PDA

View Full Version : Watching World Cup in USA

desiman21
February 16, 2007, 09:16 AM
I know Dishnetwork is selling for $200. So as williowtv for internet.. Actually, they have joined forces in this matter.

But, I would be able to watch only 5-7 games at most due to job and other reasons. I am sure that many others are in my situation in USA. It really hurts to pay $200 only for 5-7 games.

Is there any place you can buy games individually? Do you know whether Dishnetwrok will offer individuals games before the world cup? What happened last world cup?

I am guessing some internet websites will pop-up very soon. Unless they already have, and I don't know about it. Please post your toughts here.

Kabir
February 16, 2007, 10:49 AM
Shoja ways of doing things = big bucks spent
Dui numberi ways of doing things = $0 spent...

Pick your choice!

gatekeeper
February 23, 2007, 10:05 AM
I know Dishnetwork is selling for $200. So as williowtv for internet.. Actually, they have joined forces in this matter.

But, I would be able to watch only 5-7 games at most due to job and other reasons. I am sure that many others are in my situation in USA. It really hurts to pay $200 only for 5-7 games.

Is there any place you can buy games individually? Do you know whether Dishnetwrok will offer individuals games before the world cup? What happened last world cup?

I am guessing some internet websites will pop-up very soon. Unless they already have, and I don't know about it. Please post your toughts here.

You can actually make pull of you friends where everybody contributs so the financial burden is less painfull. I know a lot of people do it in NY.

Orpheus
February 23, 2007, 10:25 AM
You can actually make pull of you friends where everybody contributs so the financial burden is less painfull. I know a lot of people do it in NY.

Yeah in NY I don't think you need any friends.. pretty much all the restaurants are gonna be showing it....
it's gonna be something like 5 bux a game or 50 bux for whole package.

Just watch out for fights that break out... it's Hilarious.

akabir77
February 23, 2007, 10:42 AM
For those NEw bies any illegal kotha bartha on video sharing englishe na korai bhalo as dish already sent a thread mail to BC...

Yeah there r no legal way but to watch through dish or other other one..

In the past Dish never offered single game so either its the whole package or nothing. But u never know may be this is the year they will do it...

If i were you i would go early to those restaurent eat for all day or just order cup after cup of tea like pakis do and watch it for free. becarefull don't spend more then 200 buck on food else it would be cheaper to get dish.

Also if you get dvr then u can record the matches and watch them when u r home. a 6 hour match will take less then 5 hour to watch in dvr or less if the match lasts not to long...(as u will be able to fastfowrad the adds and gaps when batsmen asks for towel drinks or 3rd ump...

Rubu
February 23, 2007, 10:47 AM
We already have a thread for discussing this. Anyway, I asked them the same question, here is the email they sent me:
Thank you for your email.
Specific information regarding your request for a match by match or country only package for Cricket is not currently available. We would like to provide you that option, to make viewers like you happy, but we do not know if or when this will happen. We will gladly forward your request to our Programming Department for further consideration.
We strive to make satellite sports event packages as affordable as possible. Our sports event packages have been set up in balance with cost effectiveness and consumer demand. One way to keep our customers sports event packages costs low is to provide sports events in packages, rather than ala carte.
We thank you for your input as we continually review our options in order to provide better sports event packages for our viewers. Please stay tuned for consumer Charlie Chats that are broadcast monthly on Channel 101 or logon to our website for future programming announcements.
As a current customer, you may always use our website to view your current or previous billing statements, add services, or make payments to your account. Please use the link https://customersupport<wbr>.dishnetwork.com/customercare<wbr>/UserManagement/login.jsp (https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customercare/UserManagement/login.jsp) to visit our Online Customer Support Center.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to <script><!-- D(["mb","www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this email.
\n\n \n\n
 \n\n
 \n\n
Sincerely,\n\n
 \n\n
Lynn T.
\nTID: OR-Cadillac
\nDISH Network eCare\n
\n\n
**Please include all previous correspondence when replying.**\n
\n\n______________________________<WBR>_______________ \n\n
Sent:   Sunday, February 18, 2007 4:31 PM\n\n
To:     FeedBack\n\n
Subject:        Customer Service, 2486248481\n
\n\nFull Name: Rubu Rahman",1] ); //--></script>www.dishnetwork.com (http://www.dishnetwork.com/) or reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Lynn T.
TID: OR-Cadillac
DISH Network eCare

gatekeeper
February 23, 2007, 04:52 PM
Yeah in NY I don't think you need any friends.. pretty much all the restaurants are gonna be showing it....
it's gonna be something like 5 bux a game or 50 bux for whole package.

