be fair. Thank you.

:flag:
I have waited for a while before this writing as I’ve been watching people nagging and crying about Ashraful’s or Tamim’s (he should be sacked etc.) and other’s inclusion in the Zimbabwe tour or even recent world cup selection. Ok, if we let these people select a team with all our consistently performing players, what type of result would you expect? Think about it. We will be playing against team like India</ST1:p and Srilanka, who are in tremendous form lately. With this high profile superstar-consisting team, <ST1:p</ST1:pat best, our achievement would be a graceful defeat and a win against <ST1:pBermuda</ST1:p. No doubt, that would what everyone will expect with this kind of team. With this characteristics (consistent players only) of a team, that would be the best our selection committee and these people could hope, which is hopeless. I would not expect our selection committee would do that. I would have agreed with this kind of team selection if it is for any other one day type tournament but not for World Cup. I can not imagine that our team competing in the world cup without hope, without any hope to go to the next round and cause few surprises or may be the ultimate. We all have hope and dream and we would like to keep that hope of fire alive. Hope is a beautiful think. It keeps you alive and we would like to keep our dream alive. Wouldn’t you?
<O:p</O:p
It was not long ago (1996) when low favorite Srilanka surprised the cricket world and became the world champion. I believe Dave Whatmore definitively gambled on that occasion. When it was a tradition to plan to face first 5 to 10 overs very cautiously and then slowly pile up runs in one day cricket but Dave gambled and Srilanka showed the world how to start the one day cricket and rest was history. Yes, Dave gambled because he wanted to keep the hope alive and he had a hope. Hope is a beautiful thing. And I salute our selection committee and Dave not giving up that hope by NOT selecting a team with only our consistent performers (you know what I mean), a hopeless expectation. I congratulate them for taking the challenge. I congratulate them despite probable heavy criticism and pressure, showing the guts and for giving us hope by selecting a team which is completely capable of beating any team in the world on their day, just like Srilanka. I see a parallel. Hope is a beautiful thing. If we loose, I’ll rather loose supporting a team with some hope, not any other way. Would you not? <!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

SMHasan
February 14, 2007, 10:16 PM
I made a post yesterday countering this topic, just another prospective. I hope no one will mind as I am pasting that post here and I believe it is appropriate. I hope People will read it so that they can look at this from different prospective, just to be fair. Thank you.

:flag:
I have waited for a while before this writing as I’ve been watching people nagging and crying about Ashraful’s or Tamim’s (he should be sacked etc.) and other’s inclusion in the Zimbabwe tour or even recent world cup selection. Ok, if we let these people select a team with all our consistently performing players, what type of result would you expect? Think about it. We will be playing against team like India:p and Srilanka, who are in tremendous form lately. With this high profile superstar-consisting team, <st1>:p</st1>:pat best, our achievement would be a graceful defeat and a win against <st1>:pBermuda</st1>:p. No doubt, that would what everyone will expect with this kind of team. With this characteristics (consistent players only) of a team, that would be the best our selection committee and these people could hope, which is hopeless. I would not expect our selection committee would do that. I would have agreed with this kind of team selection if it is for any other one day type tournament but not for World Cup. I can not imagine that our team competing in the world cup without hope, without any hope to go to the next round and cause few surprises or may be the ultimate. We all have hope and dream and we would like to keep that hope of fire alive. Hope is a beautiful think. It keeps you alive and we would like to keep our dream alive. Wouldn’t you?
<o>:p</o>:p
It was not long ago (1996) when low favorite Srilanka surprised the cricket world and became the world champion. I believe Dave Whatmore definitively gambled on that occasion. When it was a tradition to plan to face first 5 to 10 overs very cautiously and then slowly pile up runs in one day cricket but Dave gambled and Srilanka showed the world how to start the one day cricket and rest was history. Yes, Dave gambled because he wanted to keep the hope alive and he had a hope. Hope is a beautiful thing. And I salute our selection committee and Dave not giving up that hope by NOT selecting a team with only our consistent performers (you know what I mean), a hopeless expectation. I congratulate them for taking the challenge. I congratulate them despite probable heavy criticism and pressure, showing the guts and for giving us hope by selecting a team which is completely capable of beating any team in the world on their day, just like Srilanka. I see a parallel. Hope is a beautiful thing. If we loose, I’ll rather loose supporting a team with some hope, not any other way. Would you not? <!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

In fact hope is one the most beautiful thing in this world. Well said.