PDA

View Full Version : what do u think about JO inclusion

BangladeshFan
February 13, 2007, 05:43 PM
I just wish to know what do u think about JO inclusion in the WC squad. He is hated by some for his "tortoise like batting" and liked by some for his "dependability" even though both these characteristics are highly debatable. i personally think his place should have gone to pilot as most teams are going for a backup keeper.

Give your opinions about the latest comeback by Mr. JO

billah
February 13, 2007, 05:52 PM
[বাংলা]সবই দয়াল বাবার দোয়া .......[/বাংলা]

cricketboy
February 13, 2007, 06:03 PM
Poor Tushar Imran. He was good enough 15 days back not now!!! And lucky Javed Omar suddenly he is back and guess what for the World Cup. Javed doesn't lose his energy by playing against small teams and small series. :)

Sovik
February 13, 2007, 06:19 PM
I think its a joke. Basahar may have played a bigger role and ataher ali khan was always in his favour.

jishan
February 13, 2007, 06:31 PM
this entire squad is a joke actually...i mean not all of them...but rajin,JO and rasel....well i guess rasel is alright....but mehrab should have been there along with forhad reza...both are allrounders...i really dont get this...specially abt forhad...he actually performed pretty well with the bat when he got chance...i have no idea why is he being neglected....

CTazim
February 13, 2007, 06:43 PM
Well I think Bashar and Whatmore should be replaced along with some of the selectors.. With all these cleansing taking place in Bangladesh... It's about time Rab and the CA get involved in cleansing BCB..

Hablu needs a personality transplant, Whatmore needs to get on a South beach diet and the entire selection panel needs a crash course on objective reasoning.

Navarene
February 13, 2007, 06:59 PM
Its not what do I think but what do I feel like is throwing up right on top of Faruq's head!

roaring tigerz
February 13, 2007, 07:12 PM
Mehrab Jr
Farhad
Tushar
Pilot
Kapali
Rana
Al Shahriar
Sharif
Nadif
Dollar

There you have it! These are a sample of players who are infinitely more deserving of a place in the World Cup team than Javed Omar. Do you want me to name ten more?

Zobair
February 13, 2007, 08:34 PM
The selectors are getting away with JO's inclusion because everyone is focussed on Pilot's exclusion. A shame!

Rubu
February 13, 2007, 09:26 PM
I agree, there should be more talk about how JO got in than why masud was out. I mean, pilot has been out for a while and everyone knew what was coming. how did JO get in? we are getting forward or backward?

Hatebreed
February 13, 2007, 09:31 PM
I'm a little disappointed. After all the experimentation went on with our opening slot, I think Mehrab Jr should have been included. I don't like Tushar, and even he would have been a sensible choice. I guess they selected JO for the experience factor, and Mehrab didn't make as much of an impact as we expected.

AsifTheManRahman
February 13, 2007, 11:25 PM
14 jon ke dole dhukaiya ebong pilot ke laal card dekhaiya amader nirbachokgon khoniker jonno bisraamer naame gonjika shebone motto hoiyachilen. emoni ek gonjika misrito muhurte prodhan nirbachoker chokhe JO'r chehara bhashiya uthile tini totkhonat tahar naam tuke diyachilen 15 shodossher doler talikay.

rohossher bishoy ei je, gonjika shebonkale opir cheharar bodole JO'r chehara bhashiya uthiyachilo tahar chokhe.

Optimist
February 13, 2007, 11:39 PM
If I were a selector I would not have selected JO!
I feel terribly bad for TI!
BUT
I think JO played important roles in both our big wins (by staying in the wicket during the first 10 overs Vs Aus; And scoring runs against SL; I CAN SEE ALL THE BRICK BATS COMING IN MY DIRECTION:timeout: )
As for TI.......If you are really good you grab your opportunity with both hands; he really did not grab any of his chances (I agree he should have given continuous opportunity)
As for Forhad Reza....his bowling would not count for nothing! He was chosen as an allrounder and he is not that. If some one wants to pick him as a batsman....good luck!

babubangla
February 14, 2007, 10:13 AM
I did put a lot of hard work last August to make this headstone for JO.
Alas...all my image crafting efforts went in vein!!!

