PDA

View Full Version : After Khaled Mashud,what will be Habibul Bashar's Fate???

mhj007
February 15, 2007, 02:44 AM
Khaled Mashud is harshly left out of the wc bd team...now as we know that dev whatmore like the young guns more than the older ones,a ques. arise in my mind..wat will happen with habibul bashar???bcuz,he is not consistent at all in the odis...so it is likely that the selectors will leave him frm at least the odis very soon...if so,then who wll lead our team??is there any successor of habibul bashar ready yet??will he be out of the team in 2007 or he will play 2011 wc???wat do u guys think???plz rep.
Junior

Imteaz
February 15, 2007, 03:20 AM
Totally Depends on His Performance as Batsman as well as Captain.

fuzzy
February 15, 2007, 04:41 AM
he is still holdin the average in test ( should call him the best batsman for bd in test level), but that run out vs aus at fattullah tells me that it is the age that giving him the hard time slow between the wk. since bd hasn't produced any mature player who can take his position, he should stay for another 1yr of test matches.

BD-Shardul
February 15, 2007, 05:50 AM
I think Hablu Mama will try his best to prolong his career until 2011 WC.

Rabz
February 15, 2007, 08:33 AM
I think he would retire within the next year or two...
thats if he is smart enough to call it quits and leave the game honourably...

but if he wants to push his luck and try carrying on only to get booted out...
thats his own option...

the guy is already 35 something...there is only much he can do in few years time...

but as the best test batsman and captain of our country to date, i'd like to see him leaving the game with head held high and with honour.

Hatebreed
February 15, 2007, 08:52 AM
Obviously it depends on his ability to lead the team and score runs, but mostly his performance in the WC. I reckon he will play for another year or two until it's evident Nafees can take over.

TheWatcher
February 15, 2007, 08:53 AM
Bashar, I think, will continue to captain both ODI and Test sides until the Sri Lanka series (in June-July). After that, it will depend all on how much SN matured. We will most probably see SN leading us in Twenty20 WC in SA (in September). After that, if the selectors feel comfortable with SN, I don't see Bashar coming back to ODI side. Bashar's Test career probably won't continue beyond 2008 either.

BTW, whatever I said here is just guesswork, have no wish to start a debate on this.

Tigers_eye
February 15, 2007, 09:02 AM
The best thing would be to either ask him the question now or wait and let the WC finish and then ask him.

In both ways, no one here can speculate what will happen. As for 2011 WC , I think by that time some of our current U-17 team will have a better shot than Hablu mia.

sadi
February 15, 2007, 09:07 AM
I think he will play odis for another year while it will be 2-3 years before he retires from test cricket.

Warlock
February 15, 2007, 09:21 AM
Let's not forget Bashar and Pilot are not the same. Just think about "Pilot the BD captain-era" and "Bashar the BD captain-era". You will get what I mean!

cricketboy
February 15, 2007, 10:30 PM
I am sure Hablu will not be there for the 2011 World Cup.

mhj007
February 16, 2007, 12:36 AM

i agree with you!!!
Junior

Ejaj
February 21, 2007, 12:21 AM
i sometime feel why it is necessary to keep the older guys in the team just because they served well before. No disrespect to them here. I always felt that, everybody has a limitation on how much he can give or serve or Improve. This is true in every field of life, not just in cricket. The newer generation will learn from them and will definitely be a better player with so much exposure and better technical facilities. So, if we keep the older players just for the sake of their name, then, the newer players will never get the chance to prove them. Is that right?. Everyone has a time which is called retirement age. Pilot or Bashar were better player in their generation, but, they are no way better than the present or the comming generation of players. The country needs the best players to represent herself. No matter how glorified someoen is, we should alaways give priority to the better scopes. They served well and will be rememberd proudly by all the cricket followers in this country. They are actually the milestone in the cricketing history of this country. BUt, There is always an end to everything. It should not be a personal vendata if some senior players got dropped from the team. Because, they also came into the team, by dropping so other senior players. They didnt object this cause, they got the chance to prove themselves and they served well since then. So, now its time for them , to give a way the position to the newer generation. This is what called Cricketing generation.

I have all the respects for them. But, they also need to respect the requirement of the nation and the power of youth.

Kabir
February 21, 2007, 12:58 AM

Born in 1972, he will be 39 in 2011. Theoretically, he should be out next year, when he'll be 36 almost!

Sumon77
February 21, 2007, 01:50 AM
i sometime feel why it is necessary to keep the older guys in the team just because they served well before. No disrespect to them here. I always felt that, everybody has a limitation on how much he can give or serve or Improve. This is true in every field of life, not just in cricket. The newer generation will learn from them and will definitely be a better player with so much exposure and better technical facilities. So, if we keep the older players just for the sake of their name, then, the newer players will never get the chance to prove them. Is that right?. Everyone has a time which is called retirement age. Pilot or Bashar were better player in their generation, but, they are no way better than the present or the comming generation of players. The country needs the best players to represent herself. No matter how glorified someoen is, we should alaways give priority to the better scopes. They served well and will be rememberd proudly by all the cricket followers in this country. They are actually the milestone in the cricketing history of this country. BUt, There is always an end to everything. It should not be a personal vendata if some senior players got dropped from the team. Because, they also came into the team, by dropping so other senior players. They didnt object this cause, they got the chance to prove themselves and they served well since then. So, now its time for them , to give a way the position to the newer generation. This is what called Cricketing generation.

