PDA

View Full Version : Former Bermuda captain on BD

cricketboy
February 21, 2007, 05:07 PM
A bermuda player comments on Bangladesh. here is the full link: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/wc2007/content/current/story/281189.html. This is the part he talks about us. We cant afford to mess up any matches against them, we need to beat them convincingly.

We'll take another step forward when we play Bangladesh on Sunday - our first ODI against a Test-playing nation. They've beaten teams like Australia, Sri Lanka and India so we are going to have our hands full.
I'm currently at home with the flu, along with my daughter, and am not scheduled to fly out to Antigua until Friday but I'm hoping to play. It's a perfect opportunity to see where we are with all the training we have been doing. They have a lot of players that have been together for a long time and some talented youngsters.
Bermuda may have beaten Bangladesh in the past but that was before they became a Test playing country. They have taken their cricket to new heights. You can't compare Bangladesh then to what they are like now. You can't compare Bermuda now to teams of the past either, as we've had all this exposure. Bangladesh have sorted out their infrastructure and they have world class youngsters coming through. They are going from strength to strength.

Tigers_eye
February 21, 2007, 05:19 PM
Good thing Mr. Holding was not born in Bermuda.

kalpurush
February 21, 2007, 05:41 PM
Good thing Mr. Holding was not born in Bermuda.

On a different note...Sir......
You are a very fortunate person...
...Tahara atisoy sundor!
...upner Three Angels!!! :-D

Dhakablues
February 21, 2007, 08:37 PM
To be honest,,you really have to try hard to mess up any games against Bermuda. But if the team does that this time,.. as they did with the worst defeat in BD Cricket history--Canada, I will have to say that the entire team
WILL BE DR. FAKHRUED

cricketboy
February 21, 2007, 08:40 PM
To be honest,,you really have to try hard to mess up any games against Bermuda. But if the team does that this time,.. as they did with the worst defeat in BD Cricket history--Canada, I will have to say that the entire team
WILL BE DR. FAKHRUED

Our loss to Canada was so sad and specially as it was the night before Eid. :(

Farhad
February 21, 2007, 09:02 PM
I liked his response. He also talks about Bangladesh before that....

I actually feel, as someone who has played cricket his whole life, it was quite a selfish statement to make. I don't think he's looking at the big picture. It wasn't that long ago people were calling Bangladesh minnows, now they've beaten Australia. There are now 96 countries that are associates and members. The dream of playing in the World Cup is an incentive for all of them. The more competition there is internationally, the higher the standard will be worldwide.

Sam
February 24, 2007, 08:10 AM
From his point of view, it is quite fair and clear. He spelt everything with due respect to BD. A thorough Gentleman, I should say, unlike many others.

gatekeeper
February 24, 2007, 08:36 AM
Well thaught out comments by the man. I wish some of the off-the-field cricket personalities followed his lead.

mhj007
February 25, 2007, 02:55 AM
the bermuda captain made a good analysis of the progression of bangladesh cricket recent times...
Junior