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/babubangla/jo.png

mhj007
February 14, 2007, 10:27 AM
he is only liked by the selectors..no one other than them likes him..he sucks..his place should have gone to either pilot or mehrab..
Junior

Tigers_eye
February 14, 2007, 10:33 AM
I did not like it. I think Bashar had a say about JO and in the last WC JO was not selected. So more like sympathy recall. But I must say it was better to give him than Pilot. Obviously if Pilot was there, he would have made a lot of noise when not selected within the 11.This way the team harmony stays the same or better.

We all must live with it and move on and hope for the best.

Mahmood
February 14, 2007, 10:52 AM
Taking JO shows the low confidence on the current top order by the selectors. Having JO can mean only one thing, save being all out, be it 99/9 in 50 overs.

We used to set that goal 5-6 years ago. This is going backwords. Anyways, our selectors are playing safe.

Farhad
February 14, 2007, 10:53 AM
Im not too puzzled by it. There arent too many openers right now with alot of experience (because of all the experimentation), and i think he was just selected as a backup in case Tamim goes horribly wrong in the practice matches....I dont know why theyre not considering Rajin for the opening position, IMO he would be much better there rather than replacing any of the middle order batsmen...

Thunder
February 14, 2007, 11:28 AM
The inclusion of JO is like going back to old days and a waste of a position. I would be really pissed off if he gets a chance to show off his pathetic talent again!:sick:

Nasif
February 14, 2007, 11:33 AM
Consider the opposite, JO strikes and gets 100s; or even better, singlehandedly wins a match for BD. What will happen then?

JO for next 4 years...:confused:

Kabir
February 14, 2007, 11:40 AM
Which JO are we talking about? Or are we talking about JLO?

http://www.21wallpaper.com/images/sample/151.jpg

Honest to God...I don't mind HER inclusion at all!!!

This won't be going back...this will be GOING AHEAD!!!

cricketboy
February 14, 2007, 12:50 PM
Consider the opposite, JO strikes and gets 100s; or even better, singlehandedly wins a match for BD. What will happen then?

JO for next 4 years...:confused:

:)DO you honestly believe JO can score a century in 50 overs?

pagol-chagol
February 14, 2007, 02:11 PM
I think, Jo has a history of coming back strong after every brief lay-off. He also has some experience playing in West Indies, and has a good feeling of the Indian & Lankan bowlers. Since, Mehrab couldn't play well enough the selectors had to go back to the safe choice.

akabir77
February 14, 2007, 02:14 PM
I am not the sad.

I guess after the injustice was done to him. this is only fair to equal that...

I think if any batsman fails badly in the first two game we will see him in the third one else he is just going alone....

sadi
February 14, 2007, 02:25 PM
what do u think about JO inclusion

Pathetic!!!

cricketboy
February 14, 2007, 06:07 PM
If Javed was so good, then why was Nadif Choudhury included ahead of him against Zimbabwe as backup. I think BC members would have not been at all unhappy if Nadif was selected as the 15th man instead of Golla. But why Golla? :mad:

Sovik
February 14, 2007, 06:37 PM
I did put a lot of hard work last August to make this headstone for JO.
Alas...all my image crafting efforts went in vein!!!

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/babubangla/jo.png

i am really sorry for you.

Rabz
February 14, 2007, 09:12 PM
listen guys... JO is just there to fill in the numbers.
i highly doubt that he is gonna get a game.
he is just there in case any of our batsmen gets injured and he can replace them.
nothing more.

Reckon they are relying on his past experience in case he needs to dig in.

Sumon77
February 14, 2007, 10:21 PM
listen guys... JO is just there to fill in the numbers.
i highly doubt that he is gonna get a game.
he is just there in case any of our batsmen gets injured and he can replace them.
nothing more.

Reckon they are relying on his past experience in case he needs to dig in.
quite right... he will be benched for all 3 games... atleast he will not make chaos like Pilot if left out.

