PDA

View Full Version : defeating india

nafees_thebest
February 12, 2007, 02:40 AM
many of our bc members think that we can defeat india easily..........................i beleive it is impossible...bcoz dravid ,tendu,gangu all r in form.....and these 3 r enough for bd...if dhoni stands..hahha..then gone..n shewag..i cant think of it..they will amke 400..given bds bowling attack.....so guys dont dream unwanted dreams...bcoz last time we lost to kenya and canada.....:flag:

layperson
February 12, 2007, 03:01 AM
Another "thread o manic" !!!!!! Maybe related to shamz bhai.

Your post is so weird, first you diss the bangladesh team comparing it to EEENDIA and then you end your post with the BD flag.:confused: But coming back to fans dreaming of winning against India, they have every reason to because of the two sri lanka and India the latter is the weaker and an easier prey for BD relatively. India is a very strong team on paper but that is all they are and nothing to write home about. Bangladesh has also showed that they have a along way to go in this Zim series but I still think we have a good chance of upsetting India in the WC. Well only time will tell and you just wait and watch.

sufism
February 12, 2007, 03:06 AM
I don recall any1 claiming we could beat india "easily". what most people mean is we stand a chance, given india does not play well on foreign soil.

BD-Shardul
February 12, 2007, 03:25 AM
Believe me or not, India is really afraid of Bangladesh. They know vwey well that we can beat them.

Sam
February 12, 2007, 03:44 AM
Believe me or not, India is really afraid of Bangladesh. They know vwey well that we can beat them.
:) A good one...:-D

cricket_king
February 12, 2007, 04:27 AM
yeah trust me bangladesh has a big chance of upsetting india in the world cup. All they got is a bunch of big names who are, in reality, quite weak mentally and will crack under pressure everytime. :)

karimjay.
February 12, 2007, 04:27 AM
If we do manage to beat india, we have to do it convincingly. India are one of them teams that bounce back hard, so we should be ready for an indian win when Lanka plays them. We have to keep our net RR high too.

kfirooz
February 12, 2007, 04:51 AM
A 99 percent possibility is that India will beat Bangladesh with a huge margin in the WC encounter.
Bangladesh honestly is still not there even to give a close fight, this was amply proven with the way they played against Zimbabwe recently.
Realistically, there is a huge gulf of difference between the qualities of India and Zimbabwean teams and if the struggle was so much against Zimbabwe, then what are the chances with India ?

nafees_thebest
February 12, 2007, 05:00 AM
mr sharyar so watever.....note that i put bd flag bcoz i am bangladeshi n my full support is with bd..ok but i am not unrealistic like u..i live in reality and if bd defeat india it will b a fluke..understand???u better understand ok..

patriot
February 12, 2007, 05:00 AM
India's biggest weakness is their coach.His continuous experimentation's will help India to have hiccups against Bangladesh .

fwullah
February 12, 2007, 05:59 AM
I genuinely wanted to believe that we could beat India in the World Cup, but, the thing is that our first match is vs. IND and our players will be shaky and nervous to play their first ever World Cup match. Only Bashar, Rafique, Ashraful, Mashrafee, Tapash (if selected) should not be nervous, since they've played in a World Cup match before.

nsd3
February 12, 2007, 06:29 AM
Chances vs reality - they are not on the same side. If we want to be positive we take chances. However, if we take reality - that doesn't mean we're negative - rather it means we're reasonable.

Therefore, let's be reasonable and say that on paper chances for BD of beating Ind is about 1%-5%. But why don't we take our chances and set strategies to see if we can make it hard for Ind and who knows that 1%-5% chances might become 100% on a given day.

Imteaz
February 12, 2007, 06:41 AM
I dont Think Still Bangladesh is Capable to Beat India. If Bangladesh Can Beat India, It will be an Upset. but We should be Positive and Try to Play Our Best. If We Can Play Better than India on That Day Only Than We Can Beat Them......Do We have that Ability? Don't Give Up and Play with 100% Affort.

istiak
February 12, 2007, 07:09 AM
May be we got 20-80 chance against Ind. If repeat if their batsmen click 400 is possible against us but getting them out within 240 is not really impossible. Lets see.......

IanW
February 12, 2007, 07:53 AM
The date 26 December 2004 doesnt mean anything to you, does it ?

If bowlers bowl line and length, batsmen take singles and hit the bad ball as they deserves, and fielders take their catches, field smartly and back up, then Bangladesh can put themselves in a position to beat anybody.

Ian Whitchurch

Rabz
February 12, 2007, 08:42 AM

Oh mate, you took the word right out of my mind...

if we can beat them once..
we can beat then again...and again...and again...

hec we beat Aus, SL and paikka too...
i fail to see why we cant beat eeedia again??
after all the game is played in a neutral venue.

