PDA

View Full Version : Help on Windows Media Player 11 for live radio streaming

Mohiul
February 25, 2007, 05:03 PM
Hi there!

I failed to listen BD vs Ber last match live on radio streaming. When I click the link of this address mms://abs-m1.act2000.net/abs, Windows Media Player opens but giving me this message:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because a network error occurred. The server might not be available. Verify that you are connected to the network and that your proxy settings are correct."

For your kind consideration I'm using Tiscali dial-up broadband & Norton Internet Security 2006 is installed in my system.

Please help me out of this problem.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Miraz
February 25, 2007, 05:11 PM
I experienced the same problem with abs radio. I could not even play the link from many website which provided abs radio link.

Other radio station even in Antigua (observer radio) was fine.

I don't know what to do?

Mohiul
February 25, 2007, 05:16 PM
Thanks Miraz bhai for showing your interest

akabir77
February 26, 2007, 11:59 AM
i was able to listen to it from home but now from office i get the same message. I know my office use proxy server. is there anyway i can by pass it...

akabir77
February 26, 2007, 12:11 PM
I tried with microsoft help by using the proxy address still not working...

Kabir
February 26, 2007, 12:34 PM
I had the same problem. Used Microsoft's web services to try and fix it, but failed.

Miraz bhai, which other radio station were you using?

akabir77
February 26, 2007, 12:43 PM
sombody was saying ALV player was working what's a ALV player? where can i download that?

Kabir
February 26, 2007, 12:47 PM
I just searched ALV player on download.com but didn't find anything. Searched it on Google, and found something. But not sure if it's reliable enough!

Ehsan
February 26, 2007, 01:02 PM
Okay, I have not heard the term dial-up broadband before. Is it DSL or ADLS connection? Do you have a router?

akabir77
February 26, 2007, 01:43 PM
Ok found the link

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

try this, I am trying with it too.

Mohiul
February 26, 2007, 04:21 PM
Okay, I have not heard the term dial-up broadband before. Is it DSL or ADLS connection? Do you have a router?

ADSL connection. No router. Sagem USB modem. USB ADSL Wan adapter

akabir77
February 27, 2007, 09:48 AM
ok That ALV player did it for me. WHat I did was I unchecked the proxy seeting from the browser first closed it and then opened it back again and then from there opened the link in ALV player.. Alright I am set for tomorrows game...