PDA

View Full Version : they dumped mee

Ajfar
February 22, 2007, 04:43 PM
cricinfo posted an article on
Players who missed the World Cup cut....

Khaled Mashud - Bangladesh
Bangladesh, quite literally, have decided to drop the Pilot by ousting their former captain, wicketkeeper and longest-serving international cricketer, Khaled Mashud. Apparently this decision had been a long time coming in the corridors of power at the BCB - since the tour of England in 2005, Mashud has produced just one one-day innings of note, an unbeaten 48 against Zimbabwe in July 2006. Meanwhile his teenaged understudy, the former Under-19 captain, Mushfiqur Rahim, made an unanswerable case for inclusion in the recent return series in Harare. Mashud has not had much fun at World Cups - he was sacked as captain after Bangladesh's dismal showing in 2003.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/wc2007/content/story/281201.html

Farhad
February 22, 2007, 05:52 PM
Forget that....Im still scratching my head over why Zim dropped Masakadza...

Masakadza hit the heights at Harare in July 2001, making 119 against West Indies when aged just 17 years and 254 days, to become the youngest debut centurion in Test history. It was a record that has since been passed by Bangladesh's Mohammad Ashraful, but unlike Ashraful, Masakadza has not pushed on to greater things. He scored his maiden half-century against England at Bulawayo in November 2004 and bowls useful legspin to boot, but a tally of 42 runs in three innings against Bangladesh this month counted against him. He was shunted out of the squad in favour of Friday Kasteni.

"It was a record that has since been passed by Bangladesh's Mohammad Ashraful, but unlike Ashraful, Masakadza has not pushed on to greater things."
:confused: :confused: /:)

gatekeeper
February 22, 2007, 07:56 PM
Forget that....Im still scratching my head over why Zim dropped Masakadza...

"It was a record that has since been passed by Bangladesh's Mohammad Ashraful, but unlike Ashraful, Masakadza has not pushed on to greater things."
:confused: :confused: /:)

Your assertion of Ashraful's contrinution is greater than Mazakatza'a to their respective teams is quite debatable.

cricketboy
February 22, 2007, 08:58 PM
Pakistani selectors are worse than Bangladesh, they dropped Yasir Hamid as he is too slow as if they have attacking openers who are doing better than him. I think they are taking the attacking option unlike Bangladesh who are going with all defensive players.

cracky
February 22, 2007, 10:21 PM
You probably have not noticed the quote around the text. It was not his assertion, cricinfo's.

Your assertion of Ashraful's contrinution is greater than Mazakatza'a to their respective teams is quite debatable.

sadi
February 22, 2007, 10:27 PM
I think they are taking the attacking option unlike Bangladesh who are going with all defensive players.

I wonder what Bangladesh will do with defensive players like Tamim, Aftab and Ash in the lineup.

gatekeeper
February 22, 2007, 11:44 PM
You probably have not noticed the quote around the text. It was not his assertion, cricinfo's.

I did notice that. If you second that (in this case 'cut & paste) you've voiced your approval for it unless noted otherwise.

cricketboy
February 23, 2007, 12:00 AM
I wonder what Bangladesh will do with defensive players like Tamim, Aftab and Ash in the lineup.
I think you are trying to be homorous, but it is not. We took defensive players like Golla and Rajin who find it hard to have sr above 60. Just think what will happen if for some reason they are batting together.