India could be right up there in the run to win the cups, but that on papers.

Who on earth on their right minds would have even dreamt that England would win the tri-nations Commonwealth cup here in Australia after taking a spanking in the back at the Ashes and hitting rock bottom on the first half of the odi series??

As they say, cricket is a funny game, but im sure Indians wont be laughing if we can beat them at the wc. No one said it would be easy, but hey, its not impossible.

And to all those panic-button-pushers,
take a hike, or hide under the blanket,

cuz its not for the soft hearted.

Mohiul
February 12, 2007, 08:53 AM
I dont Think Still Bangladesh is Capable to Beat India. If Bangladesh Can Beat India, It will be an Upset. but We should be Positive and Try to Play Our Best. If We Can Play Better than India on That Day Only Than We Can Beat Them......Do We have that Ability? Don't Give Up and Play with 100% Affort.

Hey dude, you are reidiculously under estimating your own team with the bolded line of your statment, aren't you. It's a shame

Lidcombe
February 12, 2007, 08:54 AM
our ASH, MASH, TASH, BASH, NASH & RASH will b enough to SMASH HINDIA....

nmhimal
February 12, 2007, 09:07 AM
i hope we will able to make our day (17th of march, 2007), and i got full trust on our team, we are better then anyone in our day.

Mr-khan
February 12, 2007, 09:16 AM
I have my full faith on our bowlers.The match depends on our batsman.If our batsman dont lose wickets early(if we bowl 1st) or make a good score(if we bat first),its possible to beat them.

Kabir
February 12, 2007, 09:37 AM
Meaningless. Shamz part 2...only that this version isn't as interesting.

On our good day, we can thrash eendia. On our inconsistant day, we'll get thrashed. That's the reality.

Tigers_eye
February 12, 2007, 09:47 AM
nafees_thebest,
Everything was good from a pessimistic point of view. Just the word "easily" was over the board.

layperson
February 12, 2007, 11:58 AM
mr sharyar so watever.....note that i put bd flag bcoz i am bangladeshi n my full support is with bd..ok but i am not unrealistic like u..i live in reality and if bd defeat india it will b a fluke..understand???u better understand ok..

Mr Naphis, I suggest you go back and read my post once again until you understand it. Where in my psot did I sound unrealistic? I said BD has a better chance of winning against INdia relatively compared to sri lanka because INdia is weaker than sri lanka. And bhai what do mean by I better understand ?

al Furqaan
February 12, 2007, 12:18 PM

If bowlers bowl line and length, batsmen take singles and hit the bad ball as they deserves, and fielders take their catches, field smartly and back up, then Bangladesh can put themselves in a position to beat anybody.

Ian Whitchurch

i'll bet the date december 16th 1971 doesn't mean much to him either...(in the sense that 'oh bangladesh can never get independence...')

al Furqaan
February 12, 2007, 12:20 PM
I genuinely wanted to believe that we could beat India in the World Cup, but, the thing is that our first match is vs. IND and our players will be shaky and nervous to play their first ever World Cup match. Only Bashar, Rafique, Ashraful, Mashrafee, Tapash (if selected) should not be nervous, since they've played in a World Cup match before.

well look at guys like, sreesanth, munaf, pathan, powar, uthappa, etc. everyone in a 15 man squad is key, and these guys have never played in a WC.

plus, i'll bet that zaheer is haunted by that opening spell in the 03 final.

bharat
February 12, 2007, 01:36 PM

Dude I dont believe you ...

The only thing that might worry me is that India might be too complacent .That might give an opening to BD ...and cricket is a funny game and anything might happen.

Scared no ...
Complacent yes ...

pagol-chagol
February 12, 2007, 02:02 PM
and India fails to reach second round, the advertisers, the tv right holders and every damn guy with a stake in the world cup will lose a lot money. If I was in that business, I would make sure that my millions are safe.

Spitfire_x86
February 12, 2007, 02:03 PM
To win against a decent team, we need to everything perfectly and they have to play really bad. Needless to say, we can't expect our team to win when things are like this. If we somehow win, it will still be an accident.

We can't expect to win, but we can always hope for a miracle.

Tigers_eye
February 12, 2007, 02:07 PM
If that happens, I will take off for every match Bd plays and watch the matches legally. This is my part on trying to compensate that loss. heck I may buy the whole package of WC.

Sauron
February 12, 2007, 02:17 PM
Spitfire summarized it perfectly.

To those who are saying that Bangladesh is not capable of beating india - BD already did once.

To those saying that India is afraid of Bangladesh - are u nuts??

Statistically, nothing is impossible. It is a matter of probability. Bangladesh does have some probability of beating India on a perfect day.

No one can quantify that probability. But that probability is astronomically smaller than india's probability of beating BD. But it is higher than ZIM's probability of beating India. There.

