PDA

View Full Version : This performance just before the WC!

SMHasan
February 9, 2007, 11:01 PM
I am totally not happy with this amature performance just before the world cup. We played some pathetic cricket in last two games.

In the 3rd match we were 136/3 and sudenly we were reduced to 149/6. Well collapse does happen but against this Zimbabwian side? Match after match our batting lineup is proving how fragile it is.

Mushfiqur Rahim made some valuable runs it's true and it was really a huge contribution towards the victory. But the question is why we are doing so many experiments? Shouldn't we sit down and play a regular eleven and find a proper combination? Does anyone think that Mushfiqur will be solution to this middle order debacle? It is important to have a stable batting order then one can set up some personal goals and succeed accroding to that.

People might say I am mourning too much without celebrating, but is it the time to celebrate? Celebrate a hard fought win against this 3rd string Zimbabwe?

Realisticallly I am thinking about the games against India, SriLanka in the WC not against this Zimbabwian team. If we can't stand up against them then what's the prospect against the likes of Vaas, Malinga? If we would have been playing against the original Zimbabwe team then what would happen? Have we progressed at all? Oh well we have made some progression but these are minor.

But after all of this I have hope and like everyone else I believe that we can beat anyone and there is a chance to go to the second round of the WC if we play some excelent cricket. And we got some excellent cricketers.

Please share your thoughts comparing a win against this Zimbabwe side and the pre 2004 Zimbabwe side.

cricket_king
February 9, 2007, 11:46 PM
Yesterdays match held many positives as well as negatives. Although i was once again disappointed with our indisciplined batting performance, i was very much impressed with the bowling and fielding performance. In the latter stages, we fielded brilliantly and the bowling was also pretty good. Bashar's captaincy was, IMO, great in that match and i hope he can continue that into the world cup.

Kabir
February 10, 2007, 12:00 AM
Well, I think it's just the perspective you look at it from. There's no law in any sport that the better team will ONLY have to win everytime they play a weaker team. If South Africa loses against Pakistan doesn't mean it's an upset simply because Pakistan ranks lower than South Africa. This kind of mentality should be used in our case too...lets not use double standards.

What I'm trying to get at is, if we beat Zimbabwe 8 times in a row, that doesn't mean we've got the ticket to beat them everytime. And the fact that we rank just one spot higher than Zimbabwe doesn't mean a loss against Zimbabwe is an upset. Lets face it bro...it's all part of the game.

Having said all that, we also should remember that every team doesn't perform the same everyday. Our team does make decent runs against strong opponents too...but everyday is a different story. South Africa, who scored 400+ runs in the famous ODI that they won against Australia while chasing 400+ target, was also bowled out for less than 200 several times. It's only a different day...and things didn't click well. That's all about it!!!

And it's probably worth mentioning that, the WC matches may be just those kinds of clicks that we're looking for. May be it will click, may be it won't. All we can do is, hope and pray that it does click!

shovon13
February 10, 2007, 12:10 AM
i thought this match, and the series as well is turning out to be perfect for our world cup preparations.

Farhad
February 10, 2007, 12:37 AM
But the question is why we are doing so many experiments? Shouldn't we sit down and play a regular eleven and find a proper combination?

That is the question i guess......But if you'd look at the other teams, they're experimenting just as much, if not more. This is the time many of the teams find out who to choose for the main playing 11 in the WC.......I do agree with you though, 3 new people all in one match is kind of a shock. By "new people" i mean people who havent played in the side recently.

kalpurush
February 10, 2007, 01:40 AM
Well, I think it's just the perspective you look at it from. There's no law in any sport that the better team will ONLY have to win everytime they play a weaker team. If South Africa loses against Pakistan doesn't mean it's an upset simply because Pakistan ranks lower than South Africa. This kind of mentality should be used in our case too...lets not use double standards.

What I'm trying to get at is, if we beat Zimbabwe 8 times in a row, that doesn't mean we've got the ticket to beat them everytime. And the fact that we rank just one spot higher than Zimbabwe doesn't mean a loss against Zimbabwe is an upset. Lets face it bro...it's all part of the game.

Having said all that, we also should remember that every team doesn't perform the same everyday. Our team does make decent runs against strong opponents too...but everyday is a different story. South Africa, who scored 400+ runs in the famous ODI that they won against Australia while chasing 400+ target, was also bowled out for less than 200 several times. It's only a different day...and things didn't click well. That's all about it!!!

And it's probably worth mentioning that, the WC matches may be just those kinds of clicks that we're looking for. May be it will click, may be it won't. All we can do is, hope and pray that it does click!

ditto:up:

Imteaz
February 10, 2007, 02:00 AM
Bangladesh Management Still Not Enough Matured for World Cricket. Like

1. When a Player is Introduced in International Level He Needs 10-15 ODI or 5-8 Test to Adjust. It goes for a Batting Position Also. Basically a Player is Selected according to his Performance in Domestic/Youth/or A-Level Cricket. Fact is International Level is Completely Different Arena. You Must Provide Time to Any New Player.

