PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: ICC Tri Series : Bangladesh Vs Bermuda, 1st ODI

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Hatebreed
February 26, 2007, 02:25 PM
I think he is hoping for Ash's eid performance. :-D

[বাংলা]ঠিক। অন্তত যেন ভারতের খেলায় সে কার্ডিফের চাঁদ আবার দেখায়। [/বাংলা]:flag:

akabir77
February 26, 2007, 02:59 PM
Yeah thats what I thought. Then why use two different jersey in the same trip?

Its not the same series though. so they r using one for this series and they will start wearing the one for WC from the warm-up matches...:ticking:

hoodlum
February 26, 2007, 03:36 PM
We should play our main XI tomorrow against canada and i want bangladesh to thrash them.all the players of our team should see this match as a 'revenge match'.we should prove that we are thousand times better than them and we have much more high quality players.i hope Mashrafe and Shahadat will play tomorrow and give canada a good taste of pure fast and aggresive bowling!!;) i wont mind if 2or 3 canadian batsmen gets injured of Shahadat's quick bouncers:p lol and also hoping fireworks from tamim and aftab.dont wanna see JO and tapash near to the field.

Farhad
February 26, 2007, 03:44 PM
They arent allowed to use the new uniform yet. Grameen phone is there official sponsor in any match thats not in the WC. Dont be surprised if they wear this same uniform in the warm-ups as well...BTW, does anyone know how serious Mash's injury is??. I know he got a "niggle" (or something to that effect), but how long will he be out?

hoodlum
February 26, 2007, 03:51 PM
im very concerned of mash's injury.i hope evrything is fine.we really need his services badly in the international matches.

Murad
February 26, 2007, 03:52 PM
Yeah thats what I thought. Then why use two different jersey in the same trip?

this new jersey is for only WC matches.. after the WC, they will be using the current one...(grameen phone)

hoodlum
February 26, 2007, 04:09 PM
canada won by 3wkts...bermuda 206/8...canada 207/7 in 44overs

Spitfire_x86
February 26, 2007, 04:22 PM
[বাংলা]ঠিক। অন্তত যেন ভারতের খেলায় সে কার্ডিফের চাঁদ আবার দেখায়। [/বাংলা]:flag:
[বাংলা]সাকিবকে ৪ নম্বরে খেলিয়ে আশরাফুলকে ৬-৭ নম্বরে পাঠালে সেই চাঁদ আর দেখা লাগবে না। ICCCT এর অমাবস্যা দেখতে হবে।[/বাংলা]

Rubu
February 26, 2007, 04:26 PM
[বাংলা]সাকিবকে ৪ নম্বরে খেলিয়ে আশরাফুলকে ৬-৭ নম্বরে পাঠালে সেই চাঁদ আর দেখা লাগবে না। ICCCT এর অমাবস্যা দেখতে হবে।[/বাংলা]

Sending Ash at #4 will be a big gamble given his current form.

Anyway, where have you been spitty? have not seen you in a while.

hoodlum
February 26, 2007, 04:30 PM
hoitoba sakib dekhabe shei chad....

akabir77
February 26, 2007, 04:41 PM
We should play our main XI tomorrow against canada and i want bangladesh to thrash them.all the players of our team should see this match as a 'revenge match'.we should prove that we are thousand times better than them and we have much more high quality players.i hope Mashrafe and Shahadat will play tomorrow and give canada a good taste of pure fast and aggresive bowling!!;) i wont mind if 2or 3 canadian batsmen gets injured of Shahadat's quick bouncers:p lol and also hoping fireworks from tamim and aftab.dont wanna see JO and tapash near to the field.

Problem is we are not 1000 times better. One has to understand these candians r not real candains. They r all hired guns. SO don't take them litely like bermuda. I think canada is stronger than current Zimbos. so don't hope some akash kushum just because you can hope..You can wish but that wont come true all the time. listen if aftab tamim fires in the same game we will win against india. but that's not happening even if that happens you can say that the day before the game.. so stop bragging...

Spitfire_x86
February 26, 2007, 05:02 PM
Sending Ash at #4 will be a big gamble given his current form.

Anyway, where have you been spitty? have not seen you in a while.
What is he going to do at #6 or #7 anyway? We can't count on him to save the day in case of a big collapse. He doesn't have a great record in the slog overs either. Since we are playing "jodi laigga jai" with him, then let him play wherever he is most comfortable and can benefit the team in a "lucky day".