Anyway, dumb thread. Feeling stupid posting, but still posting (because feeling stupid).

Orpheus
February 12, 2007, 02:21 PM
feeling yourself I guess.

Mridul
February 12, 2007, 02:22 PM
and India fails to reach second round, the advertisers, the tv right holders and every damn guy with a stake in the world cup will lose a lot money. If I was in that business, I would make sure that my millions are safe.

match fixing er gondho pachchhi

nafees_thebest
February 12, 2007, 02:26 PM
bd will never defeat india...if tey do it will the second biggest upset....

Mridul
February 12, 2007, 02:27 PM
i just saw a day dream

India 362/5 after 50 overs

Bangladesh 363/9 after 49.1 overs

Sauron
February 12, 2007, 02:28 PM
feeling yourself I guess.

Feeling stupid while posting and posting because feeling stupid. But not feeling myself ;)

Orpheus
February 12, 2007, 02:31 PM
Feeling stupid while posting and posting because feeling stupid. But not feeling myself ;)

oh man now I feel stupid.

al Furqaan
February 12, 2007, 02:58 PM

i have a feeling you're not going to be here for very long...and if you do, it will be banglacricket's 39th biggest upset.

roc
February 12, 2007, 03:50 PM
many of our bc members think that we can defeat india easily..........................i beleive it is impossible...bcoz dravid ,tendu,gangu all r in form.....and these 3 r enough for bd...if dhoni stands..hahha..then gone..n shewag..i cant think of it..they will amke 400..given bds bowling attack.....so guys dont dream unwanted dreams...bcoz last time we lost to kenya and canada.....:flag:
listen bro be positive. tell u what if bangladesh bat first and score 260 or over i can garantee u that bangladesh will win against india. cause we are playing in carribean not India. so think about it.
Inshallah.:flag:

akabir77
February 12, 2007, 05:01 PM
What you need to read from this thread openers comments r:

many of our bc members think that we can defeat india easily..........................i beleive it is NOT impossible...bcoz dravid ,tendu,gangu all r in form BUT KHALI KOLSHI BAJEY BASHI.....and MASH, RAZAAK AND RAFIQ these 3 r enough for bd ...if dhoni stands BEHIND THE STUMPS AND WATCH AFTABS BOOM BOOM SIXES..hahha..then gone..n shewag HE SCORED 00 WHEN bd BEAT THEM DIDN'T HE?..i cant think of it WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO MY EEENDIAAA..they will amke 400..given bds bowling attack EENDIAA WILL BE ALLOUT BY 150.....so guys dont dream unwanted dreams AND PUT ME INTENSION...bcoz last time we lost to kenya and canada AND EENDIA WON A WC OR ANY MAJOR CUP OUTSIDE EEENDIAAA In 18.......:flag:

billah
February 12, 2007, 05:19 PM
[বাংলা]আপনারা কি খেয়াল করেছেন, এই ভারতীয়গুলি একই ভাবে শুরু করে?
তারপর ধরা পড়ে গেলেই ভীষণ চেঁচিয়ে নিজেদের বাংলাদেশী বলে দাবী করতে থাকে। [/বাংলা]

Tigers_eye
February 12, 2007, 05:45 PM
What's the first biggest upset? Beating them the first time? That means beating Australia, pakistan, SL are not upsets. wow!! You are a true Blind Tiger fan. :)

nmhimal
February 12, 2007, 09:30 PM
bro you sound like a big indain fan, that we are not, we have our own country to support and we are die hard supporters of our cricket team. we never lose faith in our team that you already lost, so please don't want to see your silly post and topic. tha !!!!!!!!

kalpurush
February 12, 2007, 11:31 PM

One friendly advise:
Go get a life in Goa, Domon or due....not in BC.

MarufH
February 13, 2007, 12:05 AM
Mr Naphis, I suggest you go back and read my post once again until you understand it. Where in my psot did I sound unrealistic? I said BD has a better chance of winning against INdia relatively compared to sri lanka because INdia is weaker than sri lanka. And bhai what do mean by I better understand ?

:up:

Guys.. I think this KID (he sounds nothing more than a 12 years old) doesn't know what he is talking about. No one said we are gonna beat EEdiots easily. But if we do beat them, mate, you are gonna get ur *** kicked. BC members will find u and hunt u down. Also, if we don't beat them, guess what? we will still hunt u, because u discouraged our players. :p:p:p

BD-Shardul
February 13, 2007, 12:22 AM
:up:

Guys.. I think this KID (he sounds nothing more than a 12 years old) doesn't know what he is talking about. No one said we are gonna beat EEdiots easily. But if we do beat them, mate, you are gonna get ur *** kicked. BC members will find u and hunt u down. Also, if we don't beat them, guess what? we will still hunt u, because u discouraged our players. :p:p:p

Well Said.

