PDA

View Full Version : It is not Faruque vs Pilot, says chief selector

reverse_swing
February 15, 2007, 12:14 PM
Dhaka, Feb 15 (bdnews24.com) - Chief selector Faruque Ahmed Thursday defended himself saying Khaled Mashud's omission from the World Cup squad was not his sole decision.

"It was not my sole decision to drop Khaled Mashud as there were two other selectors along with the coach and the captain," Ahmed told bdnews24.com Thursday.

"It was a collective decision of the five-member selection committee and it should not be treated as Faruque versus Pilot," said the former Bangladesh captain.

The omission drew flak from cricket fans, former national cricketers, selectors and cricket board chiefs. They accused the selectors of bias and intentionally keeping the 30-year-old cricketer off the squad.

"No one would believe a player would be dropped because of personal reasons, and at least I don't believe it," Faruque said, "How could you think that I could ignore country's interest following the commission dispute over cricketers?"

The chief selector said, "The commission dispute involving the selectors was a silly matter."

Faruque Ahmed, however, admitted that he is facing a tough time.

"You can say I am passing one of the toughest times as I never underwent such a situation after being made chief selector four years ago," Ahmed said. "I went to a function in a school today (Thursday), but no one mentioned it at all."

When his attention was drawn that the sports adviser would investigate the allegation whether Pilot was a victim of malice or was kept out of the team purely for the cricketing reason, Ahmed said, "I don't want to make any early comment."

Ahmed thought he did not do anything that warranted his resignation.

"Nothing happened for me to resign. The selection committee has been working with devotion for the last four years and you get the evidence of it if you go by statistics.

"We only looked at the country's interest when we chose the team for the World Cup. Just wait and see. I am sure our decision will have a positive impact on the team."

BDNews24>> (http://bdnews24.com/details.php?id=59132&cid=2#tp59116)

TheWatcher
February 15, 2007, 12:40 PM
I don't see how anyone can blame Faruque solely for choosing Mushfiq over Masud. Bashar, after coming back from Zimbabwe, clearly indicated that he is no more interested in Masud, Prince was very happy about Mushfiq's performences in Zim, and we all know how much DW likes Mushfiq.

Tigers_eye
February 15, 2007, 12:43 PM
What if, after the investigation, we find out it was Faruque who voted for Mashud and the rest 4 sided with Mushfiq. lol that would be really something. :)

akabir77
February 15, 2007, 12:44 PM
I don't see how anyone can blame Faruque solely for choosing Mushfiq over Masud. Bashar, after coming back from Zimbabwe, clearly indicated that he is no more interested in Masud, Prince was very happy about Mushfiq's performences in Zim, and we all know how much DW likes Mushfiq.
you probably then didn't read prothom -alo, lipu's comment or durjoy's comment

TheWatcher
February 15, 2007, 12:55 PM
you probably then didn't read prothom -alo, lipu's comment or durjoy's comment
May be I did, and may be I just did not pay attention to what they said. Those two politicians (may be Raqibul too) are just using the Pilot issue to have a go at the Faruque and Co. for their own personal reasons.

pagol-chagol
February 15, 2007, 01:21 PM
Looks like, a lot of ex-cricketers want Faruq's chair, and they are trying hard to destabilize the team. A lose to Bermuda would shake up the think tank, and sleeze bags like Lipu might get a chance to take Faruq's place. A lot of people are forgetting that this is creating unnecessary mental pressure on Mushfiq who deserve all our support. I hope this makes him more determined to do well. Lets keep a list of these people. They'll hide soon.

akabir77
February 15, 2007, 02:15 PM
If anyone in bangladesh who got 2 chotak cricket ghilu and believes that BD team needs a batsman keeper more than just a keeper and still votes for pilot I say KILL them or ship them to usa we don't need stupids in the country...

Murad
February 15, 2007, 03:50 PM
i just hope..mushfiq dont get injured.. and if he gets injured..then we willl be doomed.. we dont have another wicket-keeper in the squad..

