PDA

View Full Version : your perceptions after the zimbabwe 07 series

al Furqaan
February 10, 2007, 03:45 PM
what is your perception of our current situation in light of the just concluded zimbabwe series?

warning: any member can see how you voted!!! if you want to remain anonymous, don't vote!

TheWatcher
February 10, 2007, 04:36 PM
I think the answer will depend a lot on playing condition- on seaming pitches we are marginally better than them, on turning tracks we are far better. I picked the middle option- moderately better than them.

billah
February 10, 2007, 04:42 PM
al Furqaan: A good, meaningful poll with well-thought-out questions. Seems you haven't forgotten those statistics classes.:) Thanks.

Orpheus
February 10, 2007, 07:51 PM
Al-Furqan are crazy.

ialbd
February 10, 2007, 08:10 PM
has to be moderate (and thats maybe because of thrashing Zim in BD), other than that it can swing either way in venues like Trinidad......

al Furqaan
February 10, 2007, 08:29 PM
al Furqaan: A good, meaningful poll with well-thought-out questions. Seems you haven't forgotten those statistics classes.:) Thanks.

nopes, i'm in statistics right now...i think i aced the first test, but i got confused with what to put on the x-axis of the ogive chart...

orpheaus bhai, what can i say? i'm more dissappointed in how you voted than the outcome of the series! i expected a less knee jerk rection from a senior member such as yourself.

here's to you being pleasantly surprised in about 5 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!

:flag:

al Furqaan
February 10, 2007, 08:30 PM
has to be moderate (and thats maybe because of thrashing Zim in BD), other than that it can swing either way in venues like Trinidad......

but in a venue like mohali, we creamed em.

Rubu
February 10, 2007, 09:15 PM
A question on the same line but still different:

Here I'm quoting myself from a different thread (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=18609)
tigers have to run for their money in every single match. we will probably still win the series, but reading at most of your post, it seemed to me you guys are over estimating our team and underestimating theirs'.

I'm interested to know, how many of you disagreed with me then, but agree with me now.

Tigers_eye
February 10, 2007, 09:20 PM
Few grades should not weigh anything.
1. Sharif's; How can you judge someone from only one game???
2. And if ash gets a D then Sharif should be a minimum C. (in another thread people are giving an "F", grrrr!
3. There is no other choice but to have Tamim in the openning slot with Rajin/N Iqbal in the 15 member team. I say Drop SN and give those 3 more chances in the warmup matches.
4. We really need Rasel, Forhad badly in the best 11.

al Furqaan
February 10, 2007, 10:30 PM
we need forhad's batting in our XI, but his bowling would not even make the cut for 15

al Furqaan
February 10, 2007, 10:36 PM
I'm interested to know, how many of you disagreed with me then, but agree with me now.

i disagree...

i think its utterly unrealistic to expect bangladesh to whip zimbabwe in their backyard and have that be the minimal marker of sucess.

in other words, a 3-1 victory is a 3-1 victory either way you look at it. true the results might not make us feel too good, but does any BC member think the zimbabwe camp are celebrating this result? i don't.

i don't see any difference in our performance at home (5-0) and this series (3-1). we weren't any better, nor any worse. zimbabwe were better by quite a bit this time around.

further, every team, major or minor struggles on the road. kenya for all their dominance, lost 2 matches to heavy minnows at home, scotland and canada.

winning 10 of our last 11 games against a team, indicates you are quite a bit ahead of them, no?

Miraz
February 11, 2007, 05:42 AM
Well my view--

1. Bangladesh is far better than Zimbabwe in sub-continent wickets
2. Bangladesh is moderately better than Zimbabwe in more sporting wickets.

afrina
February 11, 2007, 07:09 AM
Well my view--

97% agree with Miraz bahi. Actually not only in sporting wickets but also other venues(excluding sub-continent)

Sovik
February 11, 2007, 08:14 AM
our players are better than Zimbabwean players but as a team we are just as bad as them or may be worse.

Tokyobreeze
February 11, 2007, 10:00 AM
our players are better than Zimbabwean players but as a team we are just as bad as them or may be worse.

Perfectly put.Second you completely.

akabir77
February 11, 2007, 10:14 AM
Also people don't take this to their consideration that bd players had to travell so far and then they played the next day and zimbo's left big grass so that its takes twice the strength to run and their was food problem etc...

So that's why you see all the time home side is always better on top who knows whitout the camera the ump did... there were no 3rd ump either...

al Furqaan
February 11, 2007, 12:22 PM

actually, i think you are absolutely correct.

Tigers_eye
February 11, 2007, 04:11 PM
I was in Rubu group before the series. Now I am with the most optimistic group. We are far better than ZIm. Looks like i am the only one who voted.