BD-Shardul
February 13, 2007, 12:25 AM
One friendly advise:
Go get a life in Goa, Domon or due....not in BC.

Yes, same suggeation from me too.

Thunder
February 13, 2007, 12:32 AM
I know everyone wants BD to win but i am predicting a similar result as champions trophy last year. We'll be defeated marginally against India and a bad performance against Srilanka and finish with Bashing Bermuda to end our world cup campaign..

But ODI is always unpredictable. If its our day, we surely gonna kill some giant as we did it many times before. All we need is a Eid from Asharaful and a furious Mash.. thats it :smug:

Kamnew
February 13, 2007, 12:34 AM
Sure.

Kabir
February 13, 2007, 01:18 AM
Welcome back...after the ban! It worked.

cricket_king
February 13, 2007, 01:27 AM
India's biggest weakness is their coach.His continuous experimentation's will help India to have hiccups against Bangladesh .

OMG!! i hate it when indians say that! Without chappel india would be ruined right now.....players like dhoni wouldnt even be in the team if it wasnt for chappel.
Oh well what can i say? They r indians after all......oblivious to anyone else's thoughts. :-P

cricket_pagol
February 13, 2007, 01:28 AM
With India's current line-up we need to get early wickets. I think Ganguly and Tendulkar's wicket is the most crucial... after that we need to put pressure on India and they will crack for sure. I just can't wait for the game to begin!

cricket_king
February 13, 2007, 01:40 AM

hahahaha! i love reading shahriyar bhaiya's posts.........they're funny......coz he seems to argue everytime :-D

Dhakablues
February 13, 2007, 03:24 AM
I think you all are missing a point: No teams are taking any other teams lightly after what happened last world cup when Kenya reached Semi-Finals. And as far as Bangladesh goes, if there is any team that Srilanka and India is worried about is Bangladesh as losing to Bangladesh will mean their chances of moving further becomes super tight. Both team teams were beaten by Bangladesh once and NEVER have they completely demolished Bangladesh side. With some wild cards in the team as Tamim, Aftab, Saqib, Shahadat... its very difficult for even Bangladeshis to know what they are capable of. Do a o1:1 comparison of the other team,, is Dravid really in form better for the last 10 matches compared to Shahrier? Did Mashrafee take more wickest than Srishaant/Bandara? The bottom line is: Bangladesh is the team that is to watch out for. Gone are the days where Bangladesh is destined to be the whipping boy and you take the 2 points for granted. No, that doesnt work any more,, much like the Bangla Link ad ' Oi din ki ar ase....? "

Imteaz
February 13, 2007, 04:40 AM
Hey dude, you are reidiculously under estimating your own team with the bolded line of your statment, aren't you. It's a shame

Yes Brother. I Never feel So Happy to Say That. If Bangladesh Can Beat India, I will be Happy and Feel Proud Not Less than You.

But Don't You Think It is Better to be Practical and Realize the Fact Rather than Dreaming about Some Emotional Thing. We are Playing Good Now a Day. But I don't Think We are Capable to Beat India. So.................I Just Bold Out the Fact.

Have a Nice Time.

Mohiul
February 13, 2007, 09:23 AM

What would the biggest upset be? India beating Australia???? And one friendly advise to indian fans like you who deliberately introduce themselves as a BD fan and mock with us: respect others

Mohiul
February 13, 2007, 09:31 AM
To win against a decent team, we need to everything perfectly and they have to play really bad. Needless to say, we can't expect our team to win when things are like this. If we somehow win, it will still be an accident.

Dude, I think you've forgotten the way BD beat Australia in England, Haven't you? How bad Australia played in that lost match?

nafees_thebest
February 13, 2007, 09:32 AM
blazin amruf.if i am a 12 yrs old kid...u must b my small sister{not bro}}} bcoz u seem to chakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk:)

Kabir
February 13, 2007, 10:01 AM

Spitty...bro, not being optimistic is fine. But ruling out the possibility of BD winning only with their performance, and without the lack of the other team's performance, is simply horrible. Not only did Australia play well the day we won, we chased their total of 250+ and won. Against India, their batsmen couldn't withstand our bowling attack...doesn't mean they played bad. They were bowled out for 15 runs short. When we lost against India for 11 runs, we played good too, but just couldn't make it there.

I understand that you're not a big fan of BD cricket...but even an opposition team wouldn't rule things out about BD like you did. I'm really not impressed.

layperson
February 13, 2007, 11:14 AM
hahahaha! i love reading shahriyar bhaiya's posts.........they're funny......coz he seems to argue everytime :-D

:doh: Do you see me as a "jhograte" person ? :( I really am not. I was just pointing out the obvious in my post which the poster missed. He also spelled my name wrong in his post which is why the"naphis". :)