PDA

View Full Version : Bashar Wary of Canada + Some info on Mash's injury..

Farhad
February 27, 2007, 11:05 AM
ICC Tri-series, Antigua

Bashar wary of Canada

Cricinfo staff

February 27, 2007

Habibul Bashar expects a tough test from Canada when Bangladesh play their second tri-series match in Antigua and also revealed that there are lingered fitness concerns around key strike bowler Mashrafe Mortaza.

"Mortaza had a minor foot injury before the last match and was rested," Basher told tigercricket.com. "That problem is gone but he is now complaining of back-pain. The physio feels it is not anything too serious but we have to wait and see whether he'll be available to face Canada."

Basher said his team won't underestimate the Canadians. "We haven't had a chance to watch [them] in action but from the information I have received they seem like a decent side," he added. "Gus Logie [Bermuda 's coach] told me that he thinks this Canadian team is better than the one that appeared in the 2003 World Cup.

"Also, they have won a practice game here against Antigua where they chased 231 with five wickets and more than seven overs to spare. Bermuda were okay but I believe Canada will be stronger."

Bashar said the return of Shahadat Hossain, Bangladesh's quickest bowler, is one certain change to their line-up for the second match, but he thought the team did well in all departments against Bermuda.

"We were playing without our two main fast bowlers [Mortaza and Shahadat] but the others did not do a bad job. The wickets here are excellent for batting and there is not much turn for the spinners so the bowlers did well in checking the runs. All the batsmen looked in good touch too."

© Cricinfo

Farhad
February 27, 2007, 11:14 AM
Some notes:
I dont think Mash will be out for that long.....A week max hopefully
Good to see BD not being complacent
Antigua pitch doesnt spin at all

sadi
February 27, 2007, 11:18 AM
I would give rest to Mash against Canada and play Rasel and Shahadat together. There is no point taking a chance with our main strike bowler. He will still have two more practice game.

Farhad
February 27, 2007, 11:26 AM
Heres some extra info from Tigercricket:
“I can tell you that Rajib (Shahadat Hossain) will be back but there will not be any changes in the batting line up. We will finalise the eleven after today’s practice"........(and some way down)..... "The ball loops up here and doesn’t skid. There is no pace in the wicket," said Salahuddin.

Farhad
February 27, 2007, 11:27 AM
Seems like a batting paradise....No spin, and no pace.

Tigers_eye
February 27, 2007, 11:31 AM
Yup! I say rest Mash even against NZ if needed. We need him against Ind and SL that is the bottom line.

Bashar didn't address 83/5 to 205/7. I hope the coaching staff can lay it on the players thick. The Boys need to at least practice a match with 110% effort. Lack laster effort would not buy against India or SL. And as I know we are not like the Clive Lloyd team that could turn it on when ever they felt like.

al Furqaan
February 27, 2007, 11:51 AM
Yup! I say rest Mash even against NZ if needed. We need him against Ind and SL that is the bottom line.

Bashar didn't address 83/5 to 205/7. I hope the coaching staff can lay it on the players thick. The Boys need to at least practice a match with 110% effort. Lack laster effort would not buy against India or SL. And as I know we are not like the Clive Lloyd team that could turn it on when ever they felt like.

yep i agree...

but this is eerily reminiscent of mash's back problem from 05-06, first it was "he will miss 1st ODI...then became he will be out for 8-12 weeks". and he ended up being out for 5 months.

Kabir
February 27, 2007, 12:09 PM
Mash's back pain is worrying me. Rest is fine.

Miraz
February 27, 2007, 12:10 PM
This is really unfortunate. Mashrafee enjoyed an injury free year and now getting problems ahead of most crucial world cup matches.

I will blame the physio more than anyone else.

We are not in a position to rest Mashrafee. He should be within play to bring out the best in the WC matches. Unfortunately that's not happening. :(

ialbd
February 27, 2007, 01:50 PM
Mash will be completely fit before the NZ game inshALLAH. NZ game can be his warmup game for the actual games. There is no point playing him tomorrow....

BangladeshFan
February 27, 2007, 03:33 PM
batsmen need match practice and experience of the pitch, bowlers dont really need that. As Mashrafi is sure to feature in the 11, i think it is better to rest him as much as possible.

Rubu
February 27, 2007, 04:06 PM
I would like to see a demolition work tomorrow. But Bashar is too 'putu putu' to do that. He will target a win the safest way possible. Whereas, we should give them a message of who is the boss. WC 2003 still hurts, and only some kind of a record will heal the pain a bit. But I know for sure, bashar is not willing to do that.

akabir77
February 27, 2007, 04:17 PM
Most of you guys want to see demolition in tomorrows match where as the reality is they r much better opponent than zimbo, kenya or scott. The thing is if there gun fires it might burn us again but the thing they fire rarely. What i am trying to say is scott or zimbo or bermuda doesn't have players like Canada got who r sleeping giants. And that's why we should be very cautious. I am glad that Hablu understood that.