BTW, I've been around without posting.

SMHasan
February 26, 2007, 05:22 PM
[বাংলা]
তখন দেশে ভাইয়ের বিয়েতে ফুর্তি করছিলাম! এবার নতুন ঈদ, তাই নতুন জামা পরে নতুন সপ্ন![/বাংলা]

ki bepar dew
tomar lekhay kobi kobi vab!
Amar provab?

Anyway, one thing I like to say that sending Ash at number 6/7 wont do any good at all. This is a waste. I have not seen any pure batsman like him batting at 7 recently. If this is gonna happen then do not hope for a win against the Indians. I said this.

We need someone like Aftab in that position. I know some people will say Aftab!Yes, it is Aftab who can do best at 6/7 because in the end of the innings we need a quick scorer like him again we don't need a batsman like Ash at 6. Ash can rotate the strike but are not quick as Aftab. So we need Ash in the top of the order.

Hatebreed
February 26, 2007, 05:25 PM
ki bepar dew, tomar lekhay kobi kobi vab! Amar provab?

[বাংলা]হতে পারে। আপনার প্রভাবে আমি কবি আর দুশটু ছেলে দুটোই হয়ে গেছি![/বাংলা]

hoodlum
February 26, 2007, 06:09 PM
Problem is we are not 1000 times better. One has to understand these candians r not real candains. They r all hired guns. SO don't take them litely like bermuda. I think canada is stronger than current Zimbos. so don't hope some akash kushum just because you can hope..You can wish but that wont come true all the time. listen if aftab tamim fires in the same game we will win against india. but that's not happening even if that happens you can say that the day before the game.. so stop bragging...
well its not about being immodest or conceited...its about being optimistic for our cricket...we love bd cricket so much that sometimes we think beyond imagination and reality...its the passion of the game...mayb currently its not what i think or hope but it is the charm of the game what is making me or others to think like that...i know all the dreams doesnt come true always but we should dream and chase it. i see no fault of hoping against hope:)

Fazal
February 26, 2007, 09:08 PM
Since we are playing "jodi laigga jai" with him, then let him play wherever he is most comfortable and can benefit the team in a "lucky day".

BTW, I've been around without posting.

Just to set the facts straight. According to Ash himself (in the interview given before his departure to WC), he feels most comfortable in #5 not #4; #6 is ok with him.

Now if you meant "the Ash fans" feel more comfortable playing him at #4 because "Ash doesn't know what is good for him" then thats a different issue.

Spitfire_x86
February 27, 2007, 02:10 AM
Just to set the facts straight. According to Ash himself (in the interview given before his departure to WC), he feels most comfortable in #5 not #4; #6 is ok with him.
The difference between #4 and #6 is a lot compared to the difference between #4 and #5. Most of his good performances came at #4 or #5. At #4 we need a batsman, not some Rana jnr.

layperson
February 27, 2007, 02:34 AM
The difference between #4 and #6 is a lot compared to the difference between #4 and #5. Most of his good performances came at #4 or #5. At #4 we need a batsman, not some Rana jnr.

Sakib seems like Rana to you :timeout: :hairpull: !!!!!! Wow I am speechless actually. The kid has done most things right at number 4 since getting into the team barring the selfish 67* in the champions trophy. I dont remember Rana being as successful with the bat when he started out. Moreover I have seen both bat and Sakib is much more a batsman than Rana ever was. You cannot punish a player for being good and change his batting position just to give someone else a shot who has consistently been inconsistent. Even if Ashraful performs I would not change Sakib's position as long as the kid is performing. I had always argued that Ashraful should bat at number 5 instead of 6 because I feel he would have more chance of scoring big from there than 6 but defintely not number 4 when we have someone else playing so well in that position.