Just watch out for fights that break out... it's Hilarious.

You don't want to be anywhere near those places, trust me. It's far better to get some freinds together and have like a party.

Fights are frequent when there's a Ind Vs Pak game. Man these people are thick headed. And yes, it can be funny.

desiman21
February 23, 2007, 05:14 PM
You don't want to be anywhere near those places, trust me. It's far better to get some freinds together and have like a party.

Fights are frequent when there's a Ind Vs Pak game. Man these people are thick headed. And yes, it can be funny.

Finally, got an indian friend to share willowtv connection.. We will watch few games together, otherwise we have specific preference about the teams.. Hopefully, this will work out..

BD Tigers
February 23, 2007, 08:05 PM
Is there anybody bought the pkg from the Directv? I did. They said that they will broadcast all the games. Let me know if u heard the same.

gatekeeper
February 23, 2007, 08:46 PM
Finally, got an indian friend to share willowtv connection.. We will watch few games together, otherwise we have specific preference about the teams.. Hopefully, this will work out..

Don't be bashful about expressing you feelings during the BD Ind game. We got your back.

desiman21
February 24, 2007, 01:22 AM
Don't be bashful about expressing you feelings during the BD Ind game. We got your back.

lol, He is already afraid that India can loose to Bangladesh. I just want Bangladesh to give their best,, and rest will may just be history...

Braveheart
February 26, 2007, 01:15 PM
Is there anybody bought the pkg from the Directv? I did. They said that they will broadcast all the games. Let me know if u heard the same.

I bought it from Directv also. They should show all the games. I can't wait. just 14 more days.

Murad
February 26, 2007, 02:25 PM
cricketspot e ora offer korse...wc pkg.. ponchanno dollar....shob gulo match....

Xavier
February 26, 2007, 02:27 PM
AFAIK only willow-tv has the rights to show the world cup on internet, and they only sell the whole package as they know it's the best way for them to make for money!
I hope I will try some "alternative" way to watch some match...

BD Tigers
February 26, 2007, 10:44 PM
I bought it from Directv also. They should show all the games. I can't wait. just 14 more days.

Got Directv installed today and they gave me HindiDirect pkg for a month. Dont care abt the hindi chanels but one of them is Cricket Plus...so sharadin dhore cricket khela dekchi...cant wait for the WC.:-D

Braveheart
February 28, 2007, 02:22 AM
Got Directv installed today and they gave me HindiDirect pkg for a month. Dont care abt the hindi chanels but one of them is Cricket Plus...so sharadin dhore cricket khela dekchi...cant wait for the WC.:-D

Congrats! Hey, how much is that hindidirect package? How many channels do u get?

I am on a transition period right now. I will graduate this may with masters and will join my new job at the end of summer. I have the option of quitting my current job (where I have worked for last six and half years) right before joining the new job. But, I have decided to quit this March so that I can watch the World cup all day long when I don't have school. This is going to be pretty sweet!!<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

I love my TIVO! It will come in handy during the world cup.

aj_jadeja
March 15, 2007, 12:50 PM
I have subscibed to Cricket World Cup ($199.99) on Direc TV. it appears like an Internet feed using a fish-eye camera where the players look distorted in their shapes. I went over to my firend's house who has Dish Network and his picture is perfect. I know because I had set my DVR to record so I did a visual comaparision after I returned to my home. The poor quality is not worth the subscription.

i m sure other Direc Tv members r seeing same

Right ?

Electrequiem
March 16, 2007, 11:32 AM

But CricketPlus wont show the WC games.

Ajfar
March 16, 2007, 12:14 PM
bhai amii sob khela free dektasi..prothom din teke...deshikotha.com e jan...tarpor register koren..ar magna boisa aram koiraa khela deken...