PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best batsman of current bd team??

mhj007
February 15, 2007, 02:26 AM
guys..wat do u think who is the best batsman of current bd team for wc...i think technically ashraful is the best..in style aftab..but mentally and performance wise shahriar nafees is the best..so i will go with sn..wat do you guys think?
Junior

cricket_pagol
February 15, 2007, 02:47 AM
Sakib and nafees are the best!!!

Imteaz
February 15, 2007, 03:15 AM
I Think Md. Ashraful...................

cricket_king
February 15, 2007, 04:11 AM
wow.....didnt think anyone would've voted for ash. I had a really hard choice between nafees and aftab......nafees's technique is probably the best and he can stay in longer.....which is why i picked him in the end. But just watching aftab play his dashing cricket just makes me wish i could've chosen the top 2. :(

Shaan
February 15, 2007, 06:50 AM
This far Shakib show the best consistency among BD batsman...

rah
February 15, 2007, 07:14 AM
Sakib and SN for me

Rabz
February 15, 2007, 08:23 AM
Nafees for me.
Aftab can play all his dashing shots..but he is still stuck in his cameo roles.
Im sick and tired of his quick fire 30's and 40's.

Soon he realises his own potential and plays consistent big innings...
till then i'll go for the guy who's got 3 century's already under his bealt...

TheWatcher
February 15, 2007, 08:32 AM
Mushfiqur Rahim for me- a good mixture of techniques and temperament, though he is still very inexperienced and has not proven himself against top teams.

zakirc
February 15, 2007, 08:50 AM
Our best batsman should be someone who performs reasonably against any team, in any batting / pitch condition. To me the answer is Habibul Bashar, nobody even comes close to him from consistency point of view. He may not flash a good knock every 20-30 matches like ash, but he contributes regularly.

And I would like to see more of SN against the big guns before changing my opinion, but he definitely is a good candidate for best batsman.

sadi
February 15, 2007, 09:12 AM
Abilitywise: Aftab
Experiencewise: Bashar
Potentialwise: Sakib
Consistencywise: Shahriar Nafees

akabir77
February 15, 2007, 10:39 AM
Abilitywise: Aftab
Experiencewise: Bashar
Potentialwise: Sakib
Consistencywise: Shahriar Nafees

You r missing one

Good to look at wise: ASH THE FOOL

Tigers_eye
February 15, 2007, 11:39 AM
Rofiq bhai.

MarufH
February 15, 2007, 12:41 PM
Nafees.

roaring tigerz
February 15, 2007, 12:49 PM
The FOOL all the way!

thasan
February 15, 2007, 04:59 PM
Jo ki ei site visit kore? who voted him?? :D

ottawaGuy
February 15, 2007, 10:48 PM
bashar no doubt!
Although ash has twice as much votes as bashar. Interesting!

cricman
February 15, 2007, 11:37 PM
It's not like Ash is a 1 hit wonder, he's scored a century the last 3 years.

Kabir
February 15, 2007, 11:44 PM

Our very own Thunder (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2476).

mhj007
February 16, 2007, 12:27 AM

i think if its not jo,it could be faroque ahmed!!!!
Junior:)

Mahir
February 16, 2007, 12:48 AM
it's the same old question, with a new set of options for the answer.

I voted for nafees, and I fully believe that he is NOT the most talented in the country, neither is he the most dashing of all. His potential might be still doubted by many when it comes to performing against the world's top teams, since most of his achievements have come against the lowly Zimbabweans. But he has applied himself well so far in the international arena, and with more experience, he should be able to slowly establish himself with a very good reputation. Mushfiq Rahim, Sakib, Tamim all have plenty of talent, and makes us believe in an exciting future for BD cricket.

Having said all that, let's not forget that Ashraful still remains as the most talented and the most stylish of 'em all, but he has not, and probably never will live upto his potential. On the other hand, Aftab, the most dashing of them all and my personal favorite for no particular reason, will probably never find success in Test matches, which is where the quality a batsman is truly measured. Yah I sound like a broken record, especially re: Ashraful, but that's the inconvenient fact for us Tigers' fans.

LateCut
February 16, 2007, 11:11 AM
Future? What future? I have recently heard in NPR that 'best years are yet to come' on a diffrent context. I guess we will be saying this 5, 10 and 15 years from now about our cricketers. This is an accurate statement becuase it is always true (or cannot be disproved). I am sure my grandkids will be posting in BanglaCricket boasting the talents (not accomplishments) of BD cricketers.

Rizvi
February 16, 2007, 01:01 PM
Tushar Imran. No doubt.

Mav
February 17, 2007, 02:33 AM
do u have a thing about making threads with - who is the best this and that?
dont degrade anyone in a team, or make a comparison in a team.
Let them play as a team, specially when WC is here.
Make some better analysis type threads....

Sam
February 17, 2007, 07:25 AM
My choice is clear...............see the result of the poll.

mhj007
February 17, 2007, 08:53 AM
Tushar Imran. No doubt.

lol!!:)
Junior

mhj007
February 17, 2007, 08:58 AM
do u have a thing about making threads with - who is the best this and that?
dont degrade anyone in a team, or make a comparison in a team.
Let them play as a team, specially when WC is here.
Make some better analysis type threads....
Thns for ur suggestion...but i just wanted to figure out the public opinion..and it should encourage the player who gets most votes and also encourage others to play well.
Junior

Mav
February 18, 2007, 02:23 AM
Thns for ur suggestion...but i just wanted to figure out the public opinion..and it should encourage the player who gets most votes and also encourage others to play well.
Junior

Our players would be encouraged to get the best this and that opinion in banglacricket?
Nev mind, but I guess our players are more mature than that.

kaisermatin
February 18, 2007, 07:30 AM
my vote for ash was a joke. the whole batting is too inconsistent to rate them. and they haven't played quality teams for a long time. also performance in the league was also not that great. we have to be making consistently make 300+ runs in ODI

Aftab is showing his mental strength. Bashar very poor mentally. Specially that was evident in the last match against Zimbos. Ashraful has become a joke (that's why he got my vote). I hear he is the joker in the team also; keeps everyone laughing and takes away the stress. Ash is may be in the team to keep everyone relaxed.