Zobair
February 15, 2007, 07:41 PM
How come "injury" was never issue when Pilot was the keeper?

i just hope..mushfiq dont get injured.. and if he gets injured..then we willl be doomed.. we dont have another wicket-keeper in the squad..

sadi
February 15, 2007, 07:47 PM
How come "injury" was never issue when Pilot was the keeper?

Mushfiq ke dekte lage duder sishu. Sobai mone kore toka dile pore jabe.

PoorFan
February 15, 2007, 08:18 PM
Weel, I am getting frustrated in other way,, we are talking so reasonable and constructive here on BC, but all seems in vain. We must find some way to get more attention and recognized in sports media. Some of our BC stuff should gather all the reasonable and constructive discussions and send it to media and BCB. By this way we may get more attention, as well as recognition in a organized way.

I feel like our voices remain unheard and not making much impact.

cricketboy
February 15, 2007, 08:20 PM
TIme and again our selectors try to be adventurous and pick a younger player but it just spoils their career. Just guess if Mushfiques fails to do well in the World Cup people will hate him so much. Poor Mushfique, he has no fault in Pilot not being selected. Farouque is just a stupid who can never justify a foolish change in the team!!!

TheWatcher
February 15, 2007, 08:29 PM
According to this Prothom-Alo report (http://www.prothom-alo.org/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MjU3OTM=&mid=OA==), it was DW who convinced other four to leave Pilot out of the squad as he deemed Pilot a bad influence in the team.

I want to see what Lipu has to say now.

RazabQ
February 15, 2007, 09:13 PM
Seems to be a case of ok you keep out Pilot, I'll let you keep JO.

SMHasan
February 15, 2007, 09:21 PM
So according to the prothom-alo they took JO after taking 2 openers 5 middle order batsman 4 pacers 2 spinners and one wicketkeeper. They took the decision to take him when they saw just one slot was left. Now the question is why taking him? Why not Forhad or Tushar? I know tushar was not gonna make much difference but in what condition they took Javed only God knows.

kalpurush
February 15, 2007, 09:54 PM
Seems to be a case of ok you keep out Pilot, I'll let you keep JO.
ebong nimisei mitmat! I liked it!!;) :-D

kalpurush
February 15, 2007, 09:56 PM
So according to the prothom-alo they took JO after taking 2 openers 5 middle order batsman 4 pacers 2 spinners and one wicketkeeper. They took the decision to take him when they saw just one slot was left. Now the question is why taking him? Why not Forhad or Tushar? I know tushar was not gonna make much difference but in what condition they took Javed only God knows.

Javed to "dut-vat"!...Might be able to play the last match!!:)

kalpurush
February 15, 2007, 09:57 PM
akabir77:
If anyone in bangladesh who got 2 chotak cricket ghilu and believes that BD team needs a batsman keeper more than just a keeper and still votes for pilot I say KILL them or ship them to usa we don't need stupids in the country...
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
then you would be in trouble...akabir bhai!

Kabir
February 15, 2007, 11:28 PM
akabir77:
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
then you would be in trouble...akabir bhai!

Bhaijan, that's a nice thing to say about US from north of the border :p
I wonder why US don't like Canadians :lol:

akabir77
February 16, 2007, 12:25 PM
Bhaijan, that's a nice thing to say about US from north of the border :p
I wonder why US don't like Canadians :lol:

The day bush got elected I knew there is something wrong with these people...

I see stupid people all the time. And these stupid people thinks Canadians r more stupid so ....
:-D

AsifTheManRahman
February 16, 2007, 01:42 PM
or ship them to usa

hahaha...bhaloi bolsen

BD-Shardul
February 17, 2007, 01:08 AM
Bhaiera,

Khaled Mashud Vs Mushfiq Vs Faruq Vs DW --- too mush discussion. Enough is enough.

Janen na, lebu beshi kochlale tita hoy. Cricket doltake ki tita korte chan?

Shobai mile Allah-Billah, Doa- Dorud Poren.
Amin.