Spitfire_x86
February 27, 2007, 06:16 AM
Sakib has proved that he can play good supporting roles (although only only against minnows so far). This is ideally suited for #6. At #4 we need someone who can make play major role to win us a match (we don't have someone consistent, that problem doesn't have anything to do with the requirement of #4 batsman)

He's "Rana jnr" because he bats like him. AFAIK, Rana also scored 60+ when he was allowed to open the innnings against Zimbabwe (a better Zimbabwe than the current one) and regularly scores centuries in domestic tournaments.

layperson
February 27, 2007, 07:14 AM
Batting and fielding averages <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr align="right" bgcolor="#cccccc" height="17"><td class="profiles-stats-data" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">class</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> mat</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> inns</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> no</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> runs</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> hs</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> ave</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> bf</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> sr</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 100</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 50</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 4s</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 6s</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> ct</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> st</td></tr> <tr align="right" valign="top"><td class="profiles-stats-data" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">ODIs</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 19</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 18</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 6</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 529</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 68</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 44.08</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 768</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 68.88</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 0</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 2</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 54</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 0</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 4</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 0

</td></tr></tbody></table> Batting and fielding averages <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr align="right" bgcolor="#cccccc" height="17"><td class="profiles-stats-data" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">class</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> mat</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> inns</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> no</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> runs</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> hs</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> ave</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> bf</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> sr</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 100</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 50</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 4s</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 6s</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> ct</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> st</td></tr> <tr align="right" valign="top"><td class="profiles-stats-data" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">Tests</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 6</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 11</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 1</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 257</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 69</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 25.70</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 692</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 37.13</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 0</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 1</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 30</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 1</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 3</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 0</td></tr> <tr align="right" valign="top"><td class="profiles-stats-data" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">ODIs</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 25</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 21</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 5</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 331</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 63</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 20.68</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 668</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 49.55</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 0</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 1</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 21</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 1</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 6</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 0</td></tr></tbody></table>
Look at the two records. One is Sakib's the other one is Rana's. Look at ODI's and hopefully you will be able to see the difference. Average, strike rate, ratio of half centuries to matches played. These are some of the stats that should tell you that Sakib is a better batsman than Rana. I am bringing in Stats here because Batting ability wise, or technique wise Sakib is much better than Rana. If you have seen both bat and disagree on this point then I guess we both would have to live with our version of the story but then again that might cast a serious aspersion on your judgement regarding batting techniques.

layperson
February 27, 2007, 07:18 AM
Based on my previous post with the stats I wonder how you have written off Sakib even before he has played enough matches against the big guns. You seem to be sure that he will fail against the stronger teams and he is only good against the minnows. Do you feel the same way about SN ? One thing people tend to forget is that everyone has had the chance to play the weak teams in the last couple of months but only a few have consistently scored while others have failed consistently doesnt that say something about the ones who have been successful?

hoodlum
February 27, 2007, 07:34 AM
i have a big objection...its really a big mess of comparing rana to sakib...rana is someone whose batting is rated as below average as his batting technique is not even upto the mark...he is not a batsman infact...there are some players in our country who scores regular in our domestic leagues e.g al-shahriar,faisal hossain,sanwar,hasanuzzaman etc nd rana himself and we all know it doesnt have any worth of scoring runs here and failing in the international level...whereas Wisden has rated sakib as someone to watch for the future...his U-19 career has been awesome and he forced his way to the team becoz of his performance...whereas rana didnt ever came closer to such performance in the under 19s...time hasnt come yet for us to go for a debate about sakib and ashraful coz sakib didnt played that much with the stronger side but he has proved he is capable...its not his fault that he had to play against the minnows!!it was his duty to show that he is capable and he did that in style!!whereas ashraful has failed in that position (even against some minnows couple of times) number of times except one r two...so we had to go for a change and still we have to wait and see what does sakib do against the bigger teams...we should give him good chance...i dont know whats waiting for sakib in the future but for now its really not fair for sakib to compare with rana.

hoodlum
February 27, 2007, 07:46 AM
BRAVO SHAHRYAR!! its the perfect way to show the difference between sakib and rana....everyone can see the statistics and look how wrong it is to even go for a comparison with sakib...and those who dont belive in statistics they can atleast watch the batting of sakib and rana...there is a huge difference between their class...i can bet if rana tries the whole life and scores tons of runs in the domestic arena still he cant manage to have n impact in the international level...u know why?coz its very simple and clear....rana doesnt have the correct technique to stand as a batsman in international cricket .he even doesnt have any caliber to come into the comparison with sakib.he might score runs but wont earn respect as a true batsman.its very sad to see rana is being compared with sakib.

Fazal
February 27, 2007, 08:00 AM

I think you are missing my point. Please re-read my message again. Here is again for your convinience.

Now if you meant "the Ash fans" feel more comfortable playing him at #4 because "Ash doesn't know what is good for him" then thats a different issue.

