PDA

View Full Version : Is it the falling time??

sar2005
February 16, 2007, 11:50 AM
Australia - the name that has been dictating cricketing world more than a ususal time frame. Is it now time to see the graph curve direction to downwards :confused:

Watch out today's score-card -
Australia crash to 10-wicket defeat (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/nzvaus/engine/current/match/251494.html)

sar2005
February 16, 2007, 11:52 AM
Is not it their 4th ODI defeat in last 5?

Tigers_eye
February 16, 2007, 11:56 AM
with best bowlers and batsmen sitting out, playing against rivals who was a punching bag for a long time can give a picture that is not true. Not yet, not now.

For SA, yeah, playing at home gives BD a boost as well.

sar2005
February 16, 2007, 12:10 PM
For SA, yeah, playing at home gives BD a boost as well.

But I thought they just lost 3 games in a row against the weak ENG (or I should say against Collingwood) at home and with their strongest team ??

Tigers_eye
February 16, 2007, 01:27 PM
They lost against Ash with a full squad too. That don't mean they were below BD.

It is almost impossible to win every game they play. This is not me playing table tennis with you guys where I would have 100% winning record. This is cricket.

Xavier
February 16, 2007, 04:54 PM
Australia - the name that has been dictating cricketing world more than a ususal time frame. Is it now time to see the graph curve direction to downwards :confused:

You can't have a Warne, Mc Grath, Langer, Hayden, Gilchrist, Martyn etc... for every generation... West Indies dominated in the '80s then they went downwards, now it's time for Australia: they'll stay on top but not be so dominating anymore.
Last Ashes was their "swansong" .

Sovik
February 16, 2007, 07:37 PM
it is the wake up call for australia and they will come back strongly.

Rabz
February 16, 2007, 09:33 PM
it is the wake up call for australia and they will come back strongly.

i think so is the case.
See guys, its very hard to be at the top and be motivated day in day out.
It seems like eternity that Aussies are winning matches by a big margins almost every game they play.
At some point some time, they are also meant to frail and slip up.
Thats just human nature. But that doesnt mean that they are going straight downward right way.
5 key players could make a difference of day and night..

Think of playing without Nafees, Aftab, Habibul, Mashrafee and Rafiq.
Hec we would get scared even playing against Nepal.

Trans-tasman rivalry has always been a great clash and like any other teams, NZ is not that easy to beat on thier own soil, esp when Bond is finding his rythm and all the other players are also looking to be in solid forms.

Remember how the Aussies bounced back from the Ashes lost and won 16 out of thier 17 tests ?? so would be the case here...

This is exactly the tonic they needed before the world cup and im sure they know how to bounce back...

A timely check on reality...
knock knock...

Farhad
February 17, 2007, 03:01 PM
Interesting question. I dont think its so much "Australias falling" as "SA's rising". Australia is almost certainly going to be weaker now with the recent retirements, but i think theyre still heads above the other test playing nations. South Africa on the other hand seems to be speeding through the ranks. We'll have to wait and see..

Sovik
February 17, 2007, 08:38 PM
they bounced back.

sar2005
February 18, 2007, 04:37 AM
they bounced back.

Yeah, Just to loose another beggieeeeeeeeeeeee :p

New Zealand win in big chase of 337 (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/nzvaus/engine/current/match/251495.html)

sar2005
February 18, 2007, 04:48 AM
Australia fell from their No. 1 one-day ranking for the first time as Ross Taylor, Peter Fulton and Craig McMillan propelled New Zealand to their huge target of 337 with an over to spare to secure the Chappell-Hadlee Trophy. - cricinfo

Alien
February 18, 2007, 08:42 AM
i think so is the case.
See guys, its very hard to be at the top and be motivated day in day out.
It seems like eternity that Aussies are winning matches by a big margins almost every game they play.
At some point some time, they are also meant to frail and slip up.
Thats just human nature. But that doesnt mean that they are going straight downward right way.
5 key players could make a difference of day and night..

