PDA

View Full Version : BC Meet Togather in Detroit For WC Matches

Rubu
February 23, 2007, 10:42 AM
Lets see how many we can gather for this.

This is a good opportunity for us as 2 of the 3 games will be on Weekend. For many of us, we won't need to take off from work. How about we meet at a place and watch the game together?

First thing we would need is a place where we can watch it on a decent sized screen. Unfortunately I do not have that. Then, we can meet on those days and have some fun together. Anyone else interested?

Kabir
February 23, 2007, 11:15 AM
Great idea Rubu bhai. Inspired by your thoughts, I opened a thread calling for a Toronto get together. Hope you guys can have a good one :)

Go BD Go.

FaridpurChicago
February 23, 2007, 11:28 AM
Why don't you guys drive little more to have little more fun. There will be dish network connection (NO BUFFERING), 50" plasma and free lunch for people from Detroit. If you agree then let me know. I would like to know the head count to prepare food for you.

sadi
February 23, 2007, 11:32 AM
Why don't you guys drive little more to have little more fun. There will be dish network connection (NO BUFFERING), 50" plasma and free lunch for people from Detroit. If you agree then let me know. I would like to know the head count to prepare food for you.

How nice of you. Anyone cooking in New York?

FaridpurChicago
February 23, 2007, 11:39 AM
I got commitment from as many as seven families for the first match against India. I would like to make it like the way we used to watch cricket in Buet hall. Oh those days!!!

ialbd
February 23, 2007, 11:46 AM
I got commitment from as many as seven families for the first match against India. I would like to make it like the way we used to watch cricket in Buet hall. Oh those days!!!

are birat ayojon dekhi. You truly inspired all of us for an eventful weekend (17th). InshAllah the weekend will be something to remember (in favor of BD of course). Have fun...

Kabir
February 23, 2007, 11:52 AM

Oh my God. That's amazinggg!!! I know what you mean...my sister and dula bhai used to go to Buet...so I know exactly what kind of moja you're talking about. I used to tag along sometimes to their events...simply amazing. Even now my dad continues his buet er dushtami.
By the way, make sure you get your house inspected from before. Load balancing beams may be required. But if it's a mansion, then to hoise kaaj...may be we can fly from Canada to your place :)

AsifTheManRahman
February 23, 2007, 12:43 PM
khaise. ek indiar kase bash khawa upolokkhe eto ayojon? ;)

just kidding. have fun guys.

FaridpurChicago
February 23, 2007, 12:45 PM
By the way, make sure you get your house inspected from before. Load balancing beams may be required.

I won't mind if people get crazy and the enjoyment makes a wall fall down after our win against India on 17th. Personally I don't know how I'll enjoy. It will be the most enjoyable day in my life.

eka eka ki enjoy kora jai. I know its not going to happen. tobuo asha korte dosh ki.

Rubu
February 23, 2007, 12:47 PM
FaridpurChicago Bhai, Chicago is 4 hours drive for me. Game starting at 9:30AM meaning I'll have to start driving at 5 at least. I'll wait for a response here. If we can get enough here, I won't go for the drive, but if I can't find anyone here, I just might join you guys. It should be clear within few days from the response of this thread.

FaridpurChicago
February 23, 2007, 01:18 PM
FaridpurChicago Bhai, Chicago is 4 hours drive for me. Game starting at 9:30AM meaning I'll have to start driving at 5 at least. I'll wait for a response here. If we can get enough here, I won't go for the drive, but if I can't find anyone here, I just might join you guys. It should be clear within few days from the response of this thread.

Bhai Rubu, feel free. We'll be happy getting you. Call me (630-660-9091) if you (including friends) want to join. I'll be in California in an official tour for the whole of next week and won't be able to visit the forum. Pls don't think I backed off from my silence.