Its true that if we play them 10 time we probably will win 9 times but I am afraid of that one time. I don't get afraid of the other minnows that much cause i know even in their good day they can go this much but with canada who got all these hired guns if they fire all together...

SO i am guessing we will win and we should take the safest way instead trying to demolish them and getting burned...

al Furqaan
February 27, 2007, 06:01 PM
canada got whitewashed 2-0 at home against bermuda...at home.

they didn't make the finals of the WCL...put it lightly they are team which is marginally better than bermuda. bagai and davison are the only ones remotely capable of doing anything. no on else will score 20 runs

Farhad
February 27, 2007, 09:52 PM
There is absolutely no way Canada can beat Scotland, let alone BD. Bashar's just showing some respect to the Canadian team. Heres the ODI record betweeen Sco and Can:
1 Can 292/5 50 50
2 Sco 293/8 49.5 50
1 Can 208 44.3 50
2 Sco 209/8 47.2 50
1 Sco 276/4 50 50
2 Can 269/9 50 50
(All of the above were played in Kenya in the 2006/2007 season)
And the ICC Championship record:
1 Can 99/4 29.4 50 (Played in 1996)
- Sco DNB - - -
1 Sco 201/8 50 50 (2001)
2 Can 189 49 50
1 Sco 176/9 50 50 (2001)
2 Can 177/5 39.5 50
1 Can 189/8 50 50 (2005)
2 Sco 190/3 42.4 50

cricketboy
February 27, 2007, 10:09 PM
Time to take revenge of 2003 World Cup defeat and we cant be overconfident. I remember Hannan Sarkar in that match he was batting as if he was playing 12 yr olds and laughing after hitting couple of 4s. Next thing we see is he is out and we collapse.

tonoy
February 27, 2007, 10:19 PM
mash will be ready for the game against canada ;p. so dont worry!!!! mash needs some canadian blood anyways. and i wouldnt be surprised if Nafees makes another century!!!!!

BanglaCool
February 27, 2007, 11:22 PM
Time to take revenge of 2003 World Cup defeat and we cant be overconfident. I remember Hannan Sarkar in that match he was batting as if he was playing 12 yr olds and laughing after hitting couple of 4s. Next thing we see is he is out and we collapse.
Every Sarkar has an end.

BanglaCool
February 27, 2007, 11:23 PM
Most of you guys want to see demolition in tomorrows match where as the reality is they r much better opponent than zimbo, kenya or scott. The thing is if there gun fires it might burn us again but the thing they fire rarely. What i am trying to say is scott or zimbo or bermuda doesn't have players like Canada got who r sleeping giants. And that's why we should be very cautious. I am glad that Hablu understood that.

Its true that if we play them 10 time we probably will win 9 times but I am afraid of that one time. I don't get afraid of the other minnows that much cause i know even in their good day they can go this much but with canada who got all these hired guns if they fire all together...

SO i am guessing we will win and we should take the safest way instead trying to demolish them and getting burned...
Gives new meaning to the phrase "Hire and Fire!"

BanglaCool
February 27, 2007, 11:25 PM
mash will be ready for the game against canada ;p. so dont worry!!!! mash needs some canadian blood anyways. and i wouldnt be surprised if Nafees makes another century!!!!!
Shahadat is equally thirsty. Don't make our bowlers look like vampires.

Thunder
February 28, 2007, 04:41 AM
Mash should only be playing against NZ other than that its better to play with Baisha and give him a batting chance up the order. I am sure he can do better with the bat if not by ball..

RazabQ
February 28, 2007, 04:30 PM
As the spate of no balls showed, both Mash & Shahadat need to play to get into match rhythm. And seems Bashar knows the difference in quality - or lack thereof - between BD & Canada better than us. We barely won cuz - most probably because John Davidson had an Ashraful moment.

akabir77
February 28, 2007, 04:47 PM
there u go like i said canda, Scottland teams r always dangerous then other regular team. cause they bring in these welstblished hired guns who r just out of their national team so they r looking for countries to represent and play WC. I think if Tusher by now started looking for a country he might be playing next WC. so that's why i never take these countries lightly and there is no point of measuring how good we r and etc as they can always get better guns when they want...

Spitfire_x86
February 28, 2007, 05:01 PM
there u go like i said canda, Scottland teams r always dangerous then other regular team. cause they bring in these welstblished hired guns who r just out of their national team so they r looking for countries to represent and play WC. I think if Tusher by now started looking for a country he might be playing next WC. so that's why i never take these countries lightly and there is no point of measuring how good we r and etc as they can always get better guns when they want...
These guys are not even Tushar in their original country. More like some NCL/Premier League player about whom you've never heard of.

Farhad
February 28, 2007, 06:40 PM
How can ppl keep treating Canada as if they are the best of the minnows/associates?? Anyone who knows even very little about associate cricket would learn that theyre terrible...BD is the only team that struggles against them....

akabir77
February 28, 2007, 11:25 PM
These guys are not even Tushar in their original country. More like some NCL/Premier League player about whom you've never heard of.

That's true but the problem is some talent no presure for your position lats them play carefree. cause if they get it good else not bad either...