Think of playing without Nafees, Aftab, Habibul, Mashrafee and Rafiq.
Hec we would get scared even playing against Nepal.

Trans-tasman rivalry has always been a great clash and like any other teams, NZ is not that easy to beat on thier own soil, esp when Bond is finding his rythm and all the other players are also looking to be in solid forms.

Remember how the Aussies bounced back from the Ashes lost and won 16 out of thier 17 tests ?? so would be the case here...

This is exactly the tonic they needed before the world cup and im sure they know how to bounce back...

A timely check on reality...
knock knock...

I hope the knock rings on them loud and clear coz WC'07 is almost there.

Xavier
February 18, 2007, 07:03 PM
History made in ODI cricket:

LG ICC ODI Championship
18 Feb 2007 <TABLE class=ratingsTable><TBODY><TR><TH>Team

</TH><TH>Matches</TH><TH>Points</TH><TH>Rating</TH></TR><TR><TD>South Africa</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>4595</TD><TD>128</TD></TR><TR><TD>Australia</TD><TD>45</TD><TD>5692</TD><TD>126</TD></TR><TR><TD>Pakistan</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>3780</TD><TD>111</TD></TR><TR><TD>New Zealand</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>3996</TD><TD>111</TD></TR><TR><TD>India</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>5243</TD><TD>109</TD></TR><TR><TD>Sri Lanka</TD><TD>44</TD><TD>4733</TD><TD>108</TD></TR><TR><TD>England</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>3806</TD><TD>106</TD></TR><TR><TD>West Indies</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>3956</TD><TD>101</TD></TR><TR><TD>Bangladesh</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>1454</TD><TD>42</TD></TR><TR><TD>Zimbabwe</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>755</TD><TD>22</TD></TR><TR><TD>Kenya</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

gladiator
February 18, 2007, 08:26 PM
Thats 5 in 5 for australia.

Behold the new #1 SA.
Aus slips to #2
Pak shomehow still clings to #3.

Tigers_eye
February 20, 2007, 08:58 AM
I am still not sold.

With Gilchrist, Ponting, Lee back, they will be back at the top in no time. Although, I must say the gap is diminshing. And for SA, Didn't they lose against SL in the last away series? At home everyone can become the king. Look at India.

Finally, I must congratulate the Kiwis. They I guess for the first time won that big against their arch nemesis. The monkey is off the back.

AsifTheManRahman
February 20, 2007, 11:42 AM
NZ today went from 43/4 to 350/9. this is going to be one heck of a difficult tour for us.

Farhad
February 20, 2007, 12:38 PM
Alot of people are talking about the absense of certain players in Australias side. But the thing is, they never had problems with the batting, just the bowling. Lee is ofcourse the only person theyre missing in that respect, and I highly doubt he would be able to make that much of a difference...Australia, for some crazy reason, always did lose to NZ. Theyve lost a couple of games on the trot now, but Im sure they'll bounce back....They always do

Tigers_eye
February 20, 2007, 01:46 PM
..Australia, for some crazy reason, always did lose to NZ.
I thought it was the other way around.

Before this tourney out 105 matches Australia had won 75 of them. That is the best record they have among the other top 7 teams.

Xavier
February 20, 2007, 01:59 PM
Everybody say that Australia are missing their big names and they'll fight back. Probably true. But I think that we should also consider that New Zealand lost (for retirement) two of their best cricketers ever (Cairns and Astle), they are missing Oram and Mills because of injuries and rested Bond and Vettori... but still they won the third ODI!

sar2005
February 20, 2007, 03:58 PM
Everybody say that Australia are missing their big names and they'll fight back. Probably true. But I think that we should also consider that New Zealand lost (for retirement) two of their best cricketers ever (Cairns and Astle), they are missing Oram and Mills because of injuries and rested Bond and Vettori... but still they won the third ODI!

OMG!! You have a very good point. Missig ponting and Lee can't be equal to Crains, Astle, Oram, Mills, Bond and Vettori. Australia definitley did not do good to their name. Only second question comes now if they continue the same form in another country WI.

sar2005
February 20, 2007, 04:01 PM
I am still not sold.

.......I must congratulate the Kiwis. They I guess for the first time won that big against their arch nemesis............

Yes, congratulations to NZ. And, they did it in great style..........they did it in comprehensively.

al Furqaan
February 20, 2007, 04:49 PM
NZ today went from 43/4 to 350/9. this is going to be one heck of a difficult tour for us.

r u referring to the world cup, or some future tour of NZ???

Tigers_eye
February 20, 2007, 05:43 PM
warm-up match :) then face Endia and SL.

Farhad
February 20, 2007, 10:30 PM
I thought it was the other way around.

Before this tourney out 105 matches Australia had won 75 of them. That is the best record they have among the other top 7 teams.

Youve got a point mate, but in more recent times, NZ have held their own against Australia. Granted, not better than South Africa (not even close)

Australias record against other teams in the 2000s

Wins/Losses

24/9 (against NZ)
19/5 (India)
17/5 (Pak)
15/9 (SA)
13/6 (SL)
15/5 (WI)
17/6 (Eng)

Hatebreed
February 21, 2007, 11:01 PM
Fall baby fall!

AsifTheManRahman
February 21, 2007, 11:26 PM

the world cup, with the way the indian, sri lankan, pakistani, west indian, australian and now new zealand batsmen have gone crazy.

sar2005
February 23, 2007, 01:40 PM
Lee out of World Cup (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/wc2007/content/current/story/281294.html) - is it the last nail on the coffin??
I will keep on watching the curve until it is back to normal.

"The news is a serious blow for Australia's World Cup hopes after the bowling attack struggled in New Zealand without Lee, losing the Chappell-Hadlee Trophy 3-0 and failing to defend totals of 336 and 346. " - cricinfo.

karimjay.
February 24, 2007, 11:56 PM
I hardly ever support Aus.

Watching them struggle so badly in the Chappelle-Hadlee trophy and not being able to come to terms with their loss of their dictatorship is painful to watch though.

ellawilson
February 26, 2007, 02:23 AM
:onethephone:
We cant say surely anything about ongoing cricket match. Australia really having good allrounders no doubt.
But other teams are also performing well and working hard to grab mathches in their favour and it is fact when to fight one wins. and everyone want to be winner. Winner of one time cant be winner for all time.
dont forget - It is said "Cricket is game of luck and fate":saint:

karimjay.
February 26, 2007, 04:30 AM
Wow. Speaking of all rounders, I really dont like Watson.

IanW
February 26, 2007, 05:09 AM
Stuff the rating system.

The World Cup is where we will count the marbles.

Ian Whitchurch

PS And, yeah, Australia is falling, and has been for some time. Me, I'd measure it from a certain game in Cardiff.

Kabir
February 26, 2007, 10:43 AM
PS And, yeah, Australia is falling, and has been for some time. Me, I'd measure it from a certain game in Cardiff.

Ahhh...good old days...miss those days :)

Alien
February 26, 2007, 05:52 PM
More bad news, Lee is mostly likely out of the World Cup coz of his ankle injury. Stuart Clark has been called to fill in. Australias bowling attack is in deep deep trouble with Warne and Lee off. Good thing McGrath is staying till the end of World Cup.

gatekeeper
February 27, 2007, 02:54 AM
More bad news, Lee is mostly likely out of the World Cup coz of his ankle injury. Stuart Clark has been called to fill in. Australias bowling attack is in deep deep trouble with Warne and Lee off. Good thing McGrath is staying till the end of World Cup.

Not most likely, Lee is definitely out of the WC.

gatekeeper
February 27, 2007, 02:55 AM

So you think Ashraful started this? Interesting.