PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Sharif ???

TheWatcher
February 9, 2007, 04:58 PM
He had some kind of injury before the team left the country for Zimbabwe, was out of consideration for the second match with a hand injury, now he is out again with thigh strain (TigerCricket (http://tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=273)). Does he have necessary fitness for international cricket or just wasting a valuable slot in the squad ? I am really concerned.

Miraz
February 9, 2007, 05:03 PM
Syed Rasel should be in the squad. Sharif should play with A teams to prove his fitness and form.

Simple.

Tigers_eye
February 9, 2007, 05:19 PM
I don't know with the way things are going I can't decide who is the third. Shahadat-Rasel is weak in batting. Don't have full confidense in Taposh-Forhad as a bowler. Can we revive Aftab's five overs?

Sharif is out of the world cup for sure.

TheWatcher
February 9, 2007, 05:30 PM
Disappointed is to say the least. Paul Close probably should have given Sharif a fitness test tougher than just bowling ten overs.

Hopefully the selectors won't be silly enough to bring Dollar in the team now. Just take Rasel back.

Tehsin
February 9, 2007, 09:26 PM
At 5'6, he may not have enough arsenal to trouble international cricketers. :)

We had a good team going against the weaker sides, this series was the wrong time to break that group and try out new and old players. The results against Zimbabwe are truly discouraging.

akabir77
February 9, 2007, 09:35 PM
Dav liked what he saw today so he is not taking any chance with sharif. He will be in WC team. This injurey not serious.. I hope.

ialbd
February 9, 2007, 09:43 PM
Sharif in the WC squad ?? dont know what the selectors are thinking...

but I think they are somewhat looking for bowlers who can hold the bat tight. I wish we could infuse Forhad's batting abilities (whatever he has) in Rasel - what an asset we could have had..... ha hoise ar ghumay kaj nai......

cricket_pagol
February 9, 2007, 10:45 PM
Forhad is such a useful batsmen lower down the order. He batted very sensibly and consistently in the ODI's he played. I guess his performance in the domestic circuit this has not been upto the mark. I really hope that he works on his bowling and take the all rounder slot in our team.

Ejaj
February 9, 2007, 11:16 PM
First of all, why Sharif and Taposh are brought back to squad just before the WC?. Rasel and Rajib should have been selected in place of these two. Never liked them. They never looked any international standard material. If the selectors wanted some new guy, Shafaq or Shahzada should have been tried in place of these two. WHy looking back???