Rubu
February 24, 2007, 10:48 AM
I'm kind of disappointed. No one from detroit has posted yet. Where is the 30K Bangladeshi from Hamtramck?

al Furqaan
February 24, 2007, 11:24 AM
rubu if you do go to chicago, remember you will gain 1 hour, since Chicago is is CST, and Detroit is EST.

Orpheus
February 25, 2007, 03:38 AM
How nice of you. Anyone cooking in New York?

Allauddin!

sadi
February 25, 2007, 12:19 PM
Allauddin!

Allauddin is kinda scary place to go eat. FDA closed down Allauddin for a month few months ago because of some food violation. I no go there. :)

Orpheus
February 25, 2007, 07:10 PM
Allauddin is kinda scary place to go eat. FDA closed down Allauddin for a month few months ago because of some food violation. I no go there. :)

That's good. the place should be closed really....most of their workers are mexicans and I once saw the mexican worker after dropping a misti on the floor.. picked it up and placed it with all the others as if nothing happened....and they were laughing about it.

I really don't want some disgruntled underpaid mexicans preparing food for bunch of demanding, loud voiced uncivil bangali savages...

u know what's to happen

Rubu
February 25, 2007, 07:12 PM
OK, what I wanted here was to find some people in detroit who are interested in watching the game together. I have not found one, instead people are talking about alladin. I guess I'll have to put up a message at Detroit alladin instead of here :(

al Furqaan
February 25, 2007, 07:45 PM
OK, what I wanted here was to find some people in detroit who are interested in watching the game together. I have not found one, instead people are talking about alladin. I guess I'll have to put up a message at Detroit alladin instead of here :(

rubu, i dont think there are that many detroit members of BC...tho you could try mshakir.

Tehsin
February 26, 2007, 12:51 AM
Rubu, look at this thread: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=18552

Not getting any response on that (when we know that there'll be lots of BCites going to the WC), not surprised you're not getting much action in Detriot either. Maybe we (Bangalis) are simply being fashionably late. It's always - if you build it, they will com - kinda thing for us Bangalis. :)

FaridpurChicago, do-monai aachi. Trinidad na giye, aram kore Chicago to boshe khela dekhar lov hochce. If nothng, hopefully I'll find some loud and crazed BD fans once I land in Trinidad and hold up a BC sign for you guys on match day. :)

Kabir
February 26, 2007, 10:40 AM
If nothng, hopefully I'll find some loud and crazed BD fans once I land in Trinidad and hold up a BC sign for you guys on match day. :)

I have a request. Can the BC sign be more than 10 feet long? And can you wear a big hat saying "Big Boss of BC" there? Then we'll know who's Tehsin bhai :D

Rubu
February 26, 2007, 02:55 PM
My Boss just told me that I have to go to Chicago for a week somewhere mid March!

I just hope it is around the time of the game, then I'll definitely be eating Biriani at FaridpurChicago vai's place

Rubu
March 1, 2007, 02:02 PM
deleted.

Rubu
March 7, 2007, 03:10 PM
OK, digging this one again.

Me and KMasum and his friend are confirmed to enjoy the game together. Waiting to see if we could find anyone else.

FaridpurChicago
March 7, 2007, 04:22 PM
Bhai Rubu, we'll be missing you. We got confirmation from 12 families. It will be a gala party. One of my friend suggested me to invite my neighbor Indian. Proti pokkho na thakle naki jombe na. Anyway, it's going to be a gala party.

Rubu
March 7, 2007, 05:13 PM
Bhai, know so far is that I have to be in Chicago for a week. I do not know when. As it seems, I will still be knocking on your door on one of the game, but it is most probably not be the 17th.

FaridpurChicago
March 7, 2007, 05:41 PM
No problem. See you then.

cricket_pagol
March 16, 2007, 04:33 PM
Me and some of my bangladeshi friends are planning to go to Devon St, Chicago to watch the games. One of my friend knows a place in Devon St that is showing the game in a big screen. Is anybody planning to watch the game at Devon St?