Example: When Ashraful Brought in to the Opening Position, May be it was a Wrong Decission or Right Decission but Please give him Time. Two-Three Match Connot Enough to Prove. In International Level Every Batting Position is Important and Need Different Type of Ability.

2. Our Media is also Not Matured.

Example: When Bangladesh Scored 300+ on the First day against Australia on the First Test, They Expect that Bangladesh will Perform Same on the Second Innings. They should Know, Australia will never allow BGD to win a Test Match. On the first Innings Australian Bowlers were Strugling because They had just Come from SA. The Pitch Condition was Totaly Different. Australians always Adapt with the Situation Quckest in the World. That's Why They are Dominating the World such a long Time.

The Reasons are

1. Still we Do Not Have a Test Playing Selector.
2. Still We Do Not Have a Professional Cricket Historian.

So, We Need Time. If Bangladesh Think that White-Wash Zimbabwe in Home Soil and Even Win the Series against Zimbabwe is a Good Practice for Beating India and Srilanka, I will Say "Don't Dream without Sleeping".

We didn't have any Other Option. All the Test Playing Nationas are Busy. They will never Waste Their Time by Playing with Us. So, We Should Take all The Things Positively and Work More to Face at-least 5 Times Tougher Situation than What We are Facing Now.

Have a Nice Time.

zakirc
February 10, 2007, 02:28 AM
Now we know that National League is not a good substitute for Training camps. Its good that we learnt this now instead of During the WC. Lets hope our team is sent to the hill tracts before the WC for some Aussie style training.

Sovik
February 10, 2007, 04:57 AM
Bangladesh Management Still Not Enough Matured for World Cricket. Like

1. When a Player is Introduced in International Level He Needs 10-15 ODI or 5-8 Test to Adjust. It goes for a Batting Position Also. Basically a Player is Selected according to his Performance in Domestic/Youth/or A-Level Cricket. Fact is International Level is Completely Different Arena. You Must Provide Time to Any New Player.

Example: When Ashraful Brought in to the Opening Position, May be it was a Wrong Decission or Right Decission but Please give him Time. Two-Three Match Connot Enough to Prove. In International Level Every Batting Position is Important and Need Different Type of Ability.

2. Our Media is also Not Matured.

Example: When Bangladesh Scored 300+ on the First day against Australia on the First Test, They Expect that Bangladesh will Perform Same on the Second Innings. They should Know, Australia will never allow BGD to win a Test Match. On the first Innings Australian Bowlers were Strugling because They had just Come from SA. The Pitch Condition was Totaly Different. Australians always Adapt with the Situation Quckest in the World. That's Why They are Dominating the World such a long Time.

The Reasons are

1. Still we Do Not Have a Test Playing Selector.
2. Still We Do Not Have a Professional Cricket Historian.

So, We Need Time. If Bangladesh Think that White-Wash Zimbabwe in Home Soil and Even Win the Series against Zimbabwe is a Good Practice for Beating India and Srilanka, I will Say "Don't Dream without Sleeping".

We didn't have any Other Option. All the Test Playing Nationas are Busy. They will never Waste Their Time by Playing with Us. So, We Should Take all The Things Positively and Work More to Face at-least 5 Times Tougher Situation than What We are Facing Now.

Have a Nice Time.

well said.

afrina
February 10, 2007, 05:27 AM
Bangladesh team become inconsistance while playing in Zimbabwe. It is because we are still new in playing abroad. Today i read in newspaper our players talking about the pitch. Though they won the last match but still they are not happy with the pitch. We need to practice more to white wash even Zimbabwe in their home.

Finally beating Zimbabwe doesn't mean that we can win against India or Sri Lanka in WC. They are much strong team then Zimbabwe. I'll be happy if they can give a shake to them and win against Bermuda.

SMHasan
February 10, 2007, 10:00 PM

Exactly! How many matches did Ash get to cope in the opening position? But people are not happy woth him. If you make any bold decision then you gotta wait and have patience. Thats the key. And now see whats happening Ash is kind of refugee.

My point is if you take him in the team then play him up in the order otherwise kick him out of the team.

Mav
February 11, 2007, 01:06 AM
Tells me that something like the 2nd game against Zimbabwe will happen to us against India and Srilanka.

nsd3
February 11, 2007, 01:33 AM
Yeah it's good to be positive with what we could do given the circumstances. If we can't be realistic we'll suffer mentally thinking we're gonna win against either Ind or SL. Historically we as a nation are sentimental and become easily carried away with sudden burst of moments. It's still a long way to get into the 2nd round in WC, but in ODI anything can happen- so nothing wrong in keeping fingers crossed - but let's do it in a way so that we can remain practical and reasonable.

BD-Shardul
February 11, 2007, 03:18 AM
i thought this match, and the series as well is turning out to be perfect for our world cup preparations.

Absolutely right