Ash thinks (now) he feel most comfortable in #5 (not #4). He also mentioned #6 is ok with him; but not mentioned about #4 at all. He may felt more comfortable at #3, #4, etc in the past, but that doesn't mean he still do the same with his current form. Therefore past stat is kind of irrelevant to determine where he currently feels comfortable. I think he knows more about his own comfort level than us.

Fazal
February 27, 2007, 08:46 AM
Thanks god Sakib is a Rana Jr. and not another Ash Jr. Otherwise we would see another dead wood in the team flirting with a ODI average of below 20 rather than his current average which is 44.

sadi
February 27, 2007, 09:32 AM
Whoever comparing Sakib with Rana doesn't have a clue about batting. There is no point wasting time to argue about it in the first place.

Miraz
February 27, 2007, 09:49 AM
There is no point comparing two different player simply because both are lefty and all rounder.

Some of the members are undermining Sakib and some Rana.

IMO, both deserve to be in the national squad. Sakib is doing excellent job.
On the other hand, Rana is the leading NCL run scorer and he was always good with ball in ODI. He does not have the blessings of the selectors and that's why he is sitting out. After Rafiq's retirement from ODI, Rana should be recalled.

Rubu
February 27, 2007, 09:49 AM
What I don't understand is, why did comparing Shakib with Rana became a crime?

For crying aloud: Rana has a quality that I can only wish the other team members had. Who else has shown that kind of fighting spirit and determination? Everyone will agree that Rana lacks technique and his batting style sucks. Still he is successful. What make him do that? Yes, none other than hard work and determination. Now, only imagine what could happen if some talented suckers like Ash had that quality.

Rana is/was/will score consistently extending his limit and more than more than all the rana bashers like. I mean show me another allrounder in Bangladesh who is better than Rana? We would have been a much better side if he was in the team instead of JO.

al Furqaan
February 27, 2007, 10:00 AM
What I don't understand is, why did comparing Shakib with Rana became a crime?

For crying aloud: Rana has a quality that I can only wish the other team members had. Who else has shown that kind of fighting spirit and determination? Everyone will agree that Rana lacks technique and his batting style sucks. Still he is successful. What make him do that? Yes, none other than hard work and determination. Now, only imagine what could happen if some talented suckers like Ash had that quality.

Rana is/was/will score consistently extending his limit and more than more than all the rana bashers like. I mean show me another allrounder in Bangladesh who is better than Rana? We would have been a much better side if he was in the team instead of JO.

not really, rana would function as a 3rd spinner and thats it. still i would favor him over JO, but rana wouldn't ever get into the team over rafiq and razzak.

plus as a batsman, rana's healthy average is off-set by his "even worse than JO" strike rate. the guy can't even score 1 run off 2 balls.

sadi
February 27, 2007, 10:35 AM
I mean show me another allrounder in Bangladesh who is better than Rana?

Sakib? :) Look, who would I rather have Rana or Jo? I say Rana. I don't hate Rana but there is no point comparing Sakib with Rana and thats where I objected. Sakib is in a different league than Rana and there is no point comparing them.

MarufH
February 27, 2007, 11:14 AM
Time pass korar jonno faltu comparing... just wait till tomorrow for Can vs BD match.
I personally feel Saqib is our version of Dravid. (Am I making a big statement? well, too bad, but I think this kid has what it takes) I don't wanna demoralize Rana, all I would say, I think selectors did pretty good job except picking JO.

Tigers_eye
February 27, 2007, 11:19 AM
The players who lack ability and natural talent and compensate with sheer determination are always good for Tests. Example: Rajin and Rana. But for ODIs strike rate is so important now that these players can't be included in the team.

Comparing these players with Sakib who have the talent and the determination + can strike the ball at much higher rate is not wise. His place and position is secured in the team for the time being.

Rana getting a node for the national team would have to replace someone. Who? Razzak no. Rafiq no. That leaves the so called 'pure batsman' on the chopping block. 'jodi laiga jai' factor takes over and free ride continues. Even I would put him in the playing 11 for the Indian game.

To accomodate Ash, changing line up is narrow minded thinking. Why put resources into someting that is not broken and where other things are not working? That would put a player above the team which can not be good. International players should be able to adopt their roles as given by the coaches. The coaches know each players ability/form and the teams need more than we do from the outside.