I have all the respects for them. But, they also need to respect the requirement of the nation and the power of youth.

you are right about replacement with fresh blood with better quality, which is quite true for Pilot, but for Bashar I dont think replacement is that available yet, specially captaincy. SN needs few more years to mature specially to be accustomed with the heat playing big teams. It will be too much to ask from him to lead the team in conjunction with his batting responsibility. Also if we only think of batting of Bashar, its still good enough to keep his position, as the other options, may be Nadif, Mehrab Jr as middle order, Marshal Ayub or others need atleast couple of years to prove themselves to be best for the position. So Bashar should stay couple of years and hand it over to a safe and better candidate.

akabir77
February 21, 2007, 11:27 AM
I think he will go after 2008/09 from ODI. WHen he goes out from ODI in next 2 years he will go from TEST.

Anyway We need fresh blood but he need experienced players too. SO unless the backup is ready he should continue...

roaring tigerz
February 21, 2007, 01:34 PM
Bashar, Rafiq and Mashud should bow out of international cricket on their own terms instead of being shown the door. I hope that our senior members will coodinate with our selectors and plan their retirements. This will allow them to leave graciously as well as providing the management ample opportunities to groom a replacement.

istiak
February 21, 2007, 02:25 PM
He is still one of our best batsman and so untill we got someone better.he need to stay........Its nothig to do with fresh blood or old blood......the best 11 of the country should play.....as simple as that

Ahmed_B
February 21, 2007, 03:53 PM
I think Hablu Mama will try his best to prolong his career until 2011 WC.
He already said in a recent TV interview.. that this is going to be his last world cup 'for sure!'..

mhj007
February 22, 2007, 11:28 AM
as mentioned earlier..i think the best eleven should play...in tests,habib's performance is very good,but in odis,he is not delivering goods when needed..so,as he is becoming older,his retirement frm odi's looking closer.and if appointing sn as captain of bd twenty twenty team is any indication,i think habib will retitre or left out of odi team in 2007.but we also should'nt hurry,as we also need to give sn time to mature and see his performance against bigger teams..
Junior

Mahmood
February 22, 2007, 12:14 PM
I hope he retires in 2 years.

Masri is playing stedy now, has not been injured for a year. If he is in the team regularly, he deserves to be the captain before Shahriar. Masri has the seniority plus the winning attitude. He is the MVP of the team.

Spitfire_x86
February 22, 2007, 12:49 PM
Masri is playing stedy now, has not been injured for a year. If he is in the team regularly, he deserves to be the captain before Shahriar. Masri has the seniority plus the winning attitude. He is the MVP of the team.
Bowlers are usually not suited for captaincy. Beside that, I can't remember him captaining at any level.

Duck
February 22, 2007, 04:52 PM
Dont mind if he stays and plays even WC 2019 !!! ...... as long as he serves the purpose....making runs for the team!! But I dont want him to continue as the captain of BD after 2007! Someone with a little more grey matter should replace him.

Mahmood
February 23, 2007, 09:47 AM
Bowlers are usually not suited for captaincy. Beside that, I can't remember him captaining at any level.

My most favorite and probably the best captain ever, Imran Khan was a bowler. There are many examples, Wasim Akram, Kapil Dev.

I actually believe ultimately a bowler makes a better captain, as he is closer to the fielder placement that a batsman.

Masri should be tried at the National League as captain.

Tigers_eye
February 23, 2007, 10:15 AM
kapil, imran were pure alrounders. Wasim (has a test double century by the way) was a somewhat alrounder. Mash is no where near those three in batting capability. He don't have any captaining ability. His nature is carefree which backfires for the job of captaincy.

Captain must have the capability of stearing the team when in trouble (batting). Mash only did it once in his life time. Few more knocks would get players vote which matters the most.

SN is the logical choice and is being groomed properly.

AsifTheManRahman
February 23, 2007, 11:36 AM
SN is the logical choice and is being groomed properly.

and yet has a long way to go, which is why we need habla to serve us for another couple of years (one or two). without him, the team will simply fall apart, as they have on previous occassions.

AsifTheManRahman
February 23, 2007, 11:40 AM
besides, nafees still hasn't proven much against worthy opponents (barring the 130 odd against australia), so he better start performing against the big boys if he wants to hold onto his place in the long run. once we start having more matches against stronger test teams, going into a slump will mean greater pressure and lower levels of confidence, and he might turn into tushar's best friend in the A team.

having said that, i have high hopes for him, and i think it's very likely that he won't disappoint.

mhj007
February 25, 2007, 02:52 AM
besides, nafees still hasn't proven much against worthy opponents (barring the 130 odd against australia), so he better start performing against the big boys if he wants to hold onto his place in the long run. once we start having more matches against stronger test teams, going into a slump will mean greater pressure and lower levels of confidence, and he might turn into tushar's best friend in the A team.

having said that, i have high hopes for him, and i think it's very likely that he won't disappoint.
I think SN"s technique is not perfect and he is shaky while driving..but his mental strength is huge which makes him stand out from other batsman of bangladesh..i think and hope he will also produce goods against stronger oppositions and he will be the next captain of bd for a long time.mashrafi will not be a good option as he/his head is not mature enough.
Junior

IanW
February 26, 2007, 07:26 PM
If you are doing things the Australian way, then the best batsman in the side gets made captain - it's how it works.

As well, you hire very determined players, who want to play for as long as possible ... and then the selectors give their career a bullet to the back of the head, well before they or their fans think they should have been sacked.

They are unhappy for a while, and then you make them a selector.

Ian Whitchurch