Shehwar
February 15, 2007, 07:56 AM
I am absolutely delighted with JO's inclusion! Cudnt be any happier. Mark my words: JO WILL PLAY A SIGNIFICANT ROLE IN OUR VICTORY AGAINST INDIA..I am a biased JO fan....Cheers.

zakirc
February 15, 2007, 08:41 AM
All the experiments for opening slot has proven we need someone like either JO or Mehrab Jr. to partner with SN. I guess JO'c experience against these teams and Mehrab's poor performance has resulted into JO's inclusion.

And by the way, while criticizing JO's batting, lets not forget his superb fielding, he is among the best 3 fielder we ever had. Being a fielder he saves a lot of runs that with someone with poor fielding would concede.

Thunder
February 15, 2007, 08:57 AM
i was actually a bit shocked by Mehrabs performance just before the world cup. He played like 7 or 8 matches and did just fine but instead of going upwards his performance has gone down dramatically. I think this little kid just couldn't handle the short fame that he had for a few months.

I bet if Tamim utilizes his chances and keeps doing fine, he surely is out from BD team for a long time!

Rubu
February 15, 2007, 05:25 PM
i was actually a bit shocked by Mehrabs performance just before the world cup. He played like 7 or 8 matches and did just fine but instead of going upwards his performance has gone down dramatically. I think this little kid just couldn't handle the short fame that he had for a few months.

I bet if Tamim utilizes his chances and keeps doing fine, he surely is out from BD team for a long time!
If we need a sheet anchor with Nafis, Rajin is a better choice than JO. He can bowl some useful overs, is the best fielder of the team, and can open up better than JO. My main complain against JO is that he does not know how to take singles. Even does not even try. He will keep waiting and waiting and waiting until he gets loose ball. This is a very negative approach, and we really need to get out of it.

Anher
February 16, 2007, 11:02 AM
JO's Inclustion was not that pathetic you guys are thinking! Lets put it another way. If we JO basher dont find a cause of his inclusion it will create much more choas in your brain. Few reasons of JO inclusion...

1. When players need water JO will be there – Water Boy
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
2. When players need toilet break JO will be there as a replace fielder to save at least 1 four, His chest is always ready to jump and bump in boundary line- Damal Chele
<o:p> </o:p>
3. JO helps a lot while players do the exercise. They can stretch, bent, kick, punch etc on JO.-
<o:p> </o:p>
4. If Bangladesh team can make a win against big opponents JO will run like cheetah to collect as many stumps as he can for his kids, although he never run like this when batting in crease- Ideal Father cricketer

.....add more if you would like to
Lots of reason but couldnt remember them all. Thought his days is over. He is hard to get rid off but never thought its that hard.

Kabir
February 16, 2007, 11:12 AM
4. If Bangladesh team can make a win against big opponents JO will run like cheetah to collect as many stumps as he can for his kids, although he never run like this when batting in crease- Ideal Father cricketer

:floor: :floor: :floor:
I still remember that from the Aussie match...:lol:

bengaltiger
February 17, 2007, 07:41 PM
if he gets to play in the first 11, then it's complete negative thinking by the management. we are here to win NOT to survive for 50 overs. gosh...

TI or another such natural stroker would have been the best choice.

Beamer
February 18, 2007, 12:24 AM
I heard he was belting the cherry all over the park in the nets yesterday. He even managed to hit a six which landed in the gallery! some spectator apparently quipped, " is that the first six of your career? " - Sports tabloid Daily Star reported today.

Oh..about his inclusion : No comment...

BanglaCool
February 19, 2007, 06:59 AM
JO does play good strokes, but not suitable for ODIs, which is the point in question here. Heard he made some good runs in the recent domestic matches, which brought him to attention of the selectors. My feeling is that he was always behind the curtain, it just got lifted once he made those runs and mehrab didn't play according to expectations.
But I think the best combination we can have is an explosive TI with a cool-headed SN, making an unbeaten opening stand until atleast the 15th over and amassing great totals by then.
Wish them all the best.

Baundule
February 19, 2007, 09:01 AM
That was expected ;)