PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't the ICC let Bangaldesh visit Australia

mamunr
February 9, 2007, 08:45 PM
I live in Sydney, Australia, and may never get to see my beloved Tigers play. I hate it how the ICC give us no respect. In 2003, when Bangladesh was scheduled to tour Australia they played matches in Darwin and Cairns. In 2008 they are scheduled to do the same in those same small cities. There is a huge Bengali community here (in Sydney) and they are going to be disappointed once again.

Most of you out there don't know where on earth Darwin and Cairns is. Well to put it on a scale you'd understand, if Dhaka was Sydney and Chittagong was Melbourne, then Rangpur is Darwin and Comilla is Cairns (maybe even smaller, nobody lives there). Its simply not fair. I hope the ICC and Cricket Australia reconsider.

rah
February 10, 2007, 07:44 AM
i feek it for my bengie brothers in australia

nightwatchman
February 10, 2007, 01:24 PM
it is cricket australia not icc choose venues..I assume
Anyways Aus is afraid of all the Bengies supporting Bang in their own ground..
lol
so show your support and travel to comilla for our team...

Spitfire_x86
February 10, 2007, 02:18 PM
At least they give us a series unlike India.

IIRC, Srilanka and Zimbabwe had to wait quite some time before they could tour Australia for a test series. Thanks to ICC's FTP, we got to play in Australia within few years after getting test status.

Kabir
February 10, 2007, 02:46 PM
To me, venue doesn't matter when one of the best test playing nation invites Bangladesh for a series. But as Spitty mentioned, Aussies are better than India.

So Mamun bhai, please try to get to stadium to watch the matches. And send us some nice pics :)

karimjay.
February 10, 2007, 03:16 PM
I have the same sentiments mamunr. Why can't they come for a CB series or something..

brikonwall
February 10, 2007, 03:35 PM
Aren't you guys kind of over ambitious? I mean, we can barely beat Zimbos. We just should be happy that Australia is/will be hosting us. Even if we can play against then in their "goli", I'd be happy.

shujan
February 10, 2007, 06:24 PM
Aren't you guys kind of over ambitious? I mean, we can barely beat Zimbos. We just should be happy that Australia is/will be hosting us. Even if we can play against then in their "goli", I'd be happy.

We beat Zimbos 9 out of 10 times. We beat australia as well in ODI Ashraful scoring 100.

cricketboy
February 10, 2007, 07:04 PM
They reserve the best grounds for the best teams and just to spread cricket throughout the country they play Bangladesh in other areas.

IanW
February 10, 2007, 11:28 PM
I believe that, in any given spare 2 month period, Bangladesh should tour Australia anyway.

Bangladesh vs Country Victoria in Wangaratta ? Bring it.

Bangladesh vs Steve Waugh's XI at a suburban ground in Bankstown ? Yes please (and my gut says you'd get Indian pay-TV money for that one)

Bangladesh vs Tasmania at Launceston ? Absolutely.

Tour, and play. Beat state sides. Smash regional sides. Have Enamaul Haque sit down with Bob Holland in a pub in Newcastle, and talk about bowling. Convince Sutherland that they should hire Shahadat for a season. And so on.

Get out there and show the ACB that Bangladesh are worthy opponents.

Ian Whitchurch

karimjay.
February 11, 2007, 03:23 AM
Haha. Yeah from what I've heard Sutherland need some quality bowlers.

I just remembered something. Have any of you guys noticed how stuart clark walks? It's freakin' bizarre.

Tigers_eye
February 12, 2007, 10:14 AM
mamunr and all Sydney Bangladeshis who are complaining,
You can have a blast if you go for a pictic, tourism will help and darwin people will gladly accept you as gracious hosts. All I ask, when they (BD cricket team) get blasted out of the park, don't come here and show your frustration ask for heads. You should be lucky just to know we have the test status.

wang
February 14, 2007, 11:33 PM
The only reason Bangladesh are made to play in Darwin and Cairns is because Cricket Australia would lose money if they were to play during the summer as they arent big enough drawcard. The West Indies struggle to get people through gates these days, hence them now only playing 3 match test series in Australia.