Rubu
February 27, 2007, 12:49 PM
Sakib? :) Look, who would I rather have Rana or Jo? I say Rana. I don't hate Rana but there is no point comparing Sakib with Rana and thats where I objected. Sakib is in a different league than Rana and there is no point comparing them.
Is skakib's bowling up to the quality of Rana's? But it would be really stupid to replace shakib with rana because of Shakib's batting ability. I'd say Shakib is a batsman who can bowl a little, not an all rounder, so I won't compare the two.

Murad
February 27, 2007, 02:36 PM
damn. we shud have a thread "Sakib Vs. Rana"

hoodlum
February 27, 2007, 04:26 PM
with respect for rana,i must say he has done alot for bd cricket ...he is still a good all-rounder in bangladesh compare to other domestic all-rounders...but personally i think sakib is a better bowler than rana and he has alot of time to improve his bowling and im sure he will...rana is also a very good bowler and he has got a decent record as a bowler in intl. level...well thats my personal thoughts and it might not match with others...everyone has some own views and we should express it...but right now we should not go for any kind of comparison or arguments as the situation is not suitable for it...i should also mention that Rana is mainly a bowler and Sakib is mainly a batsman so no more arguments and debates. :)

Spitfire_x86
February 27, 2007, 05:46 PM
Thanks god Sakib is a Rana Jr. and not another Ash Jr. Otherwise we would see another dead wood in the team flirting with a ODI average of below 20 rather than his current average which is 44.
If Rana jnr. can average 120% more than Rana, then Ash jnr. would probably do the same (which means 43 avg.). Plus he would make be major contributor in twice number of big victories compared to Ashraful.

We need to find Ash jnr :)

Rubu
February 27, 2007, 09:00 PM
plus as a batsman, rana's healthy average is off-set by his "even worse than JO" strike rate. the guy can't even score 1 run off 2 balls.

Rana's strike rate has a lot to do with at what situation he batted. For most part of his career he was not taken as a batsman and batted down the order. Still, he had plenty of opportunity to bat. Why, because of the collapse of top and middle order. He had to do the repair works in those cases. Unfortunately for him, he did not play for his strike rate in those cases, but digged in to repair the score. Need I mention he has the 2nd best average when opened for bangladesh, and has the 4th best test average among all players?

nobody
February 27, 2007, 09:02 PM
spitty,
i just failed to understand your logic. You start a war for non-performing JO, but always defending another non performer Ash. And you do not miss a chance to bash Sakib or Rana. Both of whom are actually performed. Rana's performance is far better than the free rider Ash in the series they played together. Same goes for Sakib. I am now actually disappointed that selectors went for two free rider in the team (Tamim and Ash), in the hope that they are socalled 'match winner' if clicked. I do not see they would click in near future. If we win againest the big boy it would be due to SN, Sakib, HB and Aftab's contribution in bat and Mash and Rajjak to bowl.

Murad
February 27, 2007, 10:36 PM
guys wheres the thread for the 2nd match...??

tonoy
February 27, 2007, 10:38 PM
its just amazing to see how people dont understand characteristics of quality batsmen. many of you complain about how Nafees scored century only against the minnows, and yes that is very very true, but you also gotta look at the fact that our other batsmen had the chance to play these minnows and failed not orly get a century but also to perform ( mainly talking about ashraful) either way im saying our two left handed batsmen starting with S are the best dependable batsmen we got, no offense but i doubt aftab still has matured enough to be that consistent or will ever be that matured. I predict another century from Nafees at tomorrow's game.

Spitfire_x86
February 28, 2007, 02:09 AM
spitty,
i just failed to understand your logic. You start a war for non-performing JO, but always defending another non performer Ash. And you do not miss a chance to bash Sakib or Rana. Both of whom are actually performed. Rana's performance is far better than the free rider Ash in the series they played together. Same goes for Sakib. I am now actually disappointed that selectors went for two free rider in the team (Tamim and Ash), in the hope that they are socalled 'match winner' if clicked. I do not see they would click in near future. If we win againest the big boy it would be due to SN, Sakib, HB and Aftab's contribution in bat and Mash and Rajjak to bowl.
Why I support Ash? This thread may explain (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=18941)
and for the fact that there's no reasonable replacement for him. When we find someone more consistent who can play equally well, you won't have to tell me to stop supporting him.

Ash is not being a free rider. Bashar has rarely done well in the ODIs, yet we need him for this tournament.