PDA

View Full Version : Which team will miss the most?

Tigers_eye
February 13, 2007, 12:45 PM
England: Tresco (England's main stay for quiet sometime in ODIs), S Jones, Giles, Read, Harmisson, Gooch

Pakistan: Afridi in the first round (boom boom Fridi need i say more), Asif, Shoaib, Razzaq

BD: Pilot (Highest cap BD ODI player), Forhad, Rana

NZ: Nathan Astle (retired 16 ODI centuries), Mills (injured)

Aus: Lee, Gilchrist first round (birth of a child), Jaques, Hopes, Katich, White

Zim: everyone. I mean flowers, streak, taibu etc.

Ind: Laxman, Raina, Kaif

WI:

Kabir
February 13, 2007, 02:06 PM
India for sure. Australia's got a lot of backups...India's in trouble looks like to me.
Second will be NZ...they're back to Zimbabwe level after the loss of Astle.

Tigers_eye
February 13, 2007, 02:19 PM
I guess WI will have Sarwan back in the team.

Mahir
February 13, 2007, 07:36 PM
Trescothik would've helped his team more than any of the other players you've mentioned there. England's batting line up is as brittle as ever, and Trescothik's absence has much to do with that.

billah
February 13, 2007, 07:40 PM
India for sure. Australia's got a lot of backups...India's in trouble looks like to me.
Second will be NZ...they're back to Zimbabwe level after the loss of Astle.

NZ has great fallbacks in Flemo and Vettori. Both do amazing things under pressure. I think we will have a taste of their reslolve in our second practice match.

Xavier
February 13, 2007, 07:47 PM
I think Trescothick is a big miss for England, and also NZ are in trouble for losing both Astle and Mills, their 2nd best batsman and their 2nd best pacer.

Zimbabwe too, obviously, but it's not stg new. Streak retired from international cricket but Taibu and Blignaut are absent because of troubles with the board.

Also, Ireland will miss their best cricketer Ed Joyce, though he's actually there at the world cup...

Kabir
February 13, 2007, 09:01 PM
NZ has great fallbacks in Flemo and Vettori. Both do amazing things under pressure. I think we will have a taste of their reslolve in our second practice match.

unfiltered - 267 256 19 7599 134* 116* 115* 32.06 7 45 16
filtered - 3 3 0 79 32 31 16 26.33 0 0 0

Fleming played 3 ODIs against bangladesh, with 26.33 avg. His career avg is 32.06, which certainly is a lot higher than against BD. Although with 3 ODIs we can't really make a judgment here, but I'm only excited to know that the last match they played against us was in the last WC. He'll meet bowlers like Mash, Shahadat, and Razzak instead of Manjurul Islam, chacha, and Sarwar Hossain.

Anyway, I do agree with you to some extent, but I'ld love to see what he does without Astle.

Rabz
February 14, 2007, 07:18 AM
Let them miss whatever they can...
cuz the more they do, the better for us...
as we are to meet few of these teams in the second round!!

Tigers_eye
February 14, 2007, 02:49 PM
England has annouced their squad. Giles, Read, Harmission, S Jones, Gooch and Tresco are missing. Vaughn is the captain and nixon is the keeper.

Tigers_eye
March 1, 2007, 05:06 PM
Since now Shoaib and Asif is out of the WC I think Pakistanis are the biggest losers.

Having lost Lee and Symond still recovering stage, Australia a close 2nd.

zakirc
March 1, 2007, 05:11 PM
BD: Pilot (Highest cap BD ODI player), Forhad, Rana

By missing did you mean in terms of value addition? In that case I don't think Bangladesh actually will miss anything. We could not have asked for a better balanced team.

As for the team missing most, that would definitely be Pakistan, শোয়েব, আসিফ, রাজ্জাক ছাড়া ওদের দল সাধারন মানের।

Tigers_eye
March 1, 2007, 05:15 PM
The prenthesis should point what I meant. "experience". Mushfiq over Pilot is a better ODI selection I know that. But gulf is huge in experience that's all i meant. :)

zakirc
March 1, 2007, 05:20 PM
The prenthesis should point what I meant. "experience". Mushfiq over Pilot is a better ODI selection I know that. But gulf is huge in experience that's all i meant. :)

Actually most players that retire have a "Huge Gulf of Experience" with that of the new entrant. Isn't that sad? But unfortunately thats how life goes on.

This WC, we are targeting something extra-ordinary, something that Pilot could not justify (By his perforamcne in the past year or so) to be part of.