We have better players.
We have better coaches.
We have better admin.
We have better facilities.
We have better fans.
We have better support from the Govt.
All these 'better' adds up to 'far better'.

Imteaz
February 14, 2007, 03:00 AM
Bangladesh is Moderately Better than Zimbabwe. But Our Target should be Bangladesh is Better than a Test Team.

cricket_king
February 14, 2007, 03:53 AM
Few grades should not weigh anything.
1. Sharif's; How can you judge someone from only one game???
2. And if ash gets a D then Sharif should be a minimum C. (in another thread people are giving an "F", grrrr!
3. There is no other choice but to have Tamim in the openning slot with Rajin/N Iqbal in the 15 member team. I say Drop SN and give those 3 more chances in the warmup matches.
4. We really need Rasel, Forhad badly in the best 11.

Man are u serious? :eek:
Nafees isnt in great form.....he needs as much practice as he can possibly get before the world cup begins. We desperately need him at his best during the world cup.

mhj007
February 14, 2007, 10:39 AM
Well my view--

i am completely agreed with you...i think we r btter team than zim..sometimes far sometimes moderately.:onethephone:
Junior

ZunIAD
February 14, 2007, 10:29 PM
Well said tigers eye. To be honest we are far better than Zimbabwe in batting, bowling and fielding ( when it comes to taking our catches) except their ground fielding is much better. We have batsman who has 100s against australia, srilanka, india, pakistan and ect. We have bowlers good enough to trouble any batsman in the world (thats if they are on their best). My question is does Zimbabwe? Ofcourse not. We are a far better team than Zimbabwe in cricket overall. We have challanged bigger teams at recent times and beaten them. Have Zimbabwe? answer is no. Beating them at home was always gonna be difficult not just because of the condition but the sheer pressure of playing against an oppenent at their home ground and expecting to beat them. Personaly they have done well, looking back at the last series we had was a disaster. Zimbabwe won due to special performances from few of their players, resulting 3-2.
1) The first game was convincing, we won it comfortably.'

2) The second game was a bad decison by Bashar winning the toss and willing to bat in condition which is difficult for batting. I am pretty sure Bashar knew it too but wanted his team to be challanged. I am versy he did this not because the oppenent was Zimbabwe. They were already 1 up in the series and had the self belief to bounce back in the series. The main reason for this decision was the players to feel pressure which i believe is good prepartion for the world cup. Imagine if we had a series just like the 1 we gave them a 5-0 tharshing at home, this would be bad perparations. Players need to feel pressure even from a weak oppenent, this only gonna make us stronger against stronger oppenents. A wake call if that is how you wanna see it.

3) The third game we were unlucky to loose the toss and were told to bat first. We played hard in a difficult conditions and posted a challanging total of 228. Zimbabwe were 202/5 in 45th over, clearly their game. Then again you guys forget our players fielded and bowled brillantly and won us the game. Clearly they put the pressure on Zimbabwe.

4) The fourth game was always gonna be diffucult for Bangladesh. We were cruising at one stage and Zimbabwe put pressure on us (chasing 244 we were 3/176 or something). This shouldnt have happened and it was uproffesional from Bangladesh but I guess the pressure from winning against Zimbabwe at their homeground was difficult and got to us. All credit to Bangladesh to hold on to the nerves.

This is a stepping stone guys, remember back in 2005 at home when the series was we won the series 3-2 and when we played them the 2nd time we gave them a thrashing of 5-0, this to the fact we knew we can beat them at home (Please dont mention Taibu even with him it would be 5-0, Bangladesh was to good for them in a turning track). If we play them at home now guys it will be alot easier knowing that we can beat them at home. Its all about confidence. I am very sure most of yous know this but since the lack of pride and confidence about Bangladesh makes you state negative comments. Remember team needs positive support. There is a differnce between critism and accusations, i guess it can be understand by the tone of the senctence construction, whether its written or said. 3-1 is a good result, remember bashar saying that wasnt gonna be a walk in the park.

Frost
February 15, 2007, 01:07 PM
I voted for moderately better Bangladesh. On their day they can beat us and on our day we can beat them; but on fifty-fifty chance days or on neutral venues we are better these days. Recently, our players pull up some close matches. Also mentally our players are in much better these days.

battye
February 16, 2007, 01:49 AM
I think Bangladesh are marginally better... most were expecting them to win 4-0 and it didn't happen.

CTazim
February 16, 2007, 04:00 AM
Unless the selectors are changed along with the Captain and the Coach, Bangladesh team cannot go to the next level and as such I voted at this time Bangladesh is as bad as Zimbabwe.

BTW.. I agree with the EXCLUSION of PILOT.

BTW.. I disagree with the inclusion of Golla (ZERO).

karimjay.
February 16, 2007, 04:08 AM
Im the opposite..