PDA

View Full Version : Bermuda's Batting against Canada: Food for your thought?

Rubu
February 26, 2007, 02:58 PM
Bermuda have just scored 206 runs against Canada. Say what, its just one run short of their score against us!

Does this mean that without Shahadat and Masri, our bowling attacking is just as good(!) as canada?

Just a thought!

Tigers_eye
February 26, 2007, 04:10 PM
Wait till tomorrow! You'll find that out. :)

Right now the only food I am thinking is Khichuri (hala-hala), Dim bhaji, piaaj'er achar, ar gorur gosh.

Rubu
February 26, 2007, 04:14 PM
Wait till tomorrow! You'll find that out. :)

Right now the only food I am thinking is Khicuri (hala-hala), Dim bhaji, piaaj'er achar, ar gorur gosh.
Game is on 28th I believe not tomorrow. Anyway, don't make me hungry. 'Chok dimuni' kintu :smug:

Spitfire_x86
February 26, 2007, 04:17 PM
They hit 11 sixes. Total 15 sixes in the match.

The ground is probably not very big. Big hitting will be important. This is why we must play Tamim even if its pure gamble.

Rubu
February 26, 2007, 04:29 PM
We already know what rajin is. So, it is important that we give the raw material a chance. Tamim is way too raw, and I'm afraid we do not have enough time to make him ready, but its worth trying. If he keeps failing in the warm ups, we can use Rajin at the final.

Here is the thing for you spitty: if Tamim fails in all the matches, would you still pick him or go with Rajin (I know you won't go with JO even in your worst nightmare).

Tigers_eye
February 26, 2007, 04:36 PM
Yes! I would still pick him for the Indian game. Same anology of having Ash in the squad. Jodi laigga jaiy!! Rajin can play in SL and Bermuda game.

akabir77
February 26, 2007, 04:49 PM
I think we need to pic ash for both the big games cause if laiga jay in one of those games then we r in business. rajin can give us respectable total not a winnable total...

Spitfire_x86
February 26, 2007, 04:53 PM
Here is the thing for you spitty: if Tamim fails in all the matches, would you still pick him or go with Rajin (I know you won't go with JO even in your worst nightmare).
If he fails in the Canada match and both warm-up matches, then I may pick Rajin to replace him. But I won't make him open. I'd open with SN + Aftab, and send Ashraful at #4. Rajin can bat at #3, if SN gets out first.

kalpurush
February 26, 2007, 05:00 PM
Back to the topic!.....I am already feeling bad for Canada!!Khobor achey porshu...oder!!!:)

sadi
February 26, 2007, 05:07 PM
If he fails in the Canada match and both warm-up matches, then I may pick Rajin to replace him. But I won't make him open. I'd open with SN + Aftab, and send Ashraful at #4. Rajin can bat at #3, if SN gets out first.

So that means after all these preparation, we will start our World cup with a completely new opening pair. Great!!! I know Aftab plays first down and gets exposed to new ball almost every single time but trust me, there is big difference in the mindset.

Hatebreed
February 26, 2007, 05:09 PM
Bermuda's batting is food for my imaginary gold fish's thought.

al Furqaan
February 26, 2007, 08:06 PM
Yes! I would still pick him for the Indian game. Same anology of having Ash in the squad. Jodi laigga jaiy!! Rajin can play in SL and Bermuda game.

jodi laigga jai...exactly my thoughts.

al Furqaan
February 26, 2007, 08:09 PM
back on topic:

no i wouldn't say that canada's bowling is equavalent to ours minus mash and rajib: our captaincy and field settings are worse.

also, i remember in WC 2003, canada took us for 180, and took kenya for over 200. kenya was still the far superior team. so stats from one game to another, whilst interesting, don't say much. you gotta have a larger sample size.

kind of like how after just 1 test match, zimbabwe and bangladesh had the highest 1st innings batting scores. and they are the worst 2 teams.

Spitfire_x86
February 27, 2007, 02:15 AM
So that means after all these preparation, we will start our World cup with a completely new opening pair. Great!!! I know Aftab plays first down and gets exposed to new ball almost every single time but trust me, there is big difference in the mindset.
So what? Trying out a new opening pair in WC is nothing new. In fact it brought NZ and SL success in 92 and 96.

Kabir
February 27, 2007, 02:26 AM
So what? Trying out a new opening pair in WC is nothing new. In fact it brought NZ and SL success in 92 and 96.

But we're not as successful team like NZ and SL. Most importantly, our players don't even have a clue as to what kind of partner they want. Right now that Tamim's style of smashing the balls (be it successfully or not) complement's SN's style of taking the time for getting set, we cannot afford to change that. Lets stick with Tamim even in the WC. Don't forget that we have Aftab at 1 down, meaning that the role of Tamim may be replaced by another smasher. After all that is over, and hopefully we've passed the 15 overs, Sakib can continue in the middle with SN. Aftab isn't reliable enough to stick in there for too long. Sakib and SN seem to have the right mindset for the middle-overs.

Spitfire_x86
February 27, 2007, 06:10 AM
But we're not as successful team like NZ and SL. Most importantly, our players don't even have a clue as to what kind of partner they want. Right now that Tamim's style of smashing the balls (be it successfully or not) complement's SN's style of taking the time for getting set, we cannot afford to change that. Lets stick with Tamim even in the WC. Don't forget that we have Aftab at 1 down, meaning that the role of Tamim may be replaced by another smasher. After all that is over, and hopefully we've passed the 15 overs, Sakib can continue in the middle with SN. Aftab isn't reliable enough to stick in there for too long. Sakib and SN seem to have the right mindset for the middle-overs.
I'm all for continuing with SN and Tamim. But we are talking about alternatives here :)

Rabz
February 27, 2007, 07:15 AM
you cant add 2 apples and 2 oranges...

sadi
February 27, 2007, 09:22 AM

Never mind. I guess you don't get it. Maybe we should start bowling with a spinner too. It did bring success for NZ in 92. Some thing may work for one team but that doesn't make it right for every other teams.

roaring tigerz
February 27, 2007, 10:57 AM
Playing Tamim as an opener is a risky venture for sure. We knew exactly what we were going into when he was selected in the first place. But the fact remains that we are up against two teams who are miles ahead of us in terms of skill as well as experience. Our best chance to succeed is pretty much to go for the 'shock and awe' approach.

Tamim would be the guy to give us that kick start. I say play him for at least the first WC game even if he fails to put up a decent score in any of the remaining warm up games.

MarufH
February 27, 2007, 11:18 AM
Tamim is a gamble we must play if we want to win against Ind/SL. period.

djuice
February 27, 2007, 04:57 PM
you cant add 2 apples and 2 oranges...

Why not?