PDA

View Full Version : 1st Annual BanglaCricket Awards

al Furqaan
February 18, 2007, 07:27 PM
With the American film industry about to issue Acadamy Awards for all films released in 2006, I felt now is the right time (2nd Sunday in February) to judge our players performances during the previous calendar year.

Awards will be decided by popular vote. You can only vote for one player in each category (most of the time it will be fairly simple) so vote for the single player who you feel best fits that category. The player with the most votes will be the winner.

Only matches played during that calendar year will be taken into account and I will try to provide pertinent stats with the poll. Each category will be given a 72 hour time limit.

The categories are:

Most Valuable Player (MVP)
Batsman of the Year
Bowler of the Year
Rookie Batsman of the Year
Rooking Bowler of the Year
Fielder of the Year
Most Improved Batsman of the Year
Most Improved Bowler of the Year
Surprise Player of the Year
Emerging Player of the Year

The categories will be available for both Test and ODI cricket, and a few final notes:

Rookies must have played their debut matches in the year for which the awards are handed out (i.e 2006 in this case). For de facto rookies, like Mushfiqur Rahim, I have added a new category called Emerging Player of the Year. Although I realize, its hard to pick a Fielder of the Year since many of us don't watch games, I have still included it because fielding is a very important aspect of the game ("catches win matches") and because it can be exciting to do/watch. Surprise Player of the Year is an award to recognize an un-heralded player, who makes an impact on the team.

Further, all categories may not have candidates in a particular year, but still I created the category for those years when we might have someone we would like to acknowledge.

If you have any further questions, just PM me, i'll answer and then you can vote accordingly. Thanks.

Mods, please pardon all the polls, there will be about 20 of them popping up over the next several hours.

Thirdman
February 18, 2007, 10:48 PM
Should we also create a couple of non-cricketer categories for BC Forum members like, "Most Creative Poster" or "Most Entertaining Poster" etc.?

kalpurush
February 18, 2007, 11:04 PM
Furqaan bhai: Wtat's the award? Does it has monetary value? Or, BC is going to honour them through a formal program?!

al Furqaan
February 18, 2007, 11:10 PM
Furqaan bhai: Wtat's the award? Does it has monetary value? Or, BC is going to honour them through a formal program?!

no, no nothing of the sort...just something to do for fun. i mean pre WC, and its soooo boring in the forums.

AsifTheManRahman
February 19, 2007, 12:58 AM
Or, BC is going to honour them through a <b>formal program</b>?!

bhai, amader bishishto fool ke jhatapeta korte ki suit boot pora lagbe naki?

LateCut
February 19, 2007, 01:56 PM
Oh I am dissapointed! I thought the catagories will be as follows:
1) Most absurd thread opener
2) Most absurd comment
3) Funniest thread opener
4) Funniest comment
5) Most abusive contributor
etc. etc.

Our players get many bay-fazool awards. Let's not add any more. Let their performance be the awards.

pagol-chagol
February 19, 2007, 02:16 PM
The categories are:

Most Valuable Player (MVP)
Batsman of the Year
Bowler of the Year
Rookie Batsman of the Year
Rooking Bowler of the Year
Fielder of the Year
Most Improved Batsman of the Year
Most Improved Bowler of the Year
Surprise Player of the Year
Emerging Player of the Year

The categories will be available for both Test and ODI cricket,

That's 10*2=20 awards.
How about "The player who didn't get any award Award"?
That will send everybody home happy.

sar2005
February 19, 2007, 02:42 PM
add 5 more types and we can award each of our players selected in WC squad....
;)

cricketboy
February 19, 2007, 07:34 PM
We should also have rookie wicketkeeper of the year award. :)

Rizvi
February 19, 2007, 10:48 PM
This is bull!

cricket_king
February 20, 2007, 01:04 AM
yeah this is pretty weird............i thought it was going to be something